Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Son Arrested After Allegedly Stabbing Orange County Neighbor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Son Arrested After Allegedly Stabbing Orange County Neighbor

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/kareem-abdul-jabbars-son-arrested-after-allegedly-stabbing-orange-county-neighbor/2379409/

Quote:
The son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was arrested this week after allegedly stabbing his neighbor, sheriff's officials said.

On Tuesday, the Orange County Sheriff's Department was called to a San Clemente neighborhood around 10 p.m. They were responding to a stabbing that apparently occurred during a dispute between neighbors.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 28, allegedly stabbed his neighbor multiple times during the altercation late Tuesday. The victim, whose name was withheld, drove himself to the hospital, with non-life threatening injuries.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

At least it wasn't life threatening but I don't know what to say here.

Except he resembles Bob Ross.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject:

OT - but Orange County is trending on twitter today: “Florida of California”
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Stabbed multiple times?!?! That’s seriously disturbing. I am glad the injuries were non-threatening.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s son allegedly stabbed neighbor over trash can dispute

The 28-year-old son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has been accused of stabbing a 60-year-old neighbor he’s known for years after arguing with the man on their street, police said Saturday.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar was arrested after the Tuesday evening incident in San Clemente, California, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, according to local media reports.

The alleged victim, Ray Winsor, took himself to an area hospital with multiple injuries. Winsor told police he was stabbed seven times, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson.

In an interview with KABC, Winsor claimed Abdul-Jabbar lived with an elderly woman and Winsor felt he wasn’t doing enough to help her.

“I sort of got on him because the lady who takes care of him is an 83-year-old,” Winsor told the TV station. “(And) he doesn’t do anything for her and it just bums me out. She’s in a walker taking her trash cans down.”

Winsor said Kareem-Jabbar went back inside his house and returned with a knife, saying he was going to “stick a knife through his teeth,” KCBS reported.

“I said, ‘Really,’ because I thought he was only joking,” Winsor said. “I’ve known the kid a long time.”

“I turned and he was on me. I thought he was punching me but he actually had a knife,” Winsor said.

“After the fourth punch, I felt a very sharp pain and noticed blood coming out of me and then I had one to the top of my head and I was trying to get back to my house and he was in front of me.”

Abdul-Jabbar posted $25,000 bail. He apologized to Winsor’s wife the next day, KABC reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/adam-abdul-jabbar-stabbed-neighbor-over-trash-can-dispute-report/
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The daughter of a 60-year-old California man allegedly stabbed seven times by the son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said she fears for her parents’ lives because the bailed-out suspect is back home next door.

Rachel Winsor, 26, said she grew up with 6-foot-7 Adam Abdul-Jabbar, 28, in San Clemente and was shocked and horrified Tuesday when her father told her Adam had gone berserk over an argument involving trash cans.

After being bailed out on Wednesday, he returned home and made a bee-line for his victim’s house.

“He came over to say he was sorry to my mom, but I can’t believe he got out so fast,” Winsor told The Post Saturday.

“What if he wants to come finish off the job?”

Abdul-Jabbar was arrested after the Tuesday evening incident in Orange County on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, police said.

Ray Winsor took himself to an area hospital with multiple injuries. He was resting at home Saturday.

Abdul-Jabbar and Rachel’s parents, Ray and Sheila, are neighbors in a cul-de-sac. Abdul-Jabbar has lived with a woman named Evelyn Calvert, a friend of his mother, since graduating from high school, Rachel said. Adam called her his adopted grandmother.

“Before that Adam used to come visit here on spring break and in the summer throughout our childhood,” Rachel said. “I known him since I was little. This was so out of the blue. I’ve never seen him like that.”

She said her dad was bothered that Adam didn’t seem to help Calvert, who is in her 80s. “She has a walker but he doesn’t even help her with groceries,” Winsor said. “It just really was upsetting for my dad to see that. He’s a really traditional guy.”

Reached by phone, Sheila Winsor said her husband was in pain all night. A nurse arrived during her call with The Post to administer pain medication. Mrs. Winsor said she has not opened the door to Abdul-Jabbar but “his car is right next door across the cul-de-sac.”

“My husband is a trouper but he’s really sore,” she said.

Rachel Winsor said Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was sighted briefly after the alleged stabbing incident but did not stay long or visit her parents.

“He’s never stepped up,” Winsor said, adding that she meant Abdul-Jabbar never seemed to have much of a role in Adam’s life. “He just turns a blind eye.”

She said Adam had grown up near Atlanta with his mother and his mother’s partner but did not get along very well with them and moved back with Calvert permanently after high school after spending time with her as a child.

Rachel Winsor said her dad was a manager at a local car repair shop and “a great guy loved by everyone.”

Rachel says her father told her he was stabbed in the back of the head and the neck.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/daughter-of-alleged-abdul-jabbar-stabbing-victim-fears-for-parents/
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Wow
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Don't mean to laugh too much about this incident, but for a few seconds I was like "Hmm, the neighbor doesn't look like Bob Ross at all..." Then I googled Kareem's kid.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Don't mean to laugh too much about this incident, but for a few seconds I was like "Hmm, the neighbor doesn't look like Bob Ross at all..." Then I googled Kareem's kid.

That's who I was referring to.
10,000 Hours
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Not a good look for the Kareems
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Well he obviously has a mental illness.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Yep. I'm surprised that the neighbor hasn't gotten a restraining order.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

What’s obvious about it doc?
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Or a serious anger management problem. Or could be on drugs which can result in people lashing out like this.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Bol wrote:

Or a serious anger management problem. Or could be on drugs which can result in people lashing out like this.

It's not just the attack. He's 28 years old and since high school has lived with an 83 year old woman to whom he's not related and who reportedly takes care of him, not the other way around. I have nothing against unusual living arrangements but I'd be very surprised if there isn't some kind of mental illness there, and frankly I appreciate the guy who got stabbed for trying to stick up for that old woman a bit, because it sounds like she's in a tough position.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/kareem-abdul-jabbar-son-charged-stabbing-trnd/index.html

Quote:
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's son charged with stabbing a neighbor over an argument about trash cans

(CNN)Adam Abdul-Jabbar, son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, has been charged with multiple felonies two months after allegedly stabbing his neighbor after an argument over trash cans, authorities said.

Abdul-Jabbar, 28, is accused of stabbing his 60-year-old neighbor repeatedly with a large hunting knife and fracturing his skull during an argument in San Clemente on June 9, the Orange County District Attorney's Office said on Tuesday. The man's wife drove him to the hospital where he "nearly died from blood loss after collapsing outside the emergency room," prosecutors said.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's son arrested for allegedly stabbing neighbor
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's son arrested for allegedly stabbing neighbor
The argument began when the neighbor confronted Abdul-Jabbar about not taking in his elderly roommate's trash cans, the district attorney's office said, adding that the stabbing occurred after the argument escalated.
"A dispute between neighbors should never escalate to violence, much less the ruthless nature of this attack," Orange County District Attorney Todd

We tested liquid eyeliners from Tarte and Revlon to Stila and NYX for precision, staying power, value and more to find the best liner for you.
"Violence of any kind will not be tolerated in Orange County and those who choose to inflict violence on others will be prosecuted by the Orange County District Attorney's Office to the fullest extent of the law."
Abdul-Jabbar was charged with three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one felony count of carrying a dagger and three enhancements of inflicting great bodily injury, county prosecutors said.
He faces up to nine years and eight months in state prison, according to the district attorney.
"It was the complaining witness in this matter who initiated the altercation and it was Mr. Abdul-Jabbar who contacted the police to report it," Abdul-Jabbar's attorney Shawn Holley said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. "For these reasons and many more, we are disappointed that this case was filed, but stand ready to address the charges in court."
CNN has reached out to Holley for comment.
Abdul-Jabbar was released from jail on $25,000 bond after his arrest in June. He is scheduled to be arraigned on September 9, according to the district attorney.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kareem-abdul-jabbars-son-spend-180-days-jail-stabbing-rcna5305

Quote:
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's son sentenced to 180 days in jail for stabbing
Adam Abdul-Jabbar's 60-year-old neighbor nearly died from blood loss after Adam stabbed him with a hunting knife, authorities said.

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, son of basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, was sentenced to 180 days in jail Wednesday for stabbing his Southern California neighbor Raymond Windsor with a hunting knife during a June 9, 2020 argument over trash cans, prosecutors tell NBC News.

Windsor was 60 years old at the time of the incident and suffered injuries to his head, back, neck and side. Prosecutors add Abdul-Jabbar’s actions were so severe he fractured Windsor’s skull and Windsor nearly died of blood loss after collapsing outside of the hospital.

Abdul-Jabbar was charged for the stabbing in August 2020.

The basketball legend's 29-year-old son was facing a maximum sentence of 9 years in prison and pleaded guilty to three counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of carrying a dirk or dagger, with sentencing enhancements for inflicting great bodily injury, according to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

Abdul-Jabbar accepted a court offer from Orange County judge Derek Johnson.

Sentencing is stayed until January 7, 2022 so that Abdul-Jabbar can apply for home confinement instead of incarceration, the DA’s office said, adding that probation officials will decide whether he will be permitted home confinement.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who loves to tell other people what to think and how to live, can give some advice to his son.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Maybe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who loves to tell other people what to think and how to live, can give some advice to his son.

I get the distinct feeling he never really raised him but that's probably another discussion entirely.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Could be dissociative drugs. He got a damn good lawyer to not get drug tested. AND he gets only 180 days in jail, possibly home confinement, you know where the attack occured.

lol criminal system is a joke when you have $$$ or related to someone famous.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Bol wrote:

Could be dissociative drugs. He got a damn good lawyer to not get drug tested. AND he gets only 180 days in jail, possibly home confinement, you know where the attack occured.

lol criminal system is a joke when you have $$$ or related to someone famous.

Yes. Yes it is.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Dude must have been pissed off too from that 3rd quarter
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:02 am    Post subject:

The other lesson to learn here is don't go to your neighbors house talking crazy. He just might be the real crazy one.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

Was recently sentenced to 180 days in jail for the stabbing. That's a really light sentence.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: