How do you feel about the season now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JacksonLN wrote:
Pretty pessimistic about it. The euphoria is gone now. It is what it is. Maybe it'll be exciting... maybe not. But I do not have high hopes.

Adam Silver himself has questions about actually finishing the Invitational

The problem is that its pretty tough to ask people to seal themselves off from the rest of the world for 2-3 months....all it takes is a couple of people to break the bubble and introduce the virus to stop play.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JacksonLN wrote:
Pretty pessimistic about it. The euphoria is gone now. It is what it is. Maybe it'll be exciting... maybe not. But I do not have high hopes.

The problem is that its pretty tough to ask people to seal themselves off from the rest of the world for 2-3 months....all it takes is a couple of people to break the bubble and introduce the virus to stop play.

The problem is that it isn’t a bubble, Florida residents who work at Disney will be coming and going daily. I would be more worried about them than other players.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JacksonLN wrote:

The problem is that it isn’t a bubble, Florida residents who work at Disney will be coming and going daily. I would be more worried about them than other players.

And it only takes one case for the entire thing to be shut down again. Just doesn’t seem realistic.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JacksonLN wrote:

And it only takes one case for the entire thing to be shut down again. Just doesn’t seem realistic.

As time goes on, when I see Florida struggling, hear from current and former athletes who don’t trust their peers, and factor human nature to be independent, I would be surprised if there is no champ. I’m expecting and watching for the interruption and realization that some things can’t and shouldn’t be rushed.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Shutting back down is a possibility, but it will take more than one case. Silver and league execs have repeatedly said that they expect someone to get COVID.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Shutting back down is a possibility, but it will take more than one case. Silver and league execs have repeatedly said that they expect someone to get COVID.

I think the key will be if one person getS it In a team, will that lead to 2 or3 others getting it. If it does, it means their measures to eliminate spread aren’t working.

Like aT my work which is a medical facility. A worker tested positive but no one else did. This means the measures my company used to reduce spread are at least to other workers are working.

Hard to say if the worker got it from a patient or elsewhere.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject:

On a side note, I wonder if Talen Horton-Tucker is ready to bring some defense and try to fit in?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

The odds of finishing the season are minimal at best. The negatives of continuing far outweigh the positives.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Premier League have confirmed there were zero positive test results from 1,973 players and club staff in the latest round of coronavirus testing.

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1280192077092044800?s=21

That’s what competence looks like.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: