View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:
I sold my PS4 with both dual shock controllers and 5 games for 300 dollars.

friends told me im an idiot for giving games and not pre-ordering PS5 yet....

i thought i made a good deal because I am going to wait for ps5 to hit costco like i did with my PS4

what do you guys think? also i still have my ps3

Was that a pro or standard Ps4? If it's the regular PS4 I think you did fantastic. I have a PS4 Pro that's been used for less than an hour. I bought it last Black Friday but I just prefer my PC so much more. Guess I'll toss it up on ebay/craigs.

PS4 standard. 500 model

That is a good price you got. Especially if it's not even a slim model.

I guess there hasn't been many PS4 deals during the pandemic so I could see someone buying it for that price. Black Friday is coming though and you know the PS4's 1tb will be $200 or under. There will probably be cheap deals all holidays, so definitely smart to sell now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

i thought i made a good deal because I am going to wait for ps5 to hit costco like i did with my PS4

Was that a pro or standard Ps4? If it's the regular PS4 I think you did fantastic. I have a PS4 Pro that's been used for less than an hour. I bought it last Black Friday but I just prefer my PC so much more. Guess I'll toss it up on ebay/craigs.

PS4 standard. 500 model

I guess there hasn't been many PS4 deals during the pandemic so I could see someone buying it for that price. Black Friday is coming though and you know the PS4's 1tb will be $200 or under. There will probably be cheap deals all holidays, so definitely smart to sell now.

The Pro is substantially more valuable than the slim.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

PS4 standard. 500 model

I know. I was referring to the original PS4 that came before slim/pro. I didn't know if had an original or slim since the original was 500gb.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

PS4 standard. 500 model

I know. I was referring to the original PS4 that came before slim/pro. I didn't know if had an original or slim since the original was 500gb.

Ah, I misread 999's post. Thought he had a Pro. Dang, $300 for a Ps4 500gb? Lol, man someone didn't do their homework .
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

PS4 standard. 500 model

Ah, I misread 999's post. Thought he had a Pro. Dang, $300 for a Ps4 500gb? Lol, man someone didn't do their homework .

its sort of both of us. I actually don't want to rip this person off so what the price of it should be
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
999 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

PS4 standard. 500 model

its sort of both of us. I actually don't want to rip this person off so what the price of it should be

$250 is generous. Used ones on Amazon are going for $240 and the sellers are going to have to eat Amazon's fee so they're probably walking away with maybe $215-220?
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Just won a PS5 from that Burger King promo.

I'm debating If I want to keep it or sell it for some profit.

If I keep it, what's the best TV that will take advantage of what this console offers. I did some research online and the consensus is HDMI 2.1 for 4K at 120 FPS and 8K at 60 FPS, with HDR. Not much of a tech guy but it is confusing searching for TVs that are marketing they are doing that but I want to be careful cause of the wording. Some TVs can say they do 120 but they really don't.

One of the reasons why I want to sell it and buy a PS5 later on when it is easier to get one and TV manufacturers will take advantage of the new technology.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:

If I keep it, what's the best TV that will take advantage of what this console offers. I did some research online and the consensus is HDMI 2.1 for 4K at 120 FPS and 8K at 60 FPS, with HDR. Not much of a tech guy but it is confusing searching for TVs that are marketing they are doing that but I want to be careful cause of the wording. Some TVs can say they do 120 but they really don't.

One of the reasons why I want to sell it and buy a PS5 later on when it is easier to get one and TV manufacturers will take advantage of the new technology.
Most stuff coming out right now probably won't take advantage of the HDMI 2.1 option. So you have time.

Grats on winning a PS5. that is sweet! Here is a decent article about which TV's are best for the new systems. There are tons more out there too, but this one is most recent. https://www.cnet.com/news/best-tvs-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-series-s-with-4k-120fps-input-and-vrr/
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:

Most stuff coming out right now probably won't take advantage of the HDMI 2.1 option. So you have time.

Grats on winning a PS5. that is sweet! Here is a decent article about which TV's are best for the new systems. There are tons more out there too, but this one is most recent. https://www.cnet.com/news/best-tvs-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-series-s-with-4k-120fps-input-and-vrr/

Thanks man. I don't even like BK but my coworker convinced me to get lunch there. I am leaning towards just selling the PS5.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:

Thanks man. I don't even like BK but my coworker convinced me to get lunch there. I am leaning towards just selling the PS5.

ill pay you 400 bucks for it
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:

That is awesome! No way i would sell it if i won a PS5, but i understand why you are considering the option. Either way, i think the PS5 will be awesome at launch because it will give certain PS4 games a boost in performance (like Ghost of Tsushima), so there are PS4 games you can play for the first time on PS5 that will perform better than they did on a PS4. I don't think the PS5 will take advantage of 4K 120 FPS on HDMI 2.1 for most games for a while, and i will be happy with 4K 60 FPS coming from a 1080p TV recently. However, i bought a Sony A8H (only supports HDMI 2.0) last month, and i was considering returning it for the LG CX for HDMI 2.1 futureproofing.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

NBA 2k21 load times on the Xbox Series X looking incredibly fast. It takes 1 second to load your MyCareer player into the city. The city is the new neighborhood for next gen. Neighborhood would take a long time to load on PS4/XboxOne. Hopefully PS5 load times are the same.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
NBA 2k21 load times on the Xbox Series X looking incredibly fast. It takes 1 second to load your MyCareer player into the city. The city is the new neighborhood for next gen. Neighborhood would take a long time to load on PS4/XboxOne. Hopefully PS5 load times are the same.

PS5 load times will crush the xbox since the PS5 SSD is custom technology that is faster than pretty much every PC SSD i have ever seen. In terms of speed, the PS5 SSD is roughly twice as fast as the xbox SSD, so it's gonna be difficult for the xbox to match loading times of the PS5: https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-ssd-vs-xbox-series-x-ssd-which-is-better/ 2 days!

Edit: PS5 Load times:
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
eureca wrote:

PS5 load times will crush the xbox since the PS5 SSD is custom technology that is faster than pretty much every PC SSD i have ever seen. In terms of speed, the PS5 SSD is roughly twice as fast as the xbox SSD, so it's gonna be difficult for the xbox to match loading times of the PS5: https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-ssd-vs-xbox-series-x-ssd-which-is-better/ 2 days!

Nice. Yea I wasn't sure just because I know a few days ago they were saying the backwards compatible games were loading faster on the Series X than the PS5. I guess we will see how much PS5's SSD pays dividends in the future. I am not 100% sure about all the technical stuff, but I have heard the CPU also plays a part in loading times. End of the day I don't really think a second here or there is going to make a difference in user experience as long as both load fast.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
eureca wrote:

Nice. Yea I wasn't sure just because I know a few days ago they were saying the backwards compatible games were loading faster on the Series X than the PS5. I guess we will see how much PS5's SSD pays dividends in the future. I am not 100% sure about all the technical stuff, but I have heard the CPU also plays a part in loading times. End of the day I don't really think a second here or there is going to make a difference in user experience as long as both load fast.

Yea, i agree. So i set it up yesterday and got NBA2k21 and Spiderman Miles Morales running. Load time is basically instantaneous on a NBA2k21 quick game. They also got Kobe's character model better than i have seen in any other NBA2K games (which usually made him look a little weird). Basketball moves are much more fluid (especially contact dunks). For Spiderman: Miles Morales, performance mode runs like a dream (my TV is a Sony A8H OLED with no VRR or HDMI 2.1). A caveat is to make sure you are quitting games before putting the PS5 into rest mode because people are seeing hard drive failures when going directly into rest mode with a game running. Xbox users are facing some issues too with clicking sounds from the disc drive. The PS5 runs almost silently and is a night and day difference from my launch PS4 in terms of fan noise, and i am looking forward to trying Demon's Souls today.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject:

Glad to hear about the fan noise. My PS4 pro gets insanely loud with 2k. You get use to the noise, but sometimes you can't just ignore it. I don't really have a good TV as of now. I was looking at some prices, but I am not someone that is going to spend 1k+ for a tv. When I get my PS5 I will be playing on my 4k monitor for the time being. It's only 60hz though. That is what I have my PS4 pro hooked up to.

I should have my PS5 soon. Hopefully there aren't too many technical issues. I guess that is the risk of buying consoles at launch. Hopefully the PSN store sells an extended warranty like the PS4 did.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Glad to hear about the fan noise. My PS4 pro gets insanely loud with 2k. You get use to the noise, but sometimes you can't just ignore it. I don't really have a good TV as of now. I was looking at some prices, but I am not someone that is going to spend 1k+ for a tv. When I get my PS5 I will be playing on my 4k monitor for the time being. It's only 60hz though. That is what I have my PS4 pro hooked up to.

I should have my PS5 soon. Hopefully there aren't too many technical issues. I guess that is the risk of buying consoles at launch. Hopefully the PSN store sells an extended warranty like the PS4 did.

I believe there is a one year warranty included, which should cover basic stuff that goes wrong at launch. Your 4K monitor should be perfectly fine for the PS5. I only got a new TV because my old one was a Samsung 1080p from 2012. You do not have to pay 1k+ for a TV if it is non-OLED, and you do not really need OLED for the PS5 (but it does look very nice). FYI for people planning to use the PS5 as a 4K blu-ray player like me, dolby vision is not supported currently :/

Started Demon's Souls: similar near-instant load times, very nice to play a Souls game at a nearly-locked 60 FPS, incredible visuals compared to other Souls games. Curious to see what others think about the games once the PS5 deliveries start rolling in.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject:

I can NOT believe the scarcity of gaming/computer gear right now. It's insanity. No 3070s, 3080s or 3090s to be found anywhere. No Ryzen 5000s available anywhere. PS5's probably out until the new year.

Even a damn SFX power supply. I had a Platinum Corsair SF750 in my cart for $150 before Corona. They can not be found except off ebay for 2x+ that price. Who knew how many people it turned into do it yourself PC gamers
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I can NOT believe the scarcity of gaming/computer gear right now. It's insanity. No 3070s, 3080s or 3090s to be found anywhere. No Ryzen 5000s available anywhere. PS5's probably out until the new year.

Even a damn SFX power supply. I had a Platinum Corsair SF750 in my cart for $150 before Corona. They can not be found except off ebay for 2x+ that price. Who knew how many people it turned into do it yourself PC gamers

Why didn’t they just manufacture more PS5s?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Why didn’t they just manufacture more PS5s?

I would think the supply chain is affected by corona.
Anyways since a large majority of people are forced to work at home now the scarcity of computer gear is not a surprise.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

The 2K21 experience on PS5 is awesome, the commentators speak like it’s a real basketball game and the graphics are amazing.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

the trick is using apple pay on newegg, instant checkout with face id
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I stopped by MicroCenter today because I need a new SD card and the ones they sell at checkout are dirt cheap. They had 10 minute queue that wrapped around the building. The wait wasn't the issue for me...I could see through their doors that it was packed with morons inside, so I walked right back to my car, but I overheard that they receive 15 3080 units every day and they sell out before the 5 minute mark.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I stopped by MicroCenter today because I need a new SD card and the ones they sell at checkout are dirt cheap. They had 10 minute queue that wrapped around the building. The wait wasn't the issue for me...I could see through their doors that it was packed with morons inside, so I walked right back to my car, but I overheard that they receive 15 3080 units every day and they sell out before the 5 minute mark.

Lol. Bro I was JUST there yesterday around 3 in the afternoon. Their website showed some AMD 5800x and 5900x cpu's in stock. The line was wrapped around the building.

This really sucks. I'm a patient guy but I really wanted to have my new rig up and running before Cyberpunk 2077 is released. I've got ~ a month to go and still need cpu/mobo/SFX psu/gfx card. My current I7-6700K/RTX 2070 super should be able to run it extremely well but for a title like this, I want the bells and whistles.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Lol. Bro I was JUST there yesterday around 3 in the afternoon. Their website showed some AMD 5800x and 5900x cpu's in stock. The line was wrapped around the building.

This really sucks. I'm a patient guy but I really wanted to have my new rig up and running before Cyberpunk 2077 is released. I've got ~ a month to go and still need cpu/mobo/SFX psu/gfx card. My current I7-6700K/RTX 2070 super should be able to run it extremely well but for a title like this, I want the bells and whistles.

If you're interested I've got a spare 3080 sc coming in from evga in December through their step up program if you don't have one already by then. I'll sell it you for the receipt price. I managed to pick up a 3090 along the way and decided to go with it. As for anything microcenter related. Unless you're willing to line up the day before around 6 pm forget about it. There are anti maskers there and the people there are so gross there's something we had to create a hashtag called #sh1tgate for one of the incidents.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: