2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
By the way, who was saying that Portland would crush the Lakers? Idiots!
Yes, Blazers are good, Dame is great but they aren’t all that. Good team, better than 8, certainly but I don’t see them crushing the Lakers like some have said.

I think y'all are crazy if you don't think Portland has a good chance against us. They literally have a steph curry on steroids right now who is capable of making more 3's than our entire team some nights.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
It'll be the greatest day if Memphis beats Portland

But Memphis has to beat them twice
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Meh. The whole Portland roster will be a liability on D when covering Lebron or AD
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

chrisca91 wrote:
Lebron just broke his wrist again from punching the wall probs.

Dame is gonna average 60 against us lmfao

GTFOH!

The only team people talk that crap about is the Lakers. No one is complaining about Portland beating a rag tag Suicide Squad Brooklyn team with no KD, Kyrie, Deandre, and Spence. Lebron ain’t scared. Dame is lucky that Rondo and Avery aren’t playing. Dame is about to get run over on defense.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Yes, Blazers are good, Dame is great but they aren’t all that. Good team, better than 8, certainly but I don’t see them crushing the Lakers like some have said.

I think y'all are crazy if you don't think Portland has a good chance against us. They literally have a steph curry on steroids right now who is capable of making more 3's than our entire team some nights.

Dame is a beast and I think Portland is overall a good team. But I have faith in their constant ability to absolutely stop playing defense in key moments in the game.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

I give Dame one game but that's about it
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any way Memphis beats Portland in the play-in tournament. Maybe Memphis should send someone to Dame's room and break his kneecap or something, that's probably their only chance.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Nah, def. not a good chance. We're a drastically better overall team then them and are built for the Playoffs.

Lilliard is absolutely good enough to get a game possibly two if he plays out of this world and goes for 60+ but the Blazers have no answer for two better players then him in AD and Lebron.. Also, Melo will be guarding Kuz which is pretty comical as well.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I give Dame one game but that's about it

He is very Iverson like. I agree, one game.
I mean, what is their answer for AD, Lebron and the other guys?
Love Dame, like I said, but I don’t fear them.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

They do? I thought it was one game for the taking.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Only thing is blazers don't have Klay, KD, Iggy or Dray

Nice try tough
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) who will sticks Trent Jr. or box out Nurcic. I hope the Lakers listens to Barkley and the haters who picking Portland.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

AFireInside619 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

GTFOH!

The only team people talk that crap about is the Lakers. No one is complaining about Portland beating a rag tag Suicide Squad Brooklyn team with no KD, Kyrie, Deandre, and Spence. Lebron ain’t scared. Dame is lucky that Rondo and Avery aren’t playing. Dame is about to get run over on defense.

Lmfao? Who exactly is going to stop Lillard? Caruso? Bahahaha

Unless Lebron is 2018 Lebron prepare for a disappointment. Nurkic can compete with AD pretty easily.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

(bleep) who will stick Trent Jr. or box out Nurcic. I hope the Lakers listens to Barkley and the haters who picking Portland.

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

It's the best out of 3 with the 8th seed given a 1 game lead over the 9th seed team to start.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

It's the best out of 3 with the 8th seed given a 1 game lead over the 9th seed team to start.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Nah, def. not a good chance. We're a drastically better overall team then them and are built for the Playoffs.

Lilliard is absolutely good enough to get a game possibly two if he plays out of this world and goes for 60+ but the Blazers have no answer for two better players then him in AD and Lebron.. Also, Melo will be guarding Kuz which is pretty comical as well.

That's not how things work in the world. You can't just turn the switch on and expect the Lakers to perform in the playoffs.

The last 8 games have been very very concerning; stats dont lie we are dead last in offense. You can't compete in today's NBA without executing offensively
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Nice try tough

Nice try? What am i trying? I just have real concerns about our pedestrian offense (namely shooting) matching up with a blazers team that is one of the best shooting teams in the nba.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Don't see how Memphis wins twice based on their play in the bubble, hopefully they can at least win the first game
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Suns were playing better than anybody in the league. Yes even over the Blazers. Not scared of either, but the best team may have been eliminated tonight.

People are slightly over hyping the Blazers. If Lakers play bad of course they have a shot. We are about to give a defensive minded coach the next 4 days to get ready for a defensive scheme vs Dame. Blazers are a poor defensive team, people act like they don't have to guard the best 1-2 punch in the NBA.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
hype wrote:
Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That's not how things work in the world. You can't just turn the switch on and expect the Lakers to perform in the playoffs.

The last 8 games have been very very concerning; stats dont lie we are dead last in offense. You can't compete in today's NBA without executing offensively

They're fine.. Not remotely bad enough to lose to the Blazers for sure. We'll find out soon enough. It is how things in the world work though when you have a veteran team that already has the 1 seed locked up along with 2 players that are both better then 1 player on fire for the Blazers.

They also competed very well against the Clippers team who many are claiming to be the best in the West or does that not really count?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ksig wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Nice try tough

Nice try? What am i trying? I just have real concerns about our pedestrian offense (namely shooting) matching up with a blazers team that is one of the best shooting teams in the nba.

Bron is going to abuse Dame on every possession by putting him in P&R. Who is defending LeBron on the blazers?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

GTFOH!

Don’t waste any energy on this dude Bro.
Checked his post history awhile back and I’m convinced he’s a troll account and a certified Toronto Raptors/Super Canada fan.

-He’s literally posted that Canadians are smarter than all Americans in the Covid 19 thread.

-All his game thread posts are straight up bashing the Lakers at any chance he gets. While admitting he’s proud he makes the QFOS every game.

Not that I’m against being objective towards our Lakers when the going gets tough but this guy couldn’t be anymore obvious with his direction.
Check his post history there is nothing positive.

Don’t get fooled when he says “We” , “US”, or “Our Squad” in some of his posts. He ain’t no real Lakers fan
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ITS PLAYOFFS TIME - FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE RELEASED

Per NBA.com

When do the 2020 NBA Playoffs begin?
The 2020 NBA Playoffs first round schedule has been released and is listed below. The playoffs will begin on Aug. 17. 

When is the Play-In Game?
ABC will air the NBA’s Western Conference Play-In game Saturday, Aug. 15 at 2:30 ET. The Western Conference eighth and ninth seeded teams will battle it out for a chance to play in the 2020 Western Conference Playoffs. If the eighth seed team wins Saturday’s matchup, that team will advance to the playoffs. If the ninth seed wins, a second game will be played on ESPN Sunday, Aug. 16 beginning at 4:30 ET. 

2020 NBA Western Conference First Round

(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (8) Play-In Winner

Game 1: Tue, Aug 18 Play-In Winner at Los Angeles, 9 ET, TNT

Game 2:Thu, Aug 20 Play-In Winner at Los Angeles, 9 ET, ESPN

Game 3: Sat, Aug 22 Los Angeles at Play-In Winner, 8:30 ET, ABC

Game 4: Mon, Aug 24 Los Angeles at Play-In Winner, 9 ET, TNT

Game 5*:Wed, Aug 26 Play-In Winner at Los Angeles, TBD, TBD

Game 6*:Fri, Aug 28 Los Angeles at Play-In Winner, TBD, TBD

Game 7*:Sun, Aug 30 Play-In Winner at Los Angeles, TBD, TBD

Read the rest at the link - https://www.nba.com/playoffs/2020/westseries0
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I want to believe we can handle Portland in 4-5, but I'm not seeing it.

Lillard is out there playing like 2016 Curry and they've got solid 2nd and 3rd options in CJ and Nurkic.

Can they defend us? No, but all it takes is a few 3s dropping and they've got a punchers chance. I think we take them down in 6, and it'll be more like a hard fought second round series than a typical 1-8 matchup. It will be good experience before facing even tougher opponents though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 34 of 276
Jump to: