2020 NBA Season Restart /NON LAKER RESTART GAMES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 274, 275, 276  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

sean wrote:
Which coaches aren't coming?

Vogel declined to state

Per Goon

Frank Vogel says the Lakers will bring 17 players to the Orlando campus, and there's an emphasis on medical personnel to make sure there's enough support for the players. He alluded that this will leave the Lakers shorthanded on coaches, but didn't say who will be excluded.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1278776471054512128?s=21

However they may join later

Frank Vogel adds that he's looking forward to adding staff to the Orlando campus as long as the Lakers keep advancing through the postseason.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1278776640479170560?s=21

No, that doesn’t make sense with the bubble, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Nothing Definitive on Dwight
I’m playing catch-up. I worked today and got several Critical Errors on the board today 🤨

Per Moreno

Rob Pelinka says Lakers have been "working very closely" with Dwight Howard. He didn't give notice of opting out, so team is hopeful Howard will be on roster in Orlando.

https://twitter.com/mmoreno1015/status/1278058100486893568?s=21

Per Goon

Rob Pelinka says Dwight Howard has not opted out of the Orlando restart, but says helping him figure out his issues with his son whose mother died during the quarantine is still ongoing. Says he's hopeful that Dwight will be with the team next month when the season resumes.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1278058234071248897?s=21

Note: Decisions have to be made tomorrow.

I had no idea the mother of one of Dwight's kids died in May. If opts out to stay with the kid, I'll respect that.

Yeah, you can't knock a father for staying with their kid after their mother dies. That probably tops the list of "when your kid needs you" moments.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Defensive Coordinator Down

Per Goon

Can confirm the Yahoo report that Lionel Hollins will not travel to Orlando due to underlying health issues that made him considered a higher risk candidate. He’ll work remotely.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1279164912074293248?s=21

Per McTen

Lakers assistant Lionel Hollins was deemed a higher-risk individual due to underlying medical conditions, a league source told ESPN. He will not be present in Orlando but will continue to be an essential member of the team and participate on coach Frank Vogel’s staff remotely.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1279162628409982976?s=21

When Sean asked yesterday which coaches were out, Hollins came to my mind immediately. Definite loss for the final stretch run...

Last edited by TDRock on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Musings from Jared Dudley

Per Goon

Jared Dudley on LeBron's mentality in team group chats: "Bron's a goofball. Let's be honest."

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1279136298121363456?s=21

Also called Markieff Morris, "an interesting nugget."

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1279136875458908161?s=21

Jared Dudley: "I would be lying to you if I told you everybody was completely comfortable … I think everybody knows it’s a risk."

But adds that players he's talked to are comforted by the presence of medical staff and the protocols to help safety.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1279138488332345345?s=21

Per Sanford

Jared Dudley on Dwight Howard:

“We hope Dwight comes, we need Dwight ... There is still hope, there is still a chance. We hope to see him down there.”

https://twitter.com/harrisonsanford/status/1279140033895653376?s=21
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Dwight better come! He could have easily let us know earlier and we could have replaced him. Now, if he don’t come, we just a$$ed out!
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I really don't understand how two or three positives got the league suspended but they can resume with more than 15 positive results.

The NBA looks desperate trying to salvage a season. #Priorities
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
I really don't understand how two or three positives got the league suspended but they can resume with more than 15 positive results.

simple: we thought it was the plague at the time (justifly so since it was new) but cdc and other studies in the past few weeks (one particular one by Stanford) has lowered the IFR to .26 and at around .04 under 70
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

simple: we thought it was the plague at the time (justifly so since it was new) but cdc and other studies in the past few weeks (one particular one by Stanford) has lowered the IFR to .26 and at around .04 under 70

That study actually said .04% (4/10,000 die under 70). But that number is the median across the globe. Not even the mean.
That study is almost 2 months old.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.13.20101253v2

In the US the death rate is actually 4.5% 132,101 deaths from 2,890,588 cases so far. And it's likely we pass 200,000 by years end.
Plus keep in mind death rates trail the currently infected by around 2 weeks. So in hot spots like Orlando. Where the governor refuses to take this seriously, things can get really bad really quickly when the ICU's fill up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

I think that you do understand
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

It comes down to money. If they don't finish the season I believe the owners will have a stronger position to renegotiate salaries.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

It comes down to money. If they don't finish the season I believe the owners will have a stronger position to renegotiate salaries.

I used to think this was a desperation money grab, but seeing where we are this virus is here to stay.

No league is going to shutdown for 1.5+ seasons. Not the NBA, not NFL, not any of the major European soccer leagues.

Life must go on, albeit working around this virus as cautiously as one can without just living under a rock or staying quarantined at home for 2 years.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I used to think this was a desperation money grab, but seeing where we are this virus is here to stay.

No league is going to shutdown for 1.5+ seasons. Not the NBA, not NFL, not any of the major European soccer leagues.

Life must go on, albeit working around this virus as cautiously as one can without just living under a rock or staying quarantined at home for 2 years.

The problem isn't necessarily starting the league back up. It's starting it back up in a country with one of the worst COVID infection responses. Inside a state with the worst COVID infection response within that country. Inside a city which is a hotspot.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The problem isn't necessarily starting the league back up. It's starting it back up in a country with one of the worst COVID infection responses. Inside a state with the worst COVID infection response within that country. Inside a city which is a hotspot.

No argument from me in that respect. It’s been an incompetent (bleep) show in certain regions of the US of A.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Scrimmage Schedule

Swiping from another thread cos I’m out of town right now...

joeblow wrote:
Here's the season restart scrimmage schedule for our Lakers (PST):

July 23 (Thurs.): vs. Mavs @4PM
July 25 (Sat.): vs. Magic @9AM
July 27 (Mon.): vs. Wizards @11AM

Thank you sir

Added by me Per NBA.com

The NBA has released its scrimmage schedule in advance of the 2019-20 Season Restart at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. All 22 teams participating will play three scrimmages before the restart officially tips off on July 30. Potential broadcast details will be determined at a later date. 

All times are Eastern Standard.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/07/04/nba-releases-restart-scrimmage-schedule
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: The NBA has informed teams that a player will not be allowed to travel with team to Orlando if he misses coronavirus test on one of two days before travel date (July 7-9). Player would then have to register three consecutive negative tests before traveling.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1279553405845987330?s=21
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

That study actually said .04% (4/10,000 die under 70). But that number is the median across the globe. Not even the mean.
That study is almost 2 months old.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.13.20101253v2

In the US the death rate is actually 4.5% 132,101 deaths from 2,890,588 cases so far. And it's likely we pass 200,000 by years end.
Plus keep in mind death rates trail the currently infected by around 2 weeks. So in hot spots like Orlando. Where the governor refuses to take this seriously, things can get really bad really quickly when the ICU's fill up.

yeah its across the globe but I'd rather use the IFR rather than the CFR as we know that there are many more undetected cases. The IFR for the US would probably represent the CDC's numbers of .26 or close. and you're right that its from May but he's still standing by his study which at the time was the peak of deaths in the US I believe

"Dr. Ioannidis: 0.05% to 1% is a reasonable range for what the data tell us now for the infection fatality rate, with a median of about 0.25%. The death rate in a given country depends a lot on the age-structure, who are the people infected, and how they are managed. For people younger than 45, the infection fatality rate is almost 0%. For 45 to 70, it is probably about 0.05-0.3%. For those above 70, it escalates substantially, to 1% or higher for those over 85. For frail, debilitated elderly people with multiple health problems who are infected in nursing homes, it can go up to 25% during major outbreaks in these facilities."

more in the article that has good info

https://usa.greekreporter.com/2020/06/27/up-to-300-million-people-may-be-infected-by-covid-19-stanford-guru-john-ioannidis-says

the good thing is that the deaths have been going down for 10 straight weeks or so https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/covid-19-close-losing-its-epidemic-status-us-according-cdc

and all deaths up until week 23 for the previous 5 years including covid/flu/influenza/cancer etc are about the same according to CDC

2014 1204445
2015 1283667
2016 1261873
2017 1305907
2018 1326415
2019 1304028
2020 1382186

https://preview.redd.it/pf96dof6ol751.png?width=644&format=png&auto=webp&s=02cb34dbaeb72e0f0020f26233a1c8a0e5010e53

maybe there was a peak in deaths for 2020 around of the covid peak and since then deaths have gone substantially down so we're at around the average now.

The signs are looking good unless we have a dramatic change in events with a 2nd wave but this could be like all other corona viruses which peaked and then got less virulent as time went on. I really dont think cases are a cause for concern if hospitalizations and deaths are low.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

I do believe that it is a money grab and I agree with everything else you posted. I have been on my own money grab ever since this virus hit, as have others. It shouldn’t be seen as a negative, we cannot hide for years.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

I do believe that it is a money grab and I agree with everything else you posted. I have been on my own money grab ever since this virus hit, as have others. It shouldn’t be seen as a negative, we cannot hide for years.

The difference is these guys are all multimillionaires. They could all retire now if they wanted to. They don't live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of the country.

The whole idea of 'life must go on, we must work around the virus' shouldn't apply to multimillionaire athletes. Honestly I would say about half of these guys IMO would rather not play. I know Dwight doesn't want to play but probably will due to peer pressure. If he wanted to play he would have already come out and say so.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

99 prevent chance the NFL season does not finish
50 percent chance the NBA season does not finish
25 percent chance MLB season does not finish

I did extensive research to come to these predictions

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
The whole idea of 'life must go on, we must work around the virus' shouldn't apply to multimillionaire athletes.

Man you are hanging on so hard for a cancelled season. Most of these guys are bored out of their minds and want to live their life. It’s no different than the rest of the human race.

These guys aren’t going to want to sit for a year or longer. That applies to the superstars and to the lesser compensated players.

The bottom line is no one wants to sit quarantined at home for a long period of time, that’s why a few players (God knows how many parties skinny Jokic went to) have tested positive. It’s why some of the population has already snapped.

Whether you don’t want them to play or do, life will go on for all these players, coaches and other personnel. That’s just life...for all humans.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

"Dr. Ioannidis: 0.05% to 1% is a reasonable range for what the data tell us now for the infection fatality rate, with a median of about 0.25%. The death rate in a given country depends a lot on the age-structure, who are the people infected, and how they are managed. For people younger than 45, the infection fatality rate is almost 0%. For 45 to 70, it is probably about 0.05-0.3%. For those above 70, it escalates substantially, to 1% or higher for those over 85. For frail, debilitated elderly people with multiple health problems who are infected in nursing homes, it can go up to 25% during major outbreaks in these facilities."

The numbers you're saying and the numbers on Worldometers don't match up.
Your guy is saying 1% and lower (depending on the age bracket). The body bags are saying 4.5% in the US.

Just for reference. More than .04% (his original median) have already died in America, if you're counting the whole population (infected or not).
The US has approximately 328.2 million people in it. .04% of that is 131,280 people. 132,318 people have already died by Covid.

There are alot of other countries who fall MUCH closer to his numbers . NZ went days. Nearly weeks without infections let alone deaths. But we screwed it up here. And Florida's governor might be the virus's best friend in terms of elected officials. It's either him or leaders in Brazil.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The numbers you're saying and the numbers on Worldometers don't match up.
Your guy is saying 1% and lower (depending on the age bracket). The body bags are saying 4.5% in the US.

Just for reference. More than .04% (his original median) have already died in America, if you're counting the whole population (infected or not).
The US has approximately 328.2 million people in it. .04% of that is 131,280 people. 132,318 people have already died by Covid.

There are alot of other countries who fall MUCH closer to his numbers . NZ went days. Nearly weeks without infections let alone deaths. But we screwed it up here. And Florida's governor might be the virus's best friend in terms of elected officials. It's either him or leaders in Brazil.

not really, I believe you got it wrong and think he's saying .04 IFR for the entire population regardless of age?

he's saying .25 (and he does write it varies for different regions) while the cdc is saying .26 OVERALL. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYo1UAAXsAIFcK-?format=jpg&name=900x900 The .04 was under 70 years old, and its been reported over 40 percent of the deaths have occurred in nursing homes where their population tends to be much higher than 70.

Once again, look at the IFR instead of CFR. when the flu season hits, the CDC reports numbers in IFR or at least thats whats reported and it can range from anywhere from .1 - .15... and don't get me wrong, this is a bit higher than the flu IFR but not your CFR numbers high.

here are some other studies since you referred to Ioannidis as my guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EX1VU8zWoAI0KKB?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaAoy94WsAEFhjo?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZ4Cgl7UMAA2vGA?format=jpg&name=small
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:50 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Netherlands
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Spain

Nnamdi21 wrote:

Europe ... somewhere. Can't find an address.

I'm talking about what has literally happened in the USA. 4.5% of the cases have resulted in deaths.
132,318 deaths/2,935,982 cases = .045 = 4.5%

Do you dispute that?

I appreciate studies. But I'm literally counting the body bags in the US. Deaths/infections and telling you the numbers.

Outside of the US, there are lower numbers. But outside the US isn't applicable to the NBA restarting the season in Orlando, Florida. A hot spot city, in a hot spot state, in a hot spot country.

If it's below 1% in the USA for infected people under 70. I'll happily agree with you. That would be new info I haven't seen.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Netherlands
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Spain

Nnamdi21 wrote:

Europe ... somewhere. Can't find an address.

I'm talking about what has literally happened in the USA. 4.5% of the cases have resulted in deaths.
132,318 deaths/2,935,982 cases = .045 = 4.5%

Do you dispute that?

I appreciate studies. But I'm literally counting the body bags in the US. Deaths/infections and telling you the numbers.

Outside of the US, there are lower numbers. But outside the US isn't applicable to the NBA restarting the season in Orlando, Florida. A hot spot city, in a hot spot state, in a hot spot country.

If it's below 1% in the USA for infected people under 70. I'll happily agree with you. That would be new info I haven't seen.

once again you refuse to read the IFR numbers. .26 as listed here and you can find these numbers on the cdc website https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYo1UAAXsAIFcK-?format=jpg&name=900x900

This was obviously done when they had 96,000 deaths listed (a month ago) but with more infections being reported it has most likely remained on a lower or similar path, These are real numbers. It's exactly the way we rely on data how the influenza or the seasonal flu kills each year reported by the CDC. if you think there are 0 asymptomatic cases in the US for covid then thats your own belief and I can't help you there.

multiple studies have been done on how a majority of the covid positive cases have been asymptomatic and therefore there many more unreported cases that went undetected. That is why CDC is reporting 35% asymptomatic cases throughout the US population in their study.

As for Florida, I cant say but when death rates and hospitalizations start going up, then its time to panic. it also helps that the NBA league will be in a bubble so thats a little assuring.but I do think they will get some cases with other workers coming in and out of that bubble.

Last edited by Nnamdi21 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject:

Pretty groundbreaking data on COVID19 and vitamin D: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200507121353.htm

Augmenting the immune system with the proper nutritional components seems to play a huge role in preventing complications. Wish the media and NBA would tell people to get their D levels tested, as it's probably one of the best, if not the best predictor of COVID19 mortality atm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 7 of 276
Jump to: