BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Ben Crump ( a t ) AttorneyCrump· 16h
Philadelphia cops fatally shot Walter Wallace Jr. today, firing 10+ times at him while he stood at least 10ft away. He allegedly had a knife but cops made NO attempts at de-escalating the situation in this video. They went straight to killing Wallace in front of his loved ones!

https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1320918523070337026

Video in link.
So, why even have tasers? Aren't they meant for literally this situation?

If Wallace was in his right mind (not a guarantee), it was absolutely idiotic for him to approach law enforcement with a knife.
At the same time, I wish law enforcement stopped him without killing him.

Firing 10+ illustrates no intent to capture. 10 feet is taser range. There's a common denominator, race. Unfortunately, because Wallace had a weapon nothing will happen to the officers. Victim blaming. None of the officers that discharged their weapons were Black?
you can't be serious.

Very serious. I will not engage with a troll. Have to add, though feeling I may be reprimanded, A racist troll." Have a nice day.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Edit. Wrong thread.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

What's the life expectancy (in nano seconds) of this guy if he wasn't white . . .?

NUTCASE THREATENS TO SHOOT COP
... White Suspect Flees Scene

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
What's the life expectancy (in nano seconds) of this guy if he wasn't white . . .?

.1 nano

It's a damn shame. Why people won't believe Blacks are treated differently by LEO is unfathomable. A Black man would have been shot immediately. Not once, not twice, not three times, at least 10 times.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Authorities in Ohio have identified a long-time Franklin County Sheriff's deputy as the law enforcement officer who shot and killed a Black man in Columbus last Friday.

Reporter Paige Pfleger of member station WOSU reported Monday that Goodson's concealed carry license was current, according to documentation provided by family attorneys.

My brother literally walked across the yard, walked into the back fence to get to the side door, had his subway [sandwich] and mask in one hand keys in the other, UNLOCKED AND OPENED THE DOOR and stepped in the house before" he was shot, Harper wrote.

In a statement, Walton + Brown, the law firm representing Goodson's family, said the shooting was witnessed by Goodson's 72-year-old grandmother and two toddlers. The firm said Goodson was returning home from a dentist appointment.

"Everything about him was about abiding by the law and in terms of having a gun, he was licensed to do so,"

Heather Johnson, a friend of the Goodson family, who also spoke with The Columbus Dispatch, said he had no criminal history and described him as a family man.

"Casey was 23 years old, he never had any type of crimes. He was good, he worked at the Gap, he loved his family," Johnson told the paper. "He just enjoyed being a big brother and enjoyed being with his family, he loved them very much."

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/07/943829901/police-in-ohio-say-slain-black-man-brandished-a-gun-family-says-he-held-a-sandwi
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

The Jacob Blake news with no officer being charged... smh
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

The timing on it, too.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Shameful and disgraceful message our country is sending about how our justice system works here in America. When people talk about systemic racism, here is a perfect example.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Shameful and disgraceful message our country is sending about how our justice system works here in America. When people talk about systemic racism, here is a perfect example.
AMEN!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

AMEN!

The storming of the Capital is a blatant example of a double standard being applied. If the stormers had been people of color there would have been blood.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pio2u wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

AMEN!

The storming of the Capital is a blatant example of a double standard being applied. If the stormers had been people of color there would have been blood.
LOT'S of it
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

In other news:
Alabama tore Ohio State out the frame.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Cameron's a Republican. This petition will be handled by Republicans. Something not in his favor, he's Black.

Three Breonna Taylor grand jurors file petition to impeach Attorney General Daniel Cameron

LINK

Quote:
Even though Glogower said he and the jurors discussed the long odds of success the petition may have, he said the process will give them another chance to speak publicly about the Taylor deliberations.

Quote:
House Speaker David Osborne said in a statement that he will "reserve further comment until our attorneys review it and the committee on committees has an opportunity to act."

That panel has jurisdiction over referring the petitions to the impeachment committee.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Not much has changed. Handcuffed facedown for 2 hours on concrete. Report the car was stolen is the oldest BS reason on the planet. It's been used since the days of Wyatt Earp. Enter Benjamin Crump.

Family speaks out after video shows Colorado police handcuff kids during traffic stop

LINK
Quote:

Colorado's Aurora Police Department has opened an internal investigation after several children were handcuffed at gunpoint during a weekend traffic stop. Police said officers detained a family, a driver and multiple children, after a vehicle was mistakenly identified as stolen Sunday morning. KUSA's Katie Eastman reports.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Rittenhouse violates bond

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutors-request-arrest-warrant-kyle-rittenhouse-after-he-allegedly-violates-n1256667

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:44 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Rittenhouse violates bond

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutors-request-arrest-warrant-kyle-rittenhouse-after-he-allegedly-violates-n1256667

Ricky Schroder is a dick now, too. Another 80s sorta-celeb turns Trumper.

Schroder and Lindell, silver spoons together.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

Chachi Arcola is a douche, too.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

.1 nano

It's a damn shame. Why people won't believe Blacks are treated differently by LEO is unfathomable. A Black man would have been shot immediately. Not once, not twice, not three times, at least 10 times.

I believe this is something that is deep rooted in our psychology. Even black people will be more cautious around darker complexions. I've seen it, felt it, and had it explained to me various times. Evil is dark, good is light, "light beings", "dark entities", polarity in itself.

With these terms and beliefs of course it is believable. I think even a "lighter" complected black cop would be more inclined to use excessive force against a darker complected suspect.

My best friend is half black and white. He grew up fearful of his father. His father was dark as night. His father never harmed him, but he did abuse his older brothers and his mother, he was the baby.
He abused drugs terribly and died long before his time. Actually left his son a huge pension because he did work his butt off.
My friend tells me all the time how he was a "BIG, BlACK, SCARY MF**"... In his own words.

I do just want to be real about something though we are different. Everyone is, I know we like to say we are all the same, but we are not. There is major differences in race biology. I don't think it is as easy as we try to make it out to be. We can falsley advertise interracial couples on every tv station, radio etc when the fact of the matter is predominantly most of the world population dates within their race. We like to promote the lesser of society and are starting to neglect the dominant's wants and needs. A homosexual brain is not having the same thoughts as a heterosexual. We just need more balance with everything.

This is why I dislike when people intertwine race and sexual preference, ya'll not in the same boat lol. There are tons of openly gay people in power compared to the population. I mean it's known Hollywood is owned by homosexuals. And that's okay, I'm not butt hurt about it...no pun intended lol.

But in the aspect of say black people are most of the population and with how many people are in power, there is something not right there.

I'm just trying not to take life too seriously, and to see things from as many perspectives as possible. Could go on for days.... didn't mean to be offensive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

.1 nano

I believe this is something that is deep rooted in our psychology. Even black people will be more cautious around darker complexions. I've seen it, felt it, and had it explained to me various times. Evil is dark, good is light, "light beings", "dark entities", polarity in itself.

With these terms and beliefs of course it is believable. I think even a "lighter" complected black cop would be more inclined to use excessive force against a darker complected suspect.

My best friend is half black and white. He grew up fearful of his father. His father was dark as night. His father never harmed him, but he did abuse his older brothers and his mother, he was the baby.
He abused drugs terribly and died long before his time. Actually left his son a huge pension because he did work his butt off.
My friend tells me all the time how he was a "BIG, BlACK, SCARY MF**"... In his own words.

I do just want to be real about something though we are different. Everyone is, I know we like to say we are all the same, but we are not. There is major differences in race biology. I don't think it is as easy as we try to make it out to be. We can falsley advertise interracial couples on every tv station, radio etc when the fact of the matter is predominantly most of the world population dates within their race. We like to promote the lesser of society and are starting to neglect the dominant's wants and needs. A homosexual brain is not having the same thoughts as a heterosexual. We just need more balance with everything.

This is why I dislike when people intertwine race and sexual preference, ya'll not in the same boat lol. There are tons of openly gay people in power compared to the population. I mean it's known Hollywood is owned by homosexuals. And that's okay, I'm not butt hurt about it...no pun intended lol.

But in the aspect of say black people are most of the population and with how many people are in power, there is something not right there.

I'm just trying not to take life too seriously, and to see things from as many perspectives as possible. Could go on for days.... didn't mean to be offensive.

That bloviated soliloquy on psychology is suspect and it doesn't answer the question DMR's post asked. Is this an opinion? If not show documentation. I call BS.
Quote:

Cops shoot Black people quicker than they do White people.

Side note: Though it hasn't risen to the same level the attack on Asian Americans has me concerned. I blame this on the Trump administration for blaming and renaming the pandemic on China.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Newly released body camera footage shows two Maryland police officers handcuffing and berating a 5-year-old boy who had allegedly left school without permission.

The Montgomery County Police Department released the video on Friday. It was recorded in January 2020 and contains disturbing content.

"I watched in horror as what can only be described as a nightmare unfolded for nearly an hour," Montgomery County Council member Will Jawando said in a tweeted statement. "It made me sick."

The video begins after police find the boy, who is not identified, on what appears to be a residential street in southern Maryland near the Washington border.

"
Quote:
Listen to me. How old are?" an unidentified officer asks the boy.

"Five," the child responds.

"Five? You feel like you can make your own decisions?" the police officer asks. "You feel like you can do what you want?"

The child becomes agitated shortly after and begins to cry and scream. Police walk the boy to the back of the patrol car and the yelling continues.

"You better stop," police say to the boy.

As the 50-minute video unfolds, the interactions between law enforcement officers and the child escalate. The boy sobs and appears inconsolable as officers repeatedly tell him that he is "bad" and should be beaten.

5 Year Old Handcuffed
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Newly released body camera footage shows two Maryland police officers handcuffing and berating a 5-year-old boy who had allegedly left school without permission.

The Montgomery County Police Department released the video on Friday. It was recorded in January 2020 and contains disturbing content.

"I watched in horror as what can only be described as a nightmare unfolded for nearly an hour," Montgomery County Council member Will Jawando said in a tweeted statement. "It made me sick."

The video begins after police find the boy, who is not identified, on what appears to be a residential street in southern Maryland near the Washington border.

"
Quote:

"Five? You feel like you can make your own decisions?" the police officer asks. "You feel like you can do what you want?"

The child becomes agitated shortly after and begins to cry and scream. Police walk the boy to the back of the patrol car and the yelling continues.

As the 50-minute video unfolds, the interactions between law enforcement officers and the child escalate. The boy sobs and appears inconsolable as officers repeatedly tell him that he is "bad" and should be beaten.

One of many. This is a small sample.

[url=https://news.google.com/artic es/CAIiEGD5s54Md6ogtIBtnMtjQaMqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowvIaCCzDnxf4CMN2F8gU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen]5 Year Old Handcuffed[/url]

One of many LINK /// LINK /// LINK

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I know why the subject heading was changed to Jacob Blake, but given that the trial of Chauvin is now in progress, maybe the mods can change the heading back to George Floyd since his murder was the one that inspired the thread?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

"
Quote:

5 Year Old Handcuffed

As much as we have a problem with systemic racism and mistreating non-white people, we also have a problem in our society with mistreating kids.

Even in 2021, there are still many people who believe that corporal punishment is the best way to discipline kids. As bad as spanking is, I don't even mean that, I'm talking more about actually hitting kids or beating them up.

Just about any competent child psychologist will tell you that corporal punishment, whether it's mere spanking or violently hitting kids, doesn't work and really harms the kid long-term. It's straight up child abuse.

And I haven't even mentioned emotional child abuse, which can constitute things like telling a child that he/she is "bad", an "animal", "stupid," etc.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/la-police-video-black-man-b1828225.html
police stop and arrest black man while taking out trash
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

Not siding with pepper spraying. IMO Lieutenant Nazario could have avoided being sprayed if he'd done what he was asked in the beginning.

I understand why he didn't stop in a dark secluded area. When he did reach the gas station when asked to get out of the car, he should have.

The tone of the police officers is what they do. Training in that area should be addressed.

Virginia police officer fired after Black Army lieutenant is pepper-sprayed and handcuffed during traffic stop

LINK

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 67 of 76
Jump to: