BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

I'll preface by saying I have no idea what the actual charges should be, I have no knowledge of Wisc law.

I don't think Rittenhouse went to Kenosha with a plan to shoot it up and kill people like the Boogaloo guy who went intentionally to kill cops in CA. I think he was a punk wanna-be cop who thought he would go and be a big bad ass and "protect" property and walk around with his gun and his militia buddies showing off. He was gonna be one of the "good guys" and protect 'Merica from all these libs looting our cities kinda crap after being essentially radicalized on social media.

Reports are Rosenbaum threw an empty plastic bag at him, and was yelling at him. No doubt he was acting stupid too but he didn't have a weapon. When (if) the guy grabbed for his gun the kid got scared and fired off multiple rounds. Just like a trigger happy cop, he felt threatened and opened fire on an unarmed person. Rosenbaum was hit multiple times including in the back. Dumb to be grabbing at a gun but we don't condone shooting people for being dumb.

Then Rittenhouse called a friend to report he thought he just killed someone, he didn't call 911. He ran away from the scene and was chased by more people. People trying to stop him, shouting he shot someone and others maybe just caught up in a mob. He didn't fire at them until he stumbled. He wanted his mommy by that point, way in over his head. Looks like he raised his hands and tried to surrender to the cops for protection after that but they ignored him. So he ran on home. He no doubt shot out of fear but it was a situation he created. Dumbass 17 year-old armed with a AR-15 going into a volatile situation is just asking for bad things to happen. And the fact that apparently his mom drove him there from Illinois proves being stupid runs in that family.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
I'll preface by saying I have no idea what the actual charges should be, I have no knowledge of Wisc law.

I don't think Rittenhouse went to Kenosha with a plan to shoot it up and kill people like the Boogaloo guy who went intentionally to kill cops in CA. I think he was a punk wanna-be cop who thought he would go and be a big bad ass and "protect" property and walk around with his gun and his militia buddies showing off. He was gonna be one of the "good guys" and protect 'Merica from all these libs looting our cities kinda crap after being essentially radicalized on social media.

Reports are Rosenbaum threw an empty plastic bag at him, and was yelling at him. No doubt he was acting stupid too but he didn't have a weapon. When (if) the guy grabbed for his gun the kid got scared and fired off multiple rounds. Just like a trigger happy cop, he felt threatened and opened fire on an unarmed person. Rosenbaum was hit multiple times including in the back. Dumb to be grabbing at a gun but we don't condone shooting people for being dumb.

Then Rittenhouse called a friend to report he thought he just killed someone, he didn't call 911. He ran away from the scene and was chased by more people. People trying to stop him, shouting he shot someone and others maybe just caught up in a mob. He didn't fire at them until he stumbled. He wanted his mommy by that point, way in over his head. Looks like he raised his hands and tried to surrender to the cops for protection after that but they ignored him. So he ran on home. He no doubt shot out of fear but it was a situation he created. Dumbass 17 year-old armed with a AR-15 going into a volatile situation is just asking for bad things to happen. And the fact that apparently his mom drove him there from Illinois proves being stupid runs in that family.

The kid was apparently going around asking protestors if they needed medical attention before the shooting. I don't know if he was trying to bait people or if in his mind he was actually trying to "help" despite being useless and threatening.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
SweetP wrote:

The kid was apparently going around asking protestors if they needed medical attention before the shooting. I don't know if he was trying to bait people or if in his mind he was actually trying to "help" despite being useless and threatening.

I saw a video clip of him saying he had his medical kit with him. So if he wanted to actually help, don't bring an AR-15. He was photographed cleaning off graffiti, good for him. Walk around offering others water or medical care, good for him. But not with an AR-15 slung over your shoulder.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

Guns don't kill people.

Stupid/violent people (with guns) kill people.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
SweetP wrote:

I saw a video clip of him saying he had his medical kit with him. So if he wanted to actually help, don't bring an AR-15. He was photographed cleaning off graffiti, good for him. Walk around offering others water or medical care, good for him. But not with an AR-15 slung over your shoulder.

I'm buying your scenario more. I wonder what intel prosecutors have to charge him with 1st rather than 2nd, though.

The kid's lawyer, John Pierce, is a real piece of work who has defended Guiliani and Carter Page in the past and is going to push for self-defense in the case while Rittenhouse becomes a right wing martyr.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

If you don't want to shoot someone , you remove the bullets.

Do assault weapons come with safety lock?

Last edited by easybreeze on Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
WISCONSIN
Published 8 hours ago

Kenosha police union gives its account of Jacob Blake shooting

A 20-second video shot by a bystander doesn’t show what led up to the shooting and Wisconsin authorities have given few details

The Kenosha, Wis., police union issued a statement Friday on the police shooting of Jacob Blake, an incident last Sunday that sparked protests and rioting in the city this week that led to at least two deaths.

Authorities have said Blake, 29, was shot in the back seven times by Kenosha police Officer Rusten Sheskey while being taken into custody. On Friday he remained paralyzed in a Kenosha hospital.

Video of the incident shot by a bystander set off violent nightly protests -- including Tuesday night's unrest, in which a 17-year-old from Illinois allegedly fatally shot two people and wounded a third.

In Sunday's incident, Blake was "armed with a knife" and "forcefully fought" with officers, putting one of them in a headlock, Brendan Matthews, an attorney for the Kenosha Professional Police Association, said Friday, according to Kenosha News.

State investigators, however, said Blake had a knife "in his possession," and it was later recovered from the floorboard of his vehicle, FOX 6 of Milwaukee reported.

“The purely fictional depiction of events coming from those without direct knowledge of what actually occurred is incredibly harmful, and provides no benefit to anyone whatsoever, other than to perpetuate a misleading narrative,” Matthews stated.

“Mr. Blake was not unarmed. He was armed with a knife. The officers did not see the knife initially. The officers issued repeated commands for Mr. Blake to drop the knife. He did not comply.”

The 20-second video shot by a bystander doesn’t show what led up to the shooting and Wisconsin authorities have given few details.

Blake's uncle reportedly called the police union's account "garbage" and insulting."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Fox
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Quote:
WISCONSIN
Published 8 hours ago

Kenosha police union gives its account of Jacob Blake shooting

A 20-second video shot by a bystander doesn’t show what led up to the shooting and Wisconsin authorities have given few details

The Kenosha, Wis., police union issued a statement Friday on the police shooting of Jacob Blake, an incident last Sunday that sparked protests and rioting in the city this week that led to at least two deaths.

Authorities have said Blake, 29, was shot in the back seven times by Kenosha police Officer Rusten Sheskey while being taken into custody. On Friday he remained paralyzed in a Kenosha hospital.

Video of the incident shot by a bystander set off violent nightly protests -- including Tuesday night's unrest, in which a 17-year-old from Illinois allegedly fatally shot two people and wounded a third.

In Sunday's incident, Blake was "armed with a knife" and "forcefully fought" with officers, putting one of them in a headlock, Brendan Matthews, an attorney for the Kenosha Professional Police Association, said Friday, according to Kenosha News.

State investigators, however, said Blake had a knife "in his possession," and it was later recovered from the floorboard of his vehicle, FOX 6 of Milwaukee reported.

“The purely fictional depiction of events coming from those without direct knowledge of what actually occurred is incredibly harmful, and provides no benefit to anyone whatsoever, other than to perpetuate a misleading narrative,” Matthews stated.

“Mr. Blake was not unarmed. He was armed with a knife. The officers did not see the knife initially. The officers issued repeated commands for Mr. Blake to drop the knife. He did not comply.”

The 20-second video shot by a bystander doesn’t show what led up to the shooting and Wisconsin authorities have given few details.

Blake's uncle reportedly called the police union's account "garbage" and insulting."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Fox

Pigs lie to protect their own.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

Maybe it's because I don't live in an "open carry" state but seeing these people (mostly white males) walking around with AR-15 type guns is extremely jarring.

The armed white militia types going to the Mich statehouse and shouting at cops, intimidating politicians because they wanted covid restrictions lifted.

The Saint Louis nut job standing barefoot on his lawn in his polo shirt and khakis pointing a rifle at BLM protesters who dared to walk in his neighborhood, while his wife barefoot in her capris waved a pistol around.

This pudgy 17 yr-old HS dropout strolling around with his backwards ball cap and an AR-15 slung over his shoulder.

These people are carrying loaded semi-automatic weapons, often with their fingers on the trigger, into volatile public situations. It's insane.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Maybe it's because I don't live in an "open carry" state but seeing these people (mostly white males) walking around with AR-15 type guns is extremely jarring.

The armed white militia types going to the Mich statehouse and shouting at cops, intimidating politicians because they wanted covid restrictions lifted.

The Saint Louis nut job standing barefoot on his lawn in his polo shirt and khakis pointing a rifle at BLM protesters who dared to walk in his neighborhood, while his wife barefoot in her capris waved a pistol around.

This pudgy 17 yr-old HS dropout strolling around with his backwards ball cap and an AR-15 slung over his shoulder.

These people are carrying loaded semi-automatic weapons, often with their fingers on the trigger, into volatile public situations. It's insane.

I assume White Privilege affords them the ability to strut around with their big guns and tiny brains.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
SweetP wrote:

I assume White Privilege affords them the ability to strut around with their big guns and tiny brains.

The Black Gun Owners Association has clubs that will hold marches with open carry.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
White Vigilantes Have Always Had A Friend In Police
New data shows that far-right vigilantes, often with support from cops, have threatened protesters nearly 500 times since police killed George Floyd.

Quote:
White vigilantes and far-right actors have shown up to oppose Black Lives Matter protests in the U.S. at least 497 times this year, according to data collected by Alexander Reid Ross, a doctoral fellow at the Center for Analysis of the Radical Right. He started gathering data on May 27, two days after police in Minneapolis killed George Floyd, and continued through this week.

The dataset, which Ross shared with HuffPost, documents a staggering amount of violence directed at protesters by the far-right, including 64 cases of simple assault, 38 incidents of vigilantes driving cars into demonstrators, and nine times shots were fired at protesters.

Quote:
The Second Amendment was created specifically to arm white settlers against runaway slaves, enslaved African people, as well as to kill native people on the frontier,”

Quote:
Fast forward to the Reconstruction Era after the Civil War, Estes said, and you see the emergence of the Ku Klux Klan, a white vigilante group that used the Second Amendment to terrorize Black Americans. Decades later, during the Jim Crow era, armed citizens often attacked Black Americans in Sundown Towns — referring to all-white municipalities or neighborhoods across the country — with little to no recourse from law enforcement.

Quote:
And look at the violence in “border towns” — white majority settlements ringing Native American reservations — where white vigilantes have maimed and murdered Indigenous peoples for generations. Law enforcement has often looked the other way.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white-vigilantes-kenosha_n_5f4822bcc5b6cf66b2b5103e
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Based on these articles and videos, it appears Rittenhouse will be convicted of first degree reckless endangerment, but likely acquitted of all charges relating to murder. He endangered people by operating the weapon without a valid license, while crossing state lines (after being previously cited for driving without a license). There will be jail time. There is undoubtedly sufficient cause to try him as an adult.

Yeah, I didn't mean convicted on the full charge of murder, just that we would see time. In my mind it will always be murder because the intent was there. Based on all eyewitness accounts (such as THIS), Rittenshouse was wandering around intimidating groups of people, pointing his weapon and threatening to shoot. But I agree, ihf he serves time, it will be on lesser charges. At first I thought he might skate, but I think (hope) that is not going to happen.

If he pointed his weapon at crowds of people across the streets, that's assault with a deadly weapon and making terrorist threats, at least in the states I'm familiar with.

A few things about that post: if we have video of almost every awful event that night, and militia members were pointing guns at peaceful people while cursing them, those videos should be surfacing soon. Perhaps they have already been turned over to prosecutors, that would be one explanation for the 1st degree murder charges, as such evidence would establish intent.

This part suggested there might be more to his story:

"at that very moment we should have defended ourselves and taken Kyle down. It felt like an ambush. But we still chose peace and to get away safely."

Did he have other options? Were he and his friends also armed, and if so, were their firearms in their hands or properly holstered? How did they propose to "[take] Kyle down", especially if the militia group "Aimed ALL of their guns at [them]"? Apparently he chose peace, as if there were another viable course of action for his family.

Finally, his friend undergoing surgery is mentioned. That's likely the man shot in the bicep while holding a gun, as no other major injuries were reported that night. "Within the hour, Kyle ended up killing two shortly after and injuring others, in the same manner he acted towards us."

According to the author, he and his family had already left, I don't see how he'd know the manner in which the shooter (or anyone) acted during the actual violence.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

The Black Gun Owners Association has clubs that will hold marches with open carry.

That might p!$$ off & scare Billy Bob, Bobby Joe, Billy Ray, and the others.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
And contrast with white people who actually are armed and have committed serious crimes like murder and they get taken into custody without an issue.

Dylan Roof had just killed 9 people in a church and he was taken into custody unharmed. And the cops bought him fast food on the way to jail because he was hungry.

Nikolas Cruz who shot up the high school in Parkland with an AR-15, killing 17, was taken into custody unharmed.

Virtually all of the school shooters (predominately white teen boys) are taken into custody unharmed unless they commit suicide after they kill others.

Matthew Bernard killed his mother, sister and baby nephew and was taken into custody unharmed. This guy was confronted by the police as he ran naked through his town, at one point charging at a cop chasing him, at another point grabbing a church groundskeeper by the neck.

So it is possible to take someone into custody (even if they are angry, unhinged, on something) without beating, tazing or killing them.

What do these pictures have in common?

Dylann Roof /// Nikolas Cruz /// Matthew Bernard /// Jacob Blake

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Science & Environment

Quote:
How to argue with a racist:
Five myths debunked
16 March 2020

Stereotypes and myths about race abound, but this does not make them true. Often, these are not even expressed by overt racists.

For many well-intentioned people, experience and cultural history has steered them towards views that aren't supported by human genetics. For example: the assumption that East Asian students are inherently better at maths, black people have natural rhythm, or Jews are good with money. Many of us know someone who thinks along these lines.

Dr Adam Rutherford, a geneticist and BBC presenter, says "Racism is being expressed in public more openly today than at any time I can recall, and it's our duty to contest it with facts."

Here's how to debunk five racist myths with science and facts.

MYTH 1: The DNA of white and black people is completely different
The primary pigment in human skin is melanin. It's used to protect us from the sun.

It absorbs the sun's ultra violet rays before they can destroy folate, one of the body's key vitamins.

Many genes are involved in the biochemical pathways that result in melanin production. Natural variation within these genes is the root cause of the spectrum of skin tones that humans have.

So, the biggest genetic difference within the human race is between white people and black people, right? Wrong.

Firstly, all humans share almost all the same DNA - a fact that betrays all of our recent origins from Africa.

Secondly, there is more genetic diversity on the continent of Africa than in the rest of the world put together.

Two people from different tribes in Southern Africa will be more genetically different from each other than a Sri Lankan, a Māori and a Russian.

We might categorise people as white, black or brown, but these visual variations don't accurately reflect the genetic differences - or rather similarities - between us.

MYTH 2: There is such a thing as 'racial purity'
We think of certain areas, lands or peoples as being isolated - either physically or culturally - and these boundaries as being insurmountable.

But this is neither what history, nor genetics, tell us. In fact, no nation is static.

"People have moved around the world throughout history, and had sex whenever and wherever they could," says Dr Rutherford.

Sometimes these are big moves in short times.

More often, people are largely static over a few generations - and that can feel like a geographical and cultural anchor.

"Nevertheless, every Nazi has Jewish ancestors" says Dr Rutherford, "Every white supremacist has Middle Eastern ancestors. Every racist has African, Indian, East Asian ancestors, as well as everyone else."

"Racial purity is pure fantasy. For humans, there are no pure bloods. Only mongrels enriched by the blood of multitudes," he says.

MYTH 3: 'Germany for the Germans', 'Turkey for the Turks' (and other variations)
Some people experience a lot of angst about migrants and refugees coming to their country, a phenomenon that has been experienced in many places around the world of late.

Among recent examples, the shooting rampage last month that started in a shisha bar in Hanau, Germany, was motivated by a far-right doctrine to expel or murder immigrants.

Those on the far right have long expressed anger in the form of epithets: "Germany for the Germans", "France for the French", "Turkey for the Turks" and "Italy for Italians" have all been used as anti-immigration phrases by far-right groups.

"Go back to where you came from" is an offensive phrase that resonates all over the world.

In truth, countries like Germany, France, Turkey and Italy have had immigration throughout their history. In fact, just about everywhere has.

The British Isles, for instance, have become home to migrants since they separated from the continent around 7,500 years ago.

Before the French took over in 1066, that part of the world had been invaded by Vikings, Angles, Saxons, Huns, and dozens of other smaller tribes and clans.

And even before that, the Romans ruled, which in their turn came from all over the intercontinental empire, which reached as far as sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East.

Earlier still, around 4,500 years ago Britain was populated primarily by farmers, who had migrated from Europe across what was continuous terrain between the Netherlands and East Anglia.

On the basis of DNA evidence, we think they may have been olive skinned, with dark hair and brown eyes.

And before them there were hunter-gatherers, who had even darker skin.

So, when political parties or even racists say: "France for the French", or "Italy for the Italians" and talk about "indigenous" people... who do they actually mean?

MYTH 4: A genealogy test can prove someone is 100% white
Genealogy and ancestry fascinate us - and racists in particular.

Websites like Stormfront are frequented by white nationalist, white supremacist, and anti-Semitic members who forward theories for Holocaust-denial and are obsessed with population genetics.

They use mainstream genealogy tests, like those offered by Ancestry DNA, to "prove" they are 100% white or non-Jewish.

However, the logic is flawed.

DNA can tell you some interesting things about family history - and it's very useful for identifying close family like lost siblings or biological parents - but its powers are profoundly limited by fundamental biology.

Over time, descendants start to shed the DNA of their actual ancestors, and the amount that vanishes builds up over the generations to be huge..

You carry DNA from only half of your ancestors dating eleven generations back. So it is possible that you are genetically unrelated to people you are actually descended from as recently as the 18th Century.

"You are descended from multitudes, from all around the world, from people you think you know and from more you know nothing about," says Dr Rutherford, "You will have no meaningful genetic link to many of them."

MYTH 5: Black people are better at running than white people
The last white man to compete in a 100m final at the Olympics was in 1980.

Since then, black athletes have dominated the modern era of sprinting. This has fuelled a commonly held belief that people of African descent have an advantage at the sport because of their genetic ancestry.

"Maybe there are probabilistic predictions one could make about ethnicity and sporting success based on genetics," says Dr Rutherford, "but they would be weak at best."

In actual fact, the genetics of sporting success are wickedly complex.

There are a myriad of factors in physiology of physicality, including the size of your heart, the efficiency with which you absorb oxygen, and muscular recovery, says Rutherford.

And these are relatively well understood phenomena which do have a genetic basis. But there are other physical traits (such as flexibility and co-ordination) which are less well understood.

On top of that, there's the psychological dimension: determination, concentration, and risk-taking, for example.

We do know that people who are good at explosive-energy sports tend to have a higher proportion of "fast-twitch" muscle cells, that process energy more quickly.

The genetics that underlie this involve a gene called ACTN3.

Studies have shown that elite athletes in power and strength sports are more likely to have copies of the R-type of ACTN3. The research indicates the gene occurs in a higher proportion of African Americans (96%) compared to white Americans (80%).

That does give a slight, population-wide advantage to African Americans to take place in explosive-energy sports - but it doesn't come anywhere close to explaining the difference between the number of African American sprinters and white competitors.

If it just came down to that gene, you might expect to see six black elite sprinters for every five white runners.

Adam says this is a simplistic analysis, but still a good example of how genetics don't align with racial stereotypes in sports.

This piece has been adapted from the BBC radio programme How to argue with a racist, and presented by Dr Adam Rutherford .

BBC
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

That's what happened the last time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Black gun owners plan pro-Second Amendment walk in Oklahoma City on day of Trump rally

LINK

This has been posted in short. Here's a 8:52 minute video. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Angry Staffer
@AngrierWHStaff
GOP: Jacob Blake had a criminal record, he deserved what he got.

<video surfaces of Kyle Rittenhouse beating up a girl>

GOP: Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn’t be judged by his record because he’s young.

Something stinks here but I can’t QWhite put my finger on it.

6:06 PM · Aug 29, 2020

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Angry Staffer
@AngrierWHStaff
GOP: Jacob Blake had a criminal record, he deserved what he got.

<video surfaces of Kyle Rittenhouse beating up a girl>

GOP: Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn’t be judged by his record because he’s young.

Something stinks here but I can’t QWhite put my finger on it.

6:06 PM · Aug 29, 2020

Fifty Shades of Whey
@davenewworld_2
I see your article about #KyleRittenhouse cleaning graffiti and I raise you a video of #KyleRittenhouse hitting a girl from behind

LINK

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

I get it it and it fits here, but I'm pretty sure 17 year olds of any color don't always make good decisions...
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Black gun owners plan pro-Second Amendment walk in Oklahoma City on day of Trump rally

LINK

This has been posted in short. Here's a 8:52 minute video. LINK
Mulford Act
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I get it it and it fits here, but I'm pretty sure 17 year olds of any color don't always make good decisions...

This isn't about decision making.

This is about what the white privilege brings with it, and brandishing a weapon without fear of interference from law enforcement falls in that category.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

This isn't about decision making.

This is about what the white privilege brings with it, and brandishing a weapon without fear of interference from law enforcement falls in that category.

you are labeling something white privilege that an infantile amount of white people actually do. Just do not think the description fits. Maybe its these militia's often voice their support for police which often gives them the benefit? Idk, because the "real" militia's that I recall growing up....the ones that were out in Idaho and places were often anti law enforcement, or at least that is my recollection.

I think the press is getting real loose with the "white militia" label. These guys appear to be more wannabe's. I know you recall the expansion of these militia's back in the 80's/90's....around and sometimes in response to Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc.....those guys were truly groups that you did not want to mess with as they were often involved in real federal crimes like arms trading, drugs, etc. I have a feeling if those guys were out in the streets, a lot of people would be dead including the police....they do not carry semi-auto's as they would likely have access to legit automatic weapons.

I have watched enough of this bs in recent days to know this is no longer about racism, anti or pro police, Republican or Democrat...this has became dangerous, and there are many people mixed in these crowds that are violent and have violent intentions. The streets need to be cleared and people need to be able to have peace in the streets. If not, it is going to cross a line where people begin to clear the streets and that will be a level of violence this country has not seen in a very long time....and will be a result of elected officials not doing their jobs. It is very easy for 95% of people to set back at their PC and espouse this group is right or wrong when it is not at thier doorstep. I do not want antifa or white militia's in my neighborhood and the people in Portland, Seattle, and every other city should not have to deal with these riots.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

It's not a label, White privilege is a reality. You've seen cases cited here where White men with guns have killed people and taken into custody alive. Unarmed Black men are shot and killed. That's what the protests are about.

The rioters are people taking advantage of the situation. IMO many of those rioting are Trump supporters. Peaceful protests are citizens voicing what those without a voice want to say.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 59 of 76
Jump to: