A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
One thought I just had. If Christian Cooper doesn't testify and Amy Cooper doesn't take the stand, how would the DA actually present its case?

How would they tell the story of what happened? There's only 2 people that were actually there: Christian and Amy Cooper.

I just don't know how they present their case at that point.

As I said I'm not an attorney. So I'm saying what i'd do if I were. If I were the DA I'd force Christian to cooperate. I'd subpoena him.

Which goes back to my original point. If I were Christian Cooper, I'd think again about refusing to testify.

It'd be beneficial for the black community and it'd be hard for the DA to win the case w/o his cooperation.

Your original point was you support Christian Cooper not testifying. You feel it's a slam dunk case with just the video and they didn't need Christian's testimony. Now you are saying if you were the DA, you'd subpoena him and force him to testify. You're kinda all over the place.

Conversations evolve. Rinse and repeat. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
One thought I just had. If Christian Cooper doesn't testify and Amy Cooper doesn't take the stand, how would the DA actually present its case?

How would they tell the story of what happened? There's only 2 people that were actually there: Christian and Amy Cooper.

As I said I'm not an attorney. So I'm saying what i'd do if I were. If I were the DA I'd force Christian to cooperate. I'd subpoena him.

Which goes back to my original point. If I were Christian Cooper, I'd think again about refusing to testify.

It'd be beneficial for the black community and it'd be hard for the DA to win the case w/o his cooperation.

Definitely would be. But forcing a victim to. testify against their will is rarely a good look for a DA, especially over such a relatively minor infraction in regards to the law (which is not to say there is is not an important societal issue involved).

Quote:
Your original point was you support Christian Cooper not testifying. You feel it's a slam dunk case with just the video and they didn't need Christian's testimony. Now you are saying if you were the DA, you'd subpoena him and force him to testify. You're kinda all over the place.

Par for the course with jodeke.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Definitely would be. But forcing a victim to. testify against their will is rarely a good look for a DA, especially over such a relatively minor infraction in regards to the law (which is not to say there is is not an important societal issue involved).

Quote:

I really love it when a White person notes to a Black person what's good for the Black community. Walk a mile in my shoes. Think MLK, peaceful protest.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

I really love it when a White person notes to a Black person what's good for the Black community. Walk a mile in my shoes. Think MLK, peaceful protest.

You disagree that pursuing this case successfully would be beneficial for the black community?

Then why are you arguing so vehemently for a successful out come to it?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

You disagree that pursuing this case successfully would be beneficial for the black community?

No, I think pursuing the case successfully would be beneficial. I think the DA can win without Christian as attested to by a criminal attorney.

He's a great example of how to confront racism. He doesn't have to go to court to show that. His action is the example. He didn't go off on Amy, he was polite, articulate and unafraid. Again, think MLK.

LS & LC in da house! Must be adhering to stay at home and social distancing.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

No, I think pursuing the case successfully would be beneficial. I think the DA can win without Christian as attested to by a criminal attorney. [/quote]

There's an old saying that goes, "Free legal advice is worth way you pay for it".

I'd be careful putting much weight in what one attorney, uninvolved with the case, says as a simply piece of personal opinion on the matter.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

No, I think pursuing the case successfully would be beneficial. I think the DA can win without Christian as attested to by a criminal attorney.

There's an old saying that goes, "Free legal advice is worth way you pay for it".

I'd be careful putting much weight in what one attorney, uninvolved with the case, says as a simply piece of personal opinion on the matter.[/quote]

Oh really? I should put more weight on your personal opinion, a novice, than I should the personal opinion of a lawyer?

I have a saying of my own. Read, Dissect, Assimilate. Haven't said that in real long time. 😀

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

DP
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Oh really? I should put more weight on your personal opinion, a novice, than I should the personal opinion of a lawyer?

And where did I say that?

Quote:
I have a saying of my own. Read, Dissect, Assimilate. Haven't said that in real long time. 😀

Clearly you might want to do a better job of that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

And where did I say that?

Quote:

Clearly you might want to do a better job of that.

Didn't say you said it, asked a question.

I read. We have different interpretations. Did you read what I posted? If so why did you ask that question? You're the one who needs to do a better job.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Yup, which is why I don’t see them forcing him to cooperate.

DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah, I’m starting to see this pattern.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Definitely would be. But forcing a victim to. testify against their will is rarely a good look for a DA, especially over such a relatively minor infraction in regards to the law (which is not to say there is is not an important [i]societal issue involved[/i]).

Yup, which is why I don’t see them forcing him to cooperate.

DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah, I’m starting to see this pattern.

What's more important, how a DA looks or justice?

The social issue is the crux of the prosecution. I don't have proof but I believe she knew what she was doing when she said 'There's an African American man threatening my life' In today's climate that's endangering.

If Christian were White do you think she would have said "There's a White man threatening my life?'

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: