Knicks legend Patrick Ewing hospitalized due to COVID-19

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Knicks legend Patrick Ewing hospitalized due to COVID-19

I'm getting Space Jam flashbacks

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/05/22/knicks-legend-georgetown-coach-patrick-ewing-hospitalized-due-to-covid-19/

Quote:
Knicks’ legend, Georgetown coach Patrick Ewing hospitalized due to COVID-19

Patrick Ewing, the legendary Knick big man and current head coach of Georgetown basketball, announced he is hospitalized due to complications from COVID-19.

Patrick Ewing

@CoachEwing33
I want to share that I have tested positive for COVID-19. This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly. I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

View image on Twitter
6:47 PM - May 22, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
3,033 people are talking about this
The details of Ewing’s case are not known, but it was severe enough for him to be hospitalized. Ewing told Marc Berman of the New York Post he expects to fully recover.

Marc Berman
@NYPost_Berman
“I’ll be fine and we’ll all get through this.”: Patrick Ewing on his Covid-19 diagnoses.

7:14 PM - May 22, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Marc Berman's other Tweets
Ewing, a Hall of Fame player, had been in the spotlight again in recent weeks because of The Last Dance documentary about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Ewing’s Knicks had been one of the biggest rivals of those Jordan teams in the early 1990s. Plus, Ewing was a member of the 1992 Dream Team.

Ewing is one of a number of people around the NBA to test positive for the virus, including players — Kevin Durant, Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, and several unnamed players — plus Knicks owner James Dolan and staff members on several teams.

Ewing is a Hall of Fame player, a 7-time All-NBA player and 11-time All-Star who was one of the dominant big men of his era. After his playing days, he became an assistant coach around the league for the Wizards, Rockets, Magic, and Hornets. He interviewed for several NBA coaching jobs but ultimately jumped back to college to coach at his alma mater.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29219979/georgetown-hoyas-men-basketball-coach-patrick-ewing-hospital-coronavirus-diagnosis

Quote:
Georgetown Hoyas men's basketball coach Patrick Ewing out of hospital after coronavirus diagnosis

Georgetown Hoyas men's basketball coach Patrick Ewing is recovering at home after a weekend stay at the hospital with the coronavirus, he told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

On Monday, Patrick Ewing Jr. tweeted that his father's coronavirus symptoms are being watched and that he is "now home and getting better."

It was announced Friday that the elder Ewing had tested positive for the coronavirus and was being treated at a hospital.

"I want to thank all of the doctors and hospital staff for taking care of my father during his stay, as well as everyone who has reached out with thoughts and prayers to us and since his diagnosis," Ewing Jr. tweeted Monday.

Following his famed NBA playing career, Ewing took over as Georgetown's head coach in 2017 after spending 15 years as an assistant coach for four NBA franchises.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Glad he’s doing okay
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: