Donate to my nephews campaign fund (Campaign letter attached)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Donate to my nephews campaign fund (Campaign letter attached)

My nephew, David Cummings, is running for 4th district councilman in Montclair NJ. If any want to donate this is where you can. I know he'd make a good councilman. Any donation to his campaign fund would be appreciated.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/4ward

Hello Friend,
This communication is to serve as an introduction for my campaign to be the 4th Ward Councilor in my hometown of Montclair, New Jersey.

As a native of Montclair and longtime resident of the 4th Ward, I pledge to be accountable and a dependable servant for my constituents and the Township. I believe vital areas to concentrate on are equitable education, affordability, quality of life, fiscal responsibility, and sensible development. Each of these issues touches every resident. I know because I've been a child, student, parent, renter, and homeowner in Montclair. I see the impact that decisions by government officials have on residents. I know what effect citizens can have on one another and the importance of giving back.

I learned that from my parents, Morris and Carole Cummings (deceased). They were two hard-working individuals who never graduated from high school. They raised five children, four eventual college graduates, instilling the importance of education and provided love and inspiration every day. They taught us what you want is not as important as what you need and what you can do to help others.

My parents are the source of my public service history in the town. I've served as a voluntary member of Montclair's Board of Education, Parks and Recreation Committee, Civil Rights Commission, and Child Development Center (Head Start) Policy committee. I also served as Vice-Chairman of the Montclair Neighborhood Development Corporation (MNDC), the oldest social service agency in town.

I take this challenge to represent my community because I will make a difference and give the residents a servant they can count on to help them. We have a beautiful, diverse, progressive community with an incredible history. I know what Montclair has done for me. My family is an example. My wife, Kimberly, and our children, David Jr., a junior Animation major at Savannah College of Art and Design, daughters Elizabeth, a sophomore Education major at Towson (MD) University and Katherine, a junior at Montclair High School, extend what Montclair means to me. My family history in town stretches decades. I've had a family member graduate from Montclair High School in every decade since the 1940s. I want to give back to the next generation what I have received.

In closing, I ask for your vote. If you cannot vote for me, I accept support in any way you can help through prayer, thoughts of wisdom, and if you are able, a financial contribution.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
David

David Cummings
cummingsd [ at ] icloud.com
862-202-3554

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: