***🚴‍♀️ OFFICIAL COVID-19 EXERCISE THREAD🚴‍♀️ ***

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: ***🚴‍♀️ OFFICIAL COVID-19 EXERCISE THREAD🚴‍♀️ ***

Exercising is important during the STAY AT HOME recommendation. I've been lax. Today I started once again to exercise.

I do a 30 minute walk 3, 5, times a week. Today I only got 15 loops in, (loops around the pool at my apartment) It took 15 minutes. When I do 30 loops it comes in around 30 minutes.

Start Temp 97.3. Blood pressure 116/76 Pulse 104. After Temp 97.3. Blood pressure 120/78. Pulse 126.

Hope this thread encourages those who aren't exercising to start.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I do yoga and barre HIIT workouts at home now. I sprint too. I weigh 115, resting pulse is 44. I'm 46 and healthy. I try to eat clean for the most part. Try to stay hydrate and sleep at least 8 hours but it's really just 6 hours a day.

Staying healthy is key to longevity.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

my routine is 300 jump ropes in the morning before dialing into work. 100 situps, 50 pullups 50 pushups afterwork.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

I’ve always worked out from home so I’m just continuing that. I do metabolic workouts 3-4 days a week. Usually follow along with something from The Bodycoach TV, Fitness Blender, Funk Roberts or I'llpop in a random P90X3 video.

I also used to get a two mile daily walk taking my daughter to school and picking her up but obviously that’s not happening now. I still try to get us out walking when we can.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

Anyone ever try the Insanity workout?

I was doing some spring cleaning and found the box in the back of a closet and remembered I bouggt it like a decade ago without opening it. I need some cardio and my knees are fine, but I want to keep them that way.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
my routine is 300 jump ropes in the morning before dialing into work. 100 situps, 50 pullups 50 pushups afterwork.

50 pullups a day. Respect.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I was doing some spring cleaning and found the box in the back of a closet and remembered I bouggt it like a decade ago without opening it. I need some cardio and my knees are fine, but I want to keep them that way.

Yep, used to do that and p90x religiously.

I have never sweated so much in my life than when I did Insanity. But it was great...highly recommended.

I was just about to cancel my beachbody on demand membership before the stay at home order was put in place as I have been doing Orange Theory for the past 2 years. Luckily I held off and now I am back on it doing Insanity Max 30 (basically the 30 min version of Insanity)
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

I’ve been tempted to sign up for Beachbody on-demand for some variety There are a lot of workouts on YouTube but I find I tend to stick to the same ones. Also even though I own p90x3 I hate digging out the dvds just for that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

Yep, used to do that and p90x religiously.

I have never sweated so much in my life than when I did Insanity. But it was great...highly recommended.

I was just about to cancel my beachbody on demand membership before the stay at home order was put in place as I have been doing Orange Theory for the past 2 years. Luckily I held off and now I am back on it doing Insanity Max 30 (basically the 30 min version of Insanity)

Thanks for the rec, man!
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

Been running 2 miles every day just in loops around my apartment complex. Also 100 pushups, 100 sit sups, and 100 body weight squats, while mixing in some curls with backpack with a bunch of old textbooks in it and some tricep dips. That's about all I can do.

Biggest thing is just making sure you're not snacking all day everyday.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
I’ve been tempted to sign up for Beachbody on-demand for some variety There are a lot of workouts on YouTube but I find I tend to stick to the same ones. Also even though I own p90x3 I hate digging out the dvds just for that.

Not that I advocate it but if you really want to, you can find all these videos available online (*cough* torrent).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

It's raining in Los Angeles so I can't go on my 30 minute walk. Gonna do some stretching exercises. If it stops raining I'll do some walking.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

What is it grandma used to say, you’re not made of sugar?

I took my walks as normal, the rain feels refreshing.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

50 pullups a day. Respect.

in 5 reps with ample of resting time in between LOL
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

As stated above, any of the PX90/Beachbody type workouts are perfect for the current situation. If you are someone that relies on equipment in a gym or lift moderate to heavy weights, a month or two out of the gym is harder mentally than physically. As long as you continue to push your muscles with bodyweight type exercising and stretching, your strength or gym routine will bounce back quickly once things are normal. That said, a month or two of setting on your butt will be problematic when you attempt to start your normal workout back up. Also, be sure to do a lot of stretching outside of any workout...that is to say not just to get loose for a workout, but take a few minutes several times a day and focus on an area to stretch out the muscles.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

I try to do 150 push ups a day (3 reps of 50) everyday.

For curls, I use my 18 month old son. He weighs about 25 lbs. I have a tent like material with handles on it and he lays down inside while I do the curls. He has a lot of fun while I get a decent workout. Since he doesn't weigh to much, I just do it til failure.

I try to mix in jump ropes and jumping jacks in to my work out as well.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
As stated above, any of the PX90/Beachbody type workouts are perfect for the current situation. If you are someone that relies on equipment in a gym or lift moderate to heavy weights, a month or two out of the gym is harder mentally than physically. As long as you continue to push your muscles with bodyweight type exercising and stretching, your strength or gym routine will bounce back quickly once things are normal. That said, a month or two of setting on your butt will be problematic when you attempt to start your normal workout back up. Also, be sure to do a lot of stretching outside of any workout...that is to say not just to get loose for a workout, but take a few minutes several times a day and focus on an area to stretch out the muscles.

It has to be tough for people that rely on free weights for strength training. I noticed some of the barbells, racks and dumbbells on some sites are on backorder or out of stock. People suddenly realized how important it is to have a home gym.

A nice thing about home gyms is you know other people won’t be touching your stuff. A barbell, rack and bench would be great but for someone with less room, some dumbbells and an adjustable bench can do a lot. I haven’t used kettlebells so I’m not sure what to think of them.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

Lately I’ve been really impressed with resistance bands. You can do push-ups with them, so the bands can add resistance if bodyweight push-ups are too easy for you. There are also ways that you can do rows, lat exercises, chest presses, flies/crossovers, shoulder exercises, curls, tricep exercises, and even if you’re strong they will give you plenty of resistance. They are easy on the joints which is great for tricep exercises. My elbows bother me when I do tricep exercises with free weights and machines, but my elbows feel pretty good with resistance bands. I haven’t had any shoulder pain with bands either.

You can do leg exercises with them too (lots of examples on YouTube and other sites).

They don’t take up much room and are cheaper than other stuff people typically get for a home gym.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Got 20 minutes in today.
Start
Temp 98.5
139/75/100
End
Temp 98.7
111/77/121

My heart rate is usually around 100. That may be a little quick. I know it's supposed to be elevated after exercising. I think blood pressure is sometimes lower after exercising. So far I'm chugging along.

KEEP ON EXERCISING FAM

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Got in two miles of dog walks today, after doing zero the day before cause of the rain...
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject:

I usually lift weights at the gym regularly. I started doing tons of body weight stuff and bought some equipment (power tower with pull ups, dips, and leg raises) , a bench, as well as resistance bands and perfect push up handles. I can’t find reasonably priced adjustable dumbbells anywhere unfortunately. I’ve also been using water cooler jugs, which weigh about 45 lbs. This has been my split:

Chest/tris/shoulders

Push ups with different hand placements, 9 sets of 20 (180 total)
Dips, 3-4 sets of 10
Flies with resistance bands, 3-4 sets of 15
Upright row with cooler jugs, 6 sets of 10-12

Back/bis/shoulders

Pull ups with different grips - 8 sets of 7-10
Body weight row using dip bars - 4 sets of 10
Rows using cooler jugs - 4 sets of 20
Lateral raises using resistance bands - 6 sets of 15
Rear delt fly with resistance bands - 4 sets of 10

Shoulders are the only workout I feel like I haven’t been able to target as well, so I sprinkle a bunch of reps/sets of the limited exercises I can do on each day, usually as a superset.

I’ll sometimes do a day of abs doing leg raises and sit ups on my bench, reaching 200 reps total (I have only done this once or twice so far.

I try to walk my dog every day for an hour, which works out to about 3.5 miles. I am also not working right now and waiting for a job that starts in July, so I literally have all the time in the world. Trying (and failing) to learn some medical Spanish before I start (I am a new doctor).
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject:

Avid gym goer pre covid, unfortunately that’s off the table for now. I just try to do my regular push-up/crunch routine every day, out of bed and before. That and eating clean, thankfully I don’t put on weight too easily therefore I don’t fret over the lack of cardio. Let’s hope this (bleep) boils over soon so we can get back to our daily routine.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1249556165895356416
Quote:
After COVID-19 closed his gym, this man built his own ‘lumber jacked’ version out of wood, complete with a bench press, weights, and more

Paul Bunyans Gym
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: