NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dwight re: COVID vaccine - "I do not wanna talk about it"

So he took it, but not willingly?

Pelinka: take the (bleep) vaccine or ill make sure to get all your baby mamas to up their child support rates.

Howard: .....(bleep)! Fine!

Got more babymamas than Melo

I think people like Howard believe much of their fitness and health come from their own work and believe they will catch it and create antibodies without getting damaged.. shrug..

Made me think of Magic... One of the biggest reasons his HIV regimen of drugs works so well is because he was still in the gym 6 hours a day and he didn't stop that after he retired etc

I remember when I was a child I had to have vaccinations to go to school just like my dog had to have them to become my pet
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Any player with questions should just have a conversation with Karl Anthony Towns then they can decide on the value of taking the shot or not.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30451080/timberwolves-karl-anthony-towns-says-season-difficult-amid-court-tragedies

Quote:

As Karl-Anthony Towns prepares to begin his sixth season with the Minnesota Timberwolves, he said he also is continuing to process the death of his mother, Jacqueline Cruz-Towns, and six other family members who also died of complications from the coronavirus.

"I've been through a lot, obviously starting out with my mom," Towns said Friday. "Last night I got a call that I lost my uncle. I feel like I've been hardened a little bit by life and humbled."

On March 25, Towns shared an emotional video on Instagram explaining that his mother had been placed on a ventilator and was in a medically induced coma as a result of the virus. Cruz-Towns died April 13 at the age of 58.

"I've seen a lot of coffins in the last seven months," Towns said.

Towns has my respect for life as far as I'm concerned. He's a very good dude and a great player when healthy.

I hope for his sake, he finds some kind of enjoyment this season. He doesn't deserve all the bad stuff that has happened around him.

Man, what I would give to see him and Davis in a Laker uniform together.

To top it off KAT also got covid in January and was said to have lost 50 lbs.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
just curious, has vaccination affected anyone's life much?

personally, i am now 4 weeks post 2nd shot, but my routine has not changed at all. still isolating, wearing 99% respirator in stores, not eating out, washing groceries, avoiding crowds...

symptoms wise, the 2nd shot was really mild. no fever worth reporting. the only annoying symptoms were:
1. itching minor swelling under entire rectangular bandaid for 48 hours or so.
2. achy palm (injection arm) first night. both palms were achy the second night.
finger skin felt rough for a few weeks. a little internet research led me to think white blood cells were affecting sensory nerves a bit...

Cal1..my reaction to the 2nd shot was very severe...about 8 hours after I ran upstairs and my legs gave out and I dropped on my bed..for 5 minutes I barely could breath and had to breath heavily. Not going to lie..this vaccine can be rough for some people.

As far as changes. I still masks and still do everything the same. My sister in law just had a baby which I can visit because I am vaccinated but most things the same..although since my work requires vaccination, I would say since I can still work that is a change.

On a more social scale I would think being vaccinated has a large effect as it helps keep the virus under bet ster control and allows one to do more activities like taking their kids to an indoor playground or visiting their favorite restaurant.

hey lar

scary to hear what happened to you after 2nd shot.
hope future boosters dont act like that...

i dont know what i am going to do with boosters.
since i waited so long, hopefully protein vaccine would hopefully be available for boosters for people who originally received mrna.

in regards to my finger skin feeling rough, i thought it was going to last a long time. i thought nerve damage takes months to get better, even if minor... i was lucky and it went away after a few weeks.

well my friends and family continue to be very cautious. if i had kids, i probably would hold them out from school until things really calm down. since i dont, i just continue to live mostly like a hermit. my family used to love cruises, but my parents may never go on another cruise again. i dont think i will eat inside a restaurant until covid essentially goes away - however long that takes. we do do takeout, but only after the food and container are microwaved to denature potential viral proteins. i am in fact trying to find a battery powered microwave for the car, but that is difficult. i bought a battery powered uv-c irradiation container, but i dont trust it unless i can confirm the system is indeed outputing uv-c wavelength...

got a question about your sister-in-law. i am trying to do some market research. if my startup introduces a 99% environment for strollers, would she think it is something she would consider. particularly as babies under 2 may not get vaccinated, and apparently babies under 1 seem to have more severe cases...
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

personally, i am now 4 weeks post 2nd shot, but my routine has not changed at all. still isolating, wearing 99% respirator in stores, not eating out, washing groceries, avoiding crowds...

symptoms wise, the 2nd shot was really mild. no fever worth reporting. the only annoying symptoms were:
2. achy palm (injection arm) first night. both palms were achy the second night.
finger skin felt rough for a few weeks. a little internet research led me to think white blood cells were affecting sensory nerves a bit...

Cal1..my reaction to the 2nd shot was very severe...about 8 hours after I ran upstairs and my legs gave out and I dropped on my bed..for 5 minutes I barely could breath and had to breath heavily. Not going to lie..this vaccine can be rough for some people.

As far as changes. I still masks and still do everything the same. My sister in law just had a baby which I can visit because I am vaccinated but most things the same..although since my work requires vaccination, I would say since I can still work that is a change.

On a more social scale I would think being vaccinated has a large effect as it helps keep the virus under bet ster control and allows one to do more activities like taking their kids to an indoor playground or visiting their favorite restaurant.

hey lar

since i waited so long, hopefully protein vaccine would hopefully be available for boosters for people who originally received mrna.

in regards to my finger skin feeling rough, i thought it was going to last a long time. i thought nerve damage takes months to get better, even if minor... i was lucky and it went away after a few weeks.

well my friends and family continue to be very cautious. if i had kids, i probably would hold them out from school until things really calm down. since i dont, i just continue to live mostly like a hermit. my family used to love cruises, but my parents may never go on another cruise again. i dont think i will eat inside a restaurant until covid essentially goes away - however long that takes. we do do takeout, but only after the food and container are microwaved to denature potential viral proteins. i am in fact trying to find a battery powered microwave for the car, but that is difficult. i bought a battery powered uv-c irradiation container, but i dont trust it unless i can confirm the system is indeed outputing uv-c wavelength...

got a question about your sister-in-law. i am trying to do some market research. if my startup introduces a 99% environment for strollers, would she think it is something she would consider. particularly as babies under 2 may not get vaccinated, and apparently babies under 1 seem to have more severe cases...

As far as strollers go a big fat yes! Not surprising to me..babies under 1 do have more severe cases because their immune system isn't developed. A good reason I told my sister in law to be vaccinated and to breastfeed (as the mother can pass her antibodies from milk). They definitely are vulnerable so a stroller like that sounds like a good idea.

P.S. As far as restaurants, I still don't eat inside one unless it is well ventilated. Luckily a lot of restaurants in Orange County her outdoor dining. I still do plenty of takeout but there are some restaurants I found that just don't taste as good as takeout so I couldn't resists staying away.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

hey lar

As far as strollers go a big fat yes! Not surprising to me..babies under 1 do have more severe cases because their immune system isn't developed. A good reason I told my sister in law to be vaccinated and to breastfeed (as the mother can pass her antibodies from milk). They definitely are vulnerable so a stroller like that sounds like a good idea.

P.S. As far as restaurants, I still don't eat inside one unless it is well ventilated. Luckily a lot of restaurants in Orange County her outdoor dining. I still do plenty of takeout but there are some restaurants I found that just don't taste as good as takeout so I couldn't resists staying away.

lar

thanks for the tip on babies. would appreciate any advice that you or your sister-in-law may have for such a system. we regard this as a long-term market as long as covid still exists.

we actually already built a 99% baby system and were going to offer it in crowdfunding websites. however we decided to wait on our FAA approval results for our adult system first. hopefully we will get it approved soon (knock on wood). there is a very large company that wants to sell our system for flight crew and passengers. in fact, we now have a 99.97% version for medical (meets hepa specs even though it is not hepa).

how sure are we that babies under 1 have more severe cases due to less developed immune systems. i think some suspect the mumps vaccine has some effect on covid and that is typically taken at month 12.

regarding eating in restaurants, i am uncomfortable unless there is definitive data that covid cannot spread through eating. btw, if you have that data, please share! i have not been to in-n-out and several favorite restaurants that do not take out well since feb 2020 ...

after covid, i basically dont trust any restaurant, cruiseship, hotel, or basically anything that shares air in common with too many peopole.

that is why i wash the outside packaging for groceries after i return from the market. a big pain, but i have gotten used to it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

If you needed yet another reason to revere Kareem

anti-vaxxer morons need to gtfo
--the captain

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/09/28/lakers-legend-kareem-abdul-jabbar-slams-unvaccinated-nba-players/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

--the captain

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/09/28/lakers-legend-kareem-abdul-jabbar-slams-unvaccinated-nba-players/

“There is no room for players who are willing to risk the health and lives of their teammates, the staff and the fans simply because they are unable to grasp the seriousness of the situation or do the necessary research,” Abdul-Jabbar said in an article published in Rolling Stone.

This.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

“There is no room for players who are willing to risk the health and lives of their teammates, the staff and the fans simply because they are unable to grasp the seriousness of the situation or do the necessary research,” Abdul-Jabbar said in an article published in Rolling Stone.

This.

At the same time if any of those players called him out and said he was a hypocrite and sell out they would be right to with the all the flack Kareem gave other players for fitting in and MJ for selling out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Any player who elects not to comply with local vaccination mandates will not be paid for games that he misses,” NBA spokesperson Mike Bass said in a statement to reporters.

New York City and San Francisco both require COVID vaccinations (in NYC, have at least one shot) to play

https://mobile.twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1443234123687120903
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
“Any player who elects not to comply with local vaccination mandates will not be paid for games that he misses,” NBA spokesperson Mike Bass said in a statement to reporters.

New York City and San Francisco both require COVID vaccinations (in NYC, have at least one shot) to play

Now you are going to see how many true real believers when they start missing the big game checks.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

I figured this would happen once LeBron announced he had been vaccinated.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Now you are going to see how many true real believers when they start missing the big game checks.

So Kyrie and Wiggins will be taking a huge pay cut. I don’t know how this plays out, if Kyrie just denies vaccines, he can’t even play in the playoff home games.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

This.

At the same time if any of those players called him out and said he was a hypocrite and sell out they would be right to with the all the flack Kareem gave other players for fitting in and MJ for selling out.

What BS are you going on about?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

So Kyrie and Wiggins will be taking a huge pay cut. I don’t know how this plays out, if Kyrie just denies vaccines, he can’t even play in the playoff home games.

Yup, then if a Western Conference team makes the Finals that implements the required vaccination rule which i'm sure more teams will as the season goes since Winter is also around the corner then he won't even be able to join his team for a single game the entire Finals. That's kinda insane. Even if he only plays away games in the season and Playoffs that will grow old real quick for the rest of the team.

I agree with you though, I absolutely do not see Kyrie and Wiggins (even Simmons from his separate drama) being cool with just throwing away a big chunk of there massive contracts while also being a huge distraction for all there teammates as well which could put the chemistry to a real test and i'm not sure the Nets can survive it but I don't mind watching them try if i'm being honest
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

This.

Is this Wiggins’s burner account?
digcom99
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-conversation-with-rob-pelinka-led-to-kent-bazemore-receiving-vaccine/2021/09/29/

Good article on how both sides of the debate got together, listened to each other’s views and figured out what was best for the team.

Kudos to Pelinka and Bazemore
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

This.

Kareem once said about MJ

“You can’t be afraid of losing shoe sales if you’re worried about your civil and human rights,” and “He took commerce over conscience. It’s unfortunate for him, but he’s gotta live with it,”

Whether you like Kareem, agree with his stances or not. He said those words about MJ. No matter how you slice it Wiggins has the human and civil right to choose what he puts in his body, same with Kyrie, and they don’t have to discuss it with Kareem, a reporter, or anyone because they also have a freedom of speech and privacy.

Kareem basically said on tv to take away their livelihood and job completely because those two choose to maintain their own rights despite knowing they will forfeit half their pay. Kareem condemned them and said basically put them out the game and league all together and it’s to push an agenda. He himself and his beliefs are not more important than theirs, but for him to say strip them of their jobs and livelihood and kick them out if they don’t conform makes him a bigger sellout than anything MJ ever did.

Kareem spent most of his career feeling ostracized, picked at, and singled by media. He blamed that for why he could never be a head coach or prominent front office member. He was considered woke for his time just like them, and now he’s basically saying tell these players fall in line and conform, f your thoughts or will or rights, conform or gtfo and don’t be paid. He’s a hypocrite, much like he’s called other people.

If he wasn’t a hypocrite and sell out, he could have left it at I believe people should be vaccinated but if they are not, that’s a personal choice for them and their family. They will have to pay for it financallly but it’s a choice and right of theirs to make that decision and not mines to speak on. Instead he confemened them for some headlines and fame, thus a hypocrite and sell out
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
No matter how you slice it Wiggins has the human and civil right to choose what he puts in his body, same with Kyrie, and they don’t have to discuss it with Kareem, a reporter, or anyone because they also have a freedom of speech and privacy.

I know you didn't start this, so it's not your fault. But this is clearly veering off into politics. Let's not get the thread locked.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

--the captain

I don't agree with him. I don't even think that he is vaccinated.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

What makes you believe he isn't vaccinated?

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

This.

“You can’t be afraid of losing shoe sales if you’re worried about your civil and human rights,” and “He took commerce over conscience. It’s unfortunate for him, but he’s gotta live with it,”

Whether you like Kareem, agree with his stances or not. He said those words about MJ. No matter how you slice it Wiggins has the human and civil right to choose what he puts in his body, same with Kyrie, and they don’t have to discuss it with Kareem, a reporter, or anyone because they also have a freedom of speech and privacy.

Kareem basically said on tv to take away their livelihood and job completely because those two choose to maintain their own rights despite knowing they will forfeit half their pay. Kareem condemned them and said basically put them out the game and league all together and it’s to push an agenda. He himself and his beliefs are not more important than theirs, but for him to say strip them of their jobs and livelihood and kick them out if they don’t conform makes him a bigger sellout than anything MJ ever did.

Kareem spent most of his career feeling ostracized, picked at, and singled by media. He blamed that for why he could never be a head coach or prominent front office member. He was considered woke for his time just like them, and now he’s basically saying tell these players fall in line and conform, f your thoughts or will or rights, conform or gtfo and don’t be paid. He’s a hypocrite, much like he’s called other people.

If he wasn’t a hypocrite and sell out, he could have left it at I believe people should be vaccinated but if they are not, that’s a personal choice for them and their family. They will have to pay for it financallly but it’s a choice and right of theirs to make that decision and not mines to speak on. Instead he confemened them for some headlines and fame, thus a hypocrite and sell out
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

because he is Muslim, and what he stands for goes against what he said.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

This.

Whatever crazy gripe you have with Kareem's stance re: Jordan is totally irrelevant to Kareem's commentary on vaccinations, and I think I got the twisties from reading you try to match them up for an argument.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
C M B wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

Because Muslim = anti-vaccine?

Do you have a source?

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
C M B wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
C M B wrote:

--the captain

Because Muslim = anti-vaccine?

Do you have a source?

They are not anti-vaccine, they are just wary of science and what they insert into their bodies; as they should be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 124 of 130
Jump to: