Dion Waiters Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 4711

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jay Williams just said if Dion comes with the right mindset, he's the best player that got picked up, even over Marcus and Reggie Jackson from the Clippers.


I agree with this...can't wait to see him against the Nets.

Would love to see Bron get that game off.


Not to get too carried away but Dion could potentially be the Lakers' version of Lou Williams off the bench because he's that offensively talented.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10749
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

Let Kuz and Dion be our #1 and 2 options for the load management end of the regular season games.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 9289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

If Dion is smart, he looks at the Lakers' need for a facilitator / shot generator and he doesn't his best to show he can do that. He's a better passer than most believe, but he is prone to tunnel vision towards the rim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52188
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

I think we'll see Waiters tomorrow. There are only 20 games left in the regular season. He has to get some burn to see where he'll best fit.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2651

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jay Williams just said if Dion comes with the right mindset, he's the best player that got picked up, even over Marcus and Reggie Jackson from the Clippers.


I agree with this...can't wait to see him against the Nets.

Would love to see Bron get that game off.


Not to get too carried away but Dion could potentially be the Lakers' version of Lou Williams off the bench because he's that offensively talented.


I like the way Dion plays the game...he certainly can be...kid is fearless and our culture is awesome for him. I expect him to be a 2nd Q guy that can get us buckets in a quarter that we typically get out scored in.

I like that we've been winning and still don't have our team at full potential.

Imagine if Danny G finds his stroke and Kuz finds his stroke...Bruh!
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 860

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jay Williams just said if Dion comes with the right mindset, he's the best player that got picked up, even over Marcus and Reggie Jackson from the Clippers.


I agree with this...can't wait to see him against the Nets.

Would love to see Bron get that game off.


Not to get too carried away but Dion could potentially be the Lakers' version of Lou Williams off the bench because he's that offensively talented.


I like the way Dion plays the game...he certainly can be...kid is fearless and our culture is awesome for him. I expect him to be a 2nd Q guy that can get us buckets in a quarter that we typically get out scored in.

I like that we've been winning and still don't have our team at full potential.

Imagine if Danny G finds his stroke and Kuz finds his stroke...Bruh!


Dion is gonna be our Jordan Farmar/Shannon Brown!
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Revenge games: Celtics - ✔️, 76ers - ✔️, Bucks - ✔️, Clippers - ✔️, Raptors - TBD, Pacers - TBD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26757

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

No photos of him in uniform?
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2651

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
No photos of him in uniform?


None I've seen.

He's 18 right?

Everyone getting an 8 in their number.
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 670

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Our modern day JR Rider, only hope he gets an opportunity to make our playoff roster unlike stubborn Phil who wanted no part of talented yet hard to trust Rider.
_________________
MAMBA OUT

1978-2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4174

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

The question is when will he play during a game....We know Rondo is first off the bench and that AC backs him up....Yesterday AC got no run in the 2nd half....we know Green is backed up by KCP....when will Waiters play and who's minutes does he take? This looks like a log jam to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108257

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The question is when will he play during a game....We know Rondo is first off the bench and that AC backs him up....Yesterday AC got no run in the 2nd half....we know Green is backed up by KCP....when will Waiters play and who's minutes does he take? This looks like a log jam to me.


I think we all know what needs to happen but it won't.

I actually can see 3 guard lineups where Dion uses his stout THICC body to body up bigger wing players.
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52188
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
No photos of him in uniform?


None I've seen.

He's 18 right?

Everyone getting an 8 in their number.


He's listed on the roster as 28. If that's the number he's going to wear you're right. everybody's getting a 8 in their number.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2651

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
No photos of him in uniform?


None I've seen.

He's 18 right?

Everyone getting an 8 in their number.


He's listed on the roster as 28. If that's the number he's going to wear you're right. everybody's getting a 8 in their number.


This is dope

2 Mambacita
8 Kobe

88 Kobe

Bron with Kobe's jersey in his locker...

This team gets it.

This is for Kobe...Let's get it!
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2004
Posts: 7795
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Did we not retire DJ Mbenga's jersey?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52188
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
Did we not retire DJ Mbenga's jersey?


I don't think so. Why would we? I rechecked the roster, Waiters is listed as 11. Cook wears 28 to honor Kobe and Gigi.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9169

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

But Quinn Cook is 28
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52188
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
But Quinn Cook is 28


You're right my last post and yours passed in posting times. Both at 3:40
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29382

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The question is when will he play during a game....We know Rondo is first off the bench and that AC backs him up....Yesterday AC got no run in the 2nd half....we know Green is backed up by KCP....when will Waiters play and who's minutes does he take? This looks like a log jam to me.



My guess is Dion will get a shot as a scorer off the bench when Lebron is out. If he pans out, Green, Bradley, Rondo, KCP and Caruso could all be in the running to lose minutes, but Dion will need to show something quick to keep getting minutes because he could easily end up glued to the bench.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11860

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

With Lebron likely resting tomorrow, this will be a good opportunity for Dion Waiters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29382

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
With Lebron likely resting tomorrow, this will be a good opportunity for Dion Waiters


Vogel said he doesn't expect Dion to play for at least a few games, while he learns the system and improves his conditioning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11860

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:
With Lebron likely resting tomorrow, this will be a good opportunity for Dion Waiters


Vogel said he doesn't expect Dion to play for at least a few games, while he learns the system and improves his conditioning


I'd be seriously surprised if Dion doesn't get at least a few minutes despite what Vogel said. There's only 20 games to go, we're down on playmakers because Lebron is resting and Waiters is a playmaker, the Nets are missing both their best players, and they're in turmoil with their coach exiting.

There really isn't a better opportunity. After this game is the Rockets, the Nuggets, and 2 against the Jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jay Williams just said if Dion comes with the right mindset, he's the best player that got picked up, even over Marcus and Reggie Jackson from the Clippers.


The reality is he will get 5 min and if he plays well his min get extended. I can already see Vogel has no trust in Waiters.

waiters will have to show defensive work and rotation to get on court for Vogel.
5 min may not be enough for waiters to show anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject:

Will Dion play tomorrow and have Lebron's minutes? I think tomorrow is a good opportunity to see what waiters can bring to the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3892

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject:

clutch vs Kyrie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 1812
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Will Dion play tomorrow and have Lebron's minutes? I think tomorrow is a good opportunity to see what waiters can bring to the team.


I think it depends purely on his conditioning at this point.. He hasn't played at all in over a month and only 3 games total the entire season.. It might be a few more games but hopefully he can get at least a few minutes to get things started.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB