Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

For all you Directv subscribers

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
32m
A bit of good news... and this is not an April Fools Day joke. A deal has been reached for Direct TV to carry the Dodgers station, SportsNet LA. It’s already broadcasting on Channel 690 this morning.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
32m
A bit of good news... and this is not an April Fools Day joke. A deal has been reached for Direct TV to carry the Dodgers station, SportsNet LA. It’s already broadcasting on Channel 690 this morning.

A great deal for all you SoCal folk--you can now watch what isn't.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
32m

I'm actually really happy about this. I've been streaming my Dodger games online because there was no other way to get them, but I've always been very willing to pay for these games if they were made available through a legitimate source. I already have DirecTV, so it's a win for me.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

LOL, now they do it!

Thanks?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully hospitalized after fall and is 'resting comfortably'

“I won’t be doing anymore head-first sliding; I never liked it,” Scully said in the statement released by the Dodgers.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Man, I saw Vin pop up in the news feed and I immediately feared the worst.

F 2020.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
32m

I'm actually really happy about this. I've been streaming my Dodger games online because there was no other way to get them, but I've always been very willing to pay for these games if they were made available through a legitimate source. I already have DirecTV, so it's a win for me.

I have DirecTV and have enjoyed some of the classic Dodger games they have shown. Watched game 6 of the 1981 World Series when the Dodgers beat the Yankees to win it all. They also showed Valenzuela pitching the final game of the 1981 NLCS and Hershiser in game 7 of the 1988 NLCS. It’s fun to watch winners every night too.

They showed another playoff win but that was from a Dodger team that didn’t do much in the postseason so I skipped that one. I only watch champions these days.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Vin Scully was released from the hospital and is said to be home and comfortable. Let's hope this wasn't anything major, but I always worry when an old person suffers a fall.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Vin Scully was released from the hospital and is said to be home and comfortable. Let's hope this wasn't anything major, but I always worry when an old person suffers a fall.

Thank da lord, don't want a Chick Hearn repeat claiming another from the LA sportscasters Mount Rushmore.

1978-2020
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Is it finally time to resurrect this thread?

Under normal circumstances, this sucker would probably already be a 30+ pages by now.

Sounds like everything is a go for opening day either July 23rd or the 24th. Fingers crossed there are no crazy spikes and things run as smooth as they possibly can.

I read it’s 40 games within the division and the remaining 20 will be inter league with your geographical counterparts (so definitely the Angels, A’s and Mariners....wonder if we’ll get the Trashtros as well). Universal DH as well which helps us get another bat in the lineup.

60 games is not ideal, but F it...I just want baseball. The summer just doesn’t feel the same without it. And hey, at least we get to see Mookie actually play a meaningful game in a dodger uni
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

^
Yes, 60 games: 40 within the NL West (10 games each vs. each team), and 20 against the AL West (5 games each vs. each team, which includes the Astros).

It appears that the free agent market this winter is going to take a major hit because of the decreased revenues and there could also be issues with next season as it relates to COVID-19, not to mention the possibility of more labor unrest. So perhaps Betts will choose to take a short-term deal, perhaps even one year, because there just may not be a team willing to pay megabucks this winter. We'll see what that means later.

With spring training being shorter now, I'm guessing you're going to see a lot of short starts at the beginning of the season. And with bigger rosters at the start of the season, there should be more pitchers on the big league roster, allowing teams to mix and match a bit easier during the course of a typical week, let's say.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Geez 60 games sucks ballz, a common or low grade injury can cost a guy a quarter of the season lol. Kersh want be can't afford his annual month long injury list hiatus or basically that's it for his 2020 campaign.

Also we lose the ASG as soon as the stadium is refurbed and spruced up to host after nearly 40 years.

1978-2020
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject:

So sad to see what happened to Andrew Toles. He’s homeless now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

I'm guessing his issues were always more than just "anxiety" issues. I hope he gets the help that he needs, and that the Dodgers provide it. Sadly, if he is dealing with the mental issues that I suspect he's dealing with, these situations never seem to end well. Such a shame.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

I'm guessing his issues were always more than just "anxiety" issues. I hope he gets the help that he needs, and that the Dodgers provide it. Sadly, if he is dealing with the mental issues that I suspect he's dealing with, these situations never seem to end well. Such a shame.

Yeah wonder what support system he has (friends, family).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

David Price to sit out 2020 season.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Damn, not even a single start from him, better safe than sorry as this was no easy decision to forfeit his prorated $11.8m salary for 2020.

Looking at our starting rotation as of now after losing our no. 3....

Kershaw (L)
Buehler (R)
Urias (L)*
Wood (L)*
May (R)*
*Gonsolin, Stripling, Nelson if necessary

Yep, our starting depth is pretty weak imo....so we gonna lament the Ryu, Hill and Maeda departures?

1978-2020
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Damn, not even a single start from him, better safe than sorry as this was no easy decision to forfeit his prorated $11.8m salary for 2020.

Looking at our starting rotation as of now after losing our no. 3....

Kershaw (L)
Buehler (R)
Urias (L)*
Wood (L)*
May (R)*
*Gonsolin, Stripling, Nelson if necessary

Yep, our starting depth is pretty weak imo....so we gonna lament the Ryu, Hill and Maeda departures?

Stripling will likely move into the starting rotation, at least initially. Keep in mind that the starts are likely to be quite short for a while, so you'll probably see a lot of Gonsolin and May piggybacking.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

Just a coupe of notes. Stripling is the favorite for the open rotation spot but it's officially a competition. May has been hitting 99 MPH and Gonsolin still hasn't reported. Muncy's ring finger is still bothering him, and he noted that he and other hitters are having trouble with the new batter's eye at Dodger Stadium. Hope that isn't a problem during the season for our hitters.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Just a coupe of notes. Stripling is the favorite for the open rotation spot but it's officially a competition. May has been hitting 99 MPH and Gonsolin still hasn't reported. Muncy's ring finger is still bothering him, and he noted that he and other hitters are having trouble with the new batter's eye at Dodger Stadium. Hope that isn't a problem during the season for our hitters.

I would think it could be a bigger problem for the opposition since they won't get to play at Dodger Stadium 81 games (in a normal year) and possibly get used to it. Kersh and company could love it.

I tried to find a good image of the new batter's eye a couple weeks ago and couldn't really find something, as it either was not completed at the time of the photo or there were not any good images of it complete. Time to look again.

And so I did (look again). A comparison, down within:

New vs. Old
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I would think it could be a bigger problem for the opposition since they won't get to play at Dodger Stadium 81 games (in a normal year) and possibly get used to it. Kersh and company could love it.

I tried to find a good image of the new batter's eye a couple weeks ago and couldn't really find something, as it either was not completed at the time of the photo or there were not any good images of it complete. Time to look again.

And so I did (look again). A comparison, down within:

New vs. Old

Very interesting the differences. I'm hopeful it's just something that'll take a few weeks and then it'll be normal. I mean, Dodger stadium has had that black tarp for the batter's eye for as long as I could remember. But do agree that our pitchers could take advantage.

To CS's post, last I heard was that Gonsolin reported last night so hopefully he'll be ready to go soon as I think he'd be a great guy out of the pen. And really encouraging about May hitting 99.

Last to report seem to be: Jansen, Lux and Baez. Probably missing a few others.

It does seem pretty cryptic that Robert's can't address why they're not in camp yet. Feel it has to be related to Covid in some form (either a positive or delayed test).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

^
I know that there was some talk that Jansen was considering opting out of the season. Roberts specifically addressed it and said he had NOT heard that from Jansen, although he didn't actually say if that was just for now or a firm thing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers are already making adjustments to the batter's eye. Good move.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 2 of 300
Jump to: