2020 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9847
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: 2020 LA Dodgers Thread

Well it's officially spring training and the start of the season is only a month away. Can't wait to see what this offense can do with Mookie in the lineup and what kind of show he and Cody will put on with their defense.

Could this be the year we finally break through? All signs are pointing to 'most likely'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 61458

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks for starting the thread. Hopefully, this is the year!
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26917

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

This is the most I've anticipated a season ever. From Mookie to seeing how the Angels do to eagerly anticipating the boos the Astros will get. Must see TV boy.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 21516
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

I had a dream the other night where we win the 2020 World Series. We beat the Yankees in 5 games and celebrate on their field (we win the most games in the league during the regular season). In my dream, we actually go up 3 games to none in the series. Boone decides to go to Gerrit Cole for Game 4 on 3 days' rest with his team facing elimination, and he pitches them to victory to stave off elimination for one night. But in the decisive Game 5, Buehler gives us 6.2 great innings, as Graterol comes in for the final out of the bottom of the 7th in a 1-1 game with 2 on and 2 out, whiffing Judge. In the top of the 8th, we have Betts at third base with 2 outs, and Boone brings in lefty Zach Britton to face Bellinger. Belli works a walk. Then with Joc due up, Roberts calls on Chris Taylor to pinch-hit. (Remember, 3-batter minimum now for pitchers.) Taylor, too, works a walk to load the bases. With Seager up, Doc decides to let it ride and go lefty-lefty. On a 2-2 pitch, Seager fights off an inner-half fastball to hit a soft liner into center field, scoring 2 and giving us a 3-1 lead. With Lux due up, Roberts decides to again leave the lefty in, figuring that Britton is looking shaky and he'd rather trust Lux against a shaky pitcher instead of bringing in Kike or Pollock to hit, which would then prompt an immediate pitching change by Boone to a righty. Lux doubles into the right-field corner to pad the lead to 5-1. Treinen, on for the 8th, gives up a solo homer but strikes out the side, making it a 5-2 game going to the 9th. Jansen comes in and allows one hit but retires Brett Gardner on a routine fly ball to left field to end the game and the series.

Yes, it was that vivid, folks.
_________________
Two series wins down, two more to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9847
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

Kershaw worked with Driveline this offseason (as did Jansen and Wood). We can be hopeful that they added some velocity to his fastball. I'm ready for some 2017 Kershaw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 9108
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I had a dream the other night where we win the 2020 World Series. We beat the Yankees in 5 games and celebrate on their field (we win the most games in the league during the regular season). In my dream, we actually go up 3 games to none in the series. Boone decides to go to Gerrit Cole for Game 4 on 3 days' rest with his team facing elimination, and he pitches them to victory to stave off elimination for one night. But in the decisive Game 5, Buehler gives us 6.2 great innings, as Graterol comes in for the final out of the bottom of the 7th in a 1-1 game with 2 on and 2 out, whiffing Judge. In the top of the 8th, we have Betts at third base with 2 outs, and Boone brings in lefty Zach Britton to face Bellinger. Belli works a walk. Then with Joc due up, Roberts calls on Chris Taylor to pinch-hit. (Remember, 3-batter minimum now for pitchers.) Taylor, too, works a walk to load the bases. With Seager up, Doc decides to let it ride and go lefty-lefty. On a 2-2 pitch, Seager fights off an inner-half fastball to hit a soft liner into center field, scoring 2 and giving us a 3-1 lead. With Lux due up, Roberts decides to again leave the lefty in, figuring that Britton is looking shaky and he'd rather trust Lux against a shaky pitcher instead of bringing in Kike or Pollock to hit, which would then prompt an immediate pitching change by Boone to a righty. Lux doubles into the right-field corner to pad the lead to 5-1. Treinen, on for the 8th, gives up a solo homer but strikes out the side, making it a 5-2 game going to the 9th. Jansen comes in and allows one hit but retires Brett Gardner on a routine fly ball to left field to end the game and the series.

Yes, it was that vivid, folks.


That was beautiful. I'll take it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9847
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/tickets/group-tickets/home-run-seats?partnerId=ed-14730882-1196668663

New seats at Dodger Stadium (front row of outfield bleachers).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26917

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Kershaw worked with Driveline this offseason (as did Jansen and Wood). We can be hopeful that they added some velocity to his fastball. I'm ready for some 2017 Kershaw


Jansen's fastball is also up 5-8mph. Good stuff man.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 680

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Kershaw worked with Driveline this offseason (as did Jansen and Wood). We can be hopeful that they added some velocity to his fastball. I'm ready for some 2017 Kershaw


Jansen's fastball is also up 5-8mph. Good stuff man.
.

Anything besides serving up bp to opposing hitters like they been doing in recent seasons.
_________________
MAMBA OUT

1978-2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9847
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Blake Harris
@BlakeHarrisTBLA
I didn't believe it when Tom Verducci said the Astros didn't swing and miss at a single offspeed pitch from Clayton Kershaw in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series.

I went back and watched every Kershaw pitch that night.

He was right.

They didn't swing and miss at a single one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 36081
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1233093651686940672
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 15184
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Quote:
Blake Harris
@BlakeHarrisTBLA
I didn't believe it when Tom Verducci said the Astros didn't swing and miss at a single offspeed pitch from Clayton Kershaw in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series.

I went back and watched every Kershaw pitch that night.

He was right.

They didn't swing and miss at a single one.


Someone did the math in a spreadsheet on the Dodgers subreddit. It was like a 1 in 128,000 chance of that happening. Astros literally stole a championship.

Quote:
I've done this over 1,000 times so far and have an average result suggesting that this would happen 0.0007808752% of the time, or about 1 in 128,061. So if there were 371 additional parallel universes and Kershaw started 344 games in each of those other universes, you could expect this to happen 1 time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dodgers/comments/f84o11/made_this_earlier_but_it_was_flawed_deleted_it/


I feel so bad for Kershaw and the team. Especially Kersh though -- he was about to get the playoff monkey off his back. Hopefully his attitude has changed after this offseason's revelations; he seemed pretty defeated after losing last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 9108
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Kershaw worked with Driveline this offseason (as did Jansen and Wood). We can be hopeful that they added some velocity to his fastball. I'm ready for some 2017 Kershaw


Jansen's fastball is also up 5-8mph. Good stuff man.


Wood went too, and he looks better as well.

Kersh pitched today. Faced the minimum in the first, striking out the first two batters. In the second, he struck out Smoak. Then walked back to back batters before recovering and striking out his last batter. Pulled with 2 outs and 2 on - would have given up a run, but Mookie threw out Omar Narvaez on home.

No radar gun, but reports say that he hit ~93 and sat 91-92.


Last edited by Cutheon on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Kershaw worked with Driveline this offseason (as did Jansen and Wood). We can be hopeful that they added some velocity to his fastball. I'm ready for some 2017 Kershaw


Jansen's fastball is also up 5-8mph. Good stuff man.


Wood went too, and he looks better as well.

Kersh pitched today. Faced the minimum in the first, striking out the first two batters. In the second, he struck out Smoak. Then walked back to back batters on 4 before recovering and striking out his last batter. Pulled with 2 outs and 2 on - would have given up a run, but Mookie threw out Omar Narvaez on home.

No radar gun, but reports say that he hit ~93 and sat 91-92.


Quote:
[Bill Plunkett] #Dodgers Clayton Kershaw retired the first 4 batters he faced, 3 on Ks but then walked back to back batters, ran deep counts. Pulled after 37 pitches with 2 runners on 2 out in 2nd inning. Hit 93 mph with 1 pitch, mostly 91-92 (via scoreboard)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4182

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject:

Kersh looks way more lean. Looks like he lost some flab - that should help. He was really out of shape last year I thought.

I'm so glad it was 91-92 and not "he hit 90 with 1 pitch...88-89 mostly"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 36081
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Kersh looks way more lean. Looks like he lost some flab - that should help. He was really out of shape last year I thought.

I'm so glad it was 91-92 and not "he hit 90 with 1 pitch...88-89 mostly"


I haven't seen him in spring training yet, but find it very hard to believe he or Jansen have found the fountain of youth. I'm more curious if they can get anything serviceable out of Wright. I still expect a mid-season trade for a closer needed to be made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 11856

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Kersh looks way more lean. Looks like he lost some flab - that should help. He was really out of shape last year I thought.

I'm so glad it was 91-92 and not "he hit 90 with 1 pitch...88-89 mostly"


I haven't seen him in spring training yet, but find it very hard to believe he or Jansen have found the fountain of youth. I'm more curious if they can get anything serviceable out of Wright. I still expect a mid-season trade for a closer needed to be made.


You make it sound like they are washed up. Kersh is 31 and Jansen is 32 with only 600-ish innings. It is said the ball is coming out of their hands much better this spring.

Have some freeking faith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 1477
Location: SFValley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Can someone enlighten me here? Why didn't we resign Ryu? He was a Cy Young candidate last year and seemed to be a fan favorite here in LA, especially with the Korean community.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 21516
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
Can someone enlighten me here? Why didn't we resign Ryu? He was a Cy Young candidate last year and seemed to be a fan favorite here in LA, especially with the Korean community.


We don't think he's a good bet to hold up physically, and that it wasn't worth it to pay him what he got paid by Toronto.
_________________
Two series wins down, two more to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 21516
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Roberts on Graterol: “It’s an easy, if you can say an easy, 98. There’s some late movement. The slider he can strike and shortens it when he needs to. What a find, and really a great young man.”
_________________
Two series wins down, two more to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 61458

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1235418779296792577?s=19
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 21516
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1235418779296792577?s=19


Really could be our closer of the future. And sometimes, the future happens quickly.
_________________
Two series wins down, two more to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33881

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/tickets/group-tickets/home-run-seats?partnerId=ed-14730882-1196668663

New seats at Dodger Stadium (front row of outfield bleachers).


How many more seats does that add to the stadium?
I always thought that gap between the wall and the front row of the outfield section was kinda dangerous, now they filled it with seats so people won't lean over and possibly fall over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 21516
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/tickets/group-tickets/home-run-seats?partnerId=ed-14730882-1196668663

New seats at Dodger Stadium (front row of outfield bleachers).


How many more seats does that add to the stadium?
I always thought that gap between the wall and the front row of the outfield section was kinda dangerous, now they filled it with seats so people won't lean over and possibly fall over.


Yeah this is a good idea. Now let's see if the pavilion renovations are done in time for Opening Day.
_________________
Two series wins down, two more to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 1477
Location: SFValley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:
Can someone enlighten me here? Why didn't we resign Ryu? He was a Cy Young candidate last year and seemed to be a fan favorite here in LA, especially with the Korean community.


We don't think he's a good bet to hold up physically, and that it wasn't worth it to pay him what he got paid by Toronto.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB