...theee immpossssible has happened
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Interview with Clayton on CBS This Morning

So happy for him, I love Kersh so much

He's that type of good person that makes me feel like such a bum in comparison. I'm SOOOOO happy for Kersh. Love him too man.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Interview with Clayton on CBS This Morning

So happy for him, I love Kersh so much

He's that type of good person that makes me feel like such a bum in comparison. I'm SOOOOO happy for Kersh. Love him too man.

He took a lot of heat including from me.

The guy is a stud and proved his mettle in this World Series. Proud of him, Urias, really the whole team.

I am seeing people everywhere with Dodger gear on and I live in North San Diego County! Let's GO!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Congratulations guys!

I know it's been a frustrating run for the Dodgers guys over the last few years.

Happy for you all that you got this new championship.

Cheers DMR, you rock!
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Congratulations guys!

I know it's been a frustrating run for the Dodgers guys over the last few years.

Happy for you all that you got this new championship.

Cheers DMR, you rock!

Much appreciated DMR!
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
This video proves the correct analytical move was to leaving Snell in the game, not pull him eailer... If Cash understood what analytics actually was he would of never pulled Snell.

(Mookie's 👀 light up when he sees right handed fastball pitchers)

https://youtu.be/u3G8QytAKWA

I just watched this video a few hours ago! Seems like Cash interpreted the wrong data, lucky for us he did!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

What was cool about this year was my daughter (all of 4) got to see the local teams win, which was awesome. Last time I saw the Dodgers win the World Series I was in High School...next time it is with my little one

What struck me is just how much talent this Dodger team has on their position lineup vs that 88 team. Frankly, outside of Kirk Gibson, I'm not sure anyone cracks the 2020 team's starting lineup. And don't even get me started on the World Series lineup from the 88 team, egad, I think Mike Marshal was the only power threat in that entire lineup during the Series with Kirk injured.

In any event, congrats to Dodger blue. Great for LA to see both their big teams win in what was, perhaps, one of the more strenuous years in recent memory.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

^This team is loaded compared to ‘88. You may remember the time Lasorda was interviewed after Game 4 ‘88 and said the players were angered when they heard Costas in the pregame say to the effect that the 1988 Dodgers had the weakest hitting line-up in World Series history (outside of Marshal and Gibson). They chanted “Kill Costas, kill Costas” and took it out on the A’s with a victory. Unsung heroes, the Stuntmen with Danny Heep, Franklin Stubbs, Rick Dempsey, and of course Mickey Hatcher.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious about something... I heard today, the game ball is worth $250k. Do you guys think this is something that is discussed before hand? That whoever last has the ball gets to keep it? Does it count as income for Barnes?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
*reads*

*spits out coffee in laughter*

https://twitter.com/tomerazarly/status/1321312962016141312?s=21

Legit one of the funniest things to emerge in the Clippers trash fest.

How can they say they are an LA team after that? Wow, embarrassing.

I saw congratulations message from Lakers, Clips, Rams, Chargers, Kings, Galaxy but nothing from the LA Angels.

I noticed that too. Not surprised because the Angels doing it would seem weird. Also, I think of the Angels as being an Anaheim team like the Ducks.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
^This team is loaded compared to ‘88. You may remember the time Lasorda was interviewed after Game 4 ‘88 and said the players were angered when they heard Costas in the pregame say to the effect that the 1988 Dodgers had the weakest hitting line-up in World Series history (outside of Marshal and Gibson). They chanted “Kill Costas, kill Costas” and took it out on the A’s with a victory. Unsung heroes, the Stuntmen with Danny Heep, Franklin Stubbs, Rick Dempsey, and of course Mickey Hatcher.

I remember the telecast. Costas did not exclude Marshall, only Gibson. It was made in reference to Gibson not being expected to play in Game One.

Marshall was a rather meh ballplayer. Some good pop from time to time, struck out too much, wasn't particularly clutch, too easily injured. BA was ok, OBP was below average. He was the second best hitter on the 1988 team, which is why Costa's comment was justified.

Typical Marshall, he homered during Game 2, providing insurance runs. Then got injured.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

Congrats to all my fellow Laker fans and LG members who are also Dodgers fans. You all deserve this, after the year we have had. Enjoy it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

Man, I'll be honest...I f'ing hate all the Snell talk. People are talking more about that, than they are the Dodgers winning for the first time in 32 years.

It almost feels like an excuse - that the Dodgers wouldn't have won the World Series if he stayed in. Making it seem like it was literally impossible that we could have eventually scored on him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Still, Turner’s actions are incredibly selfish. Not only did he put those around him at risk—Rosenthal pointed out in a column for The Athletic that Roberts is a cancer survivor, Kenley Jansen has a heart problem and at least one Dodgers player has a wife who is pregnant—he also sent a horrible message to people watching at home.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/10/28/dodgers-justin-turner-world-series-celebration
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Man, I'll be honest...I f'ing hate all the Snell talk. People are talking more about that, than they are the Dodgers winning for the first time in 32 years.

It almost feels like an excuse - that the Dodgers wouldn't have won the World Series if he stayed in. Making it seem like it was literally impossible that we could have eventually scored on him.

Regardless of anyone's stance on whether TB would have won game 6 or not if Snell stayed in, it's irrefutable that taking him out was the turning point in the game. TB was winning 1-0 and a few batters after Snell is taken out, they're now trailing 2-1. That's the fact of the matter and why it's discussed so much.

It's such a big story because it defied all "logic" in a conventional baseball sense. It will blow over after a while. The only way it ever comes up as an "excuse" is from a Dodger-hater. Kind of like Doc Rivers' "They didn't beat our starting 5" excuse.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

If he had stayed in and the Rays force a game 7, then the talk would be about how Turner and the Dodgers destroyed the bubble concept and forced a week long wait between games 6 and 7. Maybe be happy with what happened because it could have been much worse.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

The hitting on the 88 team wasn’t much, but the pitching staff on that team was loaded. The A’s never faced pitching like that before, and it’s one reason their bats went silent.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

If he had stayed in and the Rays force a game 7, then the talk would be about how Turner and the Dodgers destroyed the bubble concept and forced a week long wait between games 6 and 7. Maybe be happy with what happened because it could have been much worse.

If the Rays win game 6, how would Turner and the Dodgers have destroyed the bubble concept?

Were they going to all go out onto the field to celebrate a loss?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

If the Rays win game 6, how would Turner and the Dodgers have destroyed the bubble concept?

Obviously Turner was going to do what he wanted, not what was agreed upon. But there was still contact between him and others in game 6, the protocol would be for all to quarantine.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Obviously Turner was going to do what he wanted, not what was agreed upon. But there was still contact between him and others in game 6, the protocol would be for all to quarantine.

1) Why obviously? If they lose, why is it obvious he won’t just stay in quarantine?

2) If the protocol is for all to quarantine, which is a part of the “bubble concept,” then how would Turner and the Dodgers have “destroyed” that concept?

Are you saying they’ll destroy it by following protocols and quarantining?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

You should be happy the Cardinals didnt meet the Dodgers the past 2 years because it would have been a @ss-whooping to make up for the flukey undeserved wins as the BS inferior team you got in 1985 and 2014......both times eventually leading you guys to lose to an inferior team yourself.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

That ending to game 6 was surreal, it was very close to ended the worst way possible for the Dodgers. MLB could've stepped in during the game and stopped it, forced both team to quarantine right away for 2 weeks. Depend on the test results during quarantine, who knows, maybe the rest of the World Series get canceled and vacate the 2020 WS title. just think about it, that scenario was very realistic of happening.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
That ending to game 6 was surreal, it was very close to ended the worst way possible for the Dodgers. MLB could've stepped in during the game and stopped it, forced both team to quarantine right away for 2 weeks. Depend on the test results during quarantine, who knows, maybe the rest of the World Series get canceled and vacate the 2020 WS title. just think about it, that scenario was very realistic of happening.

There’s precedent though of positive tests during the year. They don’t freak out when there’s only 1.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Just heard this on the radio and I thought it was a good question.

What’s the difference between what JT did and what Clevinger and Plesac did?

Both broke covid protocols. Clevinger and Plesac didn’t get punished (suspended) by MLB.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

So Astros players don't get punished for cheating but they are gonna go hard for JT for posing with his team in a time of celebration. I want some damn consistency MLB.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 297 of 300
Jump to: