Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 298, 299, 300  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Back in first baaaabyyyy.

To make this evening even better, you guys saw the SF Midgets massive choke job giving up a 5 run lead in the 9th to the A's?!

P.S. sorry to ruffle everyone's feathers re: Trout...to me he is gonna always be more TMac/Harden while Mookie is more akin to Kobe. Regular season guy vs. postseason guy there is no comparison. Trout is the best regular season player since Barroids however.

I mean, Trout has had 3 postseason games. There is no way you can draw anything from that at all. It's not his fault his team has been mostly a disaster during his time, with total mismanagement ranging from a total neglect of the farm system until perhaps two years ago, terrible free agent signings and/or extensions (like Upton), an inability to acquire and/or develop top-of-the-rotation starting pitching, an inability to keep pitchers healthy, and, last but not least, an owner who meddles in the operation (or else Stripling and Pederson would be Angels right now).

And a baseball player just doesn't have enough sway on his own to single-handedly affect the fortunes of his team. In basketball, one great player can affect the action so much more because there's only 5 guys on the court and he can have the ball in his hands much of the time on offense, affecting everything.

Another observation from the game tonight is that Treinen is definitely out of sync. His 0.00 ERA coming in was deceptive, as he's been falling behind in counts and having to battle. Finally cost him tonight in that 9th inning. He doesn't have his command yet, which is worrisome because that's what was happening to him last year. I mean, the stuff is there, he's throwing that 97 MPH sinker, but he's just missing too often with it.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject:

The pen tried to food that wild game in SD and again tonight in Ahanheim...doesn't matter the situations or leverage levels all of them have folded. With Trienen on the fritz, now McGee remains the lone Mr. Perfect with his 0.00 ERA but his command was off last time out too.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

P.S. sorry to ruffle everyone's feathers re: Trout...to me he is gonna always be more TMac/Harden while Mookie is more akin to Kobe. Regular season guy vs. postseason guy there is no comparison. Trout is the best regular season player since Barroids however.

??

Are you saying TMac/Harden were better than Kobe in the regular season?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject:

Didn’t expect Barnes to be hitting about 60 points higher than Muncy and Bellinger going into this game.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject:

Bonds didn’t even make the playoffs the year he hit 73 home runs. One player in baseball can only do so much.

In baseball when you make an out, you have to wait a few innings and watch all your teammates get their turn before you get another chance to score. In the NBA, if you miss a shot, you can tell your teammates to give you the damn ball on the next possession. Quarterbacks get the ball with a lot more chances to make plays too.

And even in the NBA, teammates still matter A LOT. Kobe tore up the league in 2006 and 2007 and didn’t win a playoff series after his teams struggled to finish over .500. Kobe knew how to win in those years. Unfortunately his teammates were only good at increasing the chances the team would lose.

When was the last time the Angels had any pitching? I’ve watched them a little bit this season and it seemed like they needed to score constantly to win. And besides Trout (and now Rendon) there isn’t much to be impressed with on that team.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Back in first baaaabyyyy.

To make this evening even better, you guys saw the SF Midgets massive choke job giving up a 5 run lead in the 9th to the A's?!

I mean, Trout has had 3 postseason games. There is no way you can draw anything from that at all. It's not his fault his team has been mostly a disaster during his time, with total mismanagement ranging from a total neglect of the farm system until perhaps two years ago, terrible free agent signings and/or extensions (like Upton), an inability to acquire and/or develop top-of-the-rotation starting pitching, an inability to keep pitchers healthy, and, last but not least, an owner who meddles in the operation (or else Stripling and Pederson would be Angels right now).

And a baseball player just doesn't have enough sway on his own to single-handedly affect the fortunes of his team. In basketball, one great player can affect the action so much more because there's only 5 guys on the court and he can have the ball in his hands much of the time on offense, affecting everything.

OK, Trout is Peyton Manning to Mookie's Tom Brady.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Both didn’t do it as long as Trout has. And Bonds obviously was on the juice in the 2000s. Either way I don’t even care, the fact is Trout is easily in the conversation and can be argued for against anybody. The fact that he’s been called a stat padder from a guy named mookiebetts on this forum is hysterical. He’s an Angel and I don’t care for him. Mookie is my guy ...but guys let’s not get it twisted. Trout is and has been the clear cut best player in the mlb for years.

I would be surprised if Trout isn’t juicing. He is listed at 6’2, 235 pounds. That’s A LOT of weight for that height.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Didn’t expect Barnes to be hitting about 60 points higher than Muncy and Bellinger going into this game.

Great point!

When these guys wake up, they will be on their way to a championship!
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Both didn’t do it as long as Trout has. And Bonds obviously was on the juice in the 2000s. Either way I don’t even care, the fact is Trout is easily in the conversation and can be argued for against anybody. The fact that he’s been called a stat padder from a guy named mookiebetts on this forum is hysterical. He’s an Angel and I don’t care for him. Mookie is my guy ...but guys let’s not get it twisted. Trout is and has been the clear cut best player in the mlb for years.

I would be surprised if Trout isn’t juicing. He is listed at 6’2, 235 pounds. That’s A LOT of weight for that height.

No kidding have a look at that sumo sized neck of his...I smell something fishy with Trouty. Yes I'm biased toward Mookie and The true LA franchise but still.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I’m curious but what exactly does Trout have to do with the Dodgers and why is he a topic of discussion?

What exactly did he do wrong to piss people off? Hit a baseball well?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
I’m curious but what exactly does Trout have to do with the Dodgers and why is he a topic of discussion?

Freeway Series is why and one it passes so will the Trout talk.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

New look today and very lefty heavy, break out the brooms! 🧹 🧹 🧹

M. Betts, RF
C. Seager, DH
M. Muncy, 2B
C. Bellinger, CF
C. Taylor, SS
J. Pederson, LF
E. Rios, 3B
M. Beaty, 1B
K. Ruiz, C

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Freeway Series is why and one it passes so will the Trout talk.

Then this must be the first series of the year because we're 14-7 so it seems like we've played 21 games already.

I don't know what crime Trout committed or what he's done to the Dodgers or Dodger fans. Seems the only crime he's committed is being good at baseball. I can't think of another, can you?

Dude rarely says anything. I haven't heard him say one bad thing about the Dodgers. I don't recall him having any beef against any Dodger players.

I have no idea what he's done to Dodger fans but seems like he's got some of you guys riled up.

I don't recall any Buster Posey talk when we played the Giants, or any Fernando Tatis talk when we played the Padres. All of a sudden, we play 1 game vs. the Angels and there's all this Trout bashing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I can't remember if it was Trout's 3rd season, but it was something like that, and he came into spring training absolutely JACKED. He looked like a damn tank. He was huge. I remember whispers then about how much bigger he had gotten over the previous winter. But that was the only year where he looked like that. He is definitely smaller now than he was in that particular season, even though, of course, he's very well-built and even though an athlete will typically get a little bigger and stronger as he goes from his early 20's to late 20's and beyond.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Muncy gets a day off and now today has walked and hit a go-ahead 2-run single with 2 outs in the 2nd, going the opposite way. Bellinger has also cracked a couple of hits. If they get going, we could start to really roll.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

This ump is garbage.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with Buehler so far. He didn't come prepared and it's showing. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be improving. Thankfully Ferguson stopped the bleeding. Bellingersee s to be coming around. Let's see if they can pull this one out...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with Buehler so far. He didn't come prepared and it's showing. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be improving. Thankfully Ferguson stopped the bleeding. Bellingersee s to be coming around. Let's see if they can pull this one out...

He always starts off a bit slow. If he's spotty like this in a month, then time to worry. For now, I'm not concerned. The stuff/velocity is there.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Barnes got another hit. 8 for his last 18. Alright, I’ve seen enough. Move him up to third in the lineup.

Joe DiMaggio’s hitting streak might be in danger if this wasn’t a 60 game season. Barnes is at 5 games now.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Then this must be the first series of the year because we're 14-7 so it seems like we've played 21 games already.

I don't know what crime Trout committed or what he's done to the Dodgers or Dodger fans. Seems the only crime he's committed is being good at baseball. I can't think of another, can you?

Dude rarely says anything. I haven't heard him say one bad thing about the Dodgers. I don't recall him having any beef against any Dodger players.

I have no idea what he's done to Dodger fans but seems like he's got some of you guys riled up.

I don't recall any Buster Posey talk when we played the Giants, or any Fernando Tatis talk when we played the Padres. All of a sudden, we play 1 game vs. the Angels and there's all this Trout bashing.

I don’t hate Trout. I think a lot of players are juicing. It’s cute that professional leagues have testing so they can pretend they are clean.

I did kind of hate Bomds, but also had to respect him too because he was so good.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been the biggest Jansen supporter but man he looks as good as he ever has. Great outing by him tonight. But somehow I feel that he's feeling me in. Hahahaha Good win the bullpen is back on track.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

He always starts off a bit slow. If he's spotty like this in a month, then time to worry. For now, I'm not concerned. The stuff/velocity is there.

He looks like he should be even better than he is so I can see why he disappoints some people. I have confidence in him, but still watch him pitch and think he should win the Cy Young Award one day.

Overall though the pitching has been great. I haven’t missed Ryu and Hill as much as I thought I would and the other young pitchers have stepped it up.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
I haven't been the biggest Jansen supporter but man he looks as good as he ever has. Great outing by him tonight. But somehow I feel that he's feeling me in. Hahahaha Good win the bullpen is back on track.

Yeah not sure I agree with pitching to Trout there with a base open...I guess you don’t want to put the winning run on base. Easy 3 pitch out but I was nervous.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Yeah not sure I agree with pitching to Trout there with a base open...I guess you don’t want to put the winning run on base. Easy 3 pitch out but I was nervous.

That was the right decision. Rendon kills the Dodgers, and, yes, it would have put the winning run on base. Also, Trout had been 1 for 7 (now 1 for 8) against Jansen with 5 K's (now 6 K's).

I was worried about Jansen when he was sitting at 89-ish with his cutter in his first couple of outings, but he has it back to about 92 now, with the 4-seamer touching 94. As long as he has the movement, that velocity is fine. It's when he's around 89-90 that I worry. It's tough to argue with his results so far. It's not that he's getting lucky, the league is hitting like .150 against him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I don’t hate Trout. I think a lot of players are juicing. It’s cute that professional leagues have testing so they can pretend they are clean.

I did kind of hate Bomds, but also had to respect him too because he was so good.

Yeah, if alot of players are juicing, I've only seen Trout called out for it around here so far.

If it's not hate, then we can use another label that fits. Whatever the label is, seems like Trout elicits strong reactions around here that no other player elicits and I can't figure out why except that he plays baseball really well. Maybe if he didn't play that well, there would be no reactions? For instance, I've never heard reactions about Justin Upton...

There are 28 players on the Angels and only 1 gets talked about. There are around 1,500+ players in the league and only 1 gets talked about around here.

Why the fascination with Trout and ONLY Trout is my question?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 24 of 300
Jump to: