Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 298, 299, 300  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Yes awesome saves by CT3, the true closer (sorry Kenley).

Our lineup has gone for broke without Mookie. Hope his middle finger is all better by Friday as would give him 5 days rest from swinging a bat.

Muncy, JT and both catchers are hurting any chance for long innings. Maybe pull Muncy for Beaty or Rios is this slump goes past the weekend series.

Revised and hopeful order:

Mookie, rf
Seagar, ss
JT, 3b
Bellinger, cf
AJ, dh/lf
Muncy, 1b
Keekay/CT3, 2b
Joc, lf, dh
Smith/Barnes, c

Smith is actually hitting the ball hard, just getting very unlucky so far. He's not overwhelmed in the box, and pitchers don't pitch around the hitter ahead of him in the lineup as a virtual escape hatch to get out of an inning. I'm not saying he's an elite hitter, but we don't need him to be. We just don't want a pitcher hitting lol, which Barnes essentially is.

I like the lineup above a lot, but I think I'd move Joc up. He just continues to mash right-handed pitching, and if they bring in a lefty later in a game and you PH for him, getting him a bit earlier in the lineup could make him more likely to get one more AB against the righty starter.

Hard to make an ideal lineup while factoring in Dave's love for the R/L/R deal but Joc in the 6th hole against RHP sounds best to me.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

In other news, Altuve is now batting .149 on the year
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

The Dodgers optioned McKinstry and Adam Kolarek to get down to the 28-man limit.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Lineup today...I don't mind it!

David Vassegh
@THEREAL_DV
#Dodgers Lineup

Pederson LF
Betts RF
Bellinger CF
Turner DH
Seager SS
Muncy 1B
Taylor 2B
Rios 3B
Smith C

Julio Urias SP
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lineup today...I don't mind it!

David Vassegh
@THEREAL_DV
#Dodgers Lineup

Pederson LF
Betts RF
Bellinger CF
Turner DH
Seager SS
Muncy 1B
Taylor 2B
Rios 3B
Smith C

Julio Urias SP

The Dodger Gods were listening to you.

That is one wicked-arse lineup.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Mookie's back!!

Watch us get shut down even with our Doomsday lineup. Midgets always play out of their minds against us.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Bellinger comes up with 2nd and 3rd nobody out and hits a weak popup to third. Turner comes up and hits a weak flyout to shallow CF. Seager hits a weak flyout to left. Nobody scores.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Seager just walked off the field in the top of the 3rd inning, leaving the game while out there at SS. Looks like a leg issue, and he had been struggling with that before.

Probably won't play tomorrow now. At least we have the DH. I'd DH him for a while once he comes back. Can't take any chances.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Seager just walked off the field in the top of the 3rd inning, leaving the game while out there at SS. Looks like a leg issue, and he had been struggling with that before.

Probably won't play tomorrow now. At least we have the DH. I'd DH him for a while once he comes back. Can't take any chances.

Seager would make Sam Jackson's Mr. Glass character blush. Should've made the Lindor trade prior to the season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Seager would make Sam Jackson's Mr. Glass character blush. Should've made the Lindor trade prior to the season.

Dodgers just announced he came out due to lower back discomfort.

As for the game, we're opening it up a bit on Samardzija now, and Will Smith's 2-run shot has made it 5-1. Urias was effectively wild tonight, so he will only go 4 innings, but at least only allowed the 1 run. He had a lot of 3-ball counts and a 12-pitch AB to Flores, who eventually struck out.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

As for the game, we're opening it up a bit on Samardzija now, and Will Smith's 2-run shot has made it 5-1. Urias was effectively wild tonight, so he will only go 4 innings, but at least only allowed the 1 run. He had a lot of 3-ball counts and a 12-pitch AB to Flores, who eventually struck out.

Yeah short term things should be fine on this mini home stand...Zach or Gavin are ready to go if Corey is shelved for awhile.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah short term things should be fine on this mini home stand...Zach or Gavin are ready to go if Corey is shelved for awhile.

Our versatility gives us a lot of options. Can just plug both Taylor and Kike in. If not both of them, could get Rios in against righties and perhaps have Muncy play second base, or, like tonight, could have Rios play third with Turner DH'ing. Beaty is also an option instead of Rios, though I'd prefer Rios as a starter. As you mentioned, calling up Lux is also an option if they want another lefty bat.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Santana gives up an 0-2 fastball home run to Flores.

Drink!
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Hope y'all enjoyed the Fresh Prince tonight, methinks tomorrow is a Barnsey game with Kersh going.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I’ve probably been Seager’s biggest advocate saying he’s still our best hitter when healthy...but man maybe he’s just one of those guys. Every time this guy gets the ball rolling and is into a groove he gets hurt. Really unfortunate. I hope we are just being super super cautious with him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject:

Rios now has 3 HR this year in 16 AB's and 7 career HR's in just 61 AB's. I think he's going to be Joc's direct replacement in the lineup next season as a lefty masher against righties, if not playing his position. Of course, Rios' homer tonight was off a lefty, and he murdered a Kershaw pitch in the intrasquad games for a homer.

He looks like a decent defensive third baseman, as well. And can play first. Once again, gives us options going forward. If Pollock's hot start turns out to be a mirage, perhaps Rios ends up in the lineup against righties on a regular basis. Or maybe someone gets hurt and he steps in seamlessly.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Rios now has 3 HR this year in 16 AB's and 7 career HR's in just 61 AB's. I think he's going to be Joc's direct replacement in the lineup next season as a lefty masher against righties, if not playing his position. Of course, Rios' homer tonight was off a lefty, and he murdered a Kershaw pitch in the intrasquad games for a homer.

He looks like a decent defensive third baseman, as well. And can play first. Once again, gives us options going forward. If Pollock's hot start turns out to be a mirage, perhaps Rios ends up in the lineup against righties on a regular basis. Or maybe someone gets hurt and he steps in seamlessly.

That's great value for the 21st rated prospect in our organization. It's funny we were talking about this earlier (re: Mitchell White) about when a prospect ranked so low can do damage in the majors. Looks like Rios could fit the bill. I wonder why Rios never really moved up our prospect rankings.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/dodgers

On another note - looking at that list, look how high our recent draftees are ranked:

10) Bobby Miller
11) Clayton Beeter
18) Jake Vogel
19) Landon Knack
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Daily MLB Lineups
@DailyMLBLineup

5m
#Dodgers Lineup 08/08/20

1. Joc Pederson DH
2. Mookie Betts RF
3. Cody Bellinger CF
4. Justin Turner 3B
5. Max Muncy 1B
6. A.J. Pollock LF
7. Chris Taylor SS
8. Enrique Hernandez 2B
9. Austin Barnes C

Starting Pitcher : Clayton Kershaw
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

That's great value for the 21st rated prospect in our organization. It's funny we were talking about this earlier (re: Mitchell White) about when a prospect ranked so low can do damage in the majors. Looks like Rios could fit the bill. I wonder why Rios never really moved up our prospect rankings.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/dodgers

On another note - looking at that list, look how high our recent draftees are ranked:

10) Bobby Miller
11) Clayton Beeter
18) Jake Vogel
19) Landon Knack

I think Rios was a 5th or 6th round pick and I know he was once the Dodgers' minor league player of the year (perhaps in 2016 or 2017). If the team hadn't been so loaded over the past few years, perhaps he would already be an everyday player.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
In other news, Altuve is now batting .149 on the year

I'll bang a trashcan lid to that!
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Does Kershaw tip his pitches ... those back to back homers say yes
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

His fastball just doesn't have much life to it. If he doesn't locate perfectly, that can happen, even to lefties now.

3-3 against the Giants is leaving a couple of wins on the field. I mean, we're going to make the playoffs regardless, but it's frustrating.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

Daily MLB Lineups
@DailyMLBLineup

5m
#Dodgers Lineup 08/09/20

1. Joc Pederson LF
2. Mookie Betts RF
3. Cody Bellinger CF
4. Justin Turner 3B
5. Max Muncy 2B
6. A.J. Pollock DH
7. Matt Beaty 1B
8. Will Smith C
9. Enrique Hernandez SS

Starting Pitcher : Walker Buehler
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

His fastball just doesn't have much life to it. If he doesn't locate perfectly, that can happen, even to lefties now.

3-3 against the Giants is leaving a couple of wins on the field. I mean, we're going to make the playoffs regardless, but it's frustrating.

Giants up 2-0 against us again.

At what point do we just say the Giants have our number this year.

We could be 3-4 vs. the Giants and 7-2 vs. the rest of the league. We could have started out 2-0 vs. them and 1-4 in the last 5, all at home.

They've played us well. They aren't a sure win for us this year. Far from it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 20 of 300
Jump to: