DMV / License Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: DMV / License Help

Hi guys,

I'm an American who lives outside of the country. At the end of 2018 I went into the DMV to replace my driver license (wasn't renewed for like 4 years). Had to take some basic computer test and show ID and I was sent a new license.

Problem is, it got lost in the mail when my family tried to send it to me overseas.

Do I have to go in person again to get another one? My trips to the states are infrequent and this is becoming a pain in the ass.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm an American who lives outside of the country. At the end of 2018 I went into the DMV to replace my driver license (wasn't renewed for like 4 years). Had to take some basic computer test and show ID and I was sent a new license.

Problem is, it got lost in the mail when my family tried to send it to me overseas.

Do I have to go in person again to get another one? My trips to the states are infrequent and this is becoming a pain in the ass.

Not sure which state you’re in, but likely that you should be able to replace a license online provided you do not change the address.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

Not sure which state you’re in, but likely that you should be able to replace a license online provided you do not change the address.

I literally just lost my wallet for the first time two weeks ago. CA DMV had me show up to get a replacement. Totally asinine imo...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

I literally just lost my wallet for the first time two weeks ago. CA DMV had me show up to get a replacement. Totally asinine imo...

Yeah, Washington for me, and I got mine replaced online.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

Depends on the state you are renewing the license for. Also if you are planning to get a Real ID drivers license in California you must visit a DMV office.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

lmao you are screwed son

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I thought I'd lost my drivers license so I called DMV to see if I could get a new one online. I was told I had to go into the office. I live in Los Angeles.

Fortunately I found my license. I had to send a photo copy to a county agency. I left the license in my Epson. When the fog lifted I remembered.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

lakersken80 wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

Depends on the state you are renewing the license for. Also if you are planning to get a Real ID drivers license in California you must visit a DMV office.

SOrry yes, CA, and don't need REAL ID
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
lmao you are screwed son

Chewbacca Cry.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

methdxman wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

SOrry yes, CA, and don't need REAL ID

Says you gotta show up in person to get a replacement.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/dl_info#duplicateID_DL

I guess the only way not to do that is to wait until your current license expires and they send you a renewal letter. Then you can renew by mail or internet.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

They make you take a thumbprint so I don't think you can get it replaced online.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject:

Contact your local embassy and ask
Or your local dmv

It does seem logically that they would cancel your actual original drivers license number and issue you a new card and different number so if anyone found yours and has bad intentions it won't work idunno

Someone has had to have gone through this before and figured out how not to be forced to fly back?

China has had video chat hospitals for many years. Distance verification should be allowable/possible

FWIW when sending sensitive documents always use an Express method because the chain of custody is much more closely monitored and less days in transit usually means less risk.

Good luck.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

They make you take a thumbprint so I don't think you can get it replaced online.

Yep, that's right they did have me do that.

Crazy story is that I was at the Westminster at 3:30 on a Tuesday with no appointment. It was a row of cars trying to park. There was a line still out the door at that point. I was prepared to be there until near closing but somehow I got out of there in 40 minutes. They were on point. A new number was being called almost constantly.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

Crazy story is that I was at the Westminster at 3:30 on a Tuesday with no appointment. It was a row of cars trying to park. There was a line still out the door at that point. I was prepared to be there until near closing but somehow I got out of there in 40 minutes. They were on point. A new number was being called almost constantly.

That one has a working kiosk too. I've gone there several times, passing over closer options because they're so efficient.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

That one has a working kiosk too. I've gone there several times, passing over closer options because they're so efficient.

Leaving time for Pho.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

Omar Little wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

Leaving time for Pho.

our jonnybravo here runs a pho joint

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DMV / License Help

C M B wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Hi guys,

Leaving time for Pho.

our jonnybravo here runs a pho joint

I take back everything I've said about him.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Pho King What The Pho

I went to this amazing place in Washington my best buddy named Sushi-Go-Round 15 years ago.. a little train of different colored dishes rolls by your table and you just grab a dish.. can still ask the waitress to order one for you etc also
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: