Dame Angela Brigid Lansbury DBE (10/16/1925 - 10/11/2022)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Dame Angela Brigid Lansbury DBE (10/16/1925 - 10/11/2022)

Quote:
Angela Lansbury, a versatile actor who wowed generations of fans as a murderous baker, a singing teapot, a Soviet spy and a small-town sleuth among a host of other memorable roles, died on Tuesday, her family announced. She was 96.

“The children of Dame Angela Lansbury are sad to announce that their mother died peacefully in her sleep at home in Los Angeles at 1:30 AM today, Tuesday, October 11, 2022, just five days shy of her 97th birthday," her family said in a statement.

The London-born actor took her life’s final bow as one of the most decorated players in stage history.

Lansbury won five Tony Awards, most recently in 2009 for best featured actress in a play for her work in Noel Coward’s “Blithe Spirit.”

Quote:
Shows like “Murder, She Wrote” ushered in a new era of television with more female players taking lead roles on America’s small screen. The TV academy nominated Lansbury for 12 Emmys for “Murder,” although she never took home the trophy.

Lansbury was inducted into the TV Hall of Fame in 1996.

“‘Murder, She Wrote’ has given me more worldwide attention than any other role I played in the movies or on the stage,” she said in 2013 while receiving an honorary Academy Award. “It’s a wonderful thing to be known in Spain, Portugal, in Paris, in France and Germany and everywhere.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/angela-lansbury-murder-wrote-beauty-beast-star-dies-96-rcna42421
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject:

A true queen. May she rest in peace.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
A true queen. May she rest in peace.

Just a legendary talent. Damn. I thought she was in good health last year but I guess it just shows how quickly things can go downhill once you get to such an advanced age. May she RIP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I remember her mostly for 12 seasons of Murder She Wrote. I vaguely remember her in a western movie Lawless Streets, she was a saloon singer, singing in Western Tights . Angela had a nice figure in her younger days. RIP.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Legend.

I knew this day would come but I'm still surprised she was so vibrant even now.

I didn't realize how iconic she was beyond Murder She Wrote I just saw her as Jessica Fletcher.

Rest Well Queen.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Fug, I was just mourning her imminent demise a few days ago. RIP. Beautiful artist.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I remember her mostly for 12 seasons of Murder She Wrote. I vaguely remember her in a western movie Lawless Streets, she was a saloon singer, singing in Western Tights . Angela had a nice figure in her younger days. RIP.

Never got the Angela thing. Only production I remember her in was one of the 80s many werewolf adjacent projects circa 84 called "A Company Of Wolves". It was also one of the 80s' many fairy tale adjacent projects. It was a send-up of Little Red Riding Hood. Haven't seen it since the 80s, tho. I have the same blindspot for Dame Judy Dench. I don't know if it's coincidence or some spite I have for blatantly British golden girls. Helen Mirren might qualify as one now, but as I stated before, I've seen Caligula 79 (X rated). Helen was a looker in her heyday. That was a surprising realization.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: