Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Chiefs came to a contract agreement with Chris Jones, where he gets $60MM guaranteed. I thought for sure they'd move on from him after this year. Not so. Big move for them.

I thought he'd get more than that.

He probably could have if he had just signed his tender and had another great year this year. Then again, who knows what contracts will look like a year from now due to the pandemic. They may not even play this year, for all we know.

I neglected to mention the Myles Garrett contract, where he got "5 years, $125MM", but the guaranteed number there is apparently $100MM. There must be language that his contract can be terminated if he has another suspension for a similar incident as the one last season, or else they are dumb as hell.

Also, the Titans locked up Derrick Henry in what seems like a fair deal for both sides. He gets "4 years, $50MM", with $25.5MM guaranteed, which essentially amounts to two guaranteed years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

I think Cam will win the starting job in New England. If he does this is his best and last shot at starting in the NFL.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

Bad year to try to make an NFL team, no preseason and season is questionable.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I feel really bad for those guys that were undrafted FA signings....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I think Cam will win the starting job in New England. If he does this is his best and last shot at starting in the NFL.

I think it is definitely his job to start the season. I know everyone will say Belichick will allow them to compete openly for the job, but I am not buying it....Cam was the dang MVP 4 seasons ago and is only 31 year old. He is under center in Game 1. I personally expect him to keep the job, but he will have to perform to keep the job because i do think Belichick would pull him in Week 4-6 if he is just not performing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I feel really bad for those guys that were undrafted FA signings....

Yep, that was who I was referring to....usually they had an opportunity to make the team and compete for a roster spot thru those preseason games. Since this year looks to be questionable, we might not get a season depending on whatever mitigation measures they take and definitely no preseason now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think it is definitely his job to start the season. I know everyone will say Belichick will allow them to compete openly for the job, but I am not buying it....Cam was the dang MVP 4 seasons ago and is only 31 year old. He is under center in Game 1. I personally expect him to keep the job, but he will have to perform to keep the job because i do think Belichick would pull him in Week 4-6 if he is just not performing.

If Cam out performs Tom when they meet at Gillette Stadium, Foxborough this season it's gonna reignite the discussion who's better without who relating to Tom and Bill. They meet the 3rd game of the season. LINK

Tom has a better team around him. Cam's gonna have to be the Cam that did the opening the shirt superman impression. If that's not a nationally televised game it will be a travesty.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If Cam out performs Tom when they meet at Gillette Stadium, Foxborough this season it's gonna reignite the discussion who's better without who relating to Tom and Bill. They meet the 3rd game of the season. LINK

Tom has a better team around him. Cam's gonna have to be the Cam that did the opening the (bleep) superman impression. If that's not a nationally televised game it will be a tragedy.

It certainly would be an interesting game to watch. Cam is going to have a hard time moving New England through the air as the WRs were low fourth quartile, and the TEs the absolute worst in the NFL last season. Brady's going to be challenged as he's going to face the best defensive backfield in the NFL. Tampa Bay's running game was tepid last season, but they they'll be facing a questionable front seven.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Tom has a better team around him. Cam's gonna have to be the Cam that did the opening the (bleep) superman impression. If that's not a nationally televised game it will be a tragedy.

It certainly would be an interesting game to watch. Cam is going to have a hard time moving New England through the air as the WRs were low fourth quartile, and the TEs the absolute worst in the NFL last season. Brady's going to be challenged as he's going to face the best defensive backfield in the NFL. Tampa Bay's running game was tepid last season, but they they'll be facing a questionable front seven.

Correction: The (bleep) was supposed to be shirt. Tragedy was supposed to be travesty. I didn't proof read. Didn't take notice until I read ap's post.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

My guess is that Mike Evans gets the Stephon Gilmore treatment, and that Brady spends the day throwing to Chris Godwin, his tight ends, and running backs. In other words, business as usual for TB12.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

My guess is that Mike Evans gets the Stephon Gilmore treatment, and that Brady spends the day throwing to Chris Godwin, his tight ends, and running backs. In other words, business as usual for TB12.

Gronk will be tested to see how much he has left. He won't play a lot but he will be targeted.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Gronk will be tested to see how much he has left. He won't play a lot but he will be targeted.

And even if it's not Gronk, Brady will get OJ Howard and/or Cameron Brate involved as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

And even if it's not Gronk, Brady will get OJ Howard and/or Cameron Brate involved as well.

Brate and Howard will be targeted because they are #1 #2 receivers. It'll be the 3 game of the season so I guess by then they'll know what Gronk's about.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

Gronk will probably be hurt by then
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Gronk will probably be hurt by then

LINK LINK

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/25/jets-trade-jamal-adams-to-seahawks/

Quote:
The Jets have traded Adams, the disgruntled Pro Bowl safety, to the Seahawks for a package that includes two first-round draft picks.

The full details of the trade: Adams and a 2022 fourth-round draft pick go to Seattle, while a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick and safety Bradley McDougald go to New York.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Who will start for New England? Cam Newton or Stidham?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

My guess would be Cam
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

My guess would be Cam
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

My guess would be Cam

Definitely Cam.

I watched Stidham last preseason. Better arm talent than advertised, good accuracy, but a terribly slow processor. You could attribute some of that to the complexity of the New England playbook, but he would have to make a quantum leap at making his reads.

Cam better be in great physical shape. Marcus Cannon, their starting RT just opted out due to the pandemic. They'll have to evaluate Cajuste, who didn't play last season due to a prolonged recovery from early Spring '19 surgery. They also might have to consider moving Thuney from LG to RT. And their starting C Andrews is returning after having missed last season due to a pulmonary embolism. That too is a huge question mark.

On defense, things just got worse. Hightower opted out, which means only one true LB returns from last season, which is Bentley, who played something like 20% of the snaps (I'm not counting the EDGE defenders). As I stated earlier, the New England defensive backfield remains the best in the NFL, but that front 7 might end up being the worst in recent team history.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

My guess would be Cam

Definitely Cam.

I watched Stidham last preseason. Better arm talent than advertised, good accuracy, but a terribly slow processor. You could attribute some of that to the complexity of the New England playbook, but he would have to make a quantum leap at making his reads.

Cam better be in great physical shape. Marcus Cannon, their starting RT just opted out due to the pandemic. They'll have to evaluate Cajuste, who didn't play last season due to a prolonged recovery from early Spring '19 surgery. They also might have to consider moving Thuney from LG to RT. And their starting C Andrews is returning after having missed last season due to a pulmonary embolism. That too is a huge question mark.

On defense, things just got worse. Hightower opted out, which means only one true LB returns from last season, which is Bentley, who played something like 20% of the snaps (I'm not counting the EDGE defenders). As I stated earlier, the New England defensive backfield remains the best in the NFL, but that front 7 might end up being the worst in recent team history.

They've lost A LOT of talent, and coaching can only take you so far. The offensive skill players have to be among the worst in the league, easily bottom-5. I have the Bills as the division favorite.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

My guess would be Cam

Definitely Cam.

They've lost A LOT of talent, and coaching can only take you so far. The offensive skill players have to be among the worst in the league, easily bottom-5. I have the Bills as the division favorite.

Bills seem to be the popular pick. Is Miami really ready to take a jump? Probably not right away with the rookie QB and no one knows what the Jets are doing.

Honestly, if I was betting as of today as to who would win that division...I would still pick New England even with Hightower opting out of the season. Bills are coming though for sure.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject:

^
I know Miami finished last season fairly well, but that was with absolutely no pressure at all. They did make some good free agent additions on defense, but Ryan Fitzpatrick can always bomb at any moment, and who knows if Tua is ready. And the offensive line is still a major work in progress, even if they added some potential there during the draft. In a best-case scenario, maybe they go 8-8 and both the Bills and Pats go 8-8 and the Jets continue to suck. They have a chance to turn it around fairly quickly, though, if Tua hits and if they just continue to build through the draft and make some good free agent signings here and there.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu and others, who do you like in the NFC West assuming the season happens?

Very interesting division.

I will go with Seattle.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu and others, who do you like in the NFC West assuming the season happens?

Very interesting division.

I will go with Seattle.

Seattle always has a chance with Wilson and Adams just improved the secondary considerably, but I'll still go with SF. That offense just works with Shanahan scheming, they have a good O-line (wisely got Williams during the draft from Washington), and their defense is sound. I suppose you could argue that with Deebo Samuel out, WR could be a concern, and I think that's fair criticism.

I think you have to have the Rams clearly behind those 2 teams. Some defensive losses, coaching staff losses, and they did basically nothing to address the O-line during free agency or the draft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 22 of 27
Jump to: