2020 NFL Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38783
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Jags do not pick up the 5th year option on Fournette.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Right now I would take Hill over Winston, hopefully Payton can work his magic.


ChickenStu wrote:
Taysom Hill isn't a down-to-down QB. He's a gadget player. If they thought he was, they wouldn't have signed Winston in the first place.


venturalakersfan wrote:
They do think so and only signed Winston for one season. Hill hasn’t played much because they have Brees. Maybe they hit gold with Winston but more than likely he becomes another Bridgewater and moves on after the season. It is more than likely that he is nothing more than a reclamation project. Payton has shown the ability to develop QBs since the Giant and Cowboy days.



venturalakersfan wrote:
I’m not sure who is telling you that but it isn’t the Saints. If Hill was 25 instead of 30 he would be the heir apparent. But he is 30 and they are giving Winston a shot to potentially be that.



Seems like you are arguing both sides of the fence...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Andy Dalton just got more money than Jameis Winston

Quote:
Cowboys, QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on one-year deal

The quarterback's deal has a base value of $3 million and could be worth up to $7 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Right now I would take Hill over Winston, hopefully Payton can work his magic.


ChickenStu wrote:
Taysom Hill isn't a down-to-down QB. He's a gadget player. If they thought he was, they wouldn't have signed Winston in the first place.


venturalakersfan wrote:
They do think so and only signed Winston for one season. Hill hasn’t played much because they have Brees. Maybe they hit gold with Winston but more than likely he becomes another Bridgewater and moves on after the season. It is more than likely that he is nothing more than a reclamation project. Payton has shown the ability to develop QBs since the Giant and Cowboy days.



venturalakersfan wrote:
I’m not sure who is telling you that but it isn’t the Saints. If Hill was 25 instead of 30 he would be the heir apparent. But he is 30 and they are giving Winston a shot to potentially be that.



Seems like you are arguing both sides of the fence...


I guess if you lack reading comprehension. Hill is the better option right now, he can play every down and the Saints are looking at him as the backup to Brees. But he is over 30 so he isn’t a long term answer to replace Brees in a few years. That might be Winston or it might be Stevens.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I guess if you lack reading comprehension.

....he isn’t a long term answer to replace Brees in a few years. That might be Winston or it might be Stevens.


If you want to speak about lack of reading comprehension...

May I ask, who exactly are you arguing against? And when did the conversation touch upon Hill being the heir apparent?

Can you kindly point me to the person that's arguing that Hill is the heir apparent?

Thanks...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44230

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jags do not pick up the 5th year option on Fournette.


Seems like a locker room lawyer.

I don't need activists, I need guys ready to answer the call.

Jags on point here in my opinion.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38783
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Andy Dalton just got more money than Jameis Winston

Quote:
Cowboys, QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on one-year deal

The quarterback's deal has a base value of $3 million and could be worth up to $7 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.


I am getting a vibe that you are one of those guys that "feels" if you just continue to post one variable enough, others will either give up or agree with you? By your logic, Cam Newton is worse than all of them because he has not been paid anything at this point? It is clear you have an issue with Winston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Andy Dalton just got more money than Jameis Winston

Quote:
Cowboys, QB Andy Dalton reach agreement on one-year deal

The quarterback's deal has a base value of $3 million and could be worth up to $7 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.


I am getting a vibe that you are one of those guys that "feels" if you just continue to post one variable enough, others will either give up or agree with you? By your logic, Cam Newton is worse than all of them because he has not been paid anything at this point? It is clear you have an issue with Winston.


It's not my logic...

I'm trying to figure out what the 32 teams' logic is...

Like I said, something's missing and I don't understand...

I know that you and Chickenstu tell me how great and a rare talent that Winston is.

I know one team gave Dalton $3M and another team gave Winston $1.1M.

I'm trying to reconcile this. I don't know what the logic is. I'm trying to figure out what the teams' logic is.

My logic is, somehow, things make sense if you have all the info. So far, Winston being such a rare talent and only getting $1.1M doesn't make any sense...

Now, if you want to move on about Cam Newton and tell me how great and a rare talent he is, well, be my guest.

But honestly, you shouldn't be disputing with me. You should be disputing with the GMs of these 32 teams. If you think I have a problem with Winston, then you should talk to these 32 teams.

Personally, I think Winston is worth more than $1.1M. But somehow, that's all he can get from these 32 teams.

So yeah, my advice to you is email these 32 teams and ask them "what's up? Why you giving my boy with these rare talents only $1.1M?"

Or maybe his agent is the problem? You and Chickenstu sound like you'd make better agents for Winston. So, maybe the 2 of you can apply for a sports agent license and represent Winston and help him get more than $1.1M? Sounds like you guys really believe in his talents and maybe you can get other NFL teams to believe in his talents as much as the 2 of you do. I don't know. It could be as simple as Andy Dalton just has a much better agent than Winston. I wouldn't even argue that Dalton is better than Winston, but somehow, he got 3x the amount of money.

Whatever it is, I'm not the issue though. I don't hand out checks. Somehow, his agent didn't sell his talents to the other 32 teams that well. All he could do is "negotiate" the ABSOLUTE min contract for his client. I'm sure you guys would have gotten Winston more. I'm pretty sure about that.

Here's a question for you, if you were Cam Newton's agent right now, you think you can land him a job? I'm sure you can...

Anyways, if you don’t believe me that something is fishy when Dalton gets $3M n Winston only gets $1.1M, maybe you’ll believe Donovan McNab who just played the race card:

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-news-donovan-mcnabb-takes-issue-with-andy-dalton-signing/

Quote:

Donovan McNabb

@donovanjmcnabb
So @andydalton14 signs a 1 year deal for up to 7 million, if he reaches possible incentives. @Jaboowins signs a 1 year deal for 1 million. @dak can’t seem to get his contract he deserves & @CameronNewton is still on the street. Anyone have any questions??🤔🤔🤔 Am I the only one?


Quote:
Still, at 26 years old, Winston is worth more than Dalton, but their new contracts say differently after the Cowboys inked Dalton to a big contract.


Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon May 04, 2020 12:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I guess if you lack reading comprehension.

....he isn’t a long term answer to replace Brees in a few years. That might be Winston or it might be Stevens.


If you want to speak about lack of reading comprehension...

May I ask, who exactly are you arguing against? And when did the conversation touch upon Hill being the heir apparent?

Can you kindly point me to the person that's arguing that Hill is the heir apparent?

Thanks...


I’m not arguing anything, simply giving opinions on a message board. Sorry if that confuses you.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I guess if you lack reading comprehension.

....he isn’t a long term answer to replace Brees in a few years. That might be Winston or it might be Stevens.


If you want to speak about lack of reading comprehension...

May I ask, who exactly are you arguing against? And when did the conversation touch upon Hill being the heir apparent?

Can you kindly point me to the person that's arguing that Hill is the heir apparent?

Thanks...


I’m not arguing anything, simply giving opinions on a message board. Sorry if that confuses you.


No worries. Your struggles with reading comprehension isn't any of my business anyways. Good luck with that.

At least now I know you like to debate against yourself or no one in particular. That's good to know from now on. It does make sense why you're always all over the place with your takes when responding to people...

Now I know you're just talking to yourself basically.


Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon May 04, 2020 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44230

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

I don't know if any of you read this story on Alex Smith, but I was horrified when I read it and saw the pictures.

I had heard his injury was so bad that amputation was considered and honestly I had thought it was typical media hype. But not in this instance.

This is an example of why I never criticize NFL players for trying to get more guaranteed money, they literally are putting their bodies at risk of trauma every time they take the field.

This one is not for the faint of heart, I warn you:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29112995/alex-smith-comeback-fight-save-qb-leg-life
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I don't know if any of you read this story on Alex Smith, but I was horrified when I read it and saw the pictures.

I had heard his injury was so bad that amputation was considered and honestly I had thought it was typical media hype. But not in this instance.

This is an example of why I never criticize NFL players for trying to get more guaranteed money, they literally are putting their bodies at risk of trauma every time they take the field.

This one is not for the faint of heart, I warn you:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29112995/alex-smith-comeback-fight-save-qb-leg-life


And another reason why it's so perplexing that a rare talent such as Winston would negotiate to play for $1.1M this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20924
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

^
You're making it really hard to criticize the post and not the poster. You've gone on a campaign of obnoxiousness and it's not cool. I've already stated my belief that he took less money to go to a situation where the payoff could eventually be much higher. He's going to a situation where the starting QB is probably going into the final year of his career and where the other QB on the roster is a gadget player who may or may not be an actual QB option. And if he impresses, maybe he gets the keys to their offense next year. That's the upside. If not, OK, he looks for a new team next season. We don't know what teams he was talking with. We don't know what was offered.

As for commenting about his talent, I have been very critical of his play on here before, namely that you simply can't continue to turn the ball over, as that's the #1 stat that seems to determine wins and losses in NFL games. In recent days, I have talked about rare arm talent, yes. Obviously, there is a lot more to playing QB than just arm talent. Anyway, as I said before, he's already banked $42MM in his career. We aren't talking about offers of $20MM for this year for this guy. It's quite possible he took a little bit less to get himself in a situation where he and his agent think that there's real upside.

It's one thing to disagree with opinions, but the obnoxiousness is unnecessary.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I don't know if any of you read this story on Alex Smith, but I was horrified when I read it and saw the pictures.

I had heard his injury was so bad that amputation was considered and honestly I had thought it was typical media hype. But not in this instance.

This is an example of why I never criticize NFL players for trying to get more guaranteed money, they literally are putting their bodies at risk of trauma every time they take the field.

This one is not for the faint of heart, I warn you:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29112995/alex-smith-comeback-fight-save-qb-leg-life


I saw the pictures. I had thought that my son’s knee x-ray was pretty gross but it has nothing on Smith’s injury.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
You're making it really hard to criticize the post and not the poster. You've gone on a campaign of obnoxiousness and it's not cool. I've already stated my belief that he took less money to go to a situation where the payoff could eventually be much higher. He's going to a situation where the starting QB is probably going into the final year of his career and where the other QB on the roster is a gadget player who may or may not be an actual QB option. And if he impresses, maybe he gets the keys to their offense next year. That's the upside. If not, OK, he looks for a new team next season. We don't know what teams he was talking with. We don't know what was offered.

As for commenting about his talent, I have been very critical of his play on here before, namely that you simply can't continue to turn the ball over, as that's the #1 stat that seems to determine wins and losses in NFL games. In recent days, I have talked about rare arm talent, yes. Obviously, there is a lot more to playing QB than just arm talent. Anyway, as I said before, he's already banked $42MM in his career. We aren't talking about offers of $20MM for this year for this guy. It's quite possible he took a little bit less to get himself in a situation where he and his agent think that there's real upside.

It's one thing to disagree with opinions, but the obnoxiousness is unnecessary.


Yeah if you feel I’m being obnoxious then that’s how you feel. Everyone has a posting style and this is mines. I don’t get personal, I I stay on topic, and I tend to drive home a point...

It’s up to you whether you want to continue, criticize, respond, or ignore. Either way, that’s just my style and I don’t take it personal.

As for why Winston took the $1.1M, I’ve addressed that as well. Why he took the money is only one side of the story. To complete the story, you also have to ask:

1) Why couldn’t he have gotten more? All around the league, other QBs are getting more. Why was Winston forced to choose between $1.1M or nothing from NO? This is also a valid question?

2) Why did NO only offer $1.1M? What was their plans for a backup QB if Winston did not accept? This is an extremely lowball offer. Why were they so sure Winston would accept? $1.1M buys you Brian Hoyer. This is also a valid question.

3) You said Hill is not a viable backup. If he’s not why did NO offer him so much money? We know that NO has paid a hefty price in the past for Bridgewater to backup Brees. This year, they blow that money on Hill. You tell us Hill can not be a backup, Winston is the backup. Yet, they only allot $1.1M to go find a backup to Brees, which you say they found in Winston. This also doesn’t add up. The planning doesn’t add up. What were their plans if Winston turns them down? We see Dalton get $3M...

So yeah, the reason why Winston is willing to accept $1.1M doesn’t tell the whole story. There’s other questions as to why and how it got to that point. Even Donovan McNabb is questioning why Winston was only able to get $1.1M. He blames it on race. I wouldn’t go there. But there’s a reason why. I don’t know why, but there’s got to be a reason why.

It’d be like if your boss asked you to take a $5 paycut tomorrow. Sure, you’d do it. But you’re going to ask why it was necessary for you to take less..

Likewise here, why was it necessary for Winston to take $1.1M is my main question. Because if everything you and Adkindo say about Winston is true, then it would/should not have been necessary for him to take $1.1M from NO...

Just like they never forced Bridgewater to play for $1.1M in his 2 years there...

These are questions I’ve asked over and over which you never answered...

So call it obnoxious if you wish, but they are valid questions (at least to me)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
You're making it really hard to criticize the post and not the poster. You've gone on a campaign of obnoxiousness and it's not cool. I've already stated my belief that he took less money to go to a situation where the payoff could eventually be much higher. He's going to a situation where the starting QB is probably going into the final year of his career and where the other QB on the roster is a gadget player who may or may not be an actual QB option. And if he impresses, maybe he gets the keys to their offense next year. That's the upside. If not, OK, he looks for a new team next season. We don't know what teams he was talking with. We don't know what was offered.

As for commenting about his talent, I have been very critical of his play on here before, namely that you simply can't continue to turn the ball over, as that's the #1 stat that seems to determine wins and losses in NFL games. In recent days, I have talked about rare arm talent, yes. Obviously, there is a lot more to playing QB than just arm talent. Anyway, as I said before, he's already banked $42MM in his career. We aren't talking about offers of $20MM for this year for this guy. It's quite possible he took a little bit less to get himself in a situation where he and his agent think that there's real upside.

It's one thing to disagree with opinions, but the obnoxiousness is unnecessary.


Yeah if you feel I’m being obnoxious then that’s how you feel. Everyone has a posting style and this is mines. I don’t get personal, I I stay on topic, and I tend to drive home a point...

It’s up to you whether you want to continue, criticize, respond, or ignore. Either way, that’s just my style and I don’t take it personal.

As for why Winston took the $1.1M, I’ve addressed that as well. Why he took the money is only one side of the story. To complete the story, you also have to ask:

1) Why couldn’t he have gotten more? All around the league, other QBs are getting more. Why was Winston forced to choose between $1.1M or nothing from NO? This is also a valid question?

2) Why did NO only offer $1.1M? What was their plans for a backup QB if Winston did not accept? This is an extremely lowball offer. Why were they so sure Winston would accept? $1.1M buys you Brian Hoyer. This is also a valid question.

3) You said Hill is not a viable backup. If he’s not why did NO offer him so much money? We know that NO has paid a hefty price in the past for Bridgewater to backup Brees. This year, they blow that money on Hill. You tell us Hill can not be a backup, Winston is the backup. Yet, they only allot $1.1M to go find a backup to Brees, which you say they found in Winston. This also doesn’t add up. The planning doesn’t add up. What were their plans if Winston turns them down? We see Dalton get $3M...

So yeah, the reason why Winston is willing to accept $1.1M doesn’t tell the whole story. There’s other questions as to why and how it got to that point. Even Donovan McNabb is questioning why Winston was only able to get $1.1M. He blames it on race. I wouldn’t go there. But there’s a reason why. I don’t know why, but there’s got to be a reason why.

It’d be like if your boss asked you to take a $5 paycut tomorrow. Sure, you’d do it. But you’re going to ask why it was necessary for you to take less..

Likewise here, why was it necessary for Winston to take $1.1M is my main question. Because if everything you and Adkindo say about Winston is true, then it would not have been necessary for him to take $1.1M from NO...

Just like they never forced Bridgewater to play for $1.1M in his 2 years there...

These are questions I’ve asked over and over which you never answered...

So call it obnoxious if you wish, but they are valid questions (at least to me)...


1. Who knows what other offers he had. NO offered $1.1 mil and he accepted, saying that he wants to learn from Payton and Brees.

2. NO offered a contract that allowed them to have enough cap space for FAs and their draft picks. Hill is the backup QB on their depth chart, he has always been the plan to back Brees up.

3. This one makes me question if you watch the Saints play very often. Hillbilly is a valuable offensive player for them. If Brees is playing they like getting Hill 15-20 touches per game. He is being paid what he is because of his value to the offense. In the past he was used on special teams as well but he likely will only be playing offense this upcoming season.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6547

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1. Who knows what other offers he had. NO offered $1.1 mil and he accepted, saying that he wants to learn from Payton and Brees.


We don’t know. We may never know. We’ll probably never know..

But any answer as to how and why Winston ended up playing in NO for $1.1M must include this question.

Quote:
2. NO offered a contract that allowed them to have enough cap space for FAs and their draft picks. Hill is the backup QB on their depth chart, he has always been the plan to back Brees up.


Which is the only conclusion I can come up with that makes sense. Hill must have been the backup in their plans for this year. They did not allocate any extra money to sign any other backup QB. All they had left was $1.1M which they offered to Winston which he ended up accepting. But if he doesn’t they stick to their plan that Hill is their backup.

Quote:
3. This one makes me question if you watch the Saints play very often. Hillbilly is a valuable offensive player for them. If Brees is playing they like getting Hill 15-20 touches per game. He is being paid what he is because of his value to the offense. In the past he was used on special teams as well but he likely will only be playing offense this upcoming season.


This is not my argument. It is my rebuttal to the premise that Hill is only a “gadget” QB and can not be a backup QB.

There is a reason why they paid Hill what they paid him. Obviously they like and value him alot.

So it made no sense to me that others were saying he’s only a gadget QB that couldn’t be the backup QB and was paid an insanely amount of money for no reason.

There’s a reason NO paid Hill $21M and Winston $1.1M...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
1. Who knows what other offers he had. NO offered $1.1 mil and he accepted, saying that he wants to learn from Payton and Brees.


We don’t know. We may never know. We’ll probably never know..

But any answer as to how and why Winston ended up playing in NO for $1.1M must include this question.

Quote:
2. NO offered a contract that allowed them to have enough cap space for FAs and their draft picks. Hill is the backup QB on their depth chart, he has always been the plan to back Brees up.


Which is the only conclusion I can come up with that makes sense. Hill must have been the backup in their plans for this year. They did not allocate any extra money to sign any other backup QB. All they had left was $1.1M which they offered to Winston which he ended up accepting. But if he doesn’t they stick to their plan that Hill is their backup.

Quote:
3. This one makes me question if you watch the Saints play very often. Hillbilly is a valuable offensive player for them. If Brees is playing they like getting Hill 15-20 touches per game. He is being paid what he is because of his value to the offense. In the past he was used on special teams as well but he likely will only be playing offense this upcoming season.


This is not my argument. It is my rebuttal to the premise that Hill is only a “gadget” QB and can not be a backup QB.

There is a reason why they paid Hill what they paid him. Obviously they like and value him alot.

So it made no sense to me that others were saying he’s only a gadget QB that couldn’t be the backup QB and was paid an insanely amount of money for no reason.

There’s a reason NO paid Hill $21M and Winston $1.1M...


I can get where you are coming from. And yes, Payton greatly values Hill while Winston is a reclamation project. Hill is the pickup truck, to drive when the family sedan is in the shop. Winston is the ‘68 Chevelle in the garage with the valve covers pulled.

You can probably tell that I’m a big Saints fan, from living in South Louisiana in the 1980’s. I’m not sure how old you are but it was the era when fans wore paper bags on their heads. To top it off, Sean Payton was our QB my last two years in college.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20924
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

The Saints do, indeed, release Larry Warford. He should land on his feet pretty quickly.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 11562

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

That's the most people have written about Winston on a message board not involving crab legs.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38783
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Saints do, indeed, release Larry Warford. He should land on his feet pretty quickly.


I would take him over Alex Cappa @ RG....but I doubt Tampa makes that move.....Warford, Wirfs and Gronk would make a nice right side of the line to run behind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Saints do, indeed, release Larry Warford. He should land on his feet pretty quickly.


The Bears have contacted him. I listened to a Saints podcast with Eric McCoy, he said that due to limited practice time, he should move to guard and allow Ruiz to remain at center.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137255
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I read an interesting tidbit today, when setting up the schedule the NFL set so that the 3 California teams can play home games in Las Vegas if the State won’t allow them to play here.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20924
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
The Saints do, indeed, release Larry Warford. He should land on his feet pretty quickly.


The Bears have contacted him. I listened to a Saints podcast with Eric McCoy, he said that due to limited practice time, he should move to guard and allow Ruiz to remain at center.


The Bears absolutely make sense for him, yes. Big hole after Long retired. They took 2 guards in the draft, but both were 7th Round choices.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 23515

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/emmitt-smith-says-1990s-dallas-cowboys-documentary-could-be-in-the-works/ar-BB13ZRsE?li=BBnba9I

Quote:
Emmitt Smith says 1990s Dallas Cowboys documentary could be in the works


Emmitt Smith says 1990s Dallas Cowboys documentary could be in the works
Fans have been enjoying themselves on Sunday nights watching ESPN’s “The Last Dance.” In light of that, many have talked about other teams they’d love to see documentaries on. Among them is the incredible 1990s Dallas Cowboys squad featuring Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman.

Emmitt Smith looking at the camera: The Hall of Famer probably made quite a few NFL fans happy with this hint..
And we may just get that sometime in the near future.

Speaking with 105.3 The Fan Tuesday, Smith was asked about whether there could be a documentary about the 1990s Cowboys. His response was eye-opening, to say the least.


Eric Chiofalo
@ChiofaloSports
“Who’s to say it’s not already in the works...” @EmmittSmith22 with us on @1053thefan talking about a Last Dance style 90’s Cowboys documentary 👀👀👀

56
8:20 PM - May 12, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Eric Chiofalo's other Tweets
That team not only won three Super Bowls in four years but also features some of the wildest characters of the era. Some of the stories that have come out since that time indicate a documentary would be enlightening, indeed.

Needless to say, from all of us here: “Yes please.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB