If you walked into a room, and then walked out of it 10 years into the past. What would you do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: If you walked into a room, and then walked out of it 10 years into the past. What would you do?

I'd look at the stock market. Check the prices and invest accordingly.
What would you do?
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 22119
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: If you walked into a room, and then walked out of it 10 years into the past. What would you do?

kikanga wrote:
I'd look at the stock market. Check the prices and invest accordingly.
What would you do?


Gotta do the plot of Back To The Future Part II.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: If you walked into a room, and then walked out of it 10 years into the past. What would you do?

ChickenStu wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'd look at the stock market. Check the prices and invest accordingly.
What would you do?


Gotta do the plot of Back To The Future Part II.


I’m ashamed to admit it. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of those movies. What do u mean?
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27180

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: If you walked into a room, and then walked out of it 10 years into the past. What would you do?

kikanga wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'd look at the stock market. Check the prices and invest accordingly.
What would you do?


Gotta do the plot of Back To The Future Part II.


I’m ashamed to admit it. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of those movies. What do u mean?



Betting. Cha-ching.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3644
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

Buy bitcoins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject:

Aside from acting on financial hindsight,

-attend every single Lakers game to savor the great Kobe Bryant's ride into the sunset

-take better care of my boyhood car. I could've easily gotten another 100k+ out of that monster with a little more maintenance

-pay the 90€ to take a singing gondola ride when I visited Venice in 2011. I talked myself into thinking it was an overpriced tourist trap

-tell a couple of people that they meant the world to me before they died

-use bot farms to promulgate the perception that social media use is strictly an activity for people of low status
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 11951

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

I'd take my meds. . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 22119
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: If you walked into a room, and then walked out of it 10 years into the past. What would you do?

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'd look at the stock market. Check the prices and invest accordingly.
What would you do?


Gotta do the plot of Back To The Future Part II.


I’m ashamed to admit it. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of those movies. What do u mean?



Betting. Cha-ching.


Haha, yes. For kikanga, in Part II, Marty and Doc go to the future (in 2015) and Marty buys a Sports Almanac which has all the scores of every major sporting event from 1950 to 2000. The elderly 2015 Biff gets possession of the Almanac and steals the time machine to go back in time to 1955, and he gives the Almanac to his younger self and tells him to bet on all the games because he can't lose. So Biff does, and we see that the corrupt Biff has gotten rich and changed the reality of the 1985 that Doc and Marty return to.

In the film, the long-suffering Chicago Cubs won the World Series in 2015; of course, in real life, they did win it a year later, in 2016.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30416

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Tell my college roommate and my older cousin to get their hearts checked out for aneurysms ASAP. Then buy Tesla, Netflix, Nvidia, Lulu Lemon, and a handful of bitcoins that I would buy more of each year to try to keep myself from possibly destroying the bitcoin market from buying too many myself too early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 47083
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


Go to the DMV to get a "replacement" ID . . . THEN make all that money.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


Go to the DMV to get a "replacement" ID . . . THEN make all that money.


Hopefully you walked into the time travel room with your social security card and birth certificate. And you look similar to the way you did 10 years prior.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7108
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


That assumes I don't have my old DL. My passport would actually be valid again! Saves me a trip to the library to reup it.

First thing I would do is get 2 loved ones in to see oncologists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 44913

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Sports betting and stock market....wait, that's what I do now!
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 47083
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


Go to the DMV to get a "replacement" ID . . . THEN make all that money.


Hopefully you walked into the time travel room with your social security card and birth certificate. And you look similar to the way you did 10 years prior.


You could just go to wherever they kept 10 years ago.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


Go to the DMV to get a "replacement" ID . . . THEN make all that money.


Hopefully you walked into the time travel room with your social security card and birth certificate. And you look similar to the way you did 10 years prior.


You could just go to wherever they kept 10 years ago.


Damn. So now you’re robbing your past self. This is getting interesting.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 87113
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


Go to the DMV to get a "replacement" ID . . . THEN make all that money.


Hopefully you walked into the time travel room with your social security card and birth certificate. And you look similar to the way you did 10 years prior.


You could just go to wherever they kept 10 years ago.


Damn. So now you’re robbing your past self. This is getting interesting.


More so if you caught you robbing you
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Another worry is losing the relationships you’ve made in the past. Are you going to steal your family, friends, and significant others from your past self? Some might think you’re crazy if you try to explain you’re from the future. And in terms of lovers. I doubt they’ll leave past you for you.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 47083
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
One thing about a lot of money making ideas is that if it requires identification. That could be a problem. Considering your ID is from the future and isn’t valid in the past.


Go to the DMV to get a "replacement" ID . . . THEN make all that money.


Hopefully you walked into the time travel room with your social security card and birth certificate. And you look similar to the way you did 10 years prior.


You could just go to wherever they kept 10 years ago.


Damn. So now you’re robbing your past self. This is getting interesting.


How so? You're simply getting the ID's that are yours, whether it's 2020 or 2010.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24533
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:


How so? You're simply getting the ID's that are yours, whether it's 2020 or 2010.


I was 1/2 joking when I said that. But say you’ve moved in the past 10 years so you don’t have a house key.. You might have to break in to your old place.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 47083
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:


How so? You're simply getting the ID's that are yours, whether it's 2020 or 2010.


I was 1/2 joking when I said that. But say you’ve moved in the past 10 years so you don’t have a house key.. You might have to break in to your old place.


Does it count as "breaking in" when you know where the hide-a-key is?
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:


How so? You're simply getting the ID's that are yours, whether it's 2020 or 2010.


I was 1/2 joking when I said that. But say you’ve moved in the past 10 years so you don’t have a house key.. You might have to break in to your old place.


Does it count as "breaking in" when you know where the hide-a-key is?


Does 2010 you believe 2020 you when 2020 you says "I'm you from the future" or does he believe 2020 you is a sinister threat?
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 22119
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:


How so? You're simply getting the ID's that are yours, whether it's 2020 or 2010.


I was 1/2 joking when I said that. But say you’ve moved in the past 10 years so you don’t have a house key.. You might have to break in to your old place.


Does it count as "breaking in" when you know where the hide-a-key is?


Does 2010 you believe 2020 you when 2020 you says "I'm you from the future" or does he believe 2020 you is a sinister threat?


I'd be scared to make physical contact with my "other" self, because if I learned anything from Ron Silver in Timecop, it's that the same matter cannot occupy the same space. Duh.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:


How so? You're simply getting the ID's that are yours, whether it's 2020 or 2010.


I was 1/2 joking when I said that. But say you’ve moved in the past 10 years so you don’t have a house key.. You might have to break in to your old place.


Does it count as "breaking in" when you know where the hide-a-key is?


Does 2010 you believe 2020 you when 2020 you says "I'm you from the future" or does he believe 2020 you is a sinister threat?


I'd be scared to make physical contact with my "other" self, because if I learned anything from Ron Silver in Timecop, it's that the same matter cannot occupy the same space. Duh.


please see "captain America 2023 v. captain america 2012" in Avengers: End Game (2019) for updated data
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 12232

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I would try to be a better son to my parents.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB