Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 282, 283, 284 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Quote:
“Vaccines are up to the person. There’s nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure,” he said. “The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn’t the only path to that. It’s been treated almost like a religion. It’s just senseless. There’s lots of good pathways to health.”

Quote from Florida’s new surgeon general. Here in Florida we’re just going to “good health” our way to immunity apparently.

Sounds like good timing just as Florida moves into the top ten in death rate. That might not seem so bad but they were in the middle half up to about the first of August, but since, the deaths have been on a staggering pace. I don't know of another state that has seen a peak in deaths in this most recent covid surge that nearly doubled any previous peaks. (Cali's deaths are about a fifth of what they were previously.)

Science/smience?

. . . and our governor gets the recall election.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::

Why spike the dressing when you can spike the restaurant's AC unit. Either they'll wear a mask or risk getting exposed to the vaccine by breathing. /s

Break their heart, tell them it’s in beer/liquor/wine

If we did that the COVID cases wouldn't lessen and the alcohol industry would make a killing

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

In salad dressing??

How totally random.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
trmiv wrote:
Quote:
“Vaccines are up to the person. There’s nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure,” he said. “The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn’t the only path to that. It’s been treated almost like a religion. It’s just senseless. There’s lots of good pathways to health.”

Quote from Florida’s new surgeon general. Here in Florida we’re just going to “good health” our way to immunity apparently.

Sounds like good timing just as Florida moves into the top ten in death rate. That might not seem so bad but they were in the middle half up to about the first of August, but since, the deaths have been on a staggering pace. I don't know of another state that has seen a peak in deaths in this most recent covid surge that nearly doubled any previous peaks. (Cali's deaths are about a fifth of what they were previously.)

Science/smience?

. . . and our governor gets the recall election.

Unfortunately there’s no recall provision for the Governor here in Florida. Also even though more people have died in Florida than DeathSantis’ winning margin in 2018, I bet he wins by 4-5% in 2022, especially if the Democrats run a Republican retread like Charlie Crist as it appears they will do. Also there’s been in influx of Freedum loving morons moving here since the pandemic started. More than enough to replace all the ones that have died.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

In salad dressing??

How totally random.

Hey, even the former head of US military intelligence says it’s happening.

https://www.newsweek.com/michael-flynn-spreads-conspiracy-theory-deep-state-putting-vaccines-salad-dressing-1631715

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

In salad dressing??

How totally random.

https://www.newsweek.com/michael-flynn-spreads-conspiracy-theory-deep-state-putting-vaccines-salad-dressing-1631715

Flynn said, "Somebody sent me a thing this morning where they're talking about putting the vaccine in salad dressing. Have you seen this? I mean it's—and I'm thinking to myself, this is the Bizarro World, right? This is definitely the Bizarro World.…"

He's right . . . it is "the Bizarro World" . . . I mean the idea of putting it in salad dressing?

None of those anti-vaxxers eat salad for crissake. I mean maybe potato salad . . . but you don't put dressing on that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

In salad dressing??

How totally random.

Flynn said, "Somebody sent me a thing this morning where they're talking about putting the vaccine in salad dressing. Have you seen this? I mean it's—and I'm thinking to myself, this is the Bizarro World, right? This is definitely the Bizarro World.…"

He's right . . . it is "the Bizarro World" . . . I mean the idea of putting it in salad dressing?

None of those anti-vaxxers eat salad for crissake. I mean maybe potato salad . . . but you don't put dressing on that.

Jenny McCarthy probably does. Mike Flynn was/is fit enough to be a soldier/general, so he probably does too.

https://newrepublic.com/article/115551/jenny-mccarthy-anti-vaccination-movement-blame-whooping-cough

Last edited by CandyCanes on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

If it's in any, it's definitely going to be ranch dressing.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
The Unbelievable Grimness of HermanCainAward, the Subreddit That Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVID Deaths

https://slate.com/technology/2021/09/hermancainaward-subreddit-antivaxxer-deaths-cataloged.html

The problem isn't that someone made this subreddit.
The problem is that Americans are so stupid, this subreddit had the opportunity to exist.

In a schadenfreude inspired way, I eat this stuff up.

The past month or so I've visited the sub more than any other. You see alot of "award winners" mocking the vaccine while in the ICU. Up until the day they die.
You also hear testimonials from people who have to cremate bodies 13 hours a day in their small town and bodies are still piling up because it's an anti-vax area. Also testimonials of healthcare workers in ICUs and emergency rooms who have gone from feeling deeply for every death to start this pandemic into just numb and angry that their patients refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated.

I'm fortunate a Herman Cain nominee/winner hasn't compromised the health (as far as I know) of someone I consider a loved one or friend. But if it does happen. YA. I'd get some schadenfreude from the sub as well too. At this point I'm not happy when anyone wins a Herman Cain award. Even if their internet timeline is disgusting. But I'm not feeling sorry for them either.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Anytime I'm around anti-vax, anti-mask, "immigrants are why COVID is as bad as it is" people. I always say 2 things. And judging by their silence. It at least makes them think.

1) I say, "I just want things to go back to normal. I'm tired of this pandemic. And anything I can do to end this. I'm down."

2) I also say, "I imagine there have been immigrants who have brought COVID to the US. That's why I think there should be a 2 week quarantine for anybody who travels. You get on a plane. 2 weeks in isolation. I'm sure Americans have infected someone from another country, who then comes to our country and gets more Americans sick".

The 2nd one really garners silence. Cause to so many people who blame immigrants it never dawns on them that the same logic they want to put on others should probably be put on everyone (if that is your argument).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Washington Post: Asthma group warns against social media trend of inhaling hydrogen peroxide to treat coronavirus

Quote:
A leading asthma patient group has issued a warning against an unproven coronavirus treatment circulating on social media that is leading some people to post videos of themselves breathing in hydrogen peroxide through a nebulizer.

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America called the action “concerning and dangerous” in a Tuesday blog post, emphasizing that it will neither treat nor prevent the virus and is harmful to the lungs.

“DO NOT put hydrogen peroxide into your nebulizer and breathe it in. This is dangerous!” the foundation wrote.

Maybe we can get them to inhale salad dressing?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting progressively more disgusted by the activax crowd. Let them drink bleach and inhale hydrogen peroxide. Even better, tell them that Trump approves of sodium cyanide as a treatment.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I'm getting progressively more disgusted by the activax crowd. Let them drink bleach and inhale hydrogen peroxide. Even better, tell them that Trump approves of sodium cyanide as a treatment.

I'm right there with you. It's harsh, I know. But I'm just done with their willful ignorance that is so dangerous to everyone else.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I'm right there with you. It's harsh, I know. But I'm just done with their willful ignorance that is so dangerous to everyone else.

x3. Including people I know and have known for a very long time.
The ignorance and entitlement is disgusting. It's all a big joke until it happens to you. Lessons should be learned. I'm not wishing death on anyone.... but reality needs to slap these idiots in the face.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Taking my dad to have his booster/third dose later today.

He's so excited.

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.
Fauci said he would support a third dose if future data shows it’s effective.

I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

So by my count this current round, you're at strike 2.

No, it's more than strike 2. This sort of hit & run BS is also a problem. He'll ignore all these responses until it's time for the next hit & run.

So, that's enough. He needs to finish the discussion he started. He needs to come here & address these responses directly. If he doesn't, then that's strike 3.

I'll give ya 72 hours, xxsicrokerxx -- through Thursday.

Last day
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Washington Post: Asthma group warns against social media trend of inhaling hydrogen peroxide to treat coronavirus

Quote:
A leading asthma patient group has issued a warning against an unproven coronavirus treatment circulating on social media that is leading some people to post videos of themselves breathing in hydrogen peroxide through a nebulizer.

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America called the action “concerning and dangerous” in a Tuesday blog post, emphasizing that it will neither treat nor prevent the virus and is harmful to the lungs.

“DO NOT put hydrogen peroxide into your nebulizer and breathe it in. This is dangerous!” the foundation wrote.

Maybe we can get them to inhale salad dressing?

Pssst! They won’t tell you this, because they want you to be a sheep who follows the evidence rather than an independent person who parrots a couple of cranks along with all the other independent people, but a little D-Con mixed in extracts all of the goodness out of the hydrogen peroxide. Remember, if you die, so does the covid inside you.

[disclaimer: the above is a parody, not real advice]
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone have the recipe for the vaccine salad dressing?

Going to a potluck this weekend.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

x3. Including people I know and have known for a very long time.
The ignorance and entitlement is disgusting. It's all a big joke until it happens to you. Lessons should be learned. I'm not wishing death on anyone.... but reality needs to slap these idiots in the face.

Y'all know where I stand. x4.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.

I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

No, it's more than strike 2. This sort of hit & run BS is also a problem. He'll ignore all these responses until it's time for the next hit & run.

So, that's enough. He needs to finish the discussion he started. He needs to come here & address these responses directly. If he doesn't, then that's strike 3.

Last day

Strike Three
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's so excited.

Quote:

Last day

Strike Three

Bye XXXsicrokerXXX
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I'll see your salad dressing and raise you this:

https://twitter.com/silver_tinsel/status/1441561283157848064?s=20
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

All those anti-vaxxers who have getting peppered-balled by the PD this weekend will have to find something else to do I guess.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Strike three? Does that guy even know how to play baseball?

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Bottomless stupidity.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32272032/nba-denies-andrew-wiggins-request-religious-exemption-covid-19-vaccine

This should get interesting…

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 282, 283, 284 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 283 of 318
Jump to: