Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Risk of Blood Clots:

AZ Vaccine:

4 in 1,000,000 Cases = 0.0004%

Birth Control Pill:

500-1200 per 1,000,000 cases in women = 0.05% - 0.12%

Smoking:

1763 per 1,000,000 = 0.18%

COVID Infection:

165,000 per 1,000,000 = 16.5%

Please don't confuse me with good information and relevant facts.

Q tells me your are one of the people I must destroy.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Does being vaccinated mean someone can’t *spread* COVID, though? Also, what about the other patients?

I haven’t been to the dentist since October 2019 and I’m also pretty sure my permanent retainer broke.

It looks to be the case that the vaccine prevents you from reaching the point that you become infectious to others, even if you are exposed. And go back to what I said about PPE and protocols. They treat everyone as a presumptive positive. The good ones do, at least.

I've done research on this, and we may be saying the same thing. Can someone vaccinated spread the virus, in a similar way that someone who isn't symptomatic can, yes? Is the transmission rate, and risk of transmission, from someone vaccinated to someone not vaccinated significantly decreased? Yes.

The idea is that three main factors contribute to the spread - (1) the amount of virus in your system, (2) whether your are expressing symptoms (such as coughing and sneezing which transmits the virus more than someone who is asymptomatic), which also has to do with factor 1 (the less virus you have, the less likely you are going to exhibit symptoms too) and (3) which form of the virus you have, such as the South African strain which is both more contagious and more deadly.

The vaccine helps to minimize (and, sometimes, wholly eliminate) factors 1 and 2, while potentially having some effect on the effectiveness of the mutated strains as well (although the jury is still out on that).

The best practice is, when around others who have not been vaccinated, act as if you haven't been vaccinated. Social distance and wear a mask to protect them, in addition to the PPE they are wearing.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

As for JJ, it is stupid that the are shutting it down for a statistically insignificant number of side effects. However, the real reason I didn't want the JJ vaccine is just because its seems to be significantly less effective than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, no?

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
As for JJ, it is stupid that the are shutting it down for a statistically insignificant number of side effects. However, the real reason I didn't want the JJ vaccine is just because its seems to be significantly less effective than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, no?

No. We've covered this multiple times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Vaccine Comparison

(Although it's probably a good idea to toss the little package of talcum powder J&J gives you afterwards, to rub on the needle insertion site , - into the rubbish bin )
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

I talked a very anti-vax relative into getting vaccinated during Easter family get together.

He just got first Pfizer shot.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Vaccine Comparison

(Although it's probably a good idea to toss the little package of talcum powder J&J gives you afterwards, to rub on the needle insertion site , - into the rubbish bin )

This has been my nephew's focus of litigation for several years now. He represents clients who are dying and the families of those who have died from talcum exposure. The stories of some of the victims are heartbreaking.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I got jnj should I sue?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I got jnj should I sue?

Are you dead yet?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
I talked a very anti-vax relative into getting vaccinated during Easter family get together.

He just got first Pfizer shot.

So many of these around me. Congrats
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
I got jnj should I sue?

Are you dead yet?

after I read symptoms i magically had them all.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
I got jnj should I sue?

Are you dead yet?

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Question... are we confined to our brand when it comes to booster shots down the line? Say you got your 2 doses of Pfizers. 6 months has passed, Moderna comes out with a booster first. Can you get that booster, or do you wait for Pfizer?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Question... are we confined to our brand when it comes to booster shots down the line? Say you got your 2 doses of Pfizers. 6 months has passed, Moderna comes out with a booster first. Can you get that booster, or do you wait for Pfizer?

Yes
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
I got jnj should I sue?

Are you dead yet?

She’s feeling better...
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
I got jnj should I sue?

Are you dead yet?

She’s feeling better...

Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? (S)he won’t be long....
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Got my 2nd Pfizer earlier this afternoon. Feeling good! Even decided to get in a workout. Hope I don’t regret that tonight or tomorrow.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yes

When you say yes, you are saying yes to his first question - stuck with the booster for the original vaccine you got? Moderna Vaccine = Modern booster, Pfizer Vaccine = Pfizer Booster, etc.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Vaccine Comparison

I didn't come out of that article believing JJ was equally effective, only that the studies showed it was significantly less effective but they aren't sure if that is true since its hard to tell given confounding variables in how the efficacy studies were done. It basically told me what I already knew.

Edit: Just read some other posts and see that studies showed it was 100% effective (outside the recent blood clot issue) in preventing hospitalization and death. I suppose if the trade off is getting a mild, more tolerable case of Covid while preventing hospitalization/death, that's good enough for me.

Whatever though. Just get vaccinated right.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yes

When you say yes, you are saying yes to his first question - stuck with the booster for the original vaccine you got? Moderna Vaccine = Modern booster, Pfizer Vaccine = Pfizer Booster, etc.

I don't think there would be any issue mixing and matching if a booster becomes available.

The vaccines are all doing the same thing, with slightly different "delivery systems", they are triggering your immune system to react. If a booster comes out either to better cover a variant of the virus or just to re-trigger the immune response because the response starts to fade, the "flavor" of your initial vaccine should not matter.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Vaccine Comparison

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
I don't think there would be any issue mixing and matching if a booster becomes available.

The vaccines are all doing the same thing, with slightly different "delivery systems", they are triggering your immune system to react. If a booster comes out either to better cover a variant of the virus or just to re-trigger the immune response because the response starts to fade, the "flavor" of your initial vaccine should not matter.

Keep in mind that the recommendations are based on what has been tested. I imagine that boosters will be equally effective, but they'll have to verify that.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Keep in mind that the recommendations are based on what has been tested. I imagine that boosters will be equally effective, but they'll have to verify that.

For FDA approval, any potential booster will have to be tested of course. I'm guessing they would test in people that have had all the initial vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, etc. ) so they can offer to all and not limit to just people vaccinated with one specific vaccine but I am not designing the trial.

But that would enable them to determine efficacy in people vaccinated with each previous vaccine and look for any issues. If the data shows a booster doesn't work well with a given prior vaccine, will find out hopefully. Have heard it is likely FDA would "only" require neutralizing antibody titer data along with safety data to approve a booster, but I am not involved with developing any of the vaccines.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Why not just get the Moderna sequence in addition to the Pfizer sequence once supply is sufficient?

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:41 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Why not just get the Moderna sequence in addition to the Pfizer sequence once supply is sufficient?

Mixology 101. The Moderna mixes well with Whiskey & Rum whereas the Phizer only delivers with Vodka & Gin. Trying to mix the Moderna with the Phizer is basically like mixing a White Russian with a Grey Goose chaser. YUCK!

With the current variant prevalence,. The most promising mixology is Moderna on the rocks with Tequila Phizate chaser...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 237 of 318
Jump to: