Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Thoughts on going to the dentist after being fully vaccinated?

go for it, dentists their staffs been eligible for vaccine months ago so they 'should' be fully vaccinated
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I got 2x moderna in december-jan. No side effects other than injection site soreness which was not as severe as when I get my annual flu shot. My entire household also received moderna. Wife's parents didn't have ANY side effects, not even inj site soreness. On dose 1, wife had soreness and arm/shoulder stiffness and extreme fatigue 2 hours post injection, and she fell asleep at 8pm. She woke up feeling great.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

2nd Pfizer shot received at 2:15 PM...feeling fine...and might even be able to play the viola (which I never played before the vaccine).

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

8.5 month pregnant wife got her second Pfizer yesterday. She woke up in the middle of the night with extreme chills. Had to get her a thick blanket. Today she’s been super tired with a headache and more chills. Hopefully gone by tomorrow.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

With the exception of front-line covid treatment settings, you're safer in clinical settings (like the dentist) than you are in the general population. The PPE and protocols are all there, and they're likely all vaccinated by now. I skipped my summer visit last year, but this year I've already been (post-covid and pre-vaccination). If you want to be sure, call them and check on their status & protocols.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

With the exception of front-line covid treatment settings, you're safer in clinical settings (like the dentist) than you are in the general population. The PPE and protocols are all there, and they're likely all vaccinated by now. I skipped my summer visit last year, but this year I've already been (post-covid and pre-vaccination). If you want to be sure, call them and check on their status & protocols.

Does being vaccinated mean someone can’t *spread* COVID, though? Also, what about the other patients?

I haven’t been to the dentist since October 2019 and I’m also pretty sure my permanent retainer broke.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Does being vaccinated mean someone can’t *spread* COVID, though? Also, what about the other patients?

I haven’t been to the dentist since October 2019 and I’m also pretty sure my permanent retainer broke.

It looks to be the case that the vaccine prevents you from reaching the point that you become infectious to others, even if you are exposed. And go back to what I said about PPE and protocols. They treat everyone as a presumptive positive. The good ones do, at least.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

In general they seem as safe as they can be. At least where I go. Temperature checks after walking in. Masks and social distancing. Asked to wash hands and rinse before sitting down in the dentist chair. Hand sanitizer always there at the front desk.

I've been a few times throughout the pandemic and everything seemed to go smoothly. After being fully vaccinated I wouldn't worry too much. I was more worried dropping by riteaid afterwards to pick up a prescription.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so everyone in CA is eligible starting Thursday. For those who have been through the process, What's the best way to get an appointment?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Ok, so everyone in CA is eligible starting Thursday. For those who have been through the process, What's the best way to get an appointment?

Go to MyTurn.Ca.Gov and frequently refresh (every thirty minutes) until you find an appointment. They periodically open up new ones.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Go to MyTurn.Ca.Gov and frequently refresh (every thirty minutes) until you find an appointment. They periodically open up new ones.

Yep. Open two windows too, if you want same time range with family or significant other.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Clotting Cases

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Similar to the AZ vaccine. It’s great that they are taking potential issues serious, but man this is definitely going to shake confidence in that vaccine and all of the vaccines in general unfortunately.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Similar to the AZ vaccine. It’s great that they are taking potential issues serious, but man this is definitely going to shake confidence in that vaccine and all of the vaccines in general unfortunately.

6 cases out of 6.8 million shots.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
trmiv wrote:
Quote:

6 cases out of 6.8 million shots.

The numbers would be different than that since so far it’s only been women aged 18-48.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject:

The benefits of getting the J&J vaccine greatly outweigh those of not getting it...so far.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject:

Both AZ and a J&J are adenovirus vaccines, but with different vectors. With this happening in both of them, there may be a certain population that is more prone to these clots which is what they want to figure out. This shouldn’t affect confidence in the mRNA vaccines since they work totally differently, but unfortunately a lot of hesitant people are just going to read headlines and think “all covid vaccines = bad”.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

DIDN'T SEE trmiv POST. Deleted jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 am; edited 3 times in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Media literacy and critical thinking are not for most Dumbmericans.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

White House says J&J pause will not have "significant impact" on vaccination plan

Quote:
The Biden administration says it has secured enough Moderna and Pfizer doses for 300 million Americans. The U.S. will be able to continue administering 3 million vaccine doses a day even without the Johnson & Johnson shot, according to the White House.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject:

The number of people affected by the J&J vaccine is minuscule compared to those not. I'm almost certain many will not want to take the J&J because of this occurrence, especially those who didn't want to get vaccinated in the first place.

Lose a battle but fight on until the war is won.

Yahoo Finance
‘Unvaccinated folks’ are driving coronavirus surges as American society slowly reopens

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The number of people affected by the J&J vaccine is minuscule compared to those not. I'm almost certain many will not want to take the J&J because of this occurrence, especially those who didn't want to get vaccinated in the first place.

Yahoo Finance
‘Unvaccinated folks’ are driving coronavirus surges as American society slowly reopens

LINK

You know what else causes blood clots? Covid.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yahoo Finance

LINK

YEP!!

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yahoo Finance

LINK

You know what else causes blood clots? Birth control pills, at much higher rates than 1 in a million. So do many other medications.

They are pausing to see if there is a common factor for this apparently very rare adverse event. So they can make people aware, tell people what symptoms to watch for.

And hearing it is also because of the way these clots need to be treated, differently than usual perhaps. So Drs know to check if someone has gotten this vaccine if they present with clot symptoms.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yahoo Finance

LINK

Risk of Blood Clots:

AZ Vaccine:

4 in 1,000,000 Cases = 0.0004%

Birth Control Pill:

500-1200 per 1,000,000 cases in women = 0.05% - 0.12%

Smoking:

1763 per 1,000,000 = 0.18%

COVID Infection:

165,000 per 1,000,000 = 16.5%

That pretty much puts into perspective.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

I just took out my bottle of Advil:

- Increased risk of heart attack and stroke

- May cause stomach bleeds

- variance of potential reactions including wheezing, rash, shock, etc...

Everything has risks, even crap we buy over the counter and take all the time. More than 1/3 of this country has already taken at least 1 shot of these vaccines. I would place the number of reactions from those vaccinations against the numbers of almost ANY medication (Rx or OTC) that people take.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 236 of 318
Jump to: