Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
J&J yesterday.
One and done.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Finally got my first dose of Moderna!

Finally!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
J&J yesterday.
One and done.

Great! I got the J&J 4 weeks ago. No side effects except a sore arm.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

Had my second dose of Moderna yesterday. Same effects as the first dose, except maybe more arm soreness than last time. I should be fine by tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

Wife is getting second Pfizer Saturday and I’m getting my second Tuesday. Hopefully my wife doesn’t have any major side effects. She’s very pregnant and due May 11th. Glad she’s going to be fully protected before the baby is born.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Had my second dose of Moderna yesterday. Same effects as the first dose, except maybe more arm soreness than last time. I should be fine by tomorrow.

But if you contracted COVID in addition to getting your first dose, isn't this your third exposure? Interesting that you still have side effects given that you've already had the required two exposures. I wonder if these should really be three shot regimens instead.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

The next time I go to Dodger stadium, it will be for a game or a concert
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't have a valid reason just a gut feeling. I feel Pfizer is the better vaccine.

The better vaccine is the one you can get in your arm asap.

That's what Dr. Fauci advocates and I agree. I would have taken anything the VA offered. They had Pfizer. I would have felt Pfizer better even if I'd gotten Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine or Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (johnson & Johnson) It's just a personal preference.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

But if you contracted COVID in addition to getting your first dose, isn't this your third exposure? Interesting that you still have side effects given that you've already had the required two exposures. I wonder if these should really be three shot regimens instead.

It makes sense that you would have side effects each time because the vaccine is designed to get your body to produce antibodies to the virus, and if you’ve been exposed (or had a previous shot) and have them, it would stand to reason your immune reaction would be stronger.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject:

In reading about J&J, they say 72% efficacy, which is lower than the 90 and up numbers for Pfizer and Moderna. But they say J&J is 100% against hospitalization and death. What's the efficacy of Pfizer and Moderna against hospitalization and death?
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

What side effect is he having? I didn't see him state one.

---George Carlin
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Of course I had side effects. The whole point is that the immune system kicks into gear. The side effects are exactly that -- the immune system response. If I didn't have them, it'd mean it WASN'T working.

And maybe I would have been fine after covid + one dose, but that's not what was clinically tested.

Whether or not a third does should be required would be based on the delta of the resulting conferred immunity.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
In reading about J&J, they say 72% efficacy, which is lower than the 90 and up numbers for Pfizer and Moderna. But they say J&J is 100% against hospitalization and death. What's the efficacy of Pfizer and Moderna against hospitalization and death?

You can't compare the efficacy rates to each other. I posted something a couple pages back, including a video.

The number for any of the vaccines was based on results from clinical trials, and those trials were conducted at different times, in different places, so the virus prevalence in the wild was different, and the emergence of new strains was different.

Since the Pfizer & Moderna trials were conducted earlier in the pandemic, it's likely their numbers would have been lower had they been conducted later, as was the J&J trial.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
What side effect is he having? I didn't see him state one.

For me? Fatigue (slept much of the day yesterday, after getting dose 2 on Wednesday), slight fever, body ache, injection site soreness.

Much of what you feel when you're sick isn't the "sick" itself, it's the immune system's response.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

Second shot of Moderna yesterday. Felt a bit fuzzy about an hour after and still feel like that today. Arm is sore like the first time and had fever and chills for the night, but that has passed. I'm still a bit tired but it feels like this will all pass today. I'll probably be back to normal when I wake up tomorrow.

Totally worth it. Visited my dad the day before at the home he went into the day before lockdown. Second time I was actually allowed into his apartment. The first time was last week. He wanted to hug me and while I still can't, I got to promise him that I would in 2 weeks.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

I got my first shot of Moderna on March 21. Didn't feel a thing from it. (normal)

Wife and I both tested positive April 1. Both thought we had spring allergies, until she woke up with no smell on 4/1.

By 4/3 no symptoms at all, other than chest cold that I get every spring.
Any other year I would have just work through it, and never thought twice about not going in.

I can go back to the office on Monday. Hard to manage a store and put out fires from home all day.

I get my 2nd shot on 4/20. (I'm gonna lie about not getting Rona in between shots) I don't care just give me my 2nd shot.

---George Carlin
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
[Dad] wanted to hug me and while I still can't, I got to promise him that I would in 2 weeks.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

Incidents like this give reasons to those who oppose the vaccination.

My play, adopted daughter, texted me this morning. She said she HEARD people DIED at the site. I of course googled to get the information.

She's typical of those who don't want to get vaccinated. They HEAR something and run with it. I sent her the article, told her to read it. Told her don't believe all of what she hears, investigate and get to the truth.

Colorado COVID vaccine site closes early after 11 experience adverse reactions

LINK

Quote:
Earlier, the company told Nexstar station KDVR that 0.8% of patients — or 13 people out of an estimated 1,700 — who received the vaccine experienced adverse reactions.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

36 hours in. Zero side effects other than about 10 minutes of jumpy stomach yesterday afternoon which probably had tomorrow to do with skipping lunch. 😄
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

My play, adopted daughter, texted me this morning. She said she HEARD people DIED at the site. I of course googled to get the information.

She's typical of those who don't want to get vaccinated. They HEAR something and run with it. I sent her the article, told her to read it. Told her don't believe all of what she hears, investigate and get to the truth.

Hey, guess what? 500,000+ people in this country died from getting the virus.

Meanwhile, 100 million people in this country have been vaccinated. And how many people have had problem from it, or even died?

Even if the vaccine had directly killed 174,000 people, your odds are still better getting the vaccine than rolling the dice with COVID. And it's hard to substantiate even ONE death that was a direct result of the vaccine.

One of the basic cognitive failures is that people are incredibly bad at comparing odds.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hey, guess what? 500,000+ people in this country died from getting the virus.

Meanwhile, 100 million people in this country have been vaccinated. And how many people have had problem from it, or even died?

Even if the vaccine had directly killed 174,000 people, your odds are still better getting the vaccine than rolling the dice with COVID. And it's hard to substantiate even ONE death that was a direct result of the vaccine.

One of the basic cognitive failures is that people are incredibly bad at comparing odds.

Yeah, I have a couple employees who won’t get it because it’s “not FDA approved” and that means there “might be side effects we don’t know about”, which trumps the known side effects of COVID 19, apparently.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

36 hours in. Zero side effects other than about 10 minutes of jumpy stomach yesterday afternoon which probably had tomorrow to do with skipping lunch. 😄

The rectal bleeding usually starts in 48-72 hours.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

He can get himself some Preparation H or Tucks.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That’s Phizer.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Well, to be honest, that problem started after that party in Vegas that he still refuses to talk to us about.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 234 of 318
Jump to: