Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Former Presidents Obama, Bush and Clinton volunteer to get coronavirus vaccine publicly to prove it's safe

Quote:
Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton are volunteering to get their Covid-19 vaccines on camera to promote public confidence in the vaccine's safety once the US Food and Drug Administration authorizes one.

Guessing Fauci, Biden and Harris will also do it.

Trump will probably say he's immune and if he bothers, it will not be public. But I think he needs a huge needle, really huge, the biggest ever...

Quote:
Angry Staffer @Angry_Staffer

I’m told Trump is furious at what he thinks is Bush, Clinton, and Obama attempting to take away credit for “his vaccine.”

He’s being urged not to tweet anything petulant about it, so I’m sure petulance is imminent.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Former Presidents Obama, Bush and Clinton volunteer to get coronavirus vaccine publicly to prove it's safe

Quote:
Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton are volunteering to get their Covid-19 vaccines on camera to promote public confidence in the vaccine's safety once the US Food and Drug Administration authorizes one.

Trump will probably say he's immune and if he bothers, it will not be public. But I think he needs a huge needle, really huge, the biggest ever...

Quote:

I’m told Trump is furious at what he thinks is [b]Bush, Clinton, and Obama attempting to take away credit for “his vaccine.”

He’s being urged not to tweet anything petulant about it, so I’m sure petulance is imminent.[/b]

Those 3 are willing to get vaccinated on TV to give assurance the vaccine is safe.

I saw a newcast video of Blacks saying they are afraid the vaccine is a ploy to infect the Black community e.g. aids myth. They probably think the Calvary gave pox blankets to Indians (a myth never completely debunked). (Smiling) I've heard some believe Biden, Clinton, and Bush will be given a different vaccine.

I'm willing to give Trump credit for the vaccine, he is in office, as long as they don't name it after him if he's willing to accept responsibility for the uncontrolled spread of the virus.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’m told Trump is furious at what he thinks is [b]Bush, Clinton, and Obama attempting to take away credit for “his vaccine.”

He’s being urged not to tweet anything petulant about it, so I’m sure petulance is imminent.[/b]

Those 3 are willing to get vaccinated on TV to give assurance the vaccine is safe.

I saw a newcast video of Blacks saying they are afraid the vaccine is a ploy to infect the Black community e.g. aids myth. They probably think the Calvary gave pox blankets to Indians (a myth never completely debunked). (Smiling) I've heard some believe Biden, Clinton, and Bush will be given a different vaccine.

I'm willing to give Trump credit for the vaccine, he is in office, as long as they don't name it after him if he's willing to accept responsibility for the uncontrolled spread of the virus.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’m told Trump is furious at what he thinks is Bush, Clinton, and Obama attempting to take away credit for “his vaccine.”

He’s being urged not to tweet anything petulant about it, so I’m sure petulance is imminent.

Just fyi, if you mean the smallpox outbreak among the Mandan and Hidatsa peoples near Fort Clark in the early 1800's, there was never any evidence that the US Army intentionally handed out infected blankets there. Smallpox was brought in by fur traders, who knew they had sick people on their boats but were more worried about their profits. And the disease subsequently decimated the local tribes. The US govt and Army did many terrible things to the Indigenous peoples of this continent but that outbreak was not one of them.

And the US govt has in the past treated Black folks pretty badly when it came to various diseases also, the Tuskegee syphilis "experiment" comes to mind. But hopefully most people realize that this time, under the Biden administration at least, the vaccination effort is legit.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

[b]I'm willing to give Trump credit for the vaccine[/b], he is in office, as long as they don't name it after him if he's willing to accept responsibility for the uncontrolled spread of the virus.

He called the virus a hoax and thumbed his nose at it even AFTER he was infected. He can take his credit and go eff himself.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:

[b]I'm willing to give Trump credit for the vaccine[/b], he is in office, as long as they don't name it after him if he's willing to accept responsibility for the uncontrolled spread of the virus.

He called the virus a hoax and thumbed his nose at it even AFTER he was infected. He can take his credit and go eff himself.

Yeah, even if he hadn't lied about the virus's seriousness, claimed it was just a hoax, thwarted all attempts at a united, national approach to stemming the virus's spread, turned masks into a politically divisive statement . . . and on and on . . . he doesn't deserve credit for the vaccine he took no part in developing simply because he is "in office".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, even if he hadn't lied about the virus's seriousness, claimed it was just a hoax, thwarted all attempts at a united, national approach to stemming the virus's spread, turned masks into a politically divisive statement . . . and on and on . . . he doesn't deserve credit for the vaccine he took no part in developing simply because he is "in office".

Trump may have been "in office" but he wasn't in the lab pipetting that's for sure or even in the boardroom making decisions. He even accused the pharmas and biotechs of delaying their clinical trial results to harm his re-election chances.

The most anti-science president ever probably so agree, he can go eff himself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Trump may have been "in office" but he wasn't in the lab pipetting that's for sure or even in the boardroom making decisions. He even accused the pharmas and biotechs of delaying their clinical trial results to harm his re-election chances.

Aight Y'all. I take it back Dayum!! I won't give him credit. I'm sorry. 👴🏾 My intent was if he fessed up. My bad....

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Aight Y'all. I take it back Dayum!! I won't give him credit. I'm sorry. 👴🏾 My intent was if he fessed up. My bad....

Wasn't attacking you, brother. I get where you were coming from ...taking the high road and whatnot. But the POtuS doesn't deserve your empathy. This guy WOULD try to take credit...even though he took ZERO accountability for all the awful stuff that has happened. Typical of him and his kind.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wasn't attacking you, brother. I get where you were coming from ...taking the high road and whatnot. But the POtuS doesn't deserve your empathy. This guy WOULD try to take credit...even though he took ZERO accountability for all the awful stuff that has happened. Typical of him and his kind.

Didn't take the posts as attacks, felt more like scolding. Like I said, if he fessed up. I know he won't.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

Girlfriend tested positive, even though she has been very responsible for months, wearing masks and social distancing. Who the heck knows how she got it. She started having symptoms a few days ago.

Which means that I'm probably positive, though I feel fine.

I'm worried about my parents since we've had contact with them in recent days and weeks.

(bleep).
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Girlfriend tested positive, even though she has been very responsible for months, wearing masks and social distancing. Who the heck knows how she got it. She started having symptoms a few days ago.

I'm worried about my parents since we've had contact with them in recent days and weeks.

(bleep).

I wish you well...same for your loved ones.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Wilt wrote:

(bleep).

I wish you well...same for your loved ones.

+1 I 🙏🏾 you and your loved ones are not in danger and turns out well.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

(bleep).

Sorry man, hope everything turns out ok. The virus is really circulating out there, even if your girlfriend is super responsible, (bleep) happens. Unless you can stay home non-stop, and many of us cannot, it can happen.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Yea...wish you well, Wilt.

Yea, my best friends 97 year old grandfather passed over the weekend. His Mom and Dad are also infected/sick, but recovering. I just saw the man early this year for his 97th bday... He was pretty damn spry for his age. He had fought thru flus and other illnesses in recent years, but Covid was just too much for him. RIP

No telling how they contracted it.... Everyone has been super cautious. Its unfortunate.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

(bleep).

Damn man . . . sorry to hear that. I hope you two are do OK and that your parents didn't contract it. Be well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Yea...wish you well, Wilt.

Yea, my best friends 97 year old grandfather passed over the weekend. His Mom and Dad are also infected/sick, but recovering. I just saw the man early this year for his 97th bday... He was pretty damn spry for his age. He had fought thru flus and other illnesses in recent years, but Covid was just too much for him. RIP

No telling how they contracted it.... Everyone has been super cautious. Its unfortunate.

Sorry man.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

(bleep).

Sorry Wilt. Hope everyone is ok.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile here in Florida back-to-back 10,000+ days but the idiot republicans running the state don’t give a (bleep).

We get nuggets of wisdom like this from state rep Anthony Sabatini mocking the situation. Don’t read the replies to this if you like having any hope in humanity.

https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/status/1334688960484929536

We also find out, what most of us knew already, but it’s nice to see it written down that Governor coRona DeathSantis intentionally misled the public about the virus and actively worked to downplay it. Just like his idol Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/04/florida-governor-rob-desantis-covid-investigation-misled-public
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

(bleep).

Stay healthy, King. We need you. Hope your girl gets better ASAP with no scarring.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

It’s important to remind people that you are vulnerable to everyone you spend time with without a mask, and therefore to everyone else those people spend unmasked time with, and everyone those people unmask with, and so on. Lots of people are super careful except that one time with that one trusted friend or family member. That’s all it takes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

https://preview.redd.it/41xk1bgi9xo51.jpg?auto=webp&s=34f4afc2b97a6baa64ede29341e787749283b85d
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

I'll be keeping an eye on the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine.

I'm torn. I wonder if the elderly aren't being used as guinea pigs? Let's see if it works first.

As first Pfizer vaccine doses arrive in U.K., officials tell doctors and nurses they won’t get priority

LINK

Quote:
LONDON — The first doses of the newly approved coronavirus vaccine made by Pfizer arrived in Britain on Thursday night, the shipment packed in dry ice and traveling by truck from the company's manufacturing plant in Belgium through the Eurotunnel to England.

Yet excitement over next week’s planned launch of a mass immunization program was tempered Friday by frustration over a late decision to exclude front-line health workers from the first round — though many had already booked appointments.

Priority will go to people over 80 years old and to nursing home caregivers, and even for those groups, demand could quickly outstrip supply in the early months, public health officials cautioned. The 800,000 doses Britain expects to get this month “could be the only batch we receive for some time,” warned Chris Hopson, chief executive of NHS Providers.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like they are giving it to those with the combination of highest risk and highest mortality rate.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Stay healthy, King. We need you. Hope your girl gets better ASAP with no scarring.

Thanks!

She's had a couple rough days. It's the usual symptoms of a bad case of COVID. Can't smell or taste anything. She says every muscle in her body hurts. She had trouble with her balance walking to the bathroom to the point that she fell and hit the wall. She says she felt the same way when she suffered from the swine flu. ... But she's improving. At some point, she must have slept 15 hours straight.

I only have a mild cough. My test results will come on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure I have it.

Parents are showing no symptoms, and they also will have their test results early next week. I'm most worried about my dad, who is over 70 and has diabetes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 203 of 318
Jump to: