Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
governator wrote:
N95 prices on amazon jacked up, these sellers are a-hole

i ordered a couple days ago several boxes of 20 of gerson surgical grade n95 masks from amazon for $55 each. before i ordered, there were 12 left.

surgical grade is more expensive, but only the more expensive masks are available. these do not have the valves for comfort, but i was told they work better for preventing exposure. i read things that disagree with that. but i am just helping a friend so i buy what she wants.

yeah, saw some sellers selling 10 N95 mask (3M) for $186

right supply and demand in display here...
i now have the problem of figuring how to send it to her without having it confiscated by the government or stolen by someone in between...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
governator wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
governator wrote:
N95 prices on amazon jacked up, these sellers are a-hole

i ordered a couple days ago several boxes of 20 of gerson surgical grade n95 masks from amazon for $55 each. before i ordered, there were 12 left.

surgical grade is more expensive, but only the more expensive masks are available. these do not have the valves for comfort, but i was told they work better for preventing exposure. i read things that disagree with that. but i am just helping a friend so i buy what she wants.

yeah, saw some sellers selling 10 N95 mask (3M) for $186

right supply and demand in display here...
i now have the problem of figuring how to send it to her without having it confiscated by the government or stolen by someone in between...

not 100% sure but parts of NYC (Queens) ran out of N95 in medical supply stores
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bad news if true.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594
It means the Chinese government has one set of data and they send the public another set of data, where the deaths are vastly lowered. This thing sounds like its spinning out of control.

actually i ran across some information that allows a reasonable estimate - there are 49 crematoriums in wuhan alone (an exiled billionaire made a similar estimate)
everything i read have the crematoriums in wuhan working 24 hours a day.
now that allows estimates to be made.
the quarantine went into effect on jan 23rd.
that gives us 17 days of the 49 crematoriums working 24 hours a day.
one article said one particular crematorium had a capacity of 100 bodies if it worked nonstop.
for the sake of math, lets say 17 x 49 = 850 (close enough)
850 x 100/day ~ 85,000 bodies
lets be 'generous' and assume that the crematoriums did not start working full capacity until jan 25-30. that is still 50,000 to 75,000 bodies.

that is far beyond the 800 deaths (for entire country not just wuhan the city) from the government and this is for wuhan only (though probably the great majority of the deaths are probably there).

wow this is really bad.
though my friends in guangdong and shanghai said things are ok there.
but hubei province and wuhan got it bad.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Nothing to be worried about.

I have it on good authority, some would say the best authority, that warmer weather kills this kind of virus.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

I have it on good authority, some would say the best authority, that warmer weather kills this kind of virus.

You got that wrong. You gotta rub some herbs on it. And some acupuncture.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Rub some 'Tussin on it. Or is that spray some Windex???
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

In my family we used vodka for everything
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html
Quote:

Hong Kong officials evacuated and quarantined dozens of residents of an apartment building after two people living on different floors were found to be infected with the coronavirus, the authorities said on Tuesday.

The two cases appeared to suggest that the virus had spread through the building, perhaps through a pipe, raising new fears about the virus’s ability to spread.

Officials from the city’s Center for Health Protection said the decision to partially evacuate the building was made after the discovery of a unsealed bathroom pipe in the apartment of a newly confirmed patient, a 62-year-old woman. She lives 10 floors below a resident who was earlier found to be infected.

In addition to the infected residents, four other people living in three different units displayed symptoms of the coronavirus, according to Sophia Chan, Hong Kong’s health secretary.

In all, quarantines were ordered for the residents of 23 units of the Hong Mei House, a building on the Cheung Hong Estate, a public housing block in the New Territories section of the city.
The local outbreak prompted comparisons to an incident in 2003 when 329 residents of a housing estate in Hong Kong became infected with SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome. The virus was later found to have spread through defective piping. Forty-two of the infected residents died.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

In my family we used vodka for everything

go to the original, tiger balm then do some coining
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

this is disgusting, my wife's parents both worked in a hospital in southern china before their retirement. according to their ex-colleague, from the medical only communication channels they were told that first hospital who the whistleblower had worked for is being punished by the chinese government. they basically cut all their medical supplies, even for face masks and protective clothing. doctors in that hospital have to wear the same mask for a week. this is sickening, and troubling to understand at the same point. why would the government do that? just because a doctor came out first with the news? it doesn't make any sense. it wasn't like the whistleblower said something bad about the government.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
this is disgusting, my wife's parents both worked in a hospital in southern china before their retirement. according to their ex-colleague, from the medical only communication channels they were told that first hospital who the whistleblower had worked for is being punished by the chinese government. they basically cut all their medical supplies, even for face masks and protective clothing. doctors in that hospital have to wear the same mask for a week. this is sickening, and troubling to understand at the same point. why would the government do that? just because a doctor came out first with the news? it doesn't make any sense. it wasn't like the whistleblower said something bad about the government.

this is just the steroid version of Trump firing Sondland, Vindman and Vindman, same principle
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I'm very hopeful this is fake news. Honest.

If found any government official gave this command I would hope Xi puts him/her/them in prison for the rest of their natural lives. Or for a very long time.

If true and I presided over a country I would do all possible to boycott China until those responsible are brought to justice.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

If found any government official gave this command I would hope Xi puts him/her/them in prison for the rest of their natural lives. Or for a very long time.

If true and I presided over a country I would do all possible to boycott China until those responsible are brought to justice.

i don't think it's fake news. punishment isn't for what that doctor had done, it serves as a warming for any future occurrences. now any whistleblower has to think twice about speaking out on social media without going over with the government first.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

i don't think it's fake news. punishment isn't for what that doctor had done, it serves as a warming for any future occurrences. now any whistleblower has to think twice about speaking out on social media without going over with the government first.

Punishing the innocent patients should be a serious crime on any planet
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Punishing the innocent patients should be a serious crime on any planet

I don't think you understand Chinese history, the people are pretty much expendable.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

Reported cases spike by 15K as reporting requirements are relaxed.

I wonder what the number would look like without the change. It seemed to be trending slower the last few days. Maybe the new case trend was influenced more by testing availability than people being infected.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

I wonder what the number would look like without the change. It seemed to be trending slower the last few days. Maybe the new case trend was influenced more by testing availability than people being infected.

Xi is firing provincial and city leaders so it might have been a case of regional officials underreporting to make it look like they had things under better control than they really did.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Xi is firing provincial and city leaders so it might have been a case of regional officials underreporting to make it look like they had things under better control than they really did.

It’s the opposite. The decisions on hiding the numbers were never on the ground. It's just that the heads who roll are almost always downstream of the heads who made the call.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

lets hope this is not true. were the local officials trying to kill the whistleblower because he talked too much? or did this happened after his death?

is this supposedly by the old management in hubei/wuhan or the new management?

the former mayor of shanghai, who is new head of hubei province, seems to be tough on more accurate numbers (disallowed reducing the number of confirmed cases...)
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

How about 70 corona virus patients being transferred here in the old Fairview Development center smack down in the heart of Orange County - Costa Mesa

https://abc7.com/5957668/
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
How about 70 corona virus patients being transferred here in the old Fairview Development center smack down in the heart of Orange County - Costa Mesa

if the patients are kept under quarantine, then that is not a big deal.

the bigger issues are those cruise patients who are allowed to return to the us under 'home' quarantine.
those from the boat in japan are controlled, but there are many from the boat in cambodia who already arrived in the us who are not being quarantined.
also, not sure if citizens/permanent residents are allowed to return to the us without 14 day quarantine.
then there is korea now with 400 so does it mean 14 day quarantine for persons arriving from south korea?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

Epidemic to pandemic

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-02-22-20-intl-hnk/index.html
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

I don't get why they would do this instead of moving them to a military base. My guess is they are spreading the love.....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I don't get why they would do this instead of moving them to a military base. My guess is they are spreading the love.....

Cause you can only do voluntary quaranteen unless govt makes it a law
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lets hope these evolving treatment options are real and not propaganda

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2020-02/22/content_75732846.htm
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 3 of 318
Jump to: