Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (no personal insults)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 178, 179, 180  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86601
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
FYI, there is evidence that covid numbers are being fudged. Unfortunately, it’s actually in the opposite direction. Along with numerous red states moving to minimize their reporting, states like Florida and Georgia and Texas are having wildly statistically improbable increases in pneumonia deaths vs last year, but just in the recent few months.


Are you suggesting that they're labeling Covid caused deaths as pneumonia deaths in order to show a lower amount of pandemic casualties in their state?


The evidence is suggesting that.


I'd be interested in seeing that evidence.


The numbers are there. A comparison of the numbers being reported versus the statistical norms and what is occurring elsewhere

Quote:
Wondering what would be the gain in that scenario for that state.


Well, considering they are Red states more aligned with the RNC and the blatant attempts by the Right to downplay and even deny the pandemic so they can re-open everything, I think the gain part is pretty clear.


It doesn't even have to be intentional. Covid causes pneumonia and several other potentially fatal symptoms. The effort taken to determine if COVID was causative will vary by situation.


It is purely coincidental that states that have bent over backward to obfuscate public access to information have statistically unlikely spikes in other illness related deaths.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 12067

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
FYI, there is evidence that covid numbers are being fudged. Unfortunately, it’s actually in the opposite direction. Along with numerous red states moving to minimize their reporting, states like Florida and Georgia and Texas are having wildly statistically improbable increases in pneumonia deaths vs last year, but just in the recent few months.


Are you suggesting that they're labeling Covid caused deaths as pneumonia deaths in order to show a lower amount of pandemic casualties in their state?


The evidence is suggesting that.


I'd be interested in seeing that evidence.


The numbers are there. A comparison of the numbers being reported versus the statistical norms and what is occurring elsewhere

Quote:
Wondering what would be the gain in that scenario for that state.


Well, considering they are Red states more aligned with the RNC and the blatant attempts by the Right to downplay and even deny the pandemic so they can re-open everything, I think the gain part is pretty clear.


What numbers, and where do you find them to compare this suggestion?
I don’t doubt Omar but I’d like to see this for myself.
It’s almost the opposite side of the coin of the whole fudging the death certificates idea someone threw out there.

The pandemic deaths are what they are, not seeing the downplaying part.
I follow the money and see who gains from what, on both sides.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52241
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

DELETED by jodeke...wrong thread
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Fri May 29, 2020 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86601
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
FYI, there is evidence that covid numbers are being fudged. Unfortunately, it’s actually in the opposite direction. Along with numerous red states moving to minimize their reporting, states like Florida and Georgia and Texas are having wildly statistically improbable increases in pneumonia deaths vs last year, but just in the recent few months.


Are you suggesting that they're labeling Covid caused deaths as pneumonia deaths in order to show a lower amount of pandemic casualties in their state?


The evidence is suggesting that.


I'd be interested in seeing that evidence.


The numbers are there. A comparison of the numbers being reported versus the statistical norms and what is occurring elsewhere

Quote:
Wondering what would be the gain in that scenario for that state.


Well, considering they are Red states more aligned with the RNC and the blatant attempts by the Right to downplay and even deny the pandemic so they can re-open everything, I think the gain part is pretty clear.


What numbers, and where do you find them to compare this suggestion?
I don’t doubt Omar but I’d like to see this for myself.
It’s almost the opposite side of the coin of the whole fudging the death certificates idea someone threw out there.

The pandemic deaths are what they are, not seeing the downplaying part.
I follow the money and see who gains from what, on both sides.


That’s fair. When I have some time I will go back and find them. I was at work and I apologize that I neglected the link.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 12067

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
FYI, there is evidence that covid numbers are being fudged. Unfortunately, it’s actually in the opposite direction. Along with numerous red states moving to minimize their reporting, states like Florida and Georgia and Texas are having wildly statistically improbable increases in pneumonia deaths vs last year, but just in the recent few months.


Are you suggesting that they're labeling Covid caused deaths as pneumonia deaths in order to show a lower amount of pandemic casualties in their state?


The evidence is suggesting that.


I'd be interested in seeing that evidence.


The numbers are there. A comparison of the numbers being reported versus the statistical norms and what is occurring elsewhere

Quote:
Wondering what would be the gain in that scenario for that state.


Well, considering they are Red states more aligned with the RNC and the blatant attempts by the Right to downplay and even deny the pandemic so they can re-open everything, I think the gain part is pretty clear.


What numbers, and where do you find them to compare this suggestion?
I don’t doubt Omar but I’d like to see this for myself.
It’s almost the opposite side of the coin of the whole fudging the death certificates idea someone threw out there.

The pandemic deaths are what they are, not seeing the downplaying part.
I follow the money and see who gains from what, on both sides.


That’s fair. When I have some time I will go back and find them. I was at work and I apologize that I neglected the link.


thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 35567
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Im in the SGV/ Pasadena area and been getting updates and posts on my social media that a lot of the local bars and shops are opening up this weekend. I just hope people don't let their guard down and we end up taking 2 steps back. Fingers crossed


Unfortunately it's going to happen. Next time you go out take a look at how many people are wearing their masks under their noses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52241
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Im in the SGV/ Pasadena area and been getting updates and posts on my social media that a lot of the local bars and shops are opening up this weekend. I just hope people don't let their guard down and we end up taking 2 steps back. Fingers crossed


Unfortunately it's going to happen. Next time you go out take a look at how many people are wearing their masks under their noses.

I notice that all the time. I wonder if they realize droplets are inhaled? Not covering the nose defeats the purpose of a mask.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 35567
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Im in the SGV/ Pasadena area and been getting updates and posts on my social media that a lot of the local bars and shops are opening up this weekend. I just hope people don't let their guard down and we end up taking 2 steps back. Fingers crossed


Unfortunately it's going to happen. Next time you go out take a look at how many people are wearing their masks under their noses.

I notice that all the time. I wonder if they realize droplets are inhaled? Not covering the nose defeats the purpose of a mask.


The bigger issue is that droplets are exhaled.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52241
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Im in the SGV/ Pasadena area and been getting updates and posts on my social media that a lot of the local bars and shops are opening up this weekend. I just hope people don't let their guard down and we end up taking 2 steps back. Fingers crossed


Unfortunately it's going to happen. Next time you go out take a look at how many people are wearing their masks under their noses.

I notice that all the time. I wonder if they realize droplets are inhaled? Not covering the nose defeats the purpose of a mask.


The bigger issue is that droplets are exhaled.

True but don't good masks prevent the droplets from being released back into the air?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 15254

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

California Covid Deaths for May 30, 2020
-----------------------------------------------


1,888,535 Tests Performed
....1,888,535 Results Rec'd (0 PENDING)
.......106,878 POSITIVE
....1,781,717 NEGATIVE


Day............#.Day............#...Day..........#
2/26/2020 0 4/01/2020 21 5/01/2020 91
2/27/2020 0 4/02/2020 32 5/02/2020 98 (61 from LA Co)
2/28/2020 0 4/03/2020 34 5/03/2020 44 (37 from LA Co)
2/29/2020 0 4/04/2020 39 5/04/2020 39 (20 from LA Co)
3/01/2020 0 4/05/2020 43 5/05/2020 63 (27 from LA Co)
3/02/2020 0 4/06/2020 24 5/06/2020 95 (57 from LA Co)
3/03/2020 0 4/07/2020 31 5/07/2020 92 (54 from LA Co)
3/04/2020 1 4/08/2020 68 5/08/2020 81 (51 from LA Co)
3/05/2020 0 4/09/2020 50 5/09/2020 93 (50 from LA Co)
3/06/2020 0 4/10/2020 49 5/10/2020 67 (44 from LA Co)
3/07/2020 0 4/11/2020 68 5/11/2020 25 (18 from LA Co)
3/08/2020 0 4/12/2020 42 5/12/2020 77 (39 from LA Co)
3/09/2020 0 4/13/2020 36 5/13/2020 87 (44 from LA Co)
3/10/2020 1 4/14/2020 71 5/14/2020 98 (46 from LA Co)
3/12/2020 4 4/15/2020 63 5/15/2020 76 (50 from LA Co)
3/13/2020 0 4/16/2020 69 5/16/2020 96 (46 from LA Co)
3/14/2020 1 4/17/2020 95 5/17/2020 57 (38 from LA Co)
3/15/2020 0 4/18/2020 87 5/18/2020 41 (28 from LA Co)
3/16/2020 1 4/19/2020 94 5/19/2020 32 (18 from LA Co)
3/17/2020 5 4/20/2020 42 5/20/2020 102 (74 from LA Co)
3/18/2020 2 4/21/2020 60 5/21/2020 106 (57 from LA Co)
3/19/2020 3 4/22/2020 86 5/22/2020 88 (45 from LA Co)
3/20/2020 3 4/23/2020 115 5/23/2020 78 (33 from LA Co)
3/21/2020 4 4/24/2020 93 5/24/2020 66 (41 from LA Co)
3/22/2020 4 4/25/2020 89 5/25/2020 21 (14 from LA Co)
3/23/2020 0 4/26/2020 59 5/26/2020 19 (4 from LA Co)
3/24/2020 13 4/27/2020 45 5/27/2020 70 (27 from LA Co)
3/25/2020 13 4/28/2020 54 5/28/2020 89 (52 from LA Co)
3/26/2020 12 4/29/2020 78 5/29/2020 95 (46 from LA Co)
3/27/2020 13 4/30/2020 95 5/30/2020 88 (49 from LA Co)
3/28/2020 23
3/30/2020 34
3/31/2020 15


.....TOTAL 4156



------Source
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-107.aspx

------Tableau
https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID-19PublicDashboard/Covid-19Public?:embed=y&:display_count=no&:showVizHome=no
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 11574

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

California just broke its one day record for cases, at least according to worldometer. Yesterday, the record was set at 2947. Today, 3139, of which 2089 are from LA. With all the rioting, its another grim day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 19271
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
FYI, there is evidence that covid numbers are being fudged. Unfortunately, it’s actually in the opposite direction. Along with numerous red states moving to minimize their reporting, states like Florida and Georgia and Texas are having wildly statistically improbable increases in pneumonia deaths vs last year, but just in the recent few months.


Are you suggesting that they're labeling Covid caused deaths as pneumonia deaths in order to show a lower amount of pandemic casualties in their state?


The evidence is suggesting that.


I'd be interested in seeing that evidence.


The numbers are there. A comparison of the numbers being reported versus the statistical norms and what is occurring elsewhere

Quote:
Wondering what would be the gain in that scenario for that state.


Well, considering they are Red states more aligned with the RNC and the blatant attempts by the Right to downplay and even deny the pandemic so they can re-open everything, I think the gain part is pretty clear.


What numbers, and where do you find them to compare this suggestion?
I don’t doubt Omar but I’d like to see this for myself.
It’s almost the opposite side of the coin of the whole fudging the death certificates idea someone threw out there.

The pandemic deaths are what they are, not seeing the downplaying part.
I follow the money and see who gains from what, on both sides.


That’s fair. When I have some time I will go back and find them. I was at work and I apologize that I neglected the link.


thanks


Howard Dean retweeted this chart the other day but I was hesitant to post because I can't find the outside original source material. But here's a link to the tweet and I copied the Florida numbers below.

Florida Pneumonia Deaths Feb to May:
2015: 919
2016: 958
2017: 944
2018: 935
2020: 4,259

If you click the chart at the link they also show Texas and Georgia with similar jumps.

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/1266054298141589505
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 35567
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
California just broke its one day record for cases, at least according to worldometer. Yesterday, the record was set at 2947. Today, 3139, of which 2089 are from LA. With all the rioting, its another grim day.


Oh it's just starting.

Take a look at how people are wearing their masks and LA restrictions don't even get lifted further on Monday. Part is testing but part is going to be the start of the second wave.

Will the plans to reopen work? No. If everyone or at least most people adhere to the plan, it will work to a degree relative to the number of people who do so.

Let's be honest. That's not happening. Not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 15017

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ribeye wrote:
California just broke its one day record for cases, at least according to worldometer. Yesterday, the record was set at 2947. Today, 3139, of which 2089 are from LA. With all the rioting, its another grim day.


Oh it's just starting.

Take a look at how people are wearing their masks and LA restrictions don't even get lifted further on Monday. Part is testing but part is going to be the start of the second wave.

Will the plans to reopen work? No. If everyone or at least most people adhere to the plan, it will work to a degree relative to the number of people who do so.

Let's be honest. That's not happening. Not even close.

Speaking of just starting, the worse we control it now, the bigger the price to pay come ‘flu season’.
That second wave looks to be a tsunami.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 12067

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
55 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
FYI, there is evidence that covid numbers are being fudged. Unfortunately, it’s actually in the opposite direction. Along with numerous red states moving to minimize their reporting, states like Florida and Georgia and Texas are having wildly statistically improbable increases in pneumonia deaths vs last year, but just in the recent few months.


Are you suggesting that they're labeling Covid caused deaths as pneumonia deaths in order to show a lower amount of pandemic casualties in their state?


The evidence is suggesting that.


I'd be interested in seeing that evidence.


The numbers are there. A comparison of the numbers being reported versus the statistical norms and what is occurring elsewhere

Quote:
Wondering what would be the gain in that scenario for that state.


Well, considering they are Red states more aligned with the RNC and the blatant attempts by the Right to downplay and even deny the pandemic so they can re-open everything, I think the gain part is pretty clear.


What numbers, and where do you find them to compare this suggestion?
I don’t doubt Omar but I’d like to see this for myself.
It’s almost the opposite side of the coin of the whole fudging the death certificates idea someone threw out there.

The pandemic deaths are what they are, not seeing the downplaying part.
I follow the money and see who gains from what, on both sides.


That’s fair. When I have some time I will go back and find them. I was at work and I apologize that I neglected the link.


thanks


Howard Dean retweeted this chart the other day but I was hesitant to post because I can't find the outside original source material. But here's a link to the tweet and I copied the Florida numbers below.

Florida Pneumonia Deaths Feb to May:
2015: 919
2016: 958
2017: 944
2018: 935
2020: 4,259

If you click the chart at the link they also show Texas and Georgia with similar jumps.

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/1266054298141589505


I can see why you'd be hesitant. DMR's response of "the evidence suggests that" to Omar's claim sounded very confident, and I hope it wasn't due to this one tweet. And I doubt Omar would make such a serious counterclaim without verifying the actual #'s.

Quick google search and found this. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/flu_pneumonia_mortality/flu_pneumonia.htm
Shows the Influenza/Pneumonia Mortality by State - Florida with 2808 deaths in 2016, 3057 in 2017, 3091 in 2018. I didn't find 2019 & 2020 to compare. Couldn't find Feb-May rates that the tweet mentioned so can't comment more on that.
A few other articles I found claim that it's a conspiracy theory that was spread by Dean's tweet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 12067

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
ribeye wrote:
California just broke its one day record for cases, at least according to worldometer. Yesterday, the record was set at 2947. Today, 3139, of which 2089 are from LA. With all the rioting, its another grim day.


Oh it's just starting.

Take a look at how people are wearing their masks and LA restrictions don't even get lifted further on Monday. Part is testing but part is going to be the start of the second wave.

Will the plans to reopen work? No. If everyone or at least most people adhere to the plan, it will work to a degree relative to the number of people who do so.

Let's be honest. That's not happening. Not even close.

Speaking of just starting, the worse we control it now, the bigger the price to pay come ‘flu season’.
That second wave looks to be a tsunami.


Seeing all the people out there who aren't social distancing worries me tremendously about the next wave as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 35567
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52241
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.


What a turn around! When I first came to Los Angeles Santa Monica was a quiet, clean, well behaved community. Same with Venice Beach.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86601
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.


What a turn around! When I first came to Los Angeles Santa Monica was a quiet, clean, well behaved community. Same with Venice Beach.


In fairness, at that time they were both farms.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 10644

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.


What a turn around! When I first came to Los Angeles Santa Monica was a quiet, clean, well behaved community. Same with Venice Beach.


In fairness, at that time they were both farms.


And they were all pretty tired from beating off smilodons all day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 4333
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.


What a turn around! When I first came to Los Angeles Santa Monica was a quiet, clean, well behaved community. Same with Venice Beach.


In fairness, at that time they were both farms.


Weren't they basically just big tar pits at that time? Saber-toothed cats and mastodons falling in caused a bit of a ruckus but otherwise...
_________________
Dear Kobe,
Thank you for all the wonderful memories.
You and GiGi rest easy now.
A fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52241
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.


What a turn around! When I first came to Los Angeles Santa Monica was a quiet, clean, well behaved community. Same with Venice Beach.


In fairness, at that time they were both farms.


That brought a chuckle. GTH OL
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 15254

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

California Covid Deaths for May 31, 2020
-----------------------------------------------


1,944,848 Tests Performed
....1,944,848 Results Rec'd (0 PENDING)
.......110,583 POSITIVE
....1,834,265 NEGATIVE


Day............#.Day............#...Day..........#
2/26/2020 0 4/01/2020 21 5/01/2020 91
2/27/2020 0 4/02/2020 32 5/02/2020 98 (61 from LA Co)
2/28/2020 0 4/03/2020 34 5/03/2020 44 (37 from LA Co)
2/29/2020 0 4/04/2020 39 5/04/2020 39 (20 from LA Co)
3/01/2020 0 4/05/2020 43 5/05/2020 63 (27 from LA Co)
3/02/2020 0 4/06/2020 24 5/06/2020 95 (57 from LA Co)
3/03/2020 0 4/07/2020 31 5/07/2020 92 (54 from LA Co)
3/04/2020 1 4/08/2020 68 5/08/2020 81 (51 from LA Co)
3/05/2020 0 4/09/2020 50 5/09/2020 93 (50 from LA Co)
3/06/2020 0 4/10/2020 49 5/10/2020 67 (44 from LA Co)
3/07/2020 0 4/11/2020 68 5/11/2020 25 (18 from LA Co)
3/08/2020 0 4/12/2020 42 5/12/2020 77 (39 from LA Co)
3/09/2020 0 4/13/2020 36 5/13/2020 87 (44 from LA Co)
3/10/2020 1 4/14/2020 71 5/14/2020 98 (46 from LA Co)
3/12/2020 4 4/15/2020 63 5/15/2020 76 (50 from LA Co)
3/13/2020 0 4/16/2020 69 5/16/2020 96 (46 from LA Co)
3/14/2020 1 4/17/2020 95 5/17/2020 57 (38 from LA Co)
3/15/2020 0 4/18/2020 87 5/18/2020 41 (28 from LA Co)
3/16/2020 1 4/19/2020 94 5/19/2020 32 (18 from LA Co)
3/17/2020 5 4/20/2020 42 5/20/2020 102 (74 from LA Co)
3/18/2020 2 4/21/2020 60 5/21/2020 106 (57 from LA Co)
3/19/2020 3 4/22/2020 86 5/22/2020 88 (45 from LA Co)
3/20/2020 3 4/23/2020 115 5/23/2020 78 (33 from LA Co)
3/21/2020 4 4/24/2020 93 5/24/2020 66 (41 from LA Co)
3/22/2020 4 4/25/2020 89 5/25/2020 21 (14 from LA Co)
3/23/2020 0 4/26/2020 59 5/26/2020 19 (4 from LA Co)
3/24/2020 13 4/27/2020 45 5/27/2020 70 (27 from LA Co)
3/25/2020 13 4/28/2020 54 5/28/2020 89 (52 from LA Co)
3/26/2020 12 4/29/2020 78 5/29/2020 95 (46 from LA Co)
3/27/2020 13 4/30/2020 95 5/30/2020 88 (49 from LA Co)
3/28/2020 23........................5/31/2020 57 (48 from LA C0)
3/30/2020 34
3/31/2020 15


.....TOTAL 4213



------Source
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-108.aspx

------Tableau
https://public.tableau.com/views/COVID-19PublicDashboard/Covid-19Public?:embed=y&:display_count=no&:showVizHome=no
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33757

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I think its safe to say due to recent events social distancing is cancelled....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86601
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Apparently main street in Santa Monica has been a free for all ever since they allowed alcohol takeout. People have been ordering drinks and just hanging out.


What a turn around! When I first came to Los Angeles Santa Monica was a quiet, clean, well behaved community. Same with Venice Beach.


In fairness, at that time they were both farms.


That brought a chuckle. GTH OL
you know I love you
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 178, 179, 180  Next
Page 160 of 180
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB