Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
32 wrote:
I saw a segment earlier on CNN with Dr. Larry Brilliant and he said there was a new study (can't recall the study) that says there could be 85,000 deaths in the United States in the next 3 months.

its from this study

http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths

Thanks.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

So Stay the F at Home (Yes there is the F word so for the easily offended, stay the F away.)
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
32 wrote:
I saw a segment earlier on CNN with Dr. Larry Brilliant and he said there was a new study (can't recall the study) that says there could be 85,000 deaths in the United States in the next 3 months.

its from this study

http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/forecasting-covid-19-impact-hospital-bed-days-icu-days-ventilator-days-and-deaths

Thanks.

That study also has a state by state breakdown of the day of the expected peak (April 24th for California), number of expected hospital beds short (California is expected to have a surplus), number of ICU beds short (California is expected to be 299 beds short), and number of invasive ventilators needed (1,238 for California). Total deaths in California expected by 8/3/2020 is a little over 6,000.

Overall this is a lot better than I was expecting for California. New York’s shortages are much more extreme. So are Michigan’s.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
So Stay the F at Home (Yes there is the F word so for the easily offended, stay the F away.)

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ribeye wrote:

A new link
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

A lot of famous people around the world are coming down with it. Former NFL offensive lineman Tony Boselli was admitted to a Jacksonville-area hospital with it and was initially in the ICU, according to Mike Freeman, who also tweeted that he's now doing better but is still receiving treatment.
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

How the Coronavirus Could Take Over Your Body (Before You Ever Feel It)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ribeye wrote:

A new link

Thanks for the new link. I had to first listen on youtube.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
A lot of famous people around the world are coming down with it. Former NFL offensive lineman Tony Boselli was admitted to a Jacksonville-area hospital with it and was initially in the ICU, according to Mike Freeman, who also tweeted that he's now doing better but is still receiving treatment.

Good thing we are social distancing. If we weren’t, good chance he doesn’t even have an ICU to go to.

Spain and Italy. Doctors removing ventilators from elderly so the younger people can have it. Then hold their hands as they die. It’s pretty messed up right now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Good thing we are social distancing. If we weren’t, good chance he doesn’t even have an ICU to go to.

Spain and Italy. Doctors removing ventilators from elderly so the younger people can have it. Then hold their hands as they die. It’s pretty messed up right now.

Distressing. I found it hard to believe so I googled it. Some videos are voiced in Italian.

Medics: 'We are not superheroes, we just do what we can do every day'

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

John Prine has C-19 and is in critical condition. Great musician, who has battled cancer. Hoping he survives.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
John Prine has C-19 and is in critical condition. Great musician, who has battled cancer. Hoping he survives.

Just about to post the same. Very upset. Never missed him when he was in town. When he lived in LA, he was a regular at the gas station I worked at as a teen. Super nice guy and a legend. Fingers crossed!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Another tone deaf celebrity. I love Larry, but this is ridiculous. The man has made millions upon millions. He could easily help the caddies at his ultra exclusive country club withe the help of his fellow, extremely wealthy members. But instead he coughs up $5k and asks the public to do so. I feel for the caddies, but this is privilege at it's grossest.

Seinfeld co-creator starts GoFundMe page to help Riviera caddies
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Another tone deaf celebrity. I love Larry, but this is ridiculous. The man has made millions upon millions. He could easily help the caddies at his ultra exclusive country club withe the help of his fellow, extremely wealthy members. But instead he coughs up $5k and asks the public to do so. I feel for the caddies, but this is privilege at it's grossest.

He could probably donate one months worth of residuals and keep the caddies paid for the next two years.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

It is kind of on brand though.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

It is kind of on brand though.

As someone said elsewhere: In one episode he gave a waitress with diarrhea a new BMW. This could be an episode where Suzy berates him for being a cheap MFer for only giving $5000.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

He could probably donate one months worth of residuals and keep the caddies paid for the next two years.

The membership of that club could afford to keep the caddies paid and put their kids through college and not even sneeze at what it would cost them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

The $5000 donation reminds me of the episode with the Asian gentleman who bows to him but it wasn’t a good enough bow. “It was a s*** donation. No donation would have been better.”
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

As of Sunday, 3/29 afternoon:

US UPDATE: 136k Cases reported, with well over half of them (73k) in New York & New Jersey (OUCH!)

OC UPDATE: 431 total reported cases, after the numbers of new cases increasing over the previous three days (64-70-85), today there were "only" (28) new cases, not sure how to interpret that, but it could be a good sign..

GG UPDATE: Since I live in Garden Grove, there are a total (8) reported cases, with (1) new case added today. With the cities surrounding us, also relatively low: Seal Beach (1), Stanton (1), and Cypress (9).
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

bad news guys...looks like we won't be opening back up by easter, as many of us believed.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
bad news guys...looks like we won't be opening back up by easter, as many of us believed.

Looks like I'll have to cancel my cruise now. Thanks Obama.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

But I gotta be able to go to m' church so I can sing to r Sky Daddy!!!!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:

But I gotta be able to go to m' church so I can sing to r Sky Daddy!!!!

NYT: Liberty University Brings Back Its Students, and Coronavirus Fears, Too

Quote:
So Mr. Falwell — a staunch ally of President Trump and an influential voice in the evangelical world — reopened the university last week, igniting a firestorm. As of Friday, Dr. Eppes said, nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggested Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus. Three were referred to local hospital centers for testing. Another eight were told to self-isolate.

“Liberty will be notifying the community as deemed appropriate and required by law,” Mr. Falwell said in an interview on Sunday when confronted with the numbers. He added that any student now returning to campus would be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It's devastating. The virus literally eats up ppl's lungs, damages lungs and other organs if it gets to that point. Doctors most likely see that their lungs couldn't be saved and decided to remove the ventilators and pass it on to the ones that have a fighting chance.

Some people don't even feel symptoms of the virus causing damage to the lungs and is detected on xray. That's the most crucial time to use the antiviral medication so that the virus doesn't go on to destroy lung tissues.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

To be fair, I wouldnt want to take on the added tax liabilities by gifting someone thousands of dollars. Plus, how many others would be hitting you up for cash? They are employed by the golf club. The golf club should be the ones who help them directly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 79 of 318
Jump to: