Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

Day 2 after 2nd vaccination. No side effects. Indulging in my favorite past time, baking 2 sweet potato pies. All from scratch, including the crust.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Day 2 after 2nd vaccination. No side effects. Indulging in my favorite past time, baking 2 sweet potato pies. All from scratch, including the crust.

Congrats! Did you get Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Code:

California Covid Deaths for February 07, 2021
-----------------------------------------------
43,994,322 Tests Performed
   43,994,322 Results Rec'd (0 PENDING)
     3,335,926 POSITIVE
   40,658,396  NEGATIVE

Day.......#...Day........#...Day........#
1/01/2021 585 02/01/2021 211
1/02/2021 386 02/02/2021 422
1/03/2021 181 02/03/2021 481
1/04/2021 97  02/04/2021 655
1/05/2021 368 02/05/2021 558
1/06/2021 459 02/06/2021 623
1/07/2021 583 02/07/2021 295
1/08/2021 493
1/09/2021 695
1/10/2021 468
1/11/2021 264
1/12/2021 548
1/13/2021 589
1/14/2021 552
1/15/2021 637
1/16/2021 669
1/17/2021 432
1/18/2021 201
1/19/2021 146
1/20/2021 694
1/21/2021 571
1/22/2021 764
1/23/2021 593
1/24/2021 429
1/25/2021 328
1/26/2021 409
1/27/2021 697
1/28/2021 737
1/29/2021 617
1/30/2021 638
1/31/2021 481

.....TOTAL 43,942

------Tableau
https://update.covid19.ca.gov/

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Live it up, j

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Live it up, j

Day 3. No after effects. I'm relatively sure I won't have any. My advice to any who have fears forged from vaccine after effect horror stories, there are possibilities but my experience allows, take the shot, the possible protection outweighs the discomfort.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Congrats! Did you get Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?

Pfizer. 95% efficacy. Got that word from Dr. Fauci.

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Good on you, Jo.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Haven't been in this thread in a week or more to catch up so:

Wilt: Glad to hear your dad is progressing so well! He must be a man of strength and faith and with a strong, loving family to support him. May he return to complete health soon.

Jodeke: Glad to hear you got your first vaccine shot and had no issues. The folks that I know who have gotten it have either reported no issues or maybe feeling tired, sore arm or minor muscle aches but only for 24 hrs or less. Most have not gotten their second dose so that might change but nothing compared to suffering thru covid!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

So about 40million vaccinated roughly out of 200million 18&over so far... not bad

If 1.5m per day, 100ish more days, 4 months, summer
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Glad to hear you had no sides effects, but don't eat those all in ine sitting, otherwise there will be others.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Live it up, j

He's been doing son since he finally got off that Ark.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Glad to hear you had no side effects, but don't eat those all in one sitting, otherwise there will be others.

FIFY
Took a minute to get it because of your phone posts spelling.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Haven't been in this thread in a week or more to catch up so:

Wilt: Glad to hear your dad is progressing so well! He must be a man of strength and faith and with a strong, loving family to support him. May he return to complete health soon.

Jodeke: Glad to hear you got your first vaccine shot and had no issues. The folks that I know who have gotten it have either reported no issues or maybe feeling tired, sore arm or minor muscle aches but only for 24 hrs or less. Most have not gotten their second dose so that might change but nothing compared to suffering thru covid!

I had a minor muscle ache at the injection shot spot. That lasts 2 3 days. No lethargy. That was on both vaccinations.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Live it up, j

He's been doing son since he finally got off that Ark.

explains the 2 sweet potato pies

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Went to a funeral today. All graveside. They lowered the casket first and as soon as the box was down, the crew was breaking down the equipment to move to the next site.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Went to a funeral today. All graveside. They lowered the casket first and as soon as the box was down, the crew was breaking down the equipment to move to the next site.

I can't stand to be there when they lower the casket. I watched them lower my grandmother. That made it seem so final. Haven't been graveside since.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject:

3 Santa Clarita family members who attended Thanksgiving gathering die within 2 weeks of each other

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/3-santa-clarita-relatives-who-attended-thanksgiving-gathering-die-of-covid-19-within-2-weeks-of-each-other/

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

^^^^ When are peope going to start taking this thing seriously? I sit in my window and watch people walking down the street together and alone with no face masks. COVID thrives on ignorance. Freedum!!!!

Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^ When are peope going to start taking this thing seriously? I sit in my window and watch people walking down the street together and alone with no face masks. COVID thrives on ignorance. Freedum!!!!

If I'm going to be walking or running alone, I'm not going to wear a mask.

If I'm walking with my wife I'm not going wear a mask either.

---George Carlin
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If I'm going to be walking or running alone, I'm not going to wear a mask.

If I'm walking with my wife I'm not going wear a mask either.

I don't wear a mask when I walk alone, I carry one with me.

No after effects from the vaccination. I'm good to go. I'll follow the advice of Dr. Fauci when in public, wear and mask, and social distance. After you get vaccinated don't let your guard down.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

CDC says if you have been double vaxxed, you do not need to quarantine if you've been exposed to covid

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-don-t-need-quarantine-if-exposed-n1257336

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject:

Europe's oldest known person, French nun Sister Andre' recently beat covid (with only minor symptoms) and she turned 117 years-old on Thurs.

Her birthday lunch:
Quote:
"Port wine as a lunch starter, followed by foie gras with hot figs. Roasted capon with mushrooms and sweet potatoes as a main course, followed by a two-cheese platter — Roquefort, and goat cheese — and maybe a few glasses of red wine.

And finally, a raspberry and peach flavored Baked Alaska. That will come with a glass of Champagne."

You go for it Sister.

NYTimes
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

My dad left the hospital on Monday and is now residing at a rehab facility. He's doing well except he has to deal with constant pain in his stomach, though that's been improving as well. His body is still adjusting to eating real food.

I finally visited him on Tuesday and a couple times since. I can only see him through a window, but it's awesome to talk to him. He lost a lot of weight, but otherwise looks good.

They say he'll stay there at least two more weeks. This morning, he was able to walk for five minutes with the help of a walker. He watches sports all day and says he's worried about the Brooklyn Nets if they're healthy in the playoffs.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

^Great that you can see and talk to him! To me, as a dad, that would be the worst -- not being able to be with my kids. I assume the stomach pain is from eating real food again?

Side note: My son is out of quarantine and is pretty much back to normal other than he still can't smell anything. Not sure when that will come back. It's been two weeks since he tested positive, but probably about 19 days since he caught it. So maybe in a couple more weeks.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
^Great that you can see and talk to him! To me, as a dad, that would be the worst -- not being able to be with my kids. I assume the stomach pain is from eating real food again?

Side note: My son is out of quarantine and is pretty much back to normal other than he still can't smell anything. Not sure when that will come back. It's been two weeks since he tested positive, but probably about 19 days since he caught it. So maybe in a couple more weeks.

I can attest that some of the residual effects last long after you're over the virus. I'm still getting tired early and sleeping more than I used to, although I am measuring progress on a week-by-week basis.

Can't say about loss of smell or taste, though. I never lost my sense of smell, and my sense of taste was affected on in that anything acidic tasted like battery acid. But for me, that went away with (most of) the rest of the symptoms.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 221 of 318
Jump to: