Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
C M B wrote:
Wilt, still thinking about you & your dad.

Yes, every day.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yes, every day.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yes, every day.

edit : double post

Last edited by PLATNUM on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yes, every day.

Stay strong, Wilt
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yes, every day.

Stay strong, Wilt

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Deaths are projected to reach 567,000 by April 1.

More than 1 million people have received their first shot of a Covid-19 vaccine, but an influential coronavirus model projects the US death toll will climb well over a half million, topping 567,000 by April 1.

The latest projection from the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation notes that number could explode further to 731,000 by April 1 if states ease mandates aimed at containing the novel coronavirus.

CNN
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Whelp....my whole family tested positive.

My symptoms are VERY mild, no fever, no loss of taste or smell, no difficulty breathing. Just a very slight cough and mild bodyache. I wouldn't have thought anything of it since I had been working in the garage and exposed to dust. But my wife came down with it first, got tested right away, and came up positive. That led to my daughter & I getting tested and we both came up positive as well.

My wife had it a little worse (more pronounced cough, fever, lethargy), but she feels like she's over the hump and is getting better. My daughter is experiencing more of the classic symptoms including loss of taste & smell, but she's just 21 so we're not overly concerned.

We have no idea how we got it, although the timing would indicate that my wife gave it to us. (I got her jewelry for Christmas; she got me COVID...). We're pretty careful & diligent, but she works at a hospital, so that's one possible vector.

I think I'm going to go crash one of those anti-mask rallies. You know, thin the herd....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Wow, LC. Sorry to hear that - but glad everyone is recovering. Here's hoping you all recover completely.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Good thoughts for Wilt and LC.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

My symptoms are VERY mild, no fever, no loss of taste or smell, no difficulty breathing. Just a very slight cough and mild bodyache. I wouldn't have thought anything of it since I had been working in the garage and exposed to dust. But my wife came down with it first, got tested right away, and came up positive. That led to my daughter & I getting tested and we both came up positive as well.

My wife had it a little worse (more pronounced cough, fever, lethargy), but she feels like she's over the hump and is getting better. My daughter is experiencing more of the classic symptoms including loss of taste & smell, but she's just 21 so we're not overly concerned.

We have no idea how we got it, although the timing would indicate that my wife gave it to us. (I got her jewelry for Christmas; she got me COVID...). We're pretty careful & diligent, but she works at a hospital, so that's one possible vector.

I think I'm going to go crash one of those anti-mask rallies. You know, thin the herd....

Yikes, LC. Scary stuff... but glad to hear things are on the upswing.
Keep us posted.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Sorry to hear. Take care of yourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Good thoughts for Wilt and LC.

speedy recovery for you and family
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

Thank you all for your positive thoughts!

Here's an update:

He had a good couple days when he went to the hospital, but then he went to the ICU and was put on a ventilator. His body responded well and things were looking somewhat better. At some point, he was able to breathe on his own for 2 hours, which made him tired and was put back on a ventilator. All of that was expected and part of the recovery.

However, on Wednesday morning, he had a fever and could not breathe on his own. They put him on his stomach (which is the worst case scenario when on a ventilator) and they told us to prepare for the worst.

But he's been better in the last couple days, to the point where they no longer had him laying on his stomach. He has no fever and all his organs (except for the lungs) are good.

So the situation is stable. But he needs to show some improvement soon. If this goes on for another week, his lungs might be too damaged to ever recover. His diabetes is probably the main reason why the recovery is very slow.

I've been an emotional wreck. I've had two panic attacks to the point where I was about to hurt myself, but my mom and my girlfriend calmed me down. My dad and I are incredibly close, so I can't imagine life without him, but I have to prepare myself for the worst, while hoping for the best.

LC - Glad things are improving for you and your family.
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Here's an update:

He had a good couple days when he went to the hospital, but then he went to the ICU and was put on a ventilator. His body responded well and things were looking somewhat better. At some point, he was able to breathe on his own for 2 hours, which made him tired and was put back on a ventilator. All of that was expected and part of the recovery.

However, on Wednesday morning, he had a fever and could not breathe on his own. They put him on his stomach (which is the worst case scenario when on a ventilator) and they told us to prepare for the worst.

But he's been better in the last couple days, to the point where they no longer had him laying on his stomach. He has no fever and all his organs (except for the lungs) are good.

So the situation is stable. But he needs to show some improvement soon. If this goes on for another week, his lungs might be too damaged to ever recover. His diabetes is probably the main reason why the recovery is very slow.

I've been an emotional wreck. I've had two panic attacks to the point where I was about to hurt myself, but my mom and my girlfriend calmed me down. My dad and I are incredibly close, so I can't imagine life without him, but I have to prepare myself for the worst, while hoping for the best.

Thinking of you and your family.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Here's an update:

My prayers are with your father and you. Think positive. Praying for the best. 🙏🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Here's an update:

Thank you. My thoughts are with you & your dad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Will continue to hope for the best for you and your dad, Wilt. ❤️
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Wow, that must have been rough news for you all and I am very sorry to hear it. But I'm heartened to hear that so far you all seem to be weathering it OK. Best wishes to you all for a full and speedy recovery.

And I hope your excursion to the anti-mask rally if a fruitfully effective one.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Here's an update:

Thank you for sharing the update. I can't imagine the emotional ride your family is on. Your father sounds like quite the fighter. I hope that his battle is a wholly successful one and you have many more years of camaraderie ahead.

You continue to be in my thoughts. Take care man.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Sorry to hear that LC. Are you taking any medications or just letting the virus run its course? Wishing you well.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

I wish you and your family nothing but the best Wilt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Sorry to hear that LC. Are you taking any medications or just letting the virus run its course? Wishing you well.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Covid has hit our LG family. I am praying for everyone affected by this terrible disease.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Thanks! Just Advil. And I'm sleeping a LOT.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks! Just Advil. And I'm sleeping a LOT.

I told you not to kiss Pincus.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 209 of 318
Jump to: