Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
We have daily Skype/Zoom conference calls for work. And the change in everyone's demeanor over the past few weeks has been interesting. We used to spend the majority of the 30 minutes talking about work and our objectives, etc. Today, we didn't say a single thing about work. We just talked, shared stories and told jokes. We agreed to all log in after hours to all have a drink "together" next Friday nite.

Awesome! The weirder things are getting, the better we all seem to be getting at making things as normal as possible. Hope you guys have a great Virtual Happy Hour.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
We have daily Skype/Zoom conference calls for work. And the change in everyone's demeanor over the past few weeks has been interesting. We used to spend the majority of the 30 minutes talking about work and our objectives, etc. Today, we didn't say a single thing about work. We just talked, shared stories and told jokes. We agreed to all log in after hours to all have a drink "together" next Friday nite.

Awesome! The weirder things are getting, the better we all seem to be getting at making things as normal as possible. Hope you guys have a great Virtual Happy Hour.

Thank you! It will be my first time "hanging out" with people in weeks . lol
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Cover me...

I'm heading out to the grocery store, Friday morning...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

any good family friendly trails that are not closed? Want to get my fam some open nature time this weekend while keeping our distance from others.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

The newest abomination for covid truthers is #filmyourhospital. To fully appreciate how dumb these brainlets are, search for that string on youtube.

After you do that, watch this:

hundreds of cars honk at a hospital as tribute to medical workers

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

First-hand account from NYC by a writer at The Root:

Quote:
T Ray-Ray @Russian_Starr

I was just discharged from the hospital after a non-COVID-19-related emergency (appendix removed), but the gravity of how bad this virus is ravaging NYC is terrifying. I’m safe but I saw and heard a lot during stay at the hospital as people around me died of COVID-19.

I’ll be writing about my experience @TheRoot after I return to work after a week but things in New York City are worse than you’ve heard.

Having a non-related COVID-19 emergency was an eye opener into how stressed our healthcare system is.

I wish I could write about my experience sooner, but I need to rest up. It’s terrifying, though. Doctors and nurses in tears, while floors being converted to covid-19 wards. I and another man were the *only* non-covid 19 people on my floor.

A man died near me and I passed a dead person in a body bag on my way out hospital. PLEASE take this seriously. My hospital was so full, they kept me in pediatrics until they moved me to an overnight room. They aren’t testing for covid-19 unless you are literally dying. It’s bad.

Much more to share (including how the staff wanted out the hospital ASAP to minimize COVID-19 exposure—even after my own medical emergency), but it’s rest time now. I survived and will soon tell you how you can navigate a health scare during a pandemic.

Thanks for well-wishes!

I’ll end with this: we need a much better healthcare system free of business influence and universal healthcare for all. If my health scare taught me anything, it’s that much.

twitter link
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

We need some form of robot health worker. Something that could remotely do simple things, like bring meds, food, check temp, check vitals, etc (I'm sure there are additional things, as well). robots are potentially unlimited, and won't get sick. I'm sure it sounds futuristic, but it needs to get done.

This whole thing should be a wakeup call that health workers are not unlimited.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

Pray for New York.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1246093890647724035?s=19
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

John Prine’s Wife Fiona: ‘He Is Very Ill and Yet I Remain Hopeful’
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
We need some form of robot health worker. Something that could remotely do simple things, like bring meds, food, check temp, check vitals, etc (I'm sure there are additional things, as well). robots are potentially unlimited, and won't get sick. I'm sure it sounds futuristic, but it needs to get done.

My best friend's son is a doctor in NYC. He tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks ago with mild symptoms. He self-quarantined, became symptom free after two weeks, and is now back working in hospital full time. His mom asked him to take it easy going back, and he said, Mom, that's not who I am or what we do. We have to do this, we have no choice. Heartbreaking all the way around.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
John Prine’s Wife Fiona: ‘He Is Very Ill and Yet I Remain Hopeful’

Fiona's been giving out some updates through the fan club, so glad he's been hanging in there so far. This is the truly sad part of this virus:

"I cannot be with him which makes this nightmare all the more distressing for me.”

It's horrible that when struck by this horrible illness that one can'y even have the comfort of one's loved ones and vice versa.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

My best friend's son is a doctor in NYC. He tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks ago with mild symptoms. He self-quarantined, became symptom free after two weeks, and is now back in hospital full time. His mom asked him to take it easy going back, and he said, Mom, that's not who I am or what we do. We have to do this, we have no choice. Heartbreaking all the way around.

My prayers and thanks go out to your friend the doctor, his family and friends. 🙏🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

My best friend's son is a doctor in NYC. He tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks ago with mild symptoms. He self-quarantined, became symptom free after two weeks, and is now back working in hospital full time. His mom asked him to take it easy going back, and he said, Mom, that's not who I am or what we do. We have to do this, we have no choice. Heartbreaking all the way around.

Great to hear. Hopefully, he's immune to it now.

Frustrating to see good people charging into dangerous situations while selfish jackasses around the country add to the problem with their stupidity.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

We did the virtual happy hour with our company last Friday. I thought it was great. A little bit of normalcy. One thing that seems just too difficult to replicate with remote working is just all the banter, watercooler talk, jokes, etc. that you share throughout your day and that you now miss. And probably need even more of it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Listening to MSNBC the United States is the only country whose curve isn't flattening. Trumps not listening to his advisers. He's killing us. Something has tho be done. I guess it's going to be up to governors.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Listening to MSNBC the United States is the only country whose curve isn't flattening. Trumps not listening to his advisers. Trump's killing us.

No, a virus released to the world by the Chinese is killing people. We know what we have to do to attempt to protect ourselves, we need to do it. Where those measures have failed is where they weren’t followed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Listening to MSNBC the United States is the only country whose curve isn't flattening. Trumps not listening to his advisers. Trump's killing us.

No, a virus released to the world by the Chinese is killing people. We know what we have to do to attempt to protect ourselves, we need to do it. Where those measures have failed is where they weren’t followed.

Yes, we know that to do and I know we're not doing it. Trump is the one who has the authority to put the country on lock down. That's what is causing the curve to flatten in other countries. His advisers are asking him to do that and he's not doing it. Listen to him, he's the problem, he's still downplaying the seriousness of the virus. He's not a leader, he's a idiot. He's touting voluntary use of a face mask. He's saying he's not going to do it. He says cloth makes will do the job. Damn VLF what does he have to do to make you see him for what he is and what he's doing?

I'm working on a invention that will allow me to reach into my TV, extract a person and do away with him.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

We did the virtual happy hour with our company last Friday. I thought it was great. A little bit of normalcy. One thing that seems just too difficult to replicate with remote working is just all the banter, watercooler talk, jokes, etc. that you share throughout your day and that you now miss. And probably need even more of it.

Awesome. I've always hated video chat and Face Time. But have been doing it lately with a few friends from work and golf buddies and it has been a real comfort to have a bit that agin.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Very glad that he has recovered and am extremely grateful that we have truly special people who are willing and driven to put themselves at risk for the benefit of the rest of us.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Awesome. I've always hated video chat and Face Time. But have been doing it lately with a few friends from work and golf buddies and it has been a real comfort to have a bit that agin.

I've been face timing my family lately. I face timed my sister. She asked "Brother, that's what my family calls me, are you alright? You've never face timed me before. I said just wanted to look at you. She's in S Carolina. I've seen a nephew I haven't seen for quite awhile also other family members and friends, my family on the East coast and some here in Frisco and Reseda. I''m seeing more of them than I have for some time. I kinda like it.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

@ CL, DMR. Both of you asked should I believe Mnuchin because he lies as much as Trump. I'm listening to Trump and Pence lying about the spread of the virus. If Mnuchin is in fact as much a liar as these two those who don't have direct deposit may be in deep doo doo.

All praise be to Trump. He's taking credit for things he's not doing. Not only are those without direct deposit in deep doo doo, so are we.

Adams is shooting Trump down on wearing masks.

Don't ask, Where's Dr Fauci?

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I've been face timing my family lately. I face timed my sister. She asked "Brother, that's what my family calls me, are you alright? You've never face timed me before. I said just wanted to look at you. She's in S Carolina. I've seen a nephew I haven't seen for quite awhile also other family members and friends, my family on the East coast and some here in Frisco and Reseda. I''m seeing more of them than I have for some time. I kinda like it.

That's great man!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Reporters are giving Trump hell. I love it. He has no answers. He's a complete IDIOT.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Coronavirus in the U.S.: How Fast It’s Growing

Type in a city to compare growth rates with other cities.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

That's great man!

I don't go out much, therefore I don't shave every day. Since I've been face timing I'm shaving more.

Where's Dr Fauci?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 87 of 318
Jump to: