Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Workers protest at Instacart, Amazon and Whole Foods for health protections and hazard pay
Quote:

Instacart workers held their strike in part because they say the company has failed to provide hand sanitizer, masks or disinfectant during the outbreak. On Sunday, Instacart announced that it used a third-party vendor to manufacture hand sanitizer and would begin allowing workers to order it online Monday, and start shipping next week. Workers had asked that Instacart raise the default tip setting in the app to 10 percent, up from 5 percent or less. Instead, Instacart is changing the default setting to the customer’s last tip amounts.

I only did the pick up at the back of the store (no option to tip), and was surprised that no one was wearing a mask.

Not sure why it's surprising. There's a desperate shortages on masks...My sister is an pediatric oncologist at Children's Hospital of Orange County and she told me all masks are locked up when I asked her if she could get me a few. This is at CHOC much less a hospital like USC Medical. Gig workers are SOL sadly.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Seems that the social distancing and other policies are working in Washington state. Hospitalizations have declined. Transmission rates have also fallen.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Workers protest at Instacart, Amazon and Whole Foods for health protections and hazard pay
Quote:

Instacart workers held their strike in part because they say the company has failed to provide hand sanitizer, masks or disinfectant during the outbreak. On Sunday, Instacart announced that it used a third-party vendor to manufacture hand sanitizer and would begin allowing workers to order it online Monday, and start shipping next week. Workers had asked that Instacart raise the default tip setting in the app to 10 percent, up from 5 percent or less. Instead, Instacart is changing the default setting to the customer’s last tip amounts.

I only did the pick up at the back of the store (no option to tip), and was surprised that no one was wearing a mask.

Not sure why it's surprising. There's a desperate shortages on masks...My sister is an pediatric oncologist at Children's Hospital of Orange County and she told me all masks are locked up when I asked her if she could get me a few. This is at CHOC much less a hospital like USC Medical. Gig workers are SOL sadly.

The workers employed by the store (Sprouts) were masked, though.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Quote:

Do you know what kind they had? Actually curious. I was at Smart and Final and they had gloves, no masks.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Quote:

Do you know what kind they had? Actually curious. I was at Smart and Final and they had gloves, no masks.

Just the simple cloth ones.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

OC New cases went DOWN for the second day in a row:

After 3 straight days of big numbers of new cases: 64-68-83

The last two days were are 28 & 37..

Is it working?

Worried about shopping? Try Seal Beach or Stanton or Laguna Hills as all of these are only reporting 1 CASE!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Is it working?

Worried about shopping? Try Seal Beach or Stanton or Laguna Hills as all of these are only reporting 1 CASE!

I can talk about Seal Beach/HB/Westminster area. Everyone is VERY hunkered down out here. That Smart and Final I was at last Thursday evening had about 6-7 patrons inside. 3 employees.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Is it working?

Or stay the hell away depending on the level of testing.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject:

just got our first pediatric case at work...it's a rule out pending a crit result, but all other signs tell the tale

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:23 am    Post subject:

please share

https://i.imgur.com/wPk2c4d.png

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject:

More the prevention rather than The Cure . . . but the point still stands.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

Captain of aircraft carrier with growing coronavirus outbreak pleads for help from Navy

Quote:
The USS Teddy Roosevelt has 200+ cases of COVID (out of 4K onboard) and the Captain is pleading to quarantine the entire crew immediately in Guam.

Quote:
The captain of a nuclear aircraft carrier with more than 100 sailors infected with the coronavirus pleaded Monday with U.S. Navy officials for resources to allow isolation of his entire crew and avoid possible deaths in a situation he described as quickly deteriorating.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Captain of aircraft carrier with growing coronavirus outbreak pleads for help from Navy

Quote:
The USS Teddy Roosevelt has 200+ cases of COVID (out of 4K onboard) and the Captain is pleading to quarantine the entire crew immediately in Guam.

Quote:
The captain of a nuclear aircraft carrier with more than 100 sailors infected with the coronavirus pleaded Monday with U.S. Navy officials for resources to allow isolation of his entire crew and avoid possible deaths in a situation he described as quickly deteriorating.

Hey, but "we" got it under control. . . .
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

Listening to Governor Cuomo on CNN. States are bidding on ventilators from China. FEMA has entered the bidding. He's saying FEMA has the upper hand because the feds have more money and is buying all the ventilators. That means Trump has control. He has position to dictate who gets the equipment.

It blows my mind this pandemic has turned into a bidding war. The damn almighty dollar the controller. Trump has our dollars as his weapon. He can outbid all states.

He's shown how vindictive he can be. Governors he doesn't like will be low on the list of who he lets the equipment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

very difficult to distance oneself on board a Navy vessel.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

Covid treatments/therapies in the queue:

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/analysis/coronavirus-mers-cov-drugs/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

very difficult to distance oneself on board a Navy vessel.

or in an Army, Air Force, or Marine barracks. They all have to share bathrooms/showers and mess facilities.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

still wondering why there was no lock down in 2017. 2018 or 2019 where situations have been worse in south of Europe. This starts to stink and smell like a fabricated economic crisis Week 13 data is due tomorrow - this better be dark blue everywhere...

https://www.euromomo.eu/slices/map_2017_2020.html
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
still wondering why there was no lock down in 2017. 2018 or 2019 where situations have been worse in south of Europe. This starts to stink and smell like a fabricated economic crisis Week 13 data is due tomorrow - this better be dark blue everywhere...

https://www.euromomo.eu/slices/map_2017_2020.html

Not everything is a conspiracy...
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else feeling cooped up yet? I had to bust out and get in my car and drive down PCH. I even said hi to a cop next to me just to have some pleasantries with another human being in real life.

Fortunately I have kids (hence the escape to PCH), but I worry about those that are cooped up alone.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Anyone else feeling cooped up yet? I had to bust out and get in my car and drive down PCH. I even said hi to a cop next to me just to have some pleasantries with another human being in real life.

Fortunately I have kids (hence the escape to PCH), but I worry about those that are cooped up alone.

Daily walks with my dog help a lot. I suppose it depends on how dense the area is where you live. Where I live, it's pretty easy to keep distance from other people on the streets.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Daily walks with my dog help a lot. I suppose it depends on how dense the area is where you live. Where I live, it's pretty easy to keep distance from other people on the streets.

Yeah I suppose that’s right though there is now at least one researcher saying 27 feet of distance is necessary. Too much conflicting information out there.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

3/31/20

86,100+ tested
...28,704 results (6,932 Positive [150 deaths], 21,772 Negative)
...57,400 results pending

2% fatality rate for CA
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Hospitals to doctors and nurses: Shut up about equipment shortages or you're fired

Quote:
Hospital staff have been frantically trying to get the word out: They are slammed with COVID-19 patients and they don’t have enough personal protective equipment to handle all the patients safely. But in some cases the effort to let the public know the severity of the situation is running up against hospital administrators who want to muzzle front-line healthcare workers, Bloomberg reports.

An emergency room doctor in Washington state was fired after doing a newspaper interview about inadequate protective gear and testing. NYU Langone Health has told workers that talking to the media without permission could cost them their jobs. And in Chicago, a nurse was fired for emailing her colleagues—not even the media—about wanting better protective gear.

Yep. I can't think of a better way to handle a shortage of doctors and nurses than firing them for speaking out about the danger they're in.

It's a beautiful world we live in.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LA County update.

Quote:
Dr. Ferrer announces 548 new cases of #COVID19 and 10 deaths. Total cases in LA County= 3,011; total deaths= 54

https://mobile.twitter.com/CountyofLA/status/1245092608398880768
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 81 of 318
Jump to: