Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Dr Fauci announces a new mask that will save thousands of lives LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

and yet Trump's approval rating for handling the Covid pandemic is at 60%....
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I just saw a 30-second ad (during a Matrix marathon on AMC):

Franklin Graham says if you are scared of the Coronivirus you should get down on your knees and pray to Jesus then call Graham on his free 800 number so they can "help" you. And by "help" they mean they will help separate you from your money so he can profit off a tragic pandemic.

Meanwhile Jerry Fallwell Jr's christian Liberty University has decided to invite students back because in a pandemic what could go wrong with letting young people resume their activities as if nothing is wrong while ignoring social distancing?

As the Coronavirus Hit, Most Colleges Sent People Home. Liberty University Is Welcoming Them Back.

Quote:
Falwell, who heads the private evangelical university in Lynchburg that was founded by his father, the late Rev. Jerry L. Falwell Sr., said complaints that his decision could endanger the lives of students or local residents were “politically driven” and “based on ignorance.”

#smh

Another one in Louisiana defied social distancing guidelines and claims he had 1,000 people attend his most recent Sunday service.

LINK

I thought you were talking about him because he made the same claim about "political motives".

Quote:
On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.
On Tuesday evening, the pastor plans to hold services again, despite the governor's stay-at-home orders, a petition seeking his arrest and a flood of criticism from fellow Christians.
"If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors," Spell told CNN on Tuesday. "But you can't say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith."
Spell has told CNN he believes the pandemic is "politically motivated."

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

To curb church attendance? I admit to pondering it as a silver lining. A couple months off and these yokels might find a better way to spend their donation money.

And if you begin to accept that God is less powerful than germs in his holy house why would you go anyway?

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I just saw a 30-second ad (during a Matrix marathon on AMC):

Franklin Graham says if you are scared of the Coronivirus you should get down on your knees and pray to Jesus then call Graham on his free 800 number so they can "help" you. And by "help" they mean they will help separate you from your money so he can profit off a tragic pandemic.

Meanwhile Jerry Fallwell Jr's christian Liberty University has decided to invite students back because in a pandemic what could go wrong with letting young people resume their activities as if nothing is wrong while ignoring social distancing?

As the Coronavirus Hit, Most Colleges Sent People Home. Liberty University Is Welcoming Them Back.

Quote:
Falwell, who heads the private evangelical university in Lynchburg that was founded by his father, the late Rev. Jerry L. Falwell Sr., said complaints that his decision could endanger the lives of students or local residents were “politically driven” and “based on ignorance.”

#smh

Another one in Louisiana defied social distancing guidelines and claims he had 1,000 people attend his most recent Sunday service.

LINK

I thought you were talking about him because he made the same claim about "political motives".

Quote:
On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.
On Tuesday evening, the pastor plans to hold services again, despite the governor's stay-at-home orders, a petition seeking his arrest and a flood of criticism from fellow Christians.
"If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors," Spell told CNN on Tuesday. "But you can't say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith."
Spell has told CNN he believes the pandemic is "politically motivated."

Spell is one of the reasons the Agnostic community is increased at least 10 fold.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm aware that no one can really answer this but I'm starting to believe that the virus can be transferred through the air even when there's nobody around. Also, I'm worried about touch mail and things I order from online stores now. I would not be surprised if this was another mode of contracting the virus.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
I'm aware that no one can really answer this but I'm starting to believe that the virus can be transferred through the air even when there's nobody around. Also, I'm worried about touch mail and things I order from online stores now. I would not be surprised if this was another mode of contracting the virus.

They tested surfaces on those infected cruise ships and the virus was still alive after 2 to 3 weeks. It's very virulent. You can't take too many precautions.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:

"Routes of transmission COVID-19 is transmitted via droplets and fomites during close unprotected contact between an infector and infectee. Airborne spread has not been reported for COVID-19 and it is not believed to be a major driver of transmission based on available evidence; however, it can be envisaged if certain aerosol-generating procedures are conducted in health care facilities. " Source: WHO Report PDF
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
GoldenChild wrote:

"Routes of transmission COVID-19 is transmitted via droplets and fomites during close unprotected contact between an infector and infectee. Airborne spread has not been reported for COVID-19 and it is not believed to be a major driver of transmission based on available evidence; however, it can be envisaged if certain aerosol-generating procedures are conducted in health care facilities. " Source: WHO Report PDF

This the 6 feet of separation, the droplets will drop out of the air in that distance.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:

Were all this true, the #'s would be staggering already. Staggering to the point of we all had it, have it or are incubating it. All of us.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

Quote:
"It’s not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

The world won't miss them if they all die because of their stupidity, as long as they don't contaminate anybody. The problem is they will, eventually.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

Quote:
"It’s not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

The world won't miss them if they all die because of their stupidity, as long as they don't contaminate anybody. The problem is they will, eventually.

I'm sure their belief will keep them safe. Seems to have worked out well for those snake-handling churches.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
GoldenChild wrote:

They tested surfaces on those infected cruise ships and the virus was still alive after 2 to 3 weeks. It's very virulent. You can't take too many precautions.

So it was portions of the virus...not the complete virus. What they found was Viral RNA...bits and pieces.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

So for those in other states, are you allowed to have more than 10 people if you're considered an essential business?

I'm in the construction supply business, which in the state of OK, and I think every other state that has issued these stay at home mandates makes us "essential"

I just can't find verbiage if we're allowed to have more than 10 at our facility.
Normally we have 17, we could run with maybe 4 or 5. But that only allows 5 customers in the door at a time.

---George Carlin
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ET_NXFkXQAE_HNt?format=png&name=small
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

"We are about to pass China and Italy in total number of cases within the next couple of days." --Chris Hayes, MSNBC.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Just came across this: Johns Hopkins: HOW LONG CAN THE VIRUS THAT CAUSES COVID-19 LIVE ON SURFACES?

Quote:
Carolyn Machamer, a cell biologist who specializes in coronaviruses, discusses the latest research on the virus that causes COVID-19
BySamuel Volkin / Published March 20

Quote:
According to a recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can live in the air and on surfaces between several hours and several days. The study found that the virus is viable for up to 72 hours on plastics, 48 hours on stainless steel, 24 hours on cardboard, and 4 hours on copper. It is also detectable in the air for three hours.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Why do you think its at 60% (94% Rep, 60% Ind, & 27% Dem)?
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Just came across this: Johns Hopkins: HOW LONG CAN THE VIRUS THAT CAUSES COVID-19 LIVE ON SURFACES?

Quote:
Carolyn Machamer, a cell biologist who specializes in coronaviruses, discusses the latest research on the virus that causes COVID-19
BySamuel Volkin / Published March 20

Quote:
According to a recent study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, can live in the air and on surfaces between several hours and several days. The study found that the virus is viable for up to 72 hours on plastics, 48 hours on stainless steel, 24 hours on cardboard, and 4 hours on copper. It is also detectable in the air for three hours.

Due to recent post here, I think we need to know that scientist political association before we can believe her or not.

---George Carlin
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Probably a discussion better suited to the Poli Thread . . .?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Buckle up. The unemployment numbers come out tomorrow.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Runyan Canyon in LA shut down.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Runyan Canyon in LA shut down.

I've been a little disappointed in a few friends I have been seeing on social media. They seem to think that "Stay at Home" means, "daily challenge to see how many outdoor LA landmarks you can visit."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Worker at NYC hospital where nurses wear trash bags as protection dies from coronavirus

https://tinyurl.com/v4gj6hy
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Buckle up. The unemployment numbers come out tomorrow.

Eh. It’s nor unusual to see a “rally around the flag” effect in times of crisis. I wouldn’t give any weight to fleeting numbers, good or bad. The index I use to track Trump’s popularity hasn’t moved much in the last month.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 72 of 318
Jump to: