Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
nickuku wrote:
I have a slight cough. Its dry but no other symptoms. Seriously hoping its not Corona. I havent left my house in like 2 weeks.

Same. Maybe I've always had the cough, though. I'm fairly healthy. It's only now that I'm hyper-reactive to this stuff.

Every time I sneeze or get a headache now I freak out even though that has been a regular part of my sinus issues long before this mess.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

'Stay at home!': Italian mayors send emotional plea to residents — video

Guardian News

I saw some of this on Trevor Noah.. some of them were brutal pissed
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

this is a true story that happened last night.

my friend in maryland got a call from his girlfriend in new jersey at 3am in the morning. she said she is having trouble breathing and said she is dying from covid19.

my friend is a MD with lots of experience. after talking to her for 20 minutes and consulting with another friend in maryland, he finally decided to call 911 though not sure how he called 911 in new jersey.

the medics got to the home, and they said she is perfectly fine and had no temperature and no symptoms. they refused to take her to the hospital and left.

my friend was really embarrassed and tried to apologize to the other friend who he woke up at 4am. the other friend is furious as she had a conference call at 9am.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Karl-Anthony Towns, in an emotional Instagram video, posts that his mother is in a medically-induced coma due to COVID-19.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-JMTMeJhi6/
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

my friend in maryland got a call from his girlfriend in new jersey at 3am in the morning. she said she is having trouble breathing and said she is dying from covid19.

my friend is a MD with lots of experience. after talking to her for 20 minutes and consulting with another friend in maryland, he finally decided to call 911 though not sure how he called 911 in new jersey.

the medics got to the home, and they said she is perfectly fine and had no temperature and no symptoms. they refused to take her to the hospital and left.

my friend was really embarrassed and tried to apologize to the other friend who he woke up at 4am. the other friend is furious as she had a conference call at 9am.

Ummm, what?
Sorry for not understanding, but what is the point of posting this story?
That she is nuts? Or what?
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Ummm, what?
Sorry for not understanding, but what is the point of posting this story?
That she is nuts? Or what?

just how someone went covid nuts
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

This is a true story that happened this week as well:

https://i.imgur.com/Vsu3Nf4.jpg

He was 26 years old.

Considering how under-supplied many of our healthcare professionals are across the country. Hopefully there aren't too many stories like this in the future.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject:

Is it just me or has there been a sharp increase in the last 2 months of right-wingers who have degrees in both infectious disease medicine and economics?

Also, Prince Charles tests positive

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/europe/prince-charles-coronavirus-gbr-intl/index.html

>being thiiiis close to taking the throne but some moron decided to undercook a bat

Stimulus deal reached

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/stimulus-senate-action-coronavirus/index.html

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

Prince Charles
Greta Thunberg (and her father)
Jackson Browne
Karl Anthony Town's mother (in a medically induced coma)
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Is it just me or has there been a sharp increase in the last 2 months of right-wingers who have degrees in both infectious disease medicine and economics?

Same ones who had a Ph.D. in Climatology last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
C M B wrote:

Same ones who had a Ph.D. in Climatology last year.

reminds me of the tremendous boom in constitutional law experts per capita every time there's a mass shooting

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Watch for a wave of constitutional law experts on this one, too. We're already seeing it in legal circles. (The typical car wreck or divorce lawyer is most certainly not a constitutional law expert.) Those of us who are law nerds have our hands full.

I'll give you this tidbit just as a matter of general interest. Most of the major cases involving epidemics were decided before World War I. The advances in modern medicine eliminated most of the epidemics that plagued the pre-modern world, so this issue just doesn't come up any more. One of the last big cases was decided around 1905. It involved compulsory smallpox vaccinations. Even back then, there were anti-vaxxers. In fact, some of the arguments sound eerily similar to what we hear today. The Supreme Court shot all of that down and held that Massachusetts had the power to require smallpox vaccinations in order to prevent or control epidemics. The courts refer to this as a state's "police power."

There really isn't a lot of guidance in the law that addresses the current situation. Generally, the government has a lot of power, but we have not had a situation in modern times that really tested how far the government can go. We're already starting to see some issues pop up, from the attempt in a couple states to use the virus as a pretext for closing abortion clinics to attempts in several states to limit evictions and/or foreclosures.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

No one thinks they are gonna get it...

Until they Do!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Until they Do!

Like that dumbass senator that voted against coronavirus relief efforts, got tested and proceeded to immediately go swimming and workout at the gym (where he was informed he tested positive). Wonder how he feels now
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mayor of New Orleans told me tonight that OVER HALF of EMS personnel in her city are under quarantine. In NYC, sick callouts of NYPD are 2700-2800. Getting closer to 10% of force.

This highlights the ridiculous GOP idea of just getting things back to normal for "able bodied" people. It hits everyone, even if they don't die from it. If medical professionals and police officers, in their 30's and 40's are missing a chunk of time from work, that will be trouble for society. Also, it creates scenario where asymptomatic people are going out into the public, only to spread the virus more.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
Mayor of New Orleans told me tonight that OVER HALF of EMS personnel in her city are under quarantine. In NYC, sick callouts of NYPD are 2700-2800. Getting closer to 10% of force.

This highlights the ridiculous GOP idea of just getting things back to normal for "able bodied" people. It hits everyone, even if they don't die from it. If medical professionals and police officers, in their 30's and 40's are missing a chunk of time from work, that will be trouble for society. Also, it creates scenario where asymptomatic people are going out into the public, only to spread the virus more.

I cannot even comprehend being a Leader and knowing the
Medical Professionals do not even have the equipment they need
Knowing the Leader intentionally destroyed the Department meant to save Americans from these types of problems

I, myself, it puts me to tears to imagine these Benevolent Men and Women do not have proper protective equipment.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Until they Do!

Like that dumbass senator that voted against coronavirus relief efforts, got tested and proceeded to immediately go swimming and workout at the gym (where he was informed he tested positive). Wonder how he feels now

Exactly the same as he did before, probably.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Until they Do!

Rand Paul, same as he ever was. Just like his libertarian father. I got mine, everyone else is on their own. And he was very defensive and doesn't understand why his colleagues were upset with him. That's how he feels. He's upset cause they had the nerve point out his inconsiderate (potentially dangerous) behavior.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Until they Do!

Rand Paul, same as he ever was. Just like his libertarian father. I got mine, everyone else is on their own. And he was very defensive and doesn't understand why his colleagues were upset with him. That's how he feels. He's upset cause they had the nerve point out his inconsiderate (potentially dangerous) behavior.

What a truly self-less act on his part to get tested: “For those who want to criticize me for lack of quarantine, realize that if the rules on testing had been followed to a T, I would never have been tested and would still be walking around the halls of the Capitol,” Rand Paul. “Instead of hounding people who got tested and then quarantined themselves, perhaps we need to broaden the testing and quit the finger-wagging.” Source: Link

How would broadening the testing prevent morons like him from getting tested and continuing to spread the virus through negligence without knowing the test results?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Until they Do!

What a truly self-less act on his part to get tested: “For those who want to criticize me for lack of quarantine, realize that if the rules on testing had been followed to a T, I would never have been tested and would still be walking around the halls of the Capitol,” Rand Paul. “Instead of hounding people who got tested and then quarantined themselves, perhaps we need to broaden the testing and quit the finger-wagging.” Source: Link

How would broadening the testing prevent morons like him from getting tested and continuing to spread the virus through negligence without knowing the test results?

He could have started by approving funding for testing, which he did not.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

I just saw a 30-second ad (during a Matrix marathon on AMC):

Franklin Graham says if you are scared of the Coronivirus you should get down on your knees and pray to Jesus then call Graham on his free 800 number so they can "help" you. And by "help" they mean they will help separate you from your money so he can profit off a tragic pandemic.

Meanwhile Jerry Fallwell Jr's christian Liberty University has decided to invite students back because in a pandemic what could go wrong with letting young people resume their activities as if nothing is wrong while ignoring social distancing?

As the Coronavirus Hit, Most Colleges Sent People Home. Liberty University Is Welcoming Them Back.

Quote:
Falwell, who heads the private evangelical university in Lynchburg that was founded by his father, the late Rev. Jerry L. Falwell Sr., said complaints that his decision could endanger the lives of students or local residents were “politically driven” and “based on ignorance.”

#smh
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

LA County update.

https://twitter.com/CountyofLA/status/1242900007994286080?s=19
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

This pandemic revealed that no matter what country, we are vastly unprepared for a major medical disaster. We have a huge shortage of medical supplies (ventilators, masks, etc), medical personnel, not to mention a supply chain that is woefully unprepared if disaster hits.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

It’s crazy how the reported cases in NYC has grown.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
This pandemic revealed that no matter what country, we are vastly unprepared for a major medical disaster. We have a huge shortage of medical supplies (ventilators, masks, etc), medical personnel, not to mention a supply chain that is woefully unprepared if disaster hits.

This was revealed back in October when Johns Hopkins released a study that said exactly that. Of course, of the countries that were unprepared, the US was ranked as the most prepared of the unprepared, which of course was touted by the President to mean that we were “the most prepared in the world”.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 71 of 318
Jump to: