*** Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knickerbockers (01/22/20) Gm#44 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 7860

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Caruso MVP chants!
_________________
Lakers. Built different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 30374
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

well good. Hopefully we'll have some juice tomorrow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13438

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Caruso gets his first point

Not the game for an MVP chant guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 34869
Location: Nomad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS WIN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 25980

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Offense really humming tonight against the worst team in the NBA. Gotta agree with the poster the other night saying offense is not a problem.


140 points allowed

Offense was the problem, obviously


That's a sign of quitting.

Struggling to score 2 games in a row? And now against the pathetic Knicks?

That's a larger trend. And it's been a trend for more than 2 games, it's just starting to catch up to us now and teams figure out how to defend us.


Every quarter had 33-36 points allowed. If the team gave up the same number of points every quarter then logically it wasn't because they quit. Defense was the major problem in that game.

Against the Knicks is a different game with different problems. They do have larger offensive problems but their defense killed them against the Celtics and especially their defensive rebounding


Dude if you think this is a good offense, I can't argue with anymore. This is flat-earther level denial. Might as well be talking to a QAnon guy.


Your point is a strawman. Typically used by people who have nothing left to argue


No that's people who invoke "strawman." I made plenty of coherent points on how our offense was stagnant last night, that it was a predictable result of both a lack of ballhandling but also a puzzling absence of offensive creativity (could be a result of having no one that can shoot off screens/movement but also just not having a good O coordinator). Your response every time is "offense is fine, the defense is what's bad." Turn your monitor on.


Your strawman was misrepresenting what I said, which is something you did do, because you don't have the points to argue against what is obvious - Lakers lost the game because of defense against the Celtics. It's that simple.


The defense looks fine tonight and the offense looks the same as yesterday. It is not "that simple." Maybe to people who can't admit the offensive system sucks for some reason. Maybe because they have some Charlie Day bulletin board string paranoia theories on how it ties to a "Clippers agenda?" Not sure. But barely managing 100 points against the Knicks, a team that sucked to begin with AND has quit on the season already? That's a trend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 16272

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Big picture this clunky offense and free throws won’t get it done. Pelinka has work to do.

Giving up all those offensive rebounds is becoming a problem too.
_________________
There’s nothing like being a Laker! -Lebron James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9200

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Let’s be honest, Caruso sucked recently
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 11041

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Let’s be honest, Caruso sucked recently


Everybody else too, except for KCP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43516

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

    LAKERS WIN!!


LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9200

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Clippers and Denver both about to lose, good night
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13438

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Offense really humming tonight against the worst team in the NBA. Gotta agree with the poster the other night saying offense is not a problem.


140 points allowed

Offense was the problem, obviously


That's a sign of quitting.

Struggling to score 2 games in a row? And now against the pathetic Knicks?

That's a larger trend. And it's been a trend for more than 2 games, it's just starting to catch up to us now and teams figure out how to defend us.


Every quarter had 33-36 points allowed. If the team gave up the same number of points every quarter then logically it wasn't because they quit. Defense was the major problem in that game.

Against the Knicks is a different game with different problems. They do have larger offensive problems but their defense killed them against the Celtics and especially their defensive rebounding


Dude if you think this is a good offense, I can't argue with anymore. This is flat-earther level denial. Might as well be talking to a QAnon guy.


Your point is a strawman. Typically used by people who have nothing left to argue


No that's people who invoke "strawman." I made plenty of coherent points on how our offense was stagnant last night, that it was a predictable result of both a lack of ballhandling but also a puzzling absence of offensive creativity (could be a result of having no one that can shoot off screens/movement but also just not having a good O coordinator). Your response every time is "offense is fine, the defense is what's bad." Turn your monitor on.


Your strawman was misrepresenting what I said, which is something you did do, because you don't have the points to argue against what is obvious - Lakers lost the game because of defense against the Celtics. It's that simple.


The defense looks fine tonight and the offense looks the same as yesterday. It is not "that simple." Maybe to people who can't admit the offensive system sucks for some reason. Maybe because they have some Charlie Day bulletin board string paranoia theories on how it ties to a "Clippers agenda?" Not sure. But barely managing 100 points against the Knicks, a team that sucked to begin with AND has quit on the season already? That's a trend.


Whether the defense looked fine tonight, which it hasn't, means nothing when talking about what led to the loss against the Celtics. The defense was not fine in that game and it's why we lost. That simple.

Your strawman is saying I've said our offensive system is fine. I never said that. What I said was the defense led to the loss, which it did.

When two top 5 defensive teams battle it takes an aberration for teams to score 140 points. Once the Lakers let that happen it was over.

Saying the Lakers struggle to score on long athletic wings like the Clippers have which led to the Celtics loss is ignoring what happened in that game to push an agenda.

Your points are illogical.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 30374
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Clippers and Denver both about to lose, good night


excellent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 2089
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

At this moment any win is good. I will take it. LETS go LAKERS!
_________________
MY LAKERS HYPE VIDEO FOR NEW SEASON 2019-2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCvesImQdQ&t=167s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13438

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Clippers and Denver both about to lose, good night


excellent


Hopefully we keep our buffer so we freshen Lebron up for the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23565
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers just lost.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 56240
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have to regain their defensive identity.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 11041

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Very bad loss for the Clippers, basically wipes away their Mavericks win
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 7860

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Clippers and Denver both about to lose, good night


Great news.
_________________
Lakers. Built different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 34612

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakers have to regain their defensive identity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18285

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

That game was boring as fudge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 16272

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
That game was boring as fudge


I don’t even know what the New York Power Forwards are trying to accomplish.
_________________
There’s nothing like being a Laker! -Lebron James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18285

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
That game was boring as fudge


I don’t even know what the New York Power Forwards are trying to accomplish.

I was there, bleacher style, Lakers clearly taking a night off, except LeBron who looked like he was going for the MSG scoring record in the first Q but then join the rest... the Knicks straight garbage, Knicks fan were moaning and sighing all night, man I even stop my lets go Lakers chant cause I felt bad (for like 10secs then started again)... garbage team, garbage game, I want my money back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10316

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Very bad loss for the Clippers, basically wipes away their Mavericks win


Looks like both of their big 2 sat; but youd expect lou and montrezl to beat atlanta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13438

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Very bad loss for the Clippers, basically wipes away their Mavericks win


Looks like both of their big 2 sat; but youd expect lou and montrezl to beat atlanta


Without Trae Young especially
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10316

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
With all the Clippers' load managing, they are still only 3.5 games back of us. Sad.


Wrong way to look at it imo

They are 5 losses behind...they cant make up the losses🤓
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB