If you drafted Tatum over Ball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

Would you still do the Anthony Davis trade. Tatum , Ingram and the number 4 is a huge haul for Davis not including Hart and the other picks
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Would you still do the Anthony Davis trade. Tatum , Ingram and the number 4 is a huge haul for Davis not including Hart and the other picks

we probably don't get the #4 pick if Tatum has a full healthy year for us.. Even if Ball had a full healthy year for us, i think we win an extra game or two
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Ball is a walking triple double when healthy. Different kind of players.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject:

People said I was dumb when I suggested drafting Tatum, because we had Randle. I suggested trade Randle and build around BI and Tatum, while keeping DLO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I wanted us to draft Tatum and wouldn’t have traded him for AD
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't have traded him for AD. I wouldn't even have traded BI for AD though. They are building pieces for the future.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I wanted us to draft Tatum and wouldn’t have traded him for AD

Same here...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Obviously not. I wanted to trade for AD because the Lakers finally were willing to get rid of Lonzo. If we had Tatum instead Lonzo, then I wouldn't want to trade for AD. Lonzo's first three seasons in the league have been with lottery team. He stinks everywhere he goes. He's great if you want lottery picks. Tatum had flashes of Kobe in his rookie year. Obviously, he would be a keeper.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

we probably don't get the #4 pick if Tatum has a full healthy year for us.. Even if Ball had a full healthy year for us, i think we win an extra game or two

Even if we don’t get the number 4 it still would have been a lottery pick which I’m sure New Orleans would have wanted
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

We got the 4th pick because we got lucky, not because we had the 4th worst record
The bad thing here is that all the rookies outside our morant has been underwhelming
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

If we drafted Tatum over ball, I would still do the AD trade in a heart beat, but. We wouldn’t need to include both Tatum and BI, or at least not those picks
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

mad55557777 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

We got the 4th pick because we got lucky, not because we had the 4th worst record
The bad thing here is that all the rookies outside our morant has been underwhelming

the 4th pick went to the team with the 10th or 11th worst record, and it would have if we had Tatum.. but i don't think we would have had the 10th or 11th worst record..
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

More like a walking triple single....
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

the 4th pick went to the team with the 10th or 11th worst record, and it would have if we had Tatum.. but i don't think we would have had the 10th or 11th worst record..

I don’t think we’d made the playoffs after lebron was hurt. Without Lonzo, BI would’ve been forced to play PG. Tatum might look good now, but he is not a creator for other people.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

More like a walking triple single....

Lol, so true
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

If the Queen had nads she be King
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: If you drafted Tatum over Ball

mad55557777 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

I don’t think we’d made the playoffs after lebron was hurt. Without Lonzo, BI would’ve been forced to play PG. Tatum might look good now, but he is not a creator for other people.

yea i don't think we'd make the playoffs either but we wouldn't have been in the fortunate slot for #3
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
If we drafted Tatum over ball, I would still do the AD trade in a heart beat, but. We wouldn’t need to include both Tatum and BI, or at least not those picks
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Ball is a bust. He puts in the lowest energy triple doubles ever.
And nobody wants to see him with the ball in the 4th quarter with his lack of confidence and terrible FT shooting.

He's a bust plain and simple for a #2 pick.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

And nobody wants to see him with the ball in the 4th quarter with his lack of confidence and terrible FT shooting.

Over the last month he’s averaging 14-7-7 with 1.5 steals a game while shooting 38% from 3.
Little early in a player’s career to say that.
People thought Billups was garbage for years.
Wonder what ever happened to that guy.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
methdxman wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Over the last month he’s averaging 14-7-7 with 1.5 steals a game while shooting 38% from 3.

Ball definitely isn’t a bust. Lakers fans don’t ever appreciate what they have. If Kobe played today, in the world of Twitter, he would have never made it through his first 4 seasons. Would be on the Pelicans or something.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
methdxman wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Ball definitely isn’t a bust. Lakers fans don’t ever appreciate what they have. If Kobe played today, in the world of Twitter, he would have never made it through his first 4 seasons. Would be on the Pelicans or something.

Probably the strangest thing I’ve noticed over the last decade or so is the ever increasing lack of patience from fan bases when it comes to player development. Even more odd when you consider just how young these prospects are most times.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
methdxman wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Probably the strangest thing I’ve noticed over the last decade or so is the ever increasing lack of patience from fan bases when it comes to player development. Even more odd when you consider just how young these prospects are most times.

I think Kobe’s Legacy has hurt this franchise in terms of fan expectations. People used to call ESPN 710 daily to say that 19 year old DLO a bust. Rarely is a draft pick immediately NBA ready. It take a lot of time, training, good coaching, and a bit of luck.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:19 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
methdxman wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Unrelated to Ball, but I think the general sentiment (and studies are starting to back this up now) is that Twitter is cancer, especially in terms of the impact it has on self-esteem and health. It's the guys who lay low on social media that end up doing well. Last time Kawhi posted on twitter was 5 years ago, and Kobe joined a few years before his retirement. From a personal standpoint, I'm much happier when I'm not on social media.

I talked about this in another thread, but Kobe, for all his struggles early on, had the benefit of no social media throughout his peak years. Hell, I still remember Bynum's ridiculous myspace profile prior to when he was drafted . Of course Kobe was always going to be good, but the culture was completely different back then. Can't even begin to think of the ramifications the colorado incident would have on Kobe today.. He recovered (thankfully), but the twitter culture of guilty before innocent would have been brutal for him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

It was very obvious that Colangelo wanted Fultz and that Magic wanted Ball, so Ainge was comfortable trading down with the expectation that Tatum would still be there.

If just one of Magic and Colangelo had been the silent type that Ainge was unable to read, Boston wouldn't have traded down and would have just selected Tatum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: