*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers (01/13/20 ) Gm#40 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
Still hope they rest both AD and LeBron again. This is a chance to keep improving cohesion of the bench unit while giving a mini break to our allstars to heal up.

Not for this LM thing. If players are healthy they should play and it's more important for the bench players to play well with the big names than by themselves. End of year, we won't be playing Daniels and Cook and Duds all that much. I wouldn't mind them stomping the Cavs early and letting the stars sit out the 4th. If they need to keep practicing something it's not letting go of leads when Brawn and AD sit. That's more helpful in the long run than Brawn or AD getting to sit out a random game in January. It's not like one game here or there is even bankable come June. Bits of rest here and there isn't all that additive. Clips are so whorish with LM that we'll never get our stars a comparable amount of rest so screw it.

I think it's a good move to play those who don't get a lot of minutes for confidence building. Nagging injuries can be easily aggravated, rest can't hurt. Vets games are usually on the 1, they need more rest than minutes. I won't class it LM I give it more good to coaching.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
Still hope they rest both AD and LeBron again. This is a chance to keep improving cohesion of the bench unit while giving a mini break to our allstars to heal up.

Not for this LM thing. If players are healthy they should play and it's more important for the bench players to play well with the big names than by themselves. End of year, we won't be playing Daniels and Cook and Duds all that much. I wouldn't mind them stomping the Cavs early and letting the stars sit out the 4th. If they need to keep practicing something it's not letting go of leads when Brawn and AD sit. That's more helpful in the long run than Brawn or AD getting to sit out a random game in January. It's not like one game here or there is even bankable come June. Bits of rest here and there isn't all that additive. Clips are so whorish with LM that we'll never get our stars a comparable amount of rest so screw it.

Agree 100%.. You hear about the problems that Clippers locker room is having and I am pretty certain much of that stems from the whole LM thing with there two big guys. It's never a good thing when players start consistently getting special treatment over the rest of the team.

Plus, Bron isn't even hurt, he was sick so if he's feeling better which he absolutely should after this long he should play. I'm cool with sitting AD of course if he's not feeling great still but even with him it's more about pain tolerance then anything now.

Also, this Cavs team just beat the Nuggets in Denver there last game so it's not like they aren't capable at all despite there record. Extend that lead in the Conference just a bit more with another win....
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

i dont like 10.30 games
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
i dont like 10.30 games

For me, they are 11:30

Because of the quakes, I have not began to work in the university until Wednesday. So I can watch it tonite.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

This is an easy win no matter who plays.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I love LA 7:30 games.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
This is an easy win no matter who plays.

Thought's like that are dangerous. They're what I call trap games. I hope Vogel's not thinking like you.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Agree 100%.. You hear about the problems that Clippers locker room is having and I am pretty certain much of that stems from the whole LM thing with there two big guys. It's never a good thing when players start consistently getting special treatment over the rest of the team.

Plus, Bron isn't even hurt, he was sick so if he's feeling better which he absolutely should after this long he should play. I'm cool with sitting AD of course if he's not feeling great still but even with him it's more about pain tolerance then anything now.

Also, this Cavs team just beat the Nuggets in Denver there last game so it's not like they aren't capable at all despite there record. Extend that lead in the Conference just a bit more with another win....

And a full year of continuous health and continuity (hopes alive) will suit us well. And the Clips are merely establishing that the RS doesn't matter at all. That's OK and maybe they have a point, but that also might foster a sense of nonchalance among the rest of their team. If they can continue to beat us, more power to em, but there's ways you wanna enter the playoffs and ways you don't. It's better to enter em after a good old fashioned RS played honestly. And if guys are injured even slightly, by all means, give em a game or two off here and there like we have been doing. I'd prefer that even if we were 2-0 on the Clips. If we win one this year and AD/James re-ink, then some scheming and slippage in the RS a la 01/02/10 won't be that bad. But Vogz and new coaches and players pulling that stuff in a year where we're also trying to woo AD to stay is a bad idea on GPs. Vogel wouldn't wanna give those optics in Year 1 anyway. He's more Indiana than Los Angeles.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

Rest is good. I think AD and LBJ have enough experience to pace themselves. I've noticed how Bron will go real hard for a minute or two than walk it down.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I am putting this one in the refrigerator. Now.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

I guess rest won't hurt AD and Bron right now, but I don't think it's a huge benefit this early in the season. If we are a month or less away from the playoffs, it would be very helpful imo.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
i dont like 10.30 games

Traffic is insane in the City of Angels plus more drinking time for the fans pre game.

Toughen up or just call in sick to work.

Uncle Lanny
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am putting this one in the refrigerator. Now.

NO LL
. That's a jinx unless you're doing it for the anti-jinx....

Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I guess rest won't hurt AD and Bron right now, but I don't think it's a huge benefit this early in the season. If we are a month or less away from the playoffs, it would be very helpful imo.

Too often in sports guys play when they shouldn’t. Small injuries lead to more severe ones because your body isn’t fully tuned up per se.

If someone is sluggish and getting over an illness, that will lead to sloppy play and risk muscle pulls. It’s all related.

AD in particular has already played through plenty of injuries. A few days and another game in January means nothing. Lebron kept talking about his “quick twitch” before the season after having so much time to recover. Muscle pulls happen when players are tired. These are the two guys that have been playing a ton of minutes.

This would also go for any player to be honest, but most of the other guys on the team don’t usually top 30 minutes. It’s simply not the same thing as “load management” that the Clippers are doing. These guys have legit injuries or illnesses. I don’t think letting them heal completely is a bad thing.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

LeBron Avery In, AD Rondo Out
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

What. The. Hell. Is. This?

Kyle Rodman?

https://i.redd.it/w73jf7lsena41.jpg
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LeBron Avery In, AD Rondo Out
this is good strategy
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
What. The. Hell. Is. This?

Kyle Rodman?

https://i.redd.it/w73jf7lsena41.jpg

That is brutal. That’s what that is
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

FYI:
Cavs rookie Windler out for rest of season with leg injury

https://apnews.com/acafea95fef446ac983f83358818990a
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Lebron shouldn't play to load manage but knowing him, if he's healthy, he ain't resting. Hopefully, he won't play more than 25 minutes though.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron shouldn't play to load manage but knowing him, if he's healthy, he ain't resting. Hopefully, he won't play more than 25 minutes though.

He’s playing tonight so yeah, hopefully he doesn’t play crazy minutes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He’s playing tonight so yeah, hopefully he doesn’t play crazy minutes.

I want him to pace himself, go hard every now and then more then than now.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

If you're healthy, you play. I don't understand all this "hoping" that they get rest stuff. You know you can rest yourself out of team chemistry and rhythm? Get the 1 seed, then rest all you want, and even then, you don't want to overdue it and fall out of rhythm for the playoffs.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

We got a tough stretch of games coming up so hopefully we take care of business here.

LET'S GO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24
Jump to: