SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

Other times Lakers have been considered soft:
--Entirety of 1960s. Elgin and West, great talents, soft when it came time to get it done in biggest moments.
--1970. Soft. Couldn't handle the rough and tumble Knicks.
--Entirety of 1980s. Soft compared to the tough guys in Boston, Philly and Detroit. Peaking of course in 1984 but absolutely a thing the whole decade.
-Late 1990s. Weak mentally.
--2008-2010. Soft. Not tough like the Celtics.

When the Lakers are title contenders, they're also labeled soft (I think once Kobe and Shaq finally won, that team was the one era that didn't get the reputation).

It has to do with the whole stupid West Coast thing and also the style of play, as usually the Lakers play a flashier brand of ball.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
troy wrote:
Based on some of the flagrent fouls committed by the hapless Knicks, I'd say a few of those comments came from that team.

Regardling the Clippers, I'm sure that franchise is angry about not being respected in Los Angeles as much as the Lakers, and they are frustrated that, despite their dominance over the Lakers, the LA public has not and will not embrace them. I don't believe that will ever change.

It's too bad that the two LA teams can't be on friendly terms. There is no battle for Los Angeles; this is a Laker town, and the Clipps should just accept that and stop constantly trying to pick fights with the Lakers.

They should just move to San Diego, until then pay your rent on time

Funny to think that both the Lakers and Clippers are tenants of Staples. I guess Sterling was too cheap to buy his own arena; and the Busses couldn't afford it.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

Let them come at us and give them their all, it’ll prepare our role players for playoff better
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I doubt that any team fears the Lakers, or any other NBA team. No team is dominant so far.

30-5 when both AD and Lebron played.

Clippers have a similar record with PG and Kawhi. I doubt anyone fears them.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Patrick Beverly is his source.

My first thought. Somali Pirate craves the attention, but he’s scared to say this publicly because Kawhi will get his ass traded to the Atlanta Hawks.

Kawhi doesn't strike me as a beligerent type that would talk sht about the Lakers, or any team. He's more of a diva that wants things his way, or else. But I don't think he has any fierce hatred for the Lakers.

I would say the bucked eyed Pat Bev and Doc Rivers are the sht-talkers on that Clippers team.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

They can think whatever they want...And we'll beat them anyway.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

To be fair, I dont think any team in the NBA is feared. So the point is moot.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epak wrote:
PS: why a new thread?

We should have a board rule that anyone who starts a thread about something that SAS spews must bear a dunce cap avatar for 30 days.

I wouldnt go that far. But I thought this topic could be contained in the Lakers-Clippers thread quite nicely. Cuz it is an interesting topic.

I would put the odds at 50-50 that SAS either made this up or grossly exaggerated something that some player said to him. His game is to say over-the-top stuff that draws attention to him. It annoys me that posters dignify people like SAS by starting threads to talk about his drivel.

People complain all the time about the media in general and ESPN in particular. But then we get threads like this, and we see that many sports fans secretly worship the so-called pundits who spew this drivel. So yeah, I think the dunce cap avatar is a good idea.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

facts. you're not even allowed to stare a guy down after you dunk on him.. or talk trash... we have the biggest team in the league... I think we're good.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Exacty -- no one is Shaq/Kobe or Jordan/Pippen dominant team yet ...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epak wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epak wrote:
PS: why a new thread?

We should have a board rule that anyone who starts a thread about something that SAS spews must bear a dunce cap avatar for 30 days.

I wouldnt go that far. But I thought this topic could be contained in the Lakers-Clippers thread quite nicely. Cuz it is an interesting topic.

I would put the odds at 50-50 that SAS either made this up or grossly exaggerated something that some player said to him. His game is to say over-the-top stuff that draws attention to him. It annoys me that posters dignify people like SAS by starting threads to talk about his drivel.

People complain all the time about the media in general and ESPN in particular. But then we get threads like this, and we see that many sports fans secretly worship the so-called pundits who spew this drivel. So yeah, I think the dunce cap avatar is a good idea.

SAS's think is click-bait hyperbola and sweeping generalizations. He just adds stuff like "people say" and "I've heard" to make it seem he's reporting rather than just pulling stuff out of thin air.

His only goal is to tick people off.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

I would not fear them as well if I was the clippers or the bucks
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

Ballmer working another puppet.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This is kind of weird.

I wouldn’t call the Lakers soft. Especially with that interior defense and their ability to deter a lot of shots.

Seems more like a shot at mentality. Meaning teams can neutralize LBJ and AD to where they settle for shots or don’t attack.

Like Lebron and AD (2 of top 5) can get bothered and that’s how the clippers have been successful in the 2 matchups. Bucks and Pacers bothered Lebron too.

It’s perceived as soft because no one else can create. I guess if they mean you can get in Lebron and AD’s head then yeah a little bit and everything falls apart because the rest of the team is role players.

It's a shot at Bron and AD in the clutch imo. Neither "takes over" the game in the old school MJ/Kobe sense in the 4th.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

The LakeShow is officially back. Feels good to be hated again.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
This is kind of weird.

I wouldn’t call the Lakers soft. Especially with that interior defense and their ability to deter a lot of shots.

Seems more like a shot at mentality. Meaning teams can neutralize LBJ and AD to where they settle for shots or don’t attack.

Like Lebron and AD (2 of top 5) can get bothered and that’s how the clippers have been successful in the 2 matchups. Bucks and Pacers bothered Lebron too.

It’s perceived as soft because no one else can create. I guess if they mean you can get in Lebron and AD’s head then yeah a little bit and everything falls apart because the rest of the team is role players.

It's a shot at Bron and AD in the clutch imo. Neither "takes over" the game in the old school MJ/Kobe sense in the 4th.

It's just a vague, whatever-you-want-it-to-mean criticism, so people will read whatever they want into it. That's the SAS style: Say nothing, but do it in a heated, strident way.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

Well, i guess we are gonna have to just continue to win games and beat teams that do not fear us.

When has not being scared, a remedy to not getting your a$$ kicked? Good, don't be scared. That way, it makes the butt whooping that much sweeter!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

It depends what kind of soft he is referring to. Are we soft in terms of W's and L's. Only a fool would think so. Are we soft in regards to our D? Again, same answer. Are we soft in that we lack a rotational player who is either a thug/enforcer/protector or someone to get inside the opposition's head when needed? I think thats a fair take.The closest we have would be Dudley (who doesn't play) or maybe DH.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: SAS: "Nobody fears the Lakers, players around the Leauge say they're Soft"

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
SAS: "No one questions the talent of the Lakers. You have 2 of the top 5 players in the world. You know what they bring to the table talent wise. But nobody fears them. You have people literally saying: 'they're soft, we can get at them. We believe we can go at them, get physical with them, compromise them a little bit, if not flat out take their heart. That's what we believe about the Lakers'. I'm telling you that's what I've been told by players."

https://twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1214943615710982144

I know I gripe about the refs, ALOT... but SAS is being disingenuous- it's hard for our players to play tough, and not be bullied when the game is always called differently for the two teams- The refs seem to let ALOT go when it comes to tough D on Lebron and AD, and Dwight sure does seem to get called for stuff based on reputation alone.

SAS doesn't have the guts to do the REAL story, and go after his corporate overlords and question why NBA officiating is the worst of all major sports, and seems to differ for every team, and called differently every. single. game.

SAS, like the refs, lack consistency- it's a different story/reality every time...
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

nobody fears nothing about stephen a except that damn hairline. mr potato head looking mf
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

For those that don't know or remember, the Showtime Lakers were considered soft. I think they did pretty well for themselves.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
For those that don't know or remember, the Showtime Lakers were considered soft. I think they did pretty well for themselves.

Soft by 80s standards = the most intimidating team in the league by today's standards.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

https://apple.news/AC5LzgmE3Q_iCUKh_J8svgA

Lebron take back your crown or be Kawhi’s (bleep).
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I say keep these negative Lakers topics coming!!!

Keep poking the bear with a stick and let’s see what happens 😈😈😈

Somebody page Ric Bucher , Marcellus Wiley, and Rob Parker ASAP
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This is kind of weird.

This says it well. I could see Dallas or another finesse team being "soft." But the Lakers might be a lot of things, lousy 3-point and free throw shooters, for instance. But they have plenty of lunch pail, physical guys like Rondo, Avery, Howard, Javale and AD. The last thing would be a team that's not physical.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: