*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (12/25/19) Gm#31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i
_________________
Kobe Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11022

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.


He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history


Funny I recall steph was fine....


Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.


Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?


Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.


Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.


Not really true. The players had some inconsistent performances. Lowry took a while to get going too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 14868

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Other interesting stats tonight:

Lakers 27-51 from 2 point land (52%)

Of course their well documented poor 3 point shooting from tonight: 12-45 (26.7%)...........



That's because our starters particularly LBJ were tired, so instead of working & executing a solid 1/2 court game the Lakers jacked up ill-advised 3 point shots (LBJ took 12 3 pt attempts). As many have pointed out we are so top-heavy that LBJ and AD are getting tired & nicked up -- we need a depth tweak.


Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Fremont, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Other interesting stats tonight:

Lakers 27-51 from 2 point land (52%)

Of course their well documented poor 3 point shooting from tonight: 12-45 (26.7%)

Clippers outrebounded the Lakers by 8 That definitely hurt

The 45 3 point shots...I'll take a stab here (without checking) and say that's the most they've taken all year. They average 30 a game, so that's a 50% increase versus the Clippers.

I'd be very curious as to why so many 3's, a number of them tossed up for almost no reason other than just because (eg, not in rhythym, or not because a set play was run).


Our superstars were 3 of 18 from three and and 14 out of 41 overall. Not very good.
_________________
God is a Lakers fan........usually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 3936

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 12953

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.


He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history


Funny I recall steph was fine....


Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.


Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?


Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.


Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.


Not really true. The players had some inconsistent performances. Lowry took a while to get going too.


Steph, Klay and Green with help is plenty of talent on the court. Sure, it’s not the cheat code team with Durant but it’s still more talent than Toronto had.

Kawhi deserves all the props.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11022

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.


He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history


Funny I recall steph was fine....


Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.


Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?


Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.


Lol wut? I’m a Kobe fan over Lebron but what bron did 2 years ago, taking that rag tag squad to the finals and then nearly winning game 1 single handedly. If lebron is healthy come playoff time, a lot of you are going to see another gear...trust me


And if Durant missed those entire finals and Klay missed game 3 and tore his ACL in game 6 like what happened for Kawhi to win then Lebron probably has another championship.

Kawhi obviously had a great run through the East as Lebron did for years. If Warriors were healthy it would have ended the same way it did for Lebron his final Cavs years.


The Warriors were 6-0 against the West when Durant was injured in the playoffs. They looked so good people were asking if they were better without KD. Seems doubtful that Lebron and the scrubs in Cleveland would have beaten them even if Klay missed game 3 and games 6 and 7 (I’m not convinced it even goes that far).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 14868

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.


Shooting 3's is the easy way out when you're tired -- executing a solid half court game takes energy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11022

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
I agree this does not look like a championship team, but does any team look that way? The Bucks (bleep) all over the Clippers. Harden and Westbrook (bleep) all over them too. The Rockets just lost to the Warriors. The Bucks were just exposed by the Sixers.

Which team out there looks amazing right now?


Agreed. So much basketball left to play. We’re not even halfway through the season


It's more so our flaws that are glaring and a fear..... we have 1 maybe 2 creators on our whole team, and it shows, our offense is stagnant quarter after quarter..... that's not how you win a championship, especially with a 35 year old PG, and not having great shooters flanking.


I agree with all this. My point is other teams have major flaws too. For example, will Giannis get exposed in the playoffs again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Fremont, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jimmy Butler would be so perfect for this team. We wasted too much time “waiting” on KL. My hindsight is working OT tonight.


These JB attributes would be invaluable:

Mental toughness
Leadership
Clutch play specially free throws
_________________
God is a Lakers fan........usually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 5438

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.


He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history


Funny I recall steph was fine....


Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.


Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?


Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.


Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.


Not really true. The players had some inconsistent performances. Lowry took a while to get going too.


Steph, Klay and Green with help is plenty of talent on the court. Sure, it’s not the cheat code team with Durant but it’s still more talent than Toronto had.

Kawhi deserves all the props.

No he doesn’t, Klay was hurt too. Since the warriors were built on super stars, 2 of them went down made them an average team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

i feel like the roster has problems the way its built

the starting lineup kcp green bron ad mcgee
if green isnt hitting theres one shooter in that unit. if they are not getting a bunch of lobs the lineup doesnt work for bron. bron needs a open paint because hes not the type of player that will kill teams shooting pull up 3s off the screen. lebron is also the only ball handler and initiator on the lineup.. so a team like LAC with good defenders can really clamp down on him with 1 defender like a paul george and also be able to stay home and apply pressure to kcp and green who arent playmakers

we can look at some other lineups... rondo, caruso, bradley, kuzma, howard. i really hate this one. the 3 guards are too small and cant score. this is the type of lineup that will lose any lead that we might have when lebron goes out!! and if we didnt have a lead the deficit will just grow

you could say just add in daniels or cook if you need more shooting in the lineup but they havent even been hitting consistent and truthfully they are not even good enough to be playing against the better teams!!

then ppl wonder well why tf is rondo in the game with bron?? good question.. if i had to guess its prolly because the clippers have defenders to put a lot of pressure on bron and he needs someone else to help handling the rock .. obviously the problem is no one will be worrying about rondo on offense. he aint no shooter and doesnt work in a lineup with bron ad and a center


i cant even cap we have clear roster issues that need to be addressed
_________________
Kobe Forever


Last edited by Mamba81 on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 11155
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Kawhi deserves all the props.


Kawhi is great. There’s no doubt in that. Only knock on him is his load managing necessity.

If the Lakers could load manage Lebron and AD a few games an enter the playoffs a top 4 seed I’m pretty sure they could be a major problem for some teams.

Come April who knows what both these teams will look like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.


it all comes full circle bro bron is the only dude we got that can score off the dribble... put 2 and 2 together against a team like lac that can play him 1 on 1 with 2 really good defenders its a recipe for disaster. thats y ppl like me is begging for trades to be made. bron ball is not goin to work when he can be defended 1 on 1 and when our "shooters" not even really shooters but i digress lol if ppl dont see it the same then o well.
_________________
Kobe Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 14225

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
eureca wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.


He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history


Funny I recall steph was fine....


Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.


Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?


Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.


Lol wut? I’m a Kobe fan over Lebron but what bron did 2 years ago, taking that rag tag squad to the finals and then nearly winning game 1 single handedly. If lebron is healthy come playoff time, a lot of you are going to see another gear...trust me


And if Durant missed those entire finals and Klay missed game 3 and tore his ACL in game 6 like what happened for Kawhi to win then Lebron probably has another championship.

Kawhi obviously had a great run through the East as Lebron did for years. If Warriors were healthy it would have ended the same way it did for Lebron his final Cavs years.


The Warriors were 6-0 against the West when Durant was injured in the playoffs. They looked so good people were asking if they were better without KD. Seems doubtful that Lebron and the scrubs in Cleveland would have beaten them even if Klay missed game 3 and games 6 and 7 (I’m not convinced it even goes that far).


It's possible since that Cavs team outside of Lebron was pretty bad. Kawhi did have a better supporting cast with Siakam playing like an all star and great role players at every position. I still think Lebron would pull it off. He took the Curry/Klay/Draymond team to 6 games with no Kyrie/Love and a really atrocious supporting cast. Going 4-0 without KD vs the Blazers is different than going 4-0 vs Lebron James with Klay missing 1 game and playing hobbled.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 5704
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I really was hoping for the win today
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Fremont, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Kawhi deserves all the props.


Kawhi is great. There’s no doubt in that. Only knock on him is his load managing necessity.

If the Lakers could load manage Lebron and AD a few games an enter the playoffs a top 4 seed I’m pretty sure they could be a major problem for some teams.

Come April who knows what both these teams will look like.


This is part of why I was so pi$$ed with this game. Not just because Kahwi won but because it goes a long way in validating load management.
_________________
God is a Lakers fan........usually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5966

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jimmy Butler would be so perfect for this team. We wasted too much time “waiting” on KL. My hindsight is working OT tonight.


These JB attributes would be invaluable:

Mental toughness
Leadership
Clutch play specially free throws


I always thought JB is even a better fit than KL on this team. But our front office chased bigger name and got played badly.


Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 3936

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.


Shooting 3's is the easy way out when you're tired -- executing a solid half court game takes energy.


If that's the case - not good. Has to be something more than just that tho, IMO some of it was just piss poor bad choices.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 3936

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.


it all comes full circle bro bron is the only dude we got that can score off the dribble... put 2 and 2 together against a team like lac that can play him 1 on 1 with 2 really good defenders its a recipe for disaster. thats y ppl like me is begging for trades to be made. bron ball is not goin to work when he can be defended 1 on 1 and when our "shooters" not even really shooters but i digress lol if ppl dont see it the same then o well.


I hear you but 45 3's? That comes down to coaching and player decision making as well. We're not the Rockets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.


it all comes full circle bro bron is the only dude we got that can score off the dribble... put 2 and 2 together against a team like lac that can play him 1 on 1 with 2 really good defenders its a recipe for disaster. thats y ppl like me is begging for trades to be made. bron ball is not goin to work when he can be defended 1 on 1 and when our "shooters" not even really shooters but i digress lol if ppl dont see it the same then o well.


I hear you but 45 3's? That comes down to coaching and player decision making as well. We're not the Rockets.


yea idk man im not the greatest speaker or writer so maybe the points im trying to get across dont come out real clear. but all i know is that i was there watching them really struggle when lebron was getting contained and ive seen this happen a few times against the better teams
_________________
Kobe Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 12953

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.


He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history


Funny I recall steph was fine....


Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.


Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?


Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.


Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.


Not really true. The players had some inconsistent performances. Lowry took a while to get going too.


Steph, Klay and Green with help is plenty of talent on the court. Sure, it’s not the cheat code team with Durant but it’s still more talent than Toronto had.

Kawhi deserves all the props.

No he doesn’t, Klay was hurt too. Since the warriors were built on super stars, 2 of them went down made them an average team


Klay got hurt in G5. They were already down 3-1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 3936

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i


They shot 50% more 3's tonight then their year average versus a team that is not known for its size, and a number of the 3's they took tonight were LBJ (or someone else) just dribbling behind the 3 line for 10 seconds then shooting. So there's more to it than that.


it all comes full circle bro bron is the only dude we got that can score off the dribble... put 2 and 2 together against a team like lac that can play him 1 on 1 with 2 really good defenders its a recipe for disaster. thats y ppl like me is begging for trades to be made. bron ball is not goin to work when he can be defended 1 on 1 and when our "shooters" not even really shooters but i digress lol if ppl dont see it the same then o well.


I hear you but 45 3's? That comes down to coaching and player decision making as well. We're not the Rockets.


yea idk man im not the greatest speaker or writer so maybe the points im trying to get across dont come out real clear. but all i know is that i was there watching them really struggle when lebron was getting contained and ive seen this happen a few times against the better teams


I hear you, he definitely struggled...but even, in this game, at the half when he was piss poor (couldnt buy a 3) they had a 12 point lead. Second half he actually started doing his thing a bit more...but, the 3 pointers (for their whole team) were driving me nuts...the SOLE exceptions were those that were in the "flow" / "rhythym"...I think I recall ONLY 4 of those and I was like "that's going on in!"...I was 2/4 on those predictions, as both were the KCP bombs that just felt in rhythym. But the vast majority for me were like "eh, what are we doing? How about a few passes or something?"

I dunno if I'm making sense, but this was the first game this year that, as a Laker fan, I lost my $#!^ watching the game as the minutes wore down in the 4th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Fremont, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't have the stats but I'm sure we did not score a whole lot of easy baskets on the break or on lobs to our bigs. We supposedly have an advantage on size but I did not see it on offense. On defense, we did have 10 blocks.
_________________
God is a Lakers fan........usually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the Clippers will catch and bypass the Lakers in the standings with their whole load management mentality, I guess that's a silver lining in this all?

Let the Clippers garner false hope, regular season doesn't mean jack. Let's see both teams fully healthy and this Lakers squad implementing some Indiana Pacer-Vogel defense and see who wins 4 out of 7.

I may be bias but I am not sold on the Clippers. Too many what ifs, they can pump their chest out right now all they want. To quote some basketball dude I heard years ago on the tv, "they just a bunch of studio gangsters."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB