*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (12/25/19) Gm#31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Sky is falling!

Championships are not won in December. Lakers will be fine. A lot to like and a lot that needs improvement. One of which is unforced turnovers. Turnovers caused by good D is one thing but just giving the ball away is unacceptable.

Lakers will be ready come playoff time. Lebron james will enter playoff mode...mark my words
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I thought the post Milwaukee game was bad. Oh well.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Can we stop with these dumb takes about how the Christmas game determines the rest of the season? No doubt its important and I wanted to win more than any other season but it doesnt mean anything other than a moral victory.

this was a statement game imo...sort of like when the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2009 on Christmas. cant lose these type of games on your homecourt.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
Sky is falling!

Championships are not won in December. Lakers will be fine. A lot to like and a lot that needs improvement. One of which is unforced turnovers. Turnovers caused by good D is one thing but just giving the ball away is unacceptable.

Lakers will be ready come playoff time. Lebron james will enter playoff mode...mark my words

No one wants to hear that sky is falling nonsense. Too early for that silliness. Scram. Let people ruminate.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

Nnamdi21 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Can we stop with these dumb takes about how the Christmas game determines the rest of the season? No doubt its important and I wanted to win more than any other season but it doesnt mean anything other than a moral victory.

this was a statement game imo...sort of like when the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2009 on Christmas. cant lose these type of games on your homecourt.

Well, you CAN. It’s just disappointing
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

E=MC² wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
The Lakers had another player besides Lebon and AD score 25 points off the bench tonight. They had a double-digit lead at home. But the sad truth is as structured, the Lakers know they cannot beat the Clippers. Their superstars might be smaller in stature and rep than ours but they have much bigger hearts.

Paul George who was shut down all of a sudden has a bigger heart than our superstars? The guy who is mocked as Playoff P? The overreaction is getting a little comical now.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

poppajons wrote:
Sky is falling!

im not bout to live in denial bro the roster needs a move or 2 its undeniable and keep getting exposed against the better teams. our guard play too weak rondo caruso bradley none of these dudes offer shooting or scoring and they are heavy rotation. gotta make a change simple as that theres a reason y lebron struggled in these games against better teams its easy to key in on him and ignore the weak links
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

Nnamdi21 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Yes, but we dominated most of the game. We lost the freaking game, and they just gladly took it. If this was some defensive juggernaut by the Clippers or a blowout, then I'd be really worried.

Lebron played like crap (probably injured), our threes didn't fall, we played garbage offense most of the game, and we still had a win right in front of us, and we (bleep) it up.

Last edited by Wilt on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Role players need to hit shots. Thats what it comes down to even with Lebron struggling. If we had even hit our season average on those wide open 3s game would be a blowout.

yea but from what im seeing in the games against the leagues better teams is that we get exposed on our shooting. its not as good as numbers might suggest!! kcp has been the only reliable one. even if danny green is hitting you already know dudes like rondo bradley caruso aint shooters .. our guard play is just too weak on offense imo!! need bogdan!!!

Team doesn't matter if they're missing wide open shots which most of the time they don't. The entire team is on a cold steak right now(in regards to open 3s) and I think thats more on them than the teams they're playing.

They started 8-22 and went into half with a 12 point lead

Second half they shot 4-23

Yes, you read that correctly. 4-23. That's 17%. You're not gonna beat a High School team with that type of 3 point shooting, nevermind a pro team.

Further breakdown: With a double digit lead they decided to go 3 crazy in the third (when Clippers made their run back into it), and started 1-9 from 3's. To their "credit", the Lakers finished the rest of the second half with an "incredible" 3-14 from 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Just a reminder.. we blew out the defending champion Warriors last year on Christmas and we didn’t even make the playoffs, I’m very upset right now but you guys should relax... it’s a long season.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
The Lakers had another player besides Lebon and AD score 25 points off the bench tonight. They had a double-digit lead at home. But the sad truth is as structured, the Lakers know they cannot beat the Clippers. Their superstars might be smaller in stature and rep than ours but they have much bigger hearts.

Paul George who was shut down all of a sudden has a bigger heart than our superstars? The guy who is mocked as Playoff P? The overreaction is getting a little comical now.

Kahwi has a bigger heart than LBJ and AD combined. There, are you happy?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Yes, but we dominated most of the game. We lost the freaking game, and they just gladly took it. If this was some defensive juggernaut by the Clippers or a blowout, then I'd be really worried.

Lebron played like crap (probably injured), our threes didn't fall, we played garbage offense most of the game, and we still had a win right in front of us, and we (bleep) it up.

right, i dont even think the Clippers played well. Im just worried PG and Kawhi will always be more aggressive than Lebron. and they forced their way to victory when their offense was also stagnant
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
eureca wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Kahwi has a bigger heart than LBJ and AD combined. There, are you happy?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

- LBJ looked so tired late in the game
- too many ill-advised shots late in the game
- this half-court offense doesn't lend itself to activating AD
- Clips are deeper -- we need a tweak in the lineup

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Sky is falling!

im not bout to live in denial bro the roster needs a move or 2 its undeniable and keep getting exposed against the better teams. our guard play too weak rondo caruso bradley none of these dudes offer shooting or scoring and they are heavy rotation. gotta make a change simple as that theres a reason y lebron struggled in these games against better teams its easy to key in on him and ignore the weak links

Lakers had good looks and they just weren’t falling. I think our team is way better built to withstand the grind of a 7 game series. The length and size is going to bother many teams. The clippers don’t worry me IMO. I’m more concerned about the Bucks
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Mark Jackson and Jeff Green were talking about Lakers needing a pick n roll player on the perimeter and that's what I think they need.

It's also funny to see a lot of dumb takes on this forum.

It was a very winnable game. Lakers simply missed wide open shots.

That being said, I believe they still have holes they need to fix.

EDIT: LeBron just didn't look like himself. looks like he was bothered by a groin injury or make the hit he took to it in the 1st Q.

Last edited by RetroNikes on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

LBJ 2-12 from 3; 7-12 from 2. Most of his 3s were open shots too or ones he typically creates an open shot by his movement. Always fun to do the math on these, but....if he just went a modest 4-12 from 3....its a W
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Role players need to hit shots. Thats what it comes down to even with Lebron struggling. If we had even hit our season average on those wide open 3s game would be a blowout.

yea but from what im seeing in the games against the leagues better teams is that we get exposed on our shooting. its not as good as numbers might suggest!! kcp has been the only reliable one. even if danny green is hitting you already know dudes like rondo bradley caruso aint shooters .. our guard play is just too weak on offense imo!! need bogdan!!!

Team doesn't matter if they're missing wide open shots which most of the time they don't. The entire team is on a cold steak right now(in regards to open 3s) and I think thats more on them than the teams they're playing.

its more on them because they aint really shooters lol bradley caruso rondo kuzma are not shooters bruh and this is the reason why the defense can lock in on lebron.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What about Danny Green guys? When was the last time he hit a big gravity of the moment shot? Dude seems to only hit free flowing threes when we're losing early in games or blowouts. Clutch moments where a lot weighs on the shot, he has failed time and time again. I remember he hit a big three to send game into overtime against Spurs or Mavs earlier in the year, but these big shots are few and far between for $15,000,000.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.

He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history

Funny I recall steph was fine....

Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.

Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?

Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Sky is falling!

Lakers had good looks and they just weren’t falling. I think our team is way better built to withstand the grind of a 7 game series. The length and size is going to bother many teams. The clippers don’t worry me IMO. I’m more concerned about the Bucks

In short, we just didn't execute as a championship late in the game. Lebron looked tired & instead of executing a sound 1/2 court game we jacked up 3's all over the place.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

6 game losing streak coming up
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to take much out of regular season games in December (I still remember that absolute garbage game the '09-'10 Lakers played on Christmas day to Lebron's Cavs, only to win it all that year), but at the same time, four game losing streaks aren't exactly a great look for a team aspiring for a championship, regardless of what came before.

I suspect this Lakers team will bounce back, but remains to be seen if they can go all the way. The Clippers have looked much better down the stretch in both these matchups, but I don't necessarily see them as 'unbeatable' either. Hopefully we'll see better from the Lakers if this becomes a Playoffs matchup.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Sky is falling!

aight then bruh ur not worried about a team that has handled us twice and appears to be a clear match up problem.. fair enough!! no moves needed. lets just stick with the same players and guard rotation. its actually kind of crazy to think that kcp is our best guard (no knock on him) but its hard to imagine a team winning a title like this
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.

He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history

Funny I recall steph was fine....

Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.

Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?

Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.

Lol wut? I’m a Kobe fan over Lebron but what bron did 2 years ago, taking that rag tag squad to the finals and then nearly winning game 1 single handedly. If lebron is healthy come playoff time, a lot of you are going to see another gear...trust me
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 40 of 44
Jump to: