*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (12/25/19) Gm#31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
What about Danny Green guys? When was the last time he hit a big gravity of the moment shot? Dude seems to only hit free flowing threes when we're losing early in games or blowouts. Clutch moments where a lot weighs on the shot, he has failed time and time again. I remember he hit a big three to send game into overtime against Spurs or Mavs earlier in the year, but these big shots are few and far between for $15,000,000.

Yup, I don't recall any clutch shots besides the one he hit against the Mavs. Hope that changes very soon.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I agree this does not look like a championship team, but does any team look that way? The Bucks (bleep) all over the Clippers. Harden and Westbrook (bleep) all over them too. The Rockets just lost to the Warriors. The Bucks were just exposed by the Sixers.

Which team out there looks amazing right now?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.

He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history

Funny I recall steph was fine....

Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.

Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?

Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.

Yep, you may not like him but give the man his respect. He was a big reason why the Heat 3-peat attempt was dismantled in the Finals.
He was the reason why the Spurs were relevant, it wasn't the system but his great talent....now they are trash. I love bad takes like this guy drae who never came back to respond.....
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

its clear to me the clippers got guys that can give lebron a difficult time on offense. on top of that there isnt floor spacing when you got a lineup consisting of mcgee, howard caruso or rondo. and lebrons whole success is based around floor spacing. this is why we need to make a trade!! need a guard that can score and alleviate pressure from lebron. its hella obvious and probably need another dude with size to help defend kawhi and george.

Last edited by Mamba81 on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

Gandalf wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
What about Danny Green guys? When was the last time he hit a big gravity of the moment shot? Dude seems to only hit free flowing threes when we're losing early in games or blowouts. Clutch moments where a lot weighs on the shot, he has failed time and time again. I remember he hit a big three to send game into overtime against Spurs or Mavs earlier in the year, but these big shots are few and far between for $15,000,000.

Yup, I don't recall any clutch shots besides the one he hit against the Mavs. Hope that changes very soon.

Look we can't rely on 3's down the stretch as a substitute for a solid-half court game. The Lakers looked very tired particularly LBJ and we settled for a boat load of 3 point shots down the stretch. Clips looked fresher and deeper unfortunately -- Lakers need a depth tweak.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
Sky is falling!

Championships are not won in December. Lakers will be fine. A lot to like and a lot that needs improvement. One of which is unforced turnovers. Turnovers caused by good D is one thing but just giving the ball away is unacceptable.

Lakers will be ready come playoff time. Lebron james will enter playoff mode...mark my words

Lakers will not improve. They’re at Christmas and they’re throwing the ball away like it’s on fire. This is who they are. A solid defensive team that seems to have been figured out by the rest of the league. It’s only gonna get worse from here. They’re severely limited and it will show more and more. Kuz scored well tonight, Clippers played mediocre for most of the game and Lakers still lost. They’ll beat bad teams, lose to good teams, and exit the playoffs early.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I agree this does not look like a championship team, but does any team look that way? The Bucks (bleep) all over the Clippers. Harden and Westbrook (bleep) all over them too. The Rockets just lost to the Warriors. The Bucks were just exposed by the Sixers.

Agreed. So much basketball left to play. We’re not even halfway through the season
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
its clear to me the clippers got guys that can give lebron a difficult time on offense. on top of that there isnt floor spacing when you got a lineup consisting of mcgee, howard caruso or rondo. this is why we need to make a trade!! need a guard that can score and alleviate pressure from lebron. its hella obvious and probably need another dude with size to help defend kawhi and george.

I believe in both games both AD and LBJ shot below their season averages vs CLips (For tonight, didnt help they were a COMBINED 3-18 from 3)

Last edited by DrDent on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Agreed. So much basketball left to play. We’re not even halfway through the season

It's more so our flaws that are glaring and a fear..... we have 1 maybe 2 creators on our whole team, and it shows, our offense is stagnant quarter after quarter..... that's not how you win a championship, especially with a 35 year old PG, and not having great shooters flanking.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

It's more so our flaws that are glaring and a fear..... we have 1 maybe 2 creators on our whole team, and it shows, our offense is stagnant quarter after quarter..... that's not how you win a championship, especially with a 35 year old PG, and not having great shooters flanking.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history

Oh I'm sorry

Kawhi's a fraud.

Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.

Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.
DaveMac80
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Team just needs a couple tweaks. Getting rid of Rondo being one. More shooting. LeBron was obviously hurt. Some of these takes are absurd.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

It’s not the end of the world, but brutal honesty is straight in the mirror.

To have a no kidding, legit chance at the championship we are going to need roster upgrades.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The FT shooting and the iso skills of lebron worries me
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
its clear to me the clippers got guys that can give lebron a difficult time on offense. on top of that there isnt floor spacing when you got a lineup consisting of mcgee, howard caruso or rondo. this is why we need to make a trade!! need a guard that can score and alleviate pressure from lebron. its hella obvious and probably need another dude with size to help defend kawhi and george.

I believe in both games both AD and LBJ shot below their season averages vs CLips (In both cases, didnt help they were a COMBINED 3-18 from 3)

its not coincidence either when they keep struggling against teams like the clippers or bucks. im telling you this is a glimpse of what its goin to look like later in the postseason. if no moves are made defenses are going to key in on bron and force the rest of our guys (who rely on lebron) to beat them.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

damn somebody gets it!!
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s not the end of the world, but brutal honesty is straight in the mirror.

To have a no kidding, legit chance at the championship we are going to need roster upgrades.

yup -- you can't stand pat. That 4th quarter half-court offensive performance was brutal.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Look we can't rely on 3's down the stretch as a substitute for a solid-half court game. The Lakers looked very tired particularly LBJ and we settled for a boat load of 3 point shots down the stretch. Clips looked fresher and deeper unfortunately -- Lakers need a depth tweak.

Oh, I agree 100% that we need changes. We were pretty successful the early part of the year against teams we should beat because LBJ and AD were fresh. When the superstars on a top-heavy team like this are nicked up or "get tired", then they start losing. Not sure what our record is against the league's other top teams but I'm sure it's not spectacular either.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler would be so perfect for this team. We wasted too much time “waiting” on KL. My hindsight is working OT tonight.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jimmy Butler would be so perfect for this team. We wasted too much time “waiting” on KL. My hindsight is working OT tonight.

bruh forreal i mean i get why they waited obviously but man.. really hurt us we coulda had a really good 3rd piece that woulda made us complete!!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol wut? I’m a Kobe fan over Lebron but what bron did 2 years ago, taking that rag tag squad to the finals and then nearly winning game 1 single handedly. If lebron is healthy come playoff time, a lot of you are going to see another gear...trust me

2 years ago Lebron didn’t have to beat anybody to make the Finals. That’s how bad the East was. His team got exposed in the Finals when they finally played somebody.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

poppajons wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol wut? I’m a Kobe fan over Lebron but what bron did 2 years ago, taking that rag tag squad to the finals and then nearly winning game 1 single handedly. If lebron is healthy come playoff time, a lot of you are going to see another gear...trust me

And if Durant missed those entire finals and Klay missed game 3 and tore his ACL in game 6 like what happened for Kawhi to win then Lebron probably has another championship.

Kawhi obviously had a great run through the East as Lebron did for years. If Warriors were healthy it would have ended the same way it did for Lebron his final Cavs years.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The FT shooting and the iso skills of lebron worries me

He fades back like Malone on the 2nd shots all the time. More subtle, but there's a fade and a pause before the release, a hitch in other words, that's not there on the first one. Sucks to see it happen over and over.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Other interesting stats tonight:

Lakers 27-51 from 2 point land (52%)

Of course their well documented poor 3 point shooting from tonight: 12-45 (26.7%)

Clippers outrebounded the Lakers by 8 That definitely hurt

The 45 3 point shots...I'll take a stab here (without checking) and say that's the most they've taken all year. They average 30 a game, so that's a 50% increase versus the Clippers.

I'd be very curious as to why so many 3's, a number of them tossed up for almost no reason other than just because (eg, not in rhythym, or not because a set play was run).
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Even his uncle and sister are scoundrels. Too bad we didn't pay enough attention to the tea leaves in SA. Took this POS as an honest practitioner and got burned.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 41 of 44
Jump to: