*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Milwaukee Bucks (12/19/19) Gm#29 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Kuz better be shooting 1000 threes a la kobe right now.

He’s getting his hair did
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Biggest flaw in the roster is lack of 3/4s on this roster. With Kuz out you quickly get really small. Doesn't help that beyond Green the guards are all tweeners very small lineup. Was even worst when AD missed the Pacers game. LBJ looks tired too.

Lakers will be fine in the playoffs if they are healthy. The pace they are on isn't realistic. I expect a trade or signing at some point. WAY too many guards on the roster. Iggy would be a nice add but may not happen.

KCP guarding Giannis
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Hey wanna hear a joke?

4 points off the bench!

I doubt any team in the NBA this year has had a game where their bench scored less...!
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Hey wanna hear a joke?

4 points off the bench!

I doubt any team in the NBA this year has had a game where their bench scored less...!

That can’t be a real number. Sheesh
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
still like to think we're winning the title but after a night like this im filled with doubt

We played Porty 11x in 2000 and it was 6-5 all the way down to the 4th Q of G7. Though I'd like for their psyche to win a few statement games, they can't afford to mope around because they have the Nuggs and Clipps coming in. Then they gotta win another at Porty only three weeks after the last one and Dallas comes back to Staples, maybe w/ Air Luka back by then. They can redeem themselves with a win against LAC. If we lose that one too, then maybe I'll shed a tear, but that was a 4-1 road trip w/o that ankle roll. We're in good shape. No one said the process would be easy. Same general pattern was there with the Queens in 2002.

And 01, Bucks won 50ish and won both RS gms against us. I've come across a handful of their fans at Unreal over the years who think they woulda won the title because of that in 2001. Probably seen that claim 10-12x since 2001, the season I started reading/posting there. What happened? They got bounced by Philly. Same sh might happen again this year for all we know. It's way too early to soil our drawers (over NBA games, anyway).

I also recall getting outhustled and outwitted by Boston in 2008. In Nov 08, we had a game vs DET to prove to ourselves if we have toughened up. We got easily beaten and things were a little tense around here. I was tense myself. Then all worked out and we won a title softly.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

After the game, im at peace.

We cut a 21 pt deficient down to 7 in the 4th to the other best team in the league. With lob sides officiating in the 1st half, last game of a long road trip, AD coming off a rolled ankle, our bench playing piss poor, LBJ having a low night and The Freak shooting like Curry & everything else involved, we only lost by 7.

Clippers got plowed by the Bucks.

I like our chances in a 7 game series against anyone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Last night was a statement game. Milwaukee made a statement, it was "WE ARE FOR REAL, WE ARE A CONTENDER."

Not making any excuses about the tail end of a road trip, we were outplayed. The team was sluggish and LeBron looked spent. Bucs killed us from the 3 line.

Giannis is making a case for the MVP.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Last night was a statement game. Milwaukee made a statement, it was "WE ARE FOR REAL, WE ARE A CONTENDER."

Not making any excuses about the tail end of a road trip, we were outplayed. The team was sluggish and LeBron looked spent. Bucs killed us from the 3 line.

Giannis is making a case for the MVP.

Good thing is we have a load of potential statement games left. This is the 30 gm range whereas the 2/29/00 at POR gm featured two 45-11 teams and Porty swooned when they lost, 90-87. Not saying the Bucks aren't real, but we've seen this kind of tenseness after losing to a quality team. This game below was an even better example. I remember more than a few pissed off fans who decried our softness after the prior Finals, blowing a 24 pt lead, and stupidly wearing shorty shorts in the RS against BOS at Staples (lookin like "damn fooz" per James Posey). Then we were 7-0 to start 2009 and got handled by DET who won 59 in 2007/08 and lost in the ECFs to Boston. We presumed they were as good in 2008/09 as they were the prior year, hence the panic to the loss.

11/14/08 vs DET:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200811140LAL.html

2/29/00 at POR: balanced output, Kobe and Shaq with only 11 and 17 shots -- we had reliable vets as our supporting cast tho... Shaq shot .412 and we won. That shows how great our team D was that year, 1st rated in league.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200002290POR.html
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

What needs to happen next is all of the Laker players, especially AD & LeBron start raving about how great the Greek Freak (GF) is to his brother (Kostas) so he can relay that info to the GF and start the recruiting process...!

He needs to be a Laker, especially if he wants to be immortal and a legend, playing in Milwaukee will not get him the fame he deserves!
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

A lot of no call drives as we tried to cut the last 7-8 points in the last 4-5 minutes and missed 3s by Lebron and AD. Bucks got hot in the 2nd at home. Takes a lot of energy to come back from 21 down. At least we have more fight than the cLips. I’ll take a close loss in this game for a win on Christmas. Was gonna be real tough to win both as it was,,,
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53
Jump to: