"Consider this a warning, @NBA."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Oh, one of those premature celebration threads that will blow up in OPs face once AD goes down with his shoulder and the Lakers are swept by the Mavs, great. Let me tell you something, my friend:

A real Lakers-fan doesn't boast and certainly doesn't celebrate anything else than a 'chip, buddy. Just keep your cool and smirk arrogantly whenever one of those doofus friends of yours wants to talk b-ball with you. They're not worth your time, they're not on your level intellectually. If they were, they would be Lakers-fans, too, right?

The moment we sweep Giannis in the finals is when I will rise from my couch, tip my hat to the team, light a cigar, take a sip of some good ol' whiskey, and enjoy the moment for a couple of minutes. And once the glass is empty it's back to smirking arrogantly and ignoring people until we win the next one. That is the Laker way, baby.

I was a "real Lakers-fan" well before 01 Dec 2019, newbie (unless you want to share what your other usernames are).

In the words of Phil Jackson, "Enjoy the journey". Every real Laker fan knows that the championship is the main goal for us. That goes without saying. That does not deter us from enjoying the journey, on the road to the championship. That's the one thing that Kobe said that Phil taught him. Savor the championship but, enjoy the journey.

Definitely
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Oh, one of those premature celebration threads that will blow up in OPs face once AD goes down with his shoulder and the Lakers are swept by the Mavs, great. Let me tell you something, my friend:

A real Lakers-fan doesn't boast and certainly doesn't celebrate anything else than a 'chip, buddy. Just keep your cool and smirk arrogantly whenever one of those doofus friends of yours wants to talk b-ball with you. They're not worth your time, they're not on your level intellectually. If they were, they would be Lakers-fans, too, right?

The moment we sweep Giannis in the finals is when I will rise from my couch, tip my hat to the team, light a cigar, take a sip of some good ol' whiskey, and enjoy the moment for a couple of minutes. And once the glass is empty it's back to smirking arrogantly and ignoring people until we win the next one. That is the Laker way, baby.

I was a "real Lakers-fan" well before 01 Dec 2019, newbie (unless you want to share what your other usernames are).

In the words of Phil Jackson, "Enjoy the journey". Every real Laker fan knows that the championship is the main goal for us. That goes without saying. That does not deter us from enjoying the journey, on the road to the championship. That's the one thing that Kobe said that Phil taught him. Savor the championship but, enjoy the journey.

Definitely

To Carushow:

I think that telling everyone what the "real Lakers fan" does and does not do is--quite frankly--egotistic. For me, Lakers fans show up at opponents' stadiums and try to out cheer the home town fans. Lakers fans chant "MVP" whenever a young Laker shows maturity and growth. To the rest of the NBA, Lakers fans are obnoxious because we love our Lakers--and it shows. You are welcome, of course, to celebrate in whatever minimal way that you want.

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Definitely

To Carushow:

I think that telling everyone what the "real Lakers fan" does and does not do is--quite frankly--egotistic. For me, Lakers fans show up at opponents' stadiums and try to out cheer the home town fans. Lakers fans chant "MVP" whenever a young Laker shows maturity and growth. To the rest of the NBA, Lakers fans are obnoxious because we love our Lakers--and it shows. You are welcome, of course, to celebrate in whatever minimal way that you want.

In fairness, you both seem to be speaking to what “Real” fans do.
Apologies if I’m reading it wrong
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Definitely

To Carushow:

Actually, I said that he was welcome to celebrate in any way that he wanted--I just highlighted it. I was pointing out there are different ways for people to enjoy being Lakers fan. I apologize if it didn't come across that way.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
i have a lot less people that want to talk about the NBA now. They were ride or die warrior "fans" and now unsure who their favorite team is now.

Either way, all the jerseys and chants we hear for the lakers across the entire NBA is a long-awaited release by laker fans.

it is a great feeling and moment, but waiting to see when last game is this playoffs.

May our last playoff game this season be a Lakers victory.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
i have a lot less people that want to talk about the NBA now. They were ride or die warrior "fans" and now unsure who their favorite team is now.

Either way, all the jerseys and chants we hear for the lakers across the entire NBA is a long-awaited release by laker fans.

it is a great feeling and moment, but waiting to see when last game is this playoffs.

Very nice!

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Definitely

To Carushow:

Actually, I said that he was welcome to celebrate in any way that he wanted--I just highlighted it. I was pointing out there are different ways for people to enjoy being Lakers fan. I apologize if it didn't come across that way.

You’re good, brother 👍
I agree with your sentiment
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

Very nice!

May this be the case for every season, in perpetuity
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I’m waiting until the end of the postseason.

epak wrote:
I'm waiting until the end of the playoffs.

I'm waiting for the parade down Figueroa.

Come to think of it, I am wondering if Caruso can dance better than Madsen.

Totally racist....but I am ok with it.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers win Christmas day......you will see Clippers fans disappear like a fart in the wind. Matter of fact, I don't even see any Clippers fans outside of Clippers games....I don't believe they exist outside of the media.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Also, being a Dodgers fan and going you another stadium you never have to worry about representing because you have tons of people to back you up. I have never been to a Lakers game outside Staples or the Forum, but I am guessing it is the same.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
If the Lakers win Christmas day......you will see Clippers fans disappear like a fart in the wind. Matter of fact, I don't even see any Clippers fans outside of Clippers games....I don't believe they exist outside of the media.

It’s a Wag the Dog scenario
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
Also, being a Dodgers fan and going you another stadium you never have to worry about representing because you have tons of people to back you up. I have never been to a Lakers game outside Staples or the Forum, but I am guessing it is the same.

Used to go to Oracle all the time and it was never an issue. Laker fans flooded that stadium for a couple decades.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:

Used to go to Oracle all the time and it was never an issue. Laker fans flooded that stadium for a couple decades.

Still did during the KD era, and heck, still do, even now, when its hard to find dubs fans during the lakers games
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:

bruh of course. lakers the yankees of the nba!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

blessing in disguise was magic johnson stepping down. it was sort of a domino effect of good things to come
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

The scary thing is that we're not even close to firing on all cylinders.
The ones that truly matter of Davis and Lebron is doing better than expected.
I think the other key (imo) is Howard who fit into his new role like a glove that really takes it up another notch.

Still a long way to go, with Kuzma not hitting his stride yet. Either way, still a Lakers fan, since 1979 through thick and thin.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
I think the other key (imo) is Howard who fit into his new role like a glove that really takes it up another notch.

Still a long way to go, with Kuzma not hitting his stride yet. Either way, still a Lakers fan, since 1979 through thick and thin.

Agree.

IF: AB comes back, DG hits 3's and plays D like we need, Kuz gives us + minutes and the team stays reasonably healthy, the Lakers will have an historic, championship season.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
tlim wrote:

Agree.

IF: AB comes back, DG hits 3's and plays D like we need, Kuz gives us + minutes and the team stays reasonably healthy, the Lakers will have an historic, championship season.

The potential for one would definitely be there
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Remember all the crap the Lakers got for signing Lebron to that contract? I was hearing it from everyone, about how he's too old to be worth it. Look at Lebron now, he looks 25.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Well said.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I an SUPER happy they are playing well, but I'm not ready to start polishing that championship trophy or planning the parade just yet...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I an SUPER happy they are playing well, but I'm not ready to start polishing that championship trophy or planning the parade just yet...

Anyone who’s watched more than 5 minutes of basketball should feel the same.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Well said.

Reminded me of one of.my favorite movies
https://vimeo.com/81181300
It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination
Nick Nolte in The Peaceful Warrior
Can skip to.about 2min mark if want
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

Beat LA is like viagra to this fanbase. Bring it stans!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: