Lakers memorabilia thread

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Lakers memorabilia thread

What are your favorite pieces?

mine:

00-02, 09-10 LA Times Front + Sports pages

name pin set from 1994 with pig miller, nick van exel, eddie jones, ced ceballos

pin from Chick's 3,000th consecutive game

NBA licensed 2000 championship baseball cap with black leather brim - best one the Lakers ever had

this textured Kobe rookie card
http://smalltraditions.com/ItemImages/000022/22804a_lg.jpeg

all SLAM issues with Lakers on the cover

96-97 media guide

97-98 KCAL lakers schedule magnet

300+ ticket stubs going back to 1983

nba official game ball signed by Shaq, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis, and Kobe

crown jewel: Lakers game day giveaway banner signed by Chick Hearn
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

Wow love you bro. I’d kill for pig miller and van exel pins. Maybe not kill but maim. I do have Chick’s 3000th consecutive game pin as well.

My favorites I have
Chick’s purple away game jersey. Legit jersey, haven’t seen one before. Bought it many years ago on eBay.

Lakers slot machine. Was a slot machine at Luxor which was Lakered out.

Kobe retirement game jersey.

Audio recordings of me as a 13 year old calling in and talking to Stu.

Then meeting Stu earlier this year, casually sitting next to him for a few minutes talking and then telling him the story of the call that transpired when I called in and talked to him. Telling him that I still have the tapes and him saying “You STILLL have the tapes??” Taking a pic together.

Van exel jersey I bought in 94. (I always wanted a pig Miller jersey but I don’t think they even sold em) did they?

Magic’s jersey I got for Christmas around the same time.

Kobe’s sweat off the palm of his hand when I gave him the 1997 style hand slap goodbye five semi grip-hard fingertip slip off after I tried to get him to change his long distance company.

Close calls:

Kobe’s face mask

The #24 floor board from Kobe’s last game. My two cousins and I went 3 ways and were the highest bidders several times during it. However when we an even 100k, we seriously were (bleep) out pants thinking we for sure got it. We’d been bidding all afternoon and early evening. The bids were quickly outbid each and every time, however when we hit our 100k bid there came a few minutes of eery no action and silence. We seriously thought we had it. Then boom, they came roaring in again and I think it went for around 180k after that.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

I have a ticket from Kobe's last game signed by Kobe that I won in a charity raffle
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

I love them all

Lakers blanket

Lakers baby blanket

Lakers slippers

Lakers Timbaland special edition 8" boots

Lakers sweater

Magic Jersey

Kobe Jersey

Kobe rubber b-ball

Kobe action figure

Kobe Pez dispenser

Shaq jersey

Shaq Pez dispenser

LeBron jersey

Anthony Davis jersey

Jeremy Lin Lakers shirt

Ingram jersey
RustyShackleford
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

Awesome thread, Monty. I was in my old room at the parent's house the other day and saw some gems I haven't seen in awhile:

A bunch of mid-80s BASF Lakers "cards" (more like super photos), some of the entire team and staff, others as solo in their glorious poses. Most notably: Larry Spriggs, Magic, KAJ, Kupchak, Swen Nater, Clay Johnson, Mike McGee, and Worthy.

My dad's '87-'88 back-to-back vehicle license plate holder with matching 1988 NBA Finals Coffee mug with etched signatures of the team

The 1988 VHS video of the Lakers back-to-back title run. My favorite scene was the one with a little excerpt of Mychal Thompson explaning the benefits of road travel. You can watch this now on the Lakers Dynasty Collection DVD series (the one that ended with the 2010 championship)

Too small and tattered to wear but the '88 caricature t-shirt of the Lakers with 32 and 33 going back-to-back under Riley

A few Fabulous Forum Gameday programs that have the original KHJ (KCAL) snippets and facts about the Forum (Capacity 17,505)

A New Era Lakers cap from the '98 playoffs vs. the Jazz that I wore on playoff games. Can't wait to dust that one off hopefully this year barring disaster.

A '99 Destiny's Child Say My Name IMPORT CD - had a bunch of remixes including the track with Kobe

4 Lakers Flags from their glorious '01 title run.
A few refrigerator magnets throughout the early 2000s with the lakers schedule

The '08-'09 and '09-'10 caricature T-shirts along with the Wheaties cereal boxes for those years. I wrapped those up and then put those in a plastic bag

Still wear the '00 Reebok Gold or the Nike Purple half-zip jerseys when I attend the games.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Wow love you bro. I’d kill for pig miller and van exel pins. Maybe not kill but maim. I do have Chick’s 3000th consecutive game pin as well.

My favorites I have
Chick’s purple away game jersey. Legit jersey, haven’t seen one before. Bought it many years ago on eBay.

Lakers slot machine. Was a slot machine at Luxor which was Lakered out.

Kobe retirement game jersey.

Audio recordings of me as a 13 year old calling in and talking to Stu.

Then meeting Stu earlier this year, casually sitting next to him for a few minutes talking and then telling him the story of the call that transpired when I called in and talked to him. Telling him that I still have the tapes and him saying “You STILLL have the tapes??” Taking a pic together.

Van exel jersey I bought in 94. (I always wanted a pig Miller jersey but I don’t think they even sold em) did they?

Magic’s jersey I got for Christmas around the same time.

Kobe’s sweat off the palm of his hand when I gave him the 1997 style hand slap goodbye five semi grip-hard fingertip slip off after I tried to get him to change his long distance company.

Close calls:

Kobe’s face mask

The #24 floor board from Kobe’s last game. My two cousins and I went 3 ways and were the highest bidders several times during it. However when we an even 100k, we seriously were (bleep) out pants thinking we for sure got it. We’d been bidding all afternoon and early evening. The bids were quickly outbid each and every time, however when we hit our 100k bid there came a few minutes of eery no action and silence. We seriously thought we had it. Then boom, they came roaring in again and I think it went for around 180k after that.

mad respect, babajoon
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Wow, you guys got some killer stuff..

I have a couple of purple bottles of Lakers Water (Still sealed!)

And a program from a 1972-73 season game, I got at the game when I went with my dad as a kid...

Oh, and I have an original Dream Team t-shirt, not Lakers, but has Magic on it...!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I have a Lakers basketball I snatched (I didn't feel bad then, and I don't feel bad now) from their old practice facility. It was the year they changed the official NBA ball to that microfiber nonsense. Looks cool though, and I know it was well used by all the players.
lj12
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

My wife gave me a signed kobe ball and a signed jersey from his last year for our wedding!
Oh and i have signed dlo jersey from when i met him in portland haha
I'd love to have more but currently don't have the space or money hahaha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: