Danny Green needs to step it up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:

I read your last posts. You said that Kuzma would be the next big thing in the league

Strawman. I said this may be his breakout year. In the games he's healthy and fit he's knocking down 40% from 3, and though he's played half his games injured he's averaging 12 points a game. In the games he's healthy he's averaging at least 15 after Lebron and AD get their share.

He's obviously important.

Carushow wrote:

and that you are confident we will beat the Clippers in the playoffs easily.

Of course. If the Clippers struggle against an injured Lebron, an injured AD, and a Lakers team who can't knock down shots then we have their number.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

I read your last posts. You said that Kuzma would be the next big thing in the league

Strawman. I said this may be his breakout year. In the games he's healthy and fit he's knocking down 40% from 3, and though he's played half his games injured he's averaging 12 points a game. In the games he's healthy he's averaging at least 15 after Lebron and AD get their share.

Carushow wrote:

Of course. If the Clippers struggle against an injured Lebron, an injured AD, and a Lakers team who can't knock down shots then we have their number.

So the games Kuzma plays "injured" don't count? Wish Josh Hart had gotten that kind of treatment, he might still be here. AD is playing injured all the time and having a great year by the way.

You can make the same argument the other way around, Clippers were basically playing without PG and LW and still won easily.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Carushow wrote:

So the games Kuzma plays "injured" don't count? Wish Josh Hart had gotten that kind of treatment, he might still be here. AD is playing injured all the time and having a great year by the way.

You can make the same argument the other way around, Clippers were basically playing without PG and LW and still won easily.

Strawman, I didn't say they didn't count. But why would the games Kuzma played injured or working his way back in be an indicator of what he does when healthy? Your "injured" in quotation marks is stupid btw, the injuries were well documented.

AD plays better not injured. His post game is more aggressive for starters. He settles for more fadeaways when he's carrying injuries. Once again it's not an indicator of what he does when fully healthy.

PG and LW were nullified. That'll happen again in the playoffs. Lebron and AD will likely not be injured in the playoffs. And they didn't win easily, the scraped across the line.

The Clippers played an injured, not in form Lakers and barely won.

(bleep) team.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:
drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Carushow wrote:

Strawman, I didn't say they didn't count. But why would the games Kuzma played injured or working his way back in be an indicator of what he does when healthy? Your "injured" in quotation marks is stupid btw, the injuries were well documented.

AD plays better not injured. His post game is more aggressive for starters. He settles for more fadeaways when he's carrying injuries. Once again it's not an indicator of what he does when fully healthy.

PG and LW were nullified. That'll happen again in the playoffs. Lebron and AD will likely not be injured in the playoffs. And they didn't win easily, the scraped across the line.

The Clippers played an injured, not in form Lakers and barely won.

(bleep) team.

You can't just cherry-pick statistics from games where a player shoots at a high percentage and discard others because of minor injuries. If he is fit to play, he is fit to play. Just like LeBron always comes up with injuries as an excuse for poor performances (had the flu, my groin etc.), nobody cares, man. Kawhi is playing injured all the time, and he won MVP and singlehandedly beat the Lakers yesterday. And for a (bleep) team they kicked our asses pretty good the last two games...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:

You can't just cherry-pick statistics from games where a player shoots at a high percentage and discard others because of minor injuries. If he is fit to play, he is fit to play. Just like LeBron always comes up with injuries as an excuse for poor performances (had the flu, my groin etc.), nobody cares, man. Kawhi is playing injured all the time, and he won MVP and singlehandedly beat the Lakers yesterday. And for a (bleep) team they kicked our asses pretty good the last two games...

I'm not cherry picking statistics and I didn't mention about being fit to play. The best indicator of what Kuzma does when healthy are the games he plays when health.

Kawhi is playing injured yes, and his performance is down from last year. And it will be down in the playoffs as well. We can't expect the same performance from Kawhi when he's not healthy as to when he is healthy.

Kawhi won MVP because the Warriors were more injured than him. Not hard to win MVP when you're playing a third of a Warriors team.

The Clippers just managed to beat a team with an injured Lebron, an injured AD, on a day we couldn't shoot. If that's all they've got they're not scary. At all.

(bleep) team.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

I'm not cherry picking statistics and I didn't mention about being fit to play. The best indicator of what Kuzma does when healthy are the games he plays when health.

Kawhi is playing injured yes, and his performance is down from last year. And it will be down in the playoffs as well. We can't expect the same performance from Kawhi when he's not healthy as to when he is healthy.

Kawhi won MVP because the Warriors were more injured than him. Not hard to win MVP when you're playing a third of a Warriors team.

The Clippers just managed to beat a team with an injured Lebron, an injured AD, on a day we couldn't shoot. If that's all they've got they're not scary. At all.

(bleep) team.

Then let's hope that LBJ, AD and Kuzma are all 100% healthy come playoff-time and Kawhi is not, I guess. I am not as confident as you that we can beat them when both teams are at full strength, so let's leave it at that for the moment. Don't want to derail the DG-thread any further.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

(bleep) team.

Then let's hope that LBJ, AD and Kuzma are all 100% healthy come playoff-time and Kawhi is not, I guess. I am not as confident as you that we can beat them when both teams are at full strength, so let's leave it at that for the moment. Don't want to derail the DG-thread any further.

Lol, TBH the OP should have posted his message in the actual Danny Green thread anyway so who cares
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:
drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

(bleep) team.

Lol, TBH the OP should have posted his message in the actual Danny Green thread anyway so who cares

I actually thought this was the official Danny Green thread tbh didn't care to dig that out from page 3 I guess.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Not earning his $15 million a year, if you get paid like a big dawg, you need to play like a big dawg.

We overpaid a 32 yo player who was never worth that contract. Not even in his prime. I have always been a fan and wish we could have brought him in 4 seasons ago.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

His contract is resultant of Kawhi Leonard’s stalling. Without him who’d we have at that point? And only a 2 year deal.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Not earning his $15 million a year, if you get paid like a big dawg, you need to play like a big dawg.

We overpaid a 32 yo player who was never worth that contract. Not even in his prime. I have always been a fan and wish we could have brought him in 4 seasons ago.

I honestly think that we signed him out of desperation after KL done toying with us.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Okay, who would you have signed instead of Danny Green then? This includes the Kawhi stalling. Post their stats please.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Green's clutch shooting is a major asset. Already won us a game against Dallas that we stole basically. We need vets that will play in big moments and stay calm. Robert Horry and Fish would suck most of the season and then come playoffs in big games and moments show up. This is how I view Green. And he can defend.

I think he will be a different asset in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole different animal. You need guys like Green in those situations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Green's clutch shooting is a major asset. Already won us a game against Dallas that we stole basically. We need vets that will play in big moments and stay calm. Robert Horry and Fish would suck most of the season and then come playoffs in big games and moments show up. This is how I view Green. And he can defend.

I think he will be a different asset in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole different animal. You need guys like Green in those situations.

Toronto almost benched Danny in the Bucks series last year. In that series he went 4 from 23 from three.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Toronto almost benched Danny in the Bucks series last year. In that series he went 4 from 23 from three.

That's because FVF is playing awesome, and they have depth. We would do same - but I am curious what Green's stats are on spot ups in the last 2-3 minutes of a game. From just my memory, he makes a great deal of them. I feel he is really reliable in the death of games. His stroke from 3 is the best on the team without question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He was very good in 2016, decent in 2017 and not so impressive since.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Yup, the only way he'll be worth that contract is if he hits a hot streak during the playoffs. It's a crap shoot with that guy, considering how streaky he is and how poorly he's played in recent postseasons. We'll have to be pretty fortunate for him to get hot at the right time for us this spring.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Yup, the only way he'll be worth that contract is if he hits a hot streak during the playoffs. It's a crap shoot with that guy, considering how streaky he is and how poorly he's played in recent postseasons. We'll have to be pretty fortunate for him to get hot at the right time for us this spring.

Fingers Crossed, baby!
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

This guy needs to get shipped out.
For $15M a year, hes not producing enough.
Rarely closes games, shots inconsistent

19 min vs portland and 3pts ?!? Gtfoh
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Was he this bad on Toronto last year?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Was he this bad on Toronto last year?

No.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Press note: Danny Green has changed his jersey name to:

"California High Speed Rail."

If you have no game, the least you can do is add twenty letters to your name.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I need him to hit shots like Draymond Green
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
This guy needs to get shipped out.
For $15M a year, hes not producing enough.
Rarely closes games, shots inconsistent

19 min vs portland and 3pts ?!? Gtfoh

D green for thj/pick
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Green will either sign everything anyone offers and greet everyone who walks through those doors, or he’ll stumble around missing the things he has to sign all day and knocking over all the merchandise with no other scenario in-between.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1210631185128247296

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: