Danny Green needs to step it up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
He's always been streaky. Can win you some games and lose you some games with his shooting.

He just doesn’t give enough outside of when he is hot. His defense isn’t that great, his ball handling is terrible, his decision making is embarrassing. He’s a very expensive pure 3pt shooter.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
55 wrote:
He's always been streaky. Can win you some games and lose you some games with his shooting.

He just doesn’t give enough outside of when he is hot. His defense isn’t that great, his ball handling is terrible, his decision making is embarrassing. He’s a very expensive pure 3pt shooter.

A very expensive streaky 3pt shooter.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I would trade him for Doug Mcdermmot. Give Bron his new Kyle Korver. Would Indy do that? maybe they want a vet for their young playoff team
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Danny Green is very upset with himself for the fouls he committed in the fourth. Mentioned it several times while talking. When asked a general question about the defense: “Danny Green has to not foul at the end of the game. It’s that simple,” he said.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1210051913946824704

(bleep) happens. Let's win the next one
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

This guy's brick fest is a big reason why we lost tonight. He is simply too streaky to be counted on day in and day out. I seriously wouldn't mind if he was gone come trade deadline.

Last edited by Artest4Three on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I think he was overrated coming off the Raptors championship. It looks like he's always fading on his shot and doesn't really have good range. Maybe he should stick to taking corner three's.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

If they want to win, he needs to be shipped out. Can't play D, can't shoot.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject:

Not earning his $15 million a year, if you get paid like a big dawg, you need to play like a big dawg.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Not earning his $15 million a year, if you get paid like a big dawg, you need to play like a big dawg.

A little harsh but he’s paid well, need to be that consistent 3rd guy if Kuzma isn’t ready yet
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

A little harsh but he’s paid well, need to be that consistent 3rd guy if Kuzma isn’t ready yet

He's definitely not the 3rd most important player on this team. Very streaky, and unable to create for himself. His D has been decent, but he still has not produced as I would have hoped.

We desperately need Kuzma to step up and be our 3rd best player.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Danny Green KILLED us last night (TO's, fouls, and crazy shots in the 4th). I like him, but have to keep it real.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

How much does LeBron make again? Leave the role-players alone, it's not their fault "the King" can't even lead a team to the playoffs without a top5-player by his side bailing him out every other night.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

If you watched the Raptors, Van Fleet was eating a considerable amount of his minutes in the playoffs.

Green signed a legit contract with the Lakers. People shred min or near min guys like Rondo and Bradley, Green hasn't been as good as advertised.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

How much does LeBron make again? Leave the role-players alone, it's not their fault "the King" can't even lead a team to the playoffs without a top5-player by his side bailing him out every other night.

What are you talking about? He led a pathetic Cavs team to the NBA finals with no one competent on the roster and you are saying he can't even lead a team to the playoffs?

Lebron was pretty bad last night but so what? He still put up 23/9/10 and people really going to act like he is the main reason they lost? Give me a break. They lost because Vogel was pathetic and Green played some of the worst basketball down the stretch I have ever seen.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
Carushow wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

What are you talking about? He led a pathetic Cavs team to the NBA finals with no one competent on the roster and you are saying he can't even lead a team to the playoffs?

Lebron was pretty bad last night but so what? He still put up 23/9/10 and people really going to act like he is the main reason they lost? Give me a break. They lost because Vogel was pathetic and Green played some of the worst basketball down the stretch I have ever seen.

Yes I mean those 2 threes he missed on the same possession. I was like I taught his name was “dead shot”. And those misses were critical
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

When is Vogel going to run action to free Danny Green up. It's hard for me to blame green when he regulated to spotting up in the corner. Green provides gravity to allow the space for AD and LeBron to work. Our 15m dollar player only (bleep) 8 times, not even in rythym. Green needs a minimum of 12 shots per game.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
When is Vogel going to run action to free Danny Green up. It's hard for me to blame green when he regulated to spotting up in the corner. Green provides gravity to allow the space for AD and LeBron to work. Our 15m dollar player only (bleep) 8 times, not even in rythym. Green needs a minimum of 12 shots per game.

This is essentially the hard part about the Lakers offense for shooters like Green.

The offense runs through AD and Lebron. Role players like Green shot the ball when they are open and sometimes they aren’t going to be open much doing a game to say have 12 shots.

Other teams I think give shooters a green light to shot more freely
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Some ya'll don't know what to expect from role players, do ya?

DG is doing everything we signed him to, play some D and hit shots. He's always been inconsistent in numbers and makes his dumb passes. Already won us one game with a clutch shot.

Exactly.
Green is a roll player.
He's hitting almost 40% on 3's and playing really solid D.
Exactly what he was signed to do.
If you thought he was signed to be a 20 ppg scorer or a "lockdown" defender you haven't been watching the same NBA I have.
He's solid, not spectacular, exactly as he's been his entire career.
KCP's been really solid this year too.
It's Bradley, Kuz,, Rondo and even Caruso that we need more from on a consistent basis. And right now, Cook and Daniels are wasted roster spots.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Would it be incorrect to say that 07-08 Sasha and 08-09 Shannon were better than Danny Green?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

And there it is.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure Snoop's rant was directed at D. Green , Rondo, Bradley and KCP. Snoop pretty much summed up exacty how I felt last night.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I'm pretty sure Snoop's rant was directed at D. Green , Rondo, Bradley and KCP. Snoop pretty much summed up exacty how I felt last night.

Snoop’s Laker Card was revoked a long time ago
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
Carushow wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I'm obviously not talking about the Cavs 100 years ago in the weak east. He couldn't even take last years Lakers-team to the playoffs when he was supposedly still "the best player in the world". Now with AD on his side he wins a couple of games and is instantly in the MVP-conversation again, which is a joke in itself. And it wasn't just "last night". He has been performing pretty badly in big game situations since he came here. I don't care so much about his statline when his game-winner gets blocked by Mario Hezonja or he goes 0-4 from the free-throw line in the last two minutes to lose us the game. How can Vogel be responsible for anything when LeBron is the shadow-coach (and shadow-GM) in reality? Do you really think Vogel does anything that wasn't cleared by LeBron? Even if Danny Green goes ice-cold from 3, he still puts in a solid effort on defense, which can't be said about LeBron either, who was 1-8 from 3 against the Clippers by the way iirc.

Edit: it was 2-12 from three, my bad.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
Carushow wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I'm obviously not talking about the Cavs 100 years ago in the weak east. He couldn't even take last years Lakers-team to the playoffs when he was supposedly still "the best player in the world". Now with AD on his side he wins a couple of games and is instantly in the MVP-conversation again, which is a joke in itself. And it wasn't just "last night". He has been performing pretty badly in big game situations since he came here. I don't care so much about his statline when his game-winner gets blocked by Mario Hezonja or he goes 0-4 from the free-throw line in the last two minutes to lose us the game. How can Vogel be responsible for anything when LeBron is the shadow-coach (and shadow-GM) in reality? Do you really think Vogel does anything that wasn't cleared by LeBron? Even if Danny Green goes ice-cold from 3, he still puts in a solid effort on defense, which can't be said about LeBron either, who was 1-8 from 3 against the Clippers by the way iirc.

Lebron was injured, he'll be fine come playoffs. But people need to realize this is a troll account Mustard, and this is the sort of response you get from it.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
Carushow wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Lebron was injured, he'll be fine come playoffs. But people need to realize this is a troll account Mustard, and this is the sort of response you get from it.

I read your last posts. You said that Kuzma would be the next big thing in the league and that you are confident we will beat the Clippers in the playoffs easily. I guess anybody who isn't as morbidly optimistic as you is a troll in your eyes. I can live with that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: