The Mandalorian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
It seems like they didn't want to compromise the 1st season with a great story arch when a 2nd season wasn't confirmed.


Huh? You lost me. If a 2nd season wasn't confirmed, wouldn't you want to go all in on the first season?


Not going all in, but instead focusing on smaller, closed histories every episode.


Yeah, I was thinking of the opposite.

Because seems like alot of fans want them to get on with the main story, since there's only 8 episodes.

But I've heard excuses from other fans saying, well, if they tell the entire story in 8 episodes, what else would they have to tell in the following seasons?

So, I would think that if the 2nd season wasn't guaranteed, they'd just tell a complete story in season 1 and then worry about season 2 when it gets picked up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13732

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
It seems like they didn't want to compromise the 1st season with a great story arch when a 2nd season wasn't confirmed.


Huh? You lost me. If a 2nd season wasn't confirmed, wouldn't you want to go all in on the first season?


Not going all in, but instead focusing on smaller, closed histories every episode.


Yeah, I was thinking of the opposite.

Because seems like alot of fans want them to get on with the main story, since there's only 8 episodes.

But I've heard excuses from other fans saying, well, if they tell the entire story in 8 episodes, what else would they have to tell in the following seasons?

So, I would think that if the 2nd season wasn't guaranteed, they'd just tell a complete story in season 1 and then worry about season 2 when it gets picked up.


Bob Iger's gotta sell Baby Yoda action figures. They keep this engine running.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6883

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
danzag wrote:
It seems like they didn't want to compromise the 1st season with a great story arch when a 2nd season wasn't confirmed.


Huh? You lost me. If a 2nd season wasn't confirmed, wouldn't you want to go all in on the first season?


Not going all in, but instead focusing on smaller, closed histories every episode.


Yeah, I was thinking of the opposite.

Because seems like alot of fans want them to get on with the main story, since there's only 8 episodes.

But I've heard excuses from other fans saying, well, if they tell the entire story in 8 episodes, what else would they have to tell in the following seasons?

So, I would think that if the 2nd season wasn't guaranteed, they'd just tell a complete story in season 1 and then worry about season 2 when it gets picked up.


Bob Iger's gotta sell Baby Yoda action figures. They keep this engine running.


Well yeah.

Just talking theoretically, if they were actually worried about not having a season 2....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 6883

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
aaand I'm out


You bailed one episode too early!

Don't read about it, WATCH IT!!

It's everything we were hoping for. Back to the main story arch. Really good storyline. Cliffhanger for Episode 8. It's going to be good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 15184
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject:

The same director from ep 3 directed ep 7, and Taika Waititi is directing ep 8. Of course it was too early to bail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
aaand I'm out


You bailed one episode too early!

Don't read about it, WATCH IT!!

It's everything we were hoping for. Back to the main story arch. Really good storyline. Cliffhanger for Episode 8. It's going to be good.


you convinced me...I'm back in. Thank you.

Was worth it just to see the first TIE FIGHTER VERTICAL LANDING + FOLDING WINGS!!?!??!?

still hated, hated, hated 4-6, though. What an odd and terrible stretch that was...hope we've seen the end of it.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17555
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
The same director from ep 3 directed ep 7, and Taika Waititi is directing ep 8. Of course it was too early to bail.


Weird how ep 7 was released on a Wednesday. I only found out cuz a friend texted me. It looks like ep 8 won't be released until next Friday.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9876
Location: LA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

^ It was released yesterday because the new Star Wars comes out today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26983

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
aaand I'm out


You bailed one episode too early!

Don't read about it, WATCH IT!!

It's everything we were hoping for. Back to the main story arch. Really good storyline. Cliffhanger for Episode 8. It's going to be good.


you convinced me...I'm back in. Thank you.

Was worth it just to see the first TIE FIGHTER VERTICAL LANDING + FOLDING WINGS!!?!??!?

still hated, hated, hated 4-6, though. What an odd and terrible stretch that was...hope we've seen the end of it.


Son of a B got me too. Guess I'll give it a crack. The things I'll do for Star Wars...
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6036
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

The stormtrooper banter in the beginning of this last episode is hilarious
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16884

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Already confirmed for season 2! I loved it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6036
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

IG-11 tho.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6036
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Some really nice moments in the last 2 episodes. Made up for the filler in the middle of the season.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."


Last edited by PLATNUM on Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6036
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Double post
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."


Last edited by PLATNUM on Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18067
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

What a great season it was!

Can't wait for Season 2.

PS: To understand the season finale you gotta watch Clone Wars and Rebels (great shows, BTW)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 3794
Location: South Orange County

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Do the magic hands thing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3724

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Do the magic hands thing!


That part actually made me laugh out loud. All in all, a good show. Jon Favreau obviously knows how to work with a man in armor. Although of course it's really been Baby Yoda's show from the moment he appeared.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14576
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

what a great show.

Last episode was awesome.

Taika Waititi is the best.

I loved the storm trooper scene.

and them shooting at the can. So great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5539
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Great show, beat the pants off the Star Wars finale......not that it was all that hard.......
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18067
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
what a great show.

Last episode was awesome.

Taika Waititi is the best.

I loved the storm trooper scene.

and them shooting at the can. So great.


This.

The 2 troopers chatting was awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17555
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
The stormtrooper banter in the beginning of this last episode is hilarious


I loved that part as well.

I just read the one who punched Baby Yoda was played by Jason Sudeikas and now he's catching heat for it on social media.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14576
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
The stormtrooper banter in the beginning of this last episode is hilarious


I loved that part as well.

I just read the one who punched Baby Yoda was played by Jason Sudeikas and now he's catching heat for it on social media.


they both punched baby yoda..

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2487493/yes-the-mandalorian-episode-8-most-hated-stormtroopers-voiced-by-famous-actors

the puppets rights activists are going to slaughter him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13732

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

They should've had Filoni or Waititi direct TRS.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26983

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I binged watched this again with my nieces and I wasn't (bleep) faced like I was before. Loved it!
_________________
KOBE


Last edited by jonnybravo on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 20188

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Filoni and waititi should have made episodes 7-9. They are the only ones who read legends and try to bring most of those story lines over to cannon. Clone wars materials were all from Lucas and legends the same with rebels and now we see this in the mandalorian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB